Negative Space Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
_bloom_
_bloom_
224 Followers

I called Elliott, checking in on the clinic and the research. As we spoke I walked around the library, touching the backs of books, smelling the dust and ink. The books were ancient, beautiful, and endless. I loved it there in that library. Elliott gave me a rundown of recent patients he had seen, and I pulled a particularly beautiful book off the shelf. It had a leather binding that was imprinted with gold and a deep red. The cover was littered with Nordic runes, some by themselves, some making up larger words. I held the spine to my nose and inhaled the dust—a clichéd thing to do, I suppose, but I could not help but try to almost ingest the book, get it as close to me as possible. Old books always smelled so....right to me. I was only half paying attention to the book as I agreed to new protocol over the phone with Elliott, but when I opened the front cover of the book I forgot there even was a phone. There, below the runic title was an illustration I would have recognized anywhere—a basic sketch of my necklace. The Freyja necklace.

"Hey Elliott?" I cut him off midsentence. "Do you mind if I get back to you? Something's just come up."

"Sure sure. Just call me back tomorrow night."

I hung up immediately, slipping the phone into my pocket. The first few pages of the book were just writing, but after that there were illustrations woven in between the lines of text. The book had obviously been hand illustrated, and I could see when the artist's pen had creased the page, or accidentally splattered ink. There were water colors of Freyja with the necklace or trying to find it, there were pen and ink drawings of her in her feathered cloak or gathering souls from the battlefield. In the middle of the book I came upon what looked suspiciously like a family tree. It was carefully drawn to look like a root system with Freyja's name on the trunk, and a number of roots spreading down and out from her. I couldn't read any of the runes except for "Freyja," so I set the book down and quickly scanned the library. Right where I expected to find them was a whole shelf of Nordic tales and histories. I gasped out loud when I actually found the book I was looking for, a runic dictionary, and rushed back over to the table. Rune by rune I pieced together the runes and was in no way astonished to see that there were no sons in Freyja's family. Only women who passed the family name to their daughters, all the way down till the last line. It was there that something strange happened. There was a name, Birna, attached by a red line to the name Sylvans, which was written in gold. In parentheses below the name, someone had scribbled in English "(Incubus)." From the merging of Birna, the daughter of Frejya, and Sylvans, an incubus, there was a pregnancy, it seems, that provided twins. The two names were both written in red and gold: Kata and Karl. Again, someone had scribbled in underneath Karl's name in English "(Prometheus)."

I thought back to Theo's furious eyes and cold words as Julian had begun to speak to me about the fact that, what did he say? I was "related to Prometheus." If I was some sort of succubus-Vala combo, I must have been from the part of the family that descended from Kata, Prometheus' twin. Kata couldn't have been my mother, that was entirely too long ago, but the twins had clearly been still rather young when the book was written, as Prometheus hadn't changed his name yet, and they were at the very end of the family line. If Kata had given birth, that could easily have passed both the succubus line from her father, Sylvan, and the Freyja line from her mother, Birna on down to me. Why didn't Theo want me to know about that?

Someone was...watching me. I could feel it, their focus, their persistence. I turned around quickly and saw a flash of shirt disappear around a bookshelf. I rushed over to the end of the shelf and peeked around it—no one was there. I went back to the books. Maybe I was seeing things. Or maybe I was about to be found out sniffing through Theo's private books. I took the scrap of paper I had used to translate the runes with. It had almost the whole tree scribbled down on it, so I stuck it in my pocket and put the other books back exactly as I had found them. As I walked over to the other section of the library to put the Runic dictionary back I felt the intensity again. Someone else's energy was tingling up my spine, tickling the fine hairs at the nape of my neck. I spun around—no one there. I pushed the dictionary back on to the shelf, closing my eyes as I did it. I could feel the energy, feel where it was coming from. Behind me and to the....to the left. I opened my eyes again and checked the room. Walking quickly in the other direction of the watcher, I slipped behind a shelf and waited for the watcher to come closer. I moved around the back of the shelf then, as quietly as possible, and found myself staring at Aurelius' back as he tried to peer around the other side of the shelf he thought I was still behind.

"Snooping around?" I asked, and Aurelius practically jumped in shock. He looked up at me somewhat sheepishly.

"I just wanted to know what you were doing in here for so long."

