Never Again Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She waked towards the table, giving Manuel and Sofia a slight wave. Gia was making a mental note to arrive even earlier to their next meeting when she noticed that there was a man sitting across from the De Soto's, and he was staring at her. When she looked at his face, she quickly told herself that he was just someone who, from a distance, looked like a guy she knew in high school.

She was trying to tell herself that it couldn't be him, but as she reached the table, she knew exactly who sat before her.

"Hello." She smiled slightly and stepped to the side, making her way around to her chair.

Scott swallowed hard when he heard her voice. He stood, turning to face her.

Gia blinked quickly, as though she was sure her eyes were out of focus. But, no, her eyes were fine and there was no hiding the surprise she felt. It really was him.

"Hi Gia, it's been a long time." Scott stood awkwardly, not knowing whether to shake her hand or hug her, or better, kiss her the way he dreamt about.

"Oh my god, Scott. It's been ages. I didn't think I'd see you again. I'm just... ...how are you? I mean, what are you doing here?" Gia was beginning to stutter.

"Um, it's kind of a long story, but earlier today-"

Sofia cut him off, "We noticed that he was sitting by himself and asked him to join us. Do you two know each other?"

Manuel's mouth dropped as his wife lied through her teeth. Sofia could easily see that Scott was enamored with Gia, and rather than watch him stumble through an explanation that would make him look strange at best, she decided to help him out.

Gia's face changed from shocked to mistrustful; she involuntarily arched one eyebrow at Sofia and the looked back at Scott.

Catching onto Sofia's ruse, Scott began, "Yeah, I overheard them talking about the Art Basel show and asked them if it was worth attending. We got talking and they were kind enough to ask me to join. They told me they were meeting their art consultant, but I had no idea it'd be you. It's so crazy."

Gia was swirling internally. He was so handsome, better looking than he'd been in high school. His lanky frame had filled out and his hair wasn't as blond as it had been and it no hung around the tops of his ears. His body looked incredibly strong and lean; his height made him imposing and sexy at the same time. His sharp jaw and patrician nose were just as she remembered, but his eyes... She had forgotten how blue they were, like turquoise with hints of sapphire. And his smile- it was perfect, with straight white teeth and utterly perfect lips that she wanted to lick. She couldn't help but stare at him.

She had always wondered about him, and, whether she wanted to or not, Gia had been dreaming about him for years. She had often wished that she'd handled things with Scott differently. One of Gia's biggest fears was that she had shut the door on her happiness when she closed the door on Scott all those years ago.

She wanted to lose herself in the experience of seeing him, but she forced herself to focus and make conversation.

"Scott and I went to high school together. We haven't seen each other since. What a strange coincidence, I really can't believe it."

"Stranger things have happened." This time, Manuel was trying to help Scott out. Even he could tell that the guy was interested; Scott hadn't taken his eyes off of Gia for a second, and he felt sorry for him.

"Scott, tonight we're going to the opening gala for the exhibition. Will you join us? That way you two can catch up."

Gia politely nodded; she didn't know whether she wanted him to accept or decline. The idea of spending an evening with Scott was daunting; she felt unprepared, but the idea of him leaving without their getting a chance to talk was much worse. There Gia sat, chatting with the one man she'd ever cared about as though it were the most natural thing in the world.

"I'd love to." Scott accepted Manuel's invitation.

Well, that was that. Gia didn't need to choose, so she would make conversation and try to keep calm. Being so close to him made goose bumps run down her arms. He smelled clean and masculine; it was making her think of the way his skin had tasted all those years ago.

Sofia was dutifully making conversation, and Gia tried her best to focus, as did Scott. The De Soto's told them about how they met and a little bit about their lives. Gia and Scott told the De Soto's about high school and their hometown. Gia explained that Scott and she grew up in the same neighborhood and told stories of bike riding, football games and classes spent together.

Over the next hour, Gia learned that Scott was a lawyer, lived in Tampa, and was in Miami on business to meet with potential clients. They talked about their lives and Gia told him about her work in New York.

