Nerds in Love

Story Info
Realization came slowly.
2.7k words
4.66
24.6k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jjcolejr
jjcolejr
310 Followers

Her face showed unrestrained fury, she was yelling at me at the top of her voice. She slapped me. Hard. I saw stars.

She turned and walked out the door slamming it hard behind her. I was stunned, frozen in place. My mind raced to find a reason for the outburst and could find none. Then it got weird.

The door flew open and she came at me. I braced myself for another attack. She was crying.

Her hands went to my head and I flinched. She pulled my head to her face and kissed me. It was a ferocious kiss that took my breath away. My body relaxed before my brain did, my arms had encircled her waist, and my lips were returning the kiss, but my brain still expected another hard blow.

She broke the kiss and hissed at me, "You are an idiot!" then kissed me again.

Her name was Marlena. She had occupied the center of my universe for years. She was right, I was an idiot; I should have known I might have become important to her too.

I had spent years being the best friend she had, treating her like a proper gentleman treats a fine lady, trying very hard to keep her from seeing how deeply in love I was with her. She had gotten so frustrated by my proper behavior she tried to knock my head off.

We had just belatedly celebrated our nineteenth birthdays which were two weeks apart, (she was the older one), and had started our senior year at the university. We had been celebrated as prodigies because we had graduated from high school before we were sixteen.

Our respective teenage years were very difficult, as in essence we had no peers. We did not know each other until we were paired as partners in freshman Biology lab at the university.

We had both bristled at the pairing of the "two freaks" and that led to a mutual dislike. That faded quickly as we saw that we dispatched every lab quickly and efficiently and made straight A's on each one. The very people that sneered at us at the start inundated each of us with requests for assistance. I always helped, she seldom did. She never forgave the slights of others.

Through our sophomore year we shared at least two classes and we studied together often. We lived apart from the student body in private homes affiliated with the university. Our houses were one block apart.

The walk from her house to mine became very familiar. We were each other's best friend, in fact we were each others only friend. Somewhere during that time I fell in love with her. I would not fully realize that for a long time.

Our junior year was difficult for me. We did not have a single class in common. She had started on her path towards a degree in psychology and I started mine towards astronomy and aerospace engineering. It took me a while to come up with a somewhat reasonable excuse to see her.

The solution was Italian food. We both loved the food and the ambience of a small Italian restaurant near the campus. The clientele was older; we saw some of our professors there at times but we seldom saw students except for couples on a date. Some of those were gay or lesbian couples but they were very much at ease there.

Mrs. Satriani, the owner and chief cook, loved everyone and treated all customers as long lost relatives. She had taken us under her wing from our first trip there and we enjoyed the special treatment.

School had been in session for two weeks during our junior year before we made it to Satriani's. We were lovingly berated for waiting so long before making our first appearance of the fall. She had worried that we had not returned to school.

As we settled into our meal Mrs. Satriani hovered over us and continually commented on how we had grown, how tall and handsome I was, how beautiful and sexy Marlena had become.

I knew I was taller; I was now over six feet tall and no longer looked any different from the other college students. My mother thought I was handsome but I discounted that as prejudice on her part. I decided to discount it from Mrs. Satriani for the same reason.

Marlena and I had talked to each other on the phone several times during the summer but had not seen each other. To her eyes I had grown three inches taller while to my eyes she had grown very fine breasts. We noted the changes in each other with shyness.

I knew Marlena was beautiful from the first day I saw her. I had not realized she was also sexy until Mrs. Satriani pointed it out. I found myself having great difficulty keeping my eyes off her newly added cleavage.

We stayed at the restaurant until it was closing time. We had been there for almost three hours and yet it seemed like only twenty minutes had passed. We were flattered by the fact that Mrs. Satriani and her staff now treated us as adults.

A promise was extracted from us to come to the restaurant every Friday for the rest of our lives, a permanent date for Marlena and me. I was embarrassed by how quickly I had agreed and did not notice how eagerly Marlena accepted the proposal.