"Hmmm." I let out, and shifted my weight. His face flushed a deep red, and he kept blinking his long and staring at the floor. I walked a little closer to him. He finally looked up at me and made direct eye contact. I couldn't help but notice how red and soft his lips were. I had always had a thing for big lips. Suddenly his demeanor changed entirely—maybe after he realized I wasn't going to yell at him. He stood up straighter and leaned one elbow up on the book shelf next to his head. He grabbed my hand and pulled it up to his mouth. After looking in my eyes for a moment, he inhaled.

"Smells like you've been playing with books. With the old, expensive kind."

"Maybe. Or maybe this whole place smells like old, expensive books. What are you doing, using your jaguar senses?"

"Maybe. Or maybe I'm grasping at any excuse to touch you." I laughed and took my hand back.

"Grasping is right. Who do you think you are, Don Juan?"

"Don Juan has a lot to learn from me. He kept moving on from one woman to another. I, on the other hand, have just one woman I want to spend my time with." Aurelius winked at me and turned on his heel, sauntering out of the library. I leaned back against the bookshelf, sighing. That kid...he riled me up! Honestly, he couldn't be that much younger than me, but I felt like I was in such a different space in my life than he was. He just seemed so youthful, like he hadn't been beaten by life yet. Maybe he never would be. And maybe that was why I was so drawn to him.

My head sank back into the row of books, pushing them back on the shelf. I rubbed my face, massaging my jaw. I hadn't realized just how strongly I had been clenching it. I fixed the books, grabbed my things from the desk, and headed out to find Theo. I glanced out the window in the hallway and saw the empty pavement of New York streets at 5 in the morning. Again, I was jolted a bit, surprised to remember that the entire world was just outside this building. I felt like I was tumbling farther and farther down the rabbit hole of this non-human world. It was too surreal. I opened Theo's office door, peering into the darkness. I couldn't see him, but I could smell him. His body always smelled so rich, like bare, sunny skin, leather, and maybe even rosemary. I heard him chuckle.

"Are you listening in on my thoughts again, mister?" I called into the dark, closing the door behind me.

"I keep telling you," he whispered in my ear, startling me, "we can't hear thoughts."

I turned to face him, or at least where I thought he was. "Then why were you chuckling?"

"Well maybe I can't hear thoughts, but I could tell that you were dwelling on me. And I can smell that you're aroused." These last words he murmured while nuzzling my neck, nipping gently at the skin. I shuddered. Theo bit my ear gently and a gasp escaped my lips without my control. The sensations he was sending through my core vibrated down through me to my knees, which began to tremble enough that Theo swooped one arm around my middle to steady me.

"Theo, we need to talk," I began, but I lost the second half of my sentence as he licked the side of my neck. He nibbled down to my collarbone, sucking and kissing it.

"Wait, Theo—" I tried again, but was cut off when he pushed me forward so that I leaned over his desk, bent at the waist. He squeezed my hips, digging his fingers into the soft flesh next to my hipbones. I shuddered. Theo pressed his length against my upturned ass, groaning.

"I missed you," he muttered. As I began to lift my head up from the desk to talk to him he placed his hand on the back of my neck, gently, but immovably, holding it down.

"Wait—" I began a third time, but suddenly I heard a tearing, and my pants fell away from my body. Theo leaned his face to the bare flesh of my ass, gently skimming the pale orbs with his fangs. I closed my eyes to let the sensations rush through me. How was it that he knew so well how to make me his? His hot tongue ran up over my ass, coming dangerously close to my little pink bud. I shivered, dreading, and yet yearning for him to continue. I could see the condensation of my breath on the desk as I panted, unsure of what he would do next. Suddenly I felt the most excruciating pleasure throbbing through me as Theo sunk his tongue deep into my cunt. He pushed it into me over and over again, fucking me with his tongue, until he came down a little farther to suck my clit into his mouth. I gasped.