Before any of them realized it, they were running late for the gala. Manuel called his driver as Gia and Sofia excused themselves and walked to the ladies room.

"Gia, he is absolutely gorgeous. I have to ask, was he your high school sweetheart?"

Sofia noticed that Gia hesitated, but said nothing.

"No. He was just a friend. We really lost touch after graduation, so it's a little surreal to see him again. He was always good-looking, though. That hasn't changed."

Sofia was quiet as she and Gia walked to the car. She knew that there was something between them; there was palpable electricity in the air, but she didn't want to push, so she said nothing more.

---------------

Nearly five hundred people stood in the grand ballroom of one of the many beautiful South Beach hotels. Waiters served trendy cocktails in chic charcoal pants and dark shirts. Artists gathered in every corner, discussing potential buyers, the quality of the show, and mostly, each other. Long gowns swept the floor as glamorous women swished from place to place, men in tuxedos loyally trailing behind them.

The Art Basel Gala took place every year on the opening Friday of the exhibition. The room was packed with every major art collector in Miami, as well as savvy collectors from all over the world. Gallerists scoured the walls searching for the next big thing as socialites stood in front of cameras, waiting to be photographed.

There was no denying that the gala was the place to be that evening. The guests wore the newest fashions to honor the black tie dress code and there wasn't a stiletto under four inches in the entire place.

Scott marveled at the crowd; he'd been to many fancy functions over the years, but he'd never seen anything like the gala. Colored lights cast enchanting shadows over the floor, art hung or sat on every available space, and the women were dressed to the nines.

Scott was used to attending stuffy events where guests stayed seated and turned their noses up at one another. This was entirely different; the crowd was eclectic and the young artists were easy to spot.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go say hello to some clients. Do you mind staying with Sofia? There are drinks coming our way." Gia turned on her heel and walked away from Scott, who took the opportunity to check out her ass, which was round, pert and sexier than he remembered.

"Scott, watch her work. Gia is in her element here; I've never seen anyone work a room better than she does, not even my husband, and that's saying something."

Scott stood near one of the bars carved from ice. Gia walked from person to person and group to group, hugging, chatting and introducing her clients to one another. She didn't partake in any appetizers and only sipped water as she smiled and nodded while she moved throughout the room.

More than once, Scott heard her speaking; she asked about family members, work, spouses, and it was clear that she remembered each and every person that she spoke to. Watching her work was impressive, to say the least. She flirted with single men, complimented many outfits, and never faltered. She held conversation and groups of people flocked to her to say hello. She seemed comfortable in her role, but she also exuded poise and control.

Every chance she got, Gia let her eyes momentarily rest on Scott. She saw several women circle around him, but they never approached. Gia couldn't imagine approaching someone that looked like Scott; he was huge and shockingly attractive. He stood with Sofia chatting, though his eyes rarely left Gia.

Scott could barely focus on Sofia, and making conversation was not foremost in his mind. He watched her work. She looked the same in so many ways, but at the same time, she was different, too.

She was thinner than she'd been in high school and her hair was lighter and lacked the curls that had once fit her so well. Her face hadn't changed, though. Her eyes were still the most beautiful green he'd ever seen; her lips were still the color of raspberries and more than a little bee-stung.

Scott watched her move, and he noted that her walk had matured; she carried herself with flawless posture, and her movements, which had once been spontaneous and unrestrained, were more controlled and graceful. Scott remembered how animated Gia used to be when she spoke; she used her hands and body, showing every feeling through her eyes and body. She seemed, as Sofia had said, more reserved, but Scott swore he could see some her natural expressiveness beneath her professional veneer.

Scott continued to watch her and the way people reacted to her presence. As always, she could draw anyone into deep conversation and moved easily from one group of partygoers to another. She still commanded attention, though not in an obnoxious way. Rather, her attention and interest were genuine and she was conscientious of each person around her, including everyone in conversation. Sofia had been right, watching Gia work was quite a thing to behold, and Scott could have stayed there for hours.

After two hours had passed, Gia finally returned to Sofia, Scott and Manuel.

"Well, I am officially tired, and I think that I'm finally off the clock."