As I walked her to her house door that night I gathered every bit of courage I had and kissed Marlena on the cheek. She allowed my kiss to linger a bit then she gave me a quick kiss on the lips before rushing through her door. Apparently I floated home. I do not remember taking actual steps

We were now old enough to work part time and that prompted Mrs. Satriani to offer Marlena a part time job in her kitchen; she wanted to teach her how to cook. It was just one day a week, (Wednesdays). Marlena jumped at the opportunity.

I was soon recruited as wait staff at Satriani's also for Wednesdays and I now had two days that did not need excuses for me to see Marlena.

We quickly learned the restaurant business was an intense, exhausting business. Marlena and I were intelligent enough to learn the fundamentals quickly so we were in full stride by the middle of our third Wednesday of work. Her only problem in the kitchen was a strong desire to experiment. Mrs. Satriani had a difficult time getting her to realize that the steady customers did not want anything different in their favorite dishes.

She eventually made Marlena an offer she could not refuse. In exchange for her promise not to tamper with the menu items Marlena was allowed to create a new dish to be featured on Wednesdays. This nearly led to my first fistfight.

Marlena would always try to sit with the customers that ordered her dish and ask for reviews after they finished. She mostly managed to keep the reviews of her food from becoming a review of herself personally, but not always.

Mrs. Satriani and I had to loan her our sympathetic ears at times. Most diners were extravagant in their praises and were polite with any criticism.

One diner was abusive. I interrupted his tirade and told him his meal was on the house and it was OK for him to leave. He stood and announced he would leave when he was ready. I told him he was ready now.

He took a swing at me but I managed to catch his wrist and twisted his arm behind his back. I shoved him out the door, turned him around and with a ferocity I did not know I was capable of I asked if there was anything else I could help him with.

He mumbled something about the cops and motioned for his date to follow him. They strode away and I could hear him continue his tirade halfway down the block.

His date turned to him and said something then tried to walk away from him. He grabbed her arm and I heard her tell him to let her go. I was walking towards them before I realized I was. He saw me, released the girl, jumped into his car and pulled out. As he drove by me he gave me the finger while shouting, "Fuck you" then sped away. The girl came to me and said thanks then after kissing my cheek walked away.

My rage dissipated as quickly as it had arrived. By the time I got to the restaurant door the shakes from the withdrawal of the adrenalin had run its course and I was back to my usual amiable self.

Apparently everyone in the restaurant had seen the entire episode, some patted my shoulder as I went back in. Marlena and Mrs. Satriani were looking at me in opened mouth amazement. I cleared the table the asshole was sitting in and as I walked past them I said, "You know, I don't think he liked his dinner very much."

One of them swatted me in the ass hard enough that I almost dropped my tray. Once back in the kitchen I took a bite out of Marlena's dish.

It was awful.

Everyone's opinion of me changed that day, even mine. I was bigger and stronger than I had realized. The jerk was nearly as tall as me and appeared to be more muscular but yet I had handled him with ease. I saw fear in his eyes.

Funny, I had endured insults with aplomb all my life; I had not made it past the first one to Marlena. And I still did not have a clue I loved her.

Marlena and I went home every weekend. Mine was seventy miles from campus while hers was about one hundred miles. We were still "children" to all concerned and were not allowed to remain on campus if there were two or more consecutive days without classes.

Thanks to our studies most Mondays through Wednesday we did not see each other at all until we reported for work at Satriani's on Wednesday evenings. We welcomed the work, the change in routine. I welcomed being with her.

We were soon solid assets to Mrs. Satriani and she allowed us to take on more responsibilities as time passed. Marlena and I quickly ended up thinking that it was our restaurant too.

I always walked Marlena home Wednesday and Friday nights and somewhere in time we ended up holding hands all the way there. Our goodnight kisses became full lip, lingering kisses.