"Oh my god, Theo, please—" I could barely spit out the words as I became dizzy with delight. He sucked and twirled his tongue around my clit, alternating between that and my sopping hole. As I felt myself getting closer and closer to coming Theo brought his tongue even higher and licked my little rosebud. My knees buckled as the unfamiliar sensations drove me crazy. He licked around it in circles, and finally dipped it into the center, humming to himself. I had never felt anything quite like this—the last time he had put his mouth there I was angry and upset. This time it felt like I was going to explode—burn up into a million little pieces. I ground my ass back onto his face and dug my fingers into my hair as he sunk his tongue into my sphincter, wriggling it back and forth. I couldn't believe he was in my ass! I felt so vulnerable and open, and surprisingly I couldn't wait for more. The sensation was spreading throughout my body and I was speechless—I couldn't ask for more even though I needed it. Suddenly Theo's tongue disappeared and I almost started crying. My body wasn't my own anymore. He HAD to continue. Instead, I felt the hot, sticky tip of his dick pressing against my ass.

"No—no, your tongue!" I cried, but he nudged it in, deeper and deeper, and I was overwhelmed. I couldn't even understand the feelings ricocheting through my body. I was on fire, I was being electrocuted. I was so full. I could feel his balls pressing up against my cunt, and when he finally began pumping his dick into me they slapped me there. He was part of me. I was so full and open and entirely there for him to use as he wanted. I began to come like I hadn't ever come before. The feeling flew up into my stomach, and spread out through my fingers, leaving them tingling and numb. My whole body spasmed and I gasped, unable to breathe or think or respond to such a huge wave of pleasure. As I finally began to come down, I heard Theo groaning.

"Oh fuck, oh my god, Lana, you're so fucking hot." He was holding on to my hips with a death grip, and fucking me as hard as he could, murmuring over and over again how good it felt. His cock became even harder, and bigger, and I knew he was about to come. I flipped my hair away from my neck and stretched it out, guessing accurately that I would feel his teeth there next. He sunk them in, and my pussy began convulsing over again as he used my body for blood and sex. I poured out into his mouth and he came, pumping into me two more times before stopping, gulping my blood down. As the haziness of oblivion settled down around me Theo licked my neck shut.

"That was fucking amazing, Lana. Fucking incredible."

I hummed my assent quietly, and surrendered myself to the blackness, welcoming sleep.

*****

I woke up later that day, snuggled deep into Theo's arms. I always felt so secure right there, so comfortable. I pressed my eyes shut again, hoping I could fall back asleep, but the rumble of Theo's voice reminded me that I had to talk to him.

"Good evening Lana," Theo said, nuzzling my neck. "Do you feel okay?"

I laughed and nodded.

"Every time, Lana. Every time. I just can't control myself when I taste you! You're so incredibly good."

"Don't worry about it, love. I feel fine." As if to emphasize it, I sat up in bed. I was immediately hit by a wave of dizziness and nausea, and fell back to the bed.

"Oh boy," Theo muttered, lifting my head up so that I could drink from the glass of water he offered me. "You've got to stay in bed, tonight, baby."

"Don't call me baby! I'm not an infant, and you're not some high schooler taking me out to the movies, okay?"

"Okay! Consider it done. But no matter what I call you, or what you are, you're not getting out of bed tonight. Stay here and I'll send up some food. You're not scheduled back at the clinic for a few more nights, so don't stress. This is vacation time."

"Alright, fine." I was starting to see the appeal of falling back asleep as my eyelids got heavier. "Come in to check on me?" I asked, looking over at Theo's beautiful long eyelashes and incredible gold eyes. They crinkled up at the corners as he smiled.

"Of course, beautiful. Now go to sleep." He kissed my eyes shut, and left one warm, soft kiss on my forehead. I sighed, and let sleep come over me immediately.

*****

I woke up again closer to midnight, suddenly keenly aware of another presence in the room. I felt along the headboard for the silver dagger I knew Theo kept, and sat up slowly with the dagger's smooth ivory handle in my palm. I scanned the room and gasped when I saw the same glowing eyes that had awoken me the first night.

"Jesus, Aurelius! You keep doing that!" I took a deep breath to calm the thudding of my blood. A last, solitary spiral of adrenaline unfurled in my stomach, but I shook it away. I was already practicing what I would say to Aurelius so I could escape to look for Theo. 'Thanks for waking me,' I might start, or maybe, 'It's so good you came to wake me up—I have something important to talk to Theo about.' But I didn't get that far. The mattress sunk under Aurelius' weight as he perched on the edge, crossing his leg awkwardly so that his foot jutted out into the dark space of the empty room. I watched as the swaying beams of headlights passed across the room, highlighting his beautiful high cheek bones for a moment, lengthening his long, delicate eyelashes before plunging him again into darkness. To disguise my staring I slipped one hand behind me, absently massaging the back of my neck.