"How do you know all of these people?"

"Oh, art's a small world, Scott. I see the same people at all of these events. There aren't that many serious collectors or gallerists in the world, so everyone knows everyone at these things."

"Did you snare any new clients?" Manuel asked.

"Possibly, we'll see. I really have to get here early tomorrow. I'm hoping to find a new artist for the gallery, so I've gotta start getting to know the exhibitors."

"Wait, I thought that you were a consultant. Do you have a gallery, too?" Scott asked.

"I do private consulting, but I also represent a gallery back home."

They both had so much to learn about each other, and they needed time to talk. Gia wanted to stay with Scott, but she was also afraid of the way seeing him made her feel. She felt like she was back in high school; Scott still had the same effect he'd had on her ten years ago. Being near him made her nervous and giddy at the same time, and Gia hadn't felt that way since she was last with him. She was mentally debating whether to ask him to lunch the next day when Sofia spoke.

"Gia, you must be starving. Have you eaten anything since lunch?" Sofia spoke to Gia but looked directly at Scott.

"No, I haven't, actually. I'm pretty hungry, come to think of it. I should get back to my hotel so I can grab a bite and get to bed."

"Wait, Gia, Sofia, Manuel would you like to go somewhere to get dinner?"

"It's getting late for us, Scott. Manuel and I are going to head home, but it was so nice to meet you. Thank you for joining us." Sofia wanted to give them some time alone, and Manuel understood why she declined.

"Thank you so much for the invitation. It was really nice to meet you." Scott shook the De Soto's hands and both he and Gia bid them goodbye.

They stood across from each other, alone for the first time.

"Gia, have dinner with me?" It was more of a statement than a request; Scott couldn't imagine letting her leave.

"I'd love to."

"Should we look for a taxi?"

"No, that's alright, let's walk. The weather here is amazing." Gia walked through the door with Scott into the dense Miami heat.

They walked quietly, neither speaking but instead taking in the lush surroundings and the countless emotions coursing through them. The silence between them was comfortable, and without thinking, Scott wrapped his arm around Gia's waist and pulled her to his side. The walked, arms around each other until they reached a street littered with restaurants.

They found a small, dimly lit bistro a few blocks from Gia's hotel and walked in. Both felt butterflies fluttering in their stomach; ten years and they were finally reunited.

---------------

Sitting in a leather booth against a back wall of the bistro, Scott and Gia found themselves slip into conversation as though no time had passed. They spoke easily and comfortably about their lives and work.

"So, exactly what is an art consultant? How did you get into that?"

"It's kind of a crazy story, actually. I was at Parsons and one of our projects was to design an outfit for ourselves that we would wear to a group of gallery openings. I made this grey dress with an embroidered, netted back that I loved.

So, the final part of the project was to actually wear it. At one of the galleries we visited, this woman came up to me to ask me about my outfit. She loved the dress, so I agreed to make her one.

Once I had the dress put together, I had to actually tailor it to her body, so I would go to her house for fittings. It turned out that she and her husband were avid art collectors.

Around the third fitting, she showed me around and asked me what I thought about their collection. I knew a lot about the art scene just from living in the city and being in school with so many artists, so I suggested that she look into this new artist I had met, because I thought her work would fit into their home really well. She went to the gallery, fell in love with the artist and bought, like, three pieces.

We became friends and I kept up with emerging artists and continued suggesting work for them. Over the next couple of years, they introduced me to other collectors and gallerists, and by the time I finished undergrad, I had over a dozen clients and she had hooked me up with a job at a gallery.

I immediately applied to Columbia for grad school and got my master's in Modern and Contemporary Art History and Theory while I worked. I was only at the gallery part time, but it was insane. I had no free time. When I finished grad school, I had almost fifty clients, so I didn't really need the gallery work, so now I just consult for them, and most of what I do is with individual collectors.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would be doing this. I didn't even know that "this" was something I could do. When I tell people what I do, no one has a clue what "art consultant" means."

Gia took a sip of her water and asked, "Tell me about your job. Do you like being a lawyer?"