In anticipation of the kiss my dick would slowly rise until it was a world-class hardon by the time my kiss arrived. I did not see how Marlena could have missed it. I know she must have felt it at times but she never gave me any indication she noticed.

After I got home I sometimes had to beat my dick back into submission twice before getting any sleep. Little did I know that she was working her way through a similar problem.

As the year progressed our Friday dates deteriorated into a second workday. We had managed to eat a nice meal and visit with the staff at first but as the weather turned colder the restaurant became busier and we each saw a need to pitch in.

People began to assume I was management and I spent the night solving problems, helping the servers, running the register, chatting with the customers. Marlena disappeared into the kitchen and did not reappear until after the rush. We would collapse into "our" booth and Mrs. Satriani would bring each of us a coffee mug filled with chilled house wine and dinner.

Our junior year went by in a flash and we began our senior year. Again Marlena and I talked to each other often but did not see each other for three months. Apparently our phone conversations were a lot more frequent that I thought and the talks between Mom and Marlena appeared to have been numerous.

I had a few conversations with Marlena's Mom myself while waiting for Marlena to get to the phone. I was sure I had not divulged anything. Apparently I had.

My parents at last acknowledged my maturity and agreed to allow me to get a small place of my own. I returned to campus early and with Mom's help I had a small but cozy townhouse to live in.

The week after I had moved into my new home the semester began. Neither Marlena or I had a class to attend the first two days of that week so we did not see each other until Wednesday when we returned to Satriani's to resume our jobs.

We were greeted by a surprise birthday party, a real surprise to us as our respective nineteenth birthdays were now weeks back in our rear view mirrors. Mrs. Satriani had gotten frustrated by the fact that we had mid-summer birthdays and wanted to do something for us.

After that event I had invited Marlena to come and see my new residence. She had been impressed by how cozy it was, how neat I kept it, and my new state of the art iMac. I then volunteered to walk her to her home. And she tried to decapitate me.

She had come to my place expecting an evening of passion. She had come over expecting she would lose her virginity to me.

And I had only offered to walk her home.

I had to calm her rage so I said the only words that could, "I love you."

She began to hit my chest and kiss me while demanding I repeat my words. The blows diminished and the kisses became less furious and more loving. We soon found ourselves on my loveseat kissing each other with all our hearts. Shortly afterward we found ourselves drinking in the sight of our respective nude bodies.

We spent three days and nights exploring each other's body. It was our first honeymoon.

When we emerged for air it seemed to me that everyone knew all about us. Marlena's parents and mine had fully expected our union and had joined in the choice and purchase of the little townhouse. Marlena's stuff arrived at what was now our home that Saturday morning.

Apparently everyone knew my immediate future except me. Apparently I was not as smart as everyone seemed to think.

My parents and her parents came for Sunday dinner at Satriani's. After dinner we were told what the rules were for Marlena and me. We were not to get married and she was not to go off her birth control pills. After we had finished our studies, (two more years for me, three for her), I was to ask her to marry me and she would say yes and the moms would plan the wedding.

I felt I could not agree to all that and said so. I immediately asked Marlena to marry me. She immediately said, "Yes."

I asked dad to loan me money for an engagement ring. He said, "Sure."

Marlena's father started laughing and eventually our mothers joined in the merriment. We had to agree to the timetable but our engagement became official before dessert.

Mrs. Satriani fashioned a ring from a champagne bottle cork holder and I even got on my knees when I again asked Marlena to be my wife. She had not changed her mind.

Our mothers fought off tears. Mrs. Satriani lost that battle and was openly weeping. Marlena and I understood that they were "The babies have grown up" tears and we just hugged them.

At eight that evening as we sat alone in what was now our own living room the enormity of how our lives had changed sunk in. We held onto each other and wept. At nine that evening we were making love and continued doing so throughout the night.

For the rest of our life that was the anniversary we celebrated for ourselves.

jjcolejr
jjcolejr
310 Followers