"Are you sore?" Aurelius asked, his voice soft and hesitant. Something in me shivered at the intimacy of the question, but I nodded anyway. Aurelius leaned over to me, his long, smooth-muscled arm curling underneath my neck, his warm, soft fingertips dipping into the muscles in my shoulders, my neck. My mouth sprung open of its own accord, but I managed to hold back the gasp. The feeling was amazing. Without even thinking about it I rolled over onto my stomach and he began to massage me in earnest, scooting closer to me on the bed, using both hands. I sighed into my pillow as his fingers danced along my spinal column, sending shocks through my tense and abused muscles.

"Aurelius, that feels amazing," I muttered.

"Shhhh, just relax. Go ahead and close your eyes."

So I did. I let myself just focus on the amazing sensations of calmness and relaxation that spread through my neck and shoulders. I felt shivers floating up over my scalp as each muscle in my back eventually gave in to his skillful manipulation. I hadn't even known it was possible to be sore in some of the places he found, but he smoothed out the ache no matter what. I didn't think about the fact that I was naked under the blanked, either, until he came to my lower back and he used his thumbs to press deep semi-circles into the flesh beside my sacrum, loosening the tendons that held those bones together, letting the tension dissipate in little shocks that reverberated through my pelvis. It was when that familiar warm feeling started expanding up through my core that I remembered that I was naked and alone in here with an extremely charming, handsome young man who seemed particularly interested in me. I sighed again as he lifted his hands back up to my shoulders to work on my neck.

"Where did you learn to do this?" I asked, hoping to put my mind on something besides the insistent yearning coming from somewhere between my legs.

"Oh, no where in particular," he chuckled. "I've just always loved giving massages, and I love the way that almost anyone will just melt under my hands if I give them one."

"So what you're saying," I began as I rolled back over, pulling the sheet up to cover my breasts, "is that you use it to get girls."

Aurelius threw back his head and laughed, joyously and freely. He was completely comfortable, completely certain of himself. I envied him. "Of course! Think about how much the other jaguars girls like it. They're big cats! They love to be pet."

"Anyone in particular?" I asked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. This is ridiculous! I told myself. He's practically a kid. And not to mention that, you have Theo already.

"No, no Werecats right now. They're too self-absorbed for me. Too much drama."

I propped myself up on one elbow, combing out my hair with my other hand. He was making this too easy for me. I had to do something to remind this was a bad idea.

"I guess I should give you a proper assessment sometime so you can head back to the den as soon as possible."

"Oh, I don't mind it here. It's kind of strange, but I've been having fun exploring."

"Don't you miss your friends?"

"Sure, but you're not bad company," he smiled shyly, batting his lashes and looking away. It was almost too much, but even though I knew he was playing me, I fell for it.

"You're such a flatterer," I mumbled as a lock of hair fell into my face. Aurelius chuckled and leaned over, sweeping the hair out to tuck it behind my ear. He stayed close for a moment, and my heart began racing. That same spiral of adrenaline unfurled, but this time it was something more, it was a deep desire for this man, quickly getting out of control. Suddenly Aurelius pulled back, a little nervous, and stood up from the bed. A moment later the door swung open and Theo broad shouldered silhouette stepped into the room.

"Oh there you two are," he said, a little amusement in his voice. "You scoundrels. When Elke called and I couldn't find you, I was so worried you'd run off, little kitty. Instead I find you here, taking good care of Lana. Thank you for that."

Although Aurelius looked like he was about to bolt from the room in fright, I could tell that Theo was just joking. He knew I didn't belong to him, and thankfully, he seemed to think this was more amusing than anything else. I gave him a little glare to remind him not to terrify the jaguar, and just he winked at me. Still, he shook off a little of the predator stance he had been holding, and smiled genuinely at Aurelius, clapping him on the shoulder.

"She's on the phone in my office. I think she just wants to know what your plan is, but you should probably just check in with her. Go right ahead in there and just press the red button to take her off hold."

_bloom_
_bloom_
224 Followers