"Yeah, I like it enough. It's pretty interesting. I do estate planning for high-wealth clients. I kind of fell into it the way you did. It was the year after I passed the bar, and I was working for a lawyer who was trying to help this wealthy client create a trust for his family that would allow them to keep the majority of his money after he died. I started researching tax and estate law, and we were able to suggest and find a life insurance policy that would cover the cost of the death taxes.

When someone with that kind of money dies, they government taxes are massive, so the family inherits just a small percentage of their fortune. That's where our estate planning and insurance policies come in.

From that first client, we created a new division in our firm. Now, it's the biggest branch in our office and we have thirty-five attorney's working in it. I travel a lot to meet with clients all over the country. I'm kind of like the salesman; I try to convince them to retain our services and they pay us to keep money in their family. That's why I was at Nobu today, I was meeting a guy who owns car dealerships down here and needs a will."

"Wait, you were at Nobu?' Gia was suddenly confused.

"Um, yeah." Scott realized he'd slipped. "I actually saw you with the De Soto's at lunch. I don't want to freak you out, but I heard that you were staying at The Villa and decided to see if I could find you. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you; Sofia was trying to cover for me- I think she likes me and didn't want me to look like a stalker."

"Wow, that's... I'm not freaked out, I think that if I had seen you I probably would have done the same thing. But, you didn't have to lie."

"I'm sorry, I should have spoken up. It was stupid."

"Honestly, I thought there was something fishy about the way the De Soto's invited you to sit with them. They're incredibly nice, but drinking with a random guy seemed like a stretch. It's really not a big deal, though, I have to watch out for Sofia- she's pretty crafty."

Scott laughed, relieved that Gia wasn't angry. He watched her bite her bottom lip while she listened to him talk. She was just as sexy as he remembered, but there was seductiveness in her mannerism that had come with age. Gia was no longer cute; she was a beautiful woman, elegant, poised and utterly enticing. When Gia shifted in the booth, Scott caught a glimpse of her full cleavage and it turned him on immensely. As he felt the blood begin to rush to his crotch, he looked away and tried to concentrate on something less arousing, but everything about her was turning him on. She smelled amazing, like jasmine and citrus and every time she moved he caught her delicious scent and it was driving him crazy.

They had so much to learn about each other, they were talking non-stop. Gia felt a tingle through her body every time Scott smiled. He was devastatingly handsome and that she had his full attention was making her feel ecstatic. Part of her was transported back to high school and she was again that eighteen-year-old girl, drawn to Scott in a way she couldn't describe or even understand.

When Scott removed his suit jacket, Gia suppressed the urge to run her hand down his broad, strong back. She remembered the way his muscles had felt beneath her fingertips when he fucked her... Gia shook her head and tried ignore her desire, but her traitorous body, already flushed with excitement, was making that impossible.

Though they were the last patrons in the restaurant, they decided to share dessert, so Gia slid further into the booth, the side of her body meeting his. Their proximity was making concentration impossible; Scott could feel the warmth coming from her exposed skin and her smell was invading his every sense.

As they talked, Scott noted the sensual way that Gia licked her lips as she listened to him, as though she was preparing to devour him. He remembered how her body had reacted to him ten years earlier, and he knew in his gut that she was still as pulled to him as he was to her. She was the most responsive partner he'd ever had, and he was desperate to see if their chemistry was as explosive as he remembered. Had he built the memory of one night up in his mind, or was she truly the passionate lover? He had to know.

Scott watched Gia bring the gelato to her lips and take the spoon into her mouth. She dove into the dessert with such enthusiasm that the melting dessert had escaped onto her bottom lip. When she ran her tongue across her mouth to clean her lips, Scott barely blinked and decided he had to make his move. She missed a small spot at the corner of her mouth, so he took the opportunity and reached up to run his thumb across her bottom lip.

"Missed a spot." Scott's voice was barely a whisper.

Before he was able to move his finger from her lip, Gia sucked his thumb into her mouth and dragged her tongue across the pad of his digit. Scott's eyes dropped and his breath caught as her eyes met his in the most seductive gaze he'd ever seen. She wanted him too.