Neighborhood Dad Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She reached up and pulled my hands off her arms. Then she shifted forward and put both hands on my chest.

"We're two consenting adults. Maybe that's all this should be for now. Just two lonely single parents taking comfort in each other's arms."

"Just sex, without all the entanglements," I muttered, thinking about what Randi had said. Was I putting too much importance on my relationship with her because of sex? That felt silly, but maybe testing that bond by having sex with another might just prove myself to Randi. Or at least that convoluted reasoning made a twisted kind of sense what with the erection pushing against a willing partner.

Gina placed a hand upon my cheek, and the touch felt so intimate that I expected to blink and see Randi before me. And it was probably the worst thing she could have done. If she'd suddenly whipped off her clothes and begged me to take her hard and fast, that might have done the trick, but the tenderness of that caress sent my stomach into flip-flops.

I reached up and took her hand.

"You know, there might come a day when this feels right, but ..." I said, trailing off.

"But today's not that day," she finished. She was dejected, but then stood up a little straighter and took a breath. "See? Even when you're turning me down, you're proving me right. Youareworth my time."

She gave me one last kiss, this time on my cheek where her hand had recently been. Then she slid past me, her footsteps growing softer as she went down the hall. When the front door closed, I let out a big sigh.

Some people will tell you to listen to your heart; some will say to be sensible and use your head. And of course, there's always that little brain in your pants. Right now, none of them was giving me a clear answer.

I didn't want to hurt anyone, but it isn't possible to do that. Someone is bound to get hurt.

I could turn my back on Randi, knowing she will be crushed now, but she's young, beautiful, smart, funny and sexy. She wouldn't have trouble finding any number of guys who'd like a shot with her.

I could tell Randi I was a fool and beg her to take me back, but the person who would likely get hurt is me. Either right then, if she told me no, or weeks or months from now when she decides the age difference truly does matter.

I could give Gina a try, but that would likely end badly for her if I'm just on the rebound from Randi.

Thinking back to what had just transpired, I should have given Gina a firm no. Made it very clear that she was barking up the wrong tree. But instead I gave her a little hope. Was that because I could picture myself with Gina one day or because that little head intervened and he is a greedy bastard who doesn't want to turn away good pussy?

Christ, I'm such a mess that no one should want me.

12