Never Can Say Goodbye

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He didn't answer.

"You're happy, now it's my turn for a little happiness," I whispered into his ear. I rubbed his back up and down as I did so many times in the past, knowing that it would comfort him.

We held each other, afraid to let go. I looked up into Caleb's watery hazel eyes and kissed his forehead and cheek in farewell. It seemed like eons, but only a couple of minutes that we stood there in each other's arms.

"I've finally found you," Stacy's voice chimed from the patio doorway.

I wanted to stab her for interrupting our private moment. I reluctantly let go of my dear friend as he stepped back.

"Hey Stacy," Caleb walked back over to the railing.

"Hi, what's wrong?" she asked. She moved over to Caleb and took a possessive hold of his hand. She looked up at him with a quizzical expression and waited for an answer.

"Nothing," I said before Caleb could speak up. "Well, I better get going. Goodbye."

I maneuvered my way past the couple and when I got to the door, I turned and looked at Caleb for one last time, standing next to his fiancé.

"Goodbye," I left the patio and my first love, without turning back.

******

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Please remember to vote and leave a comment or feedback to tell me what you think about my story. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism. I'll ignore negative, hateful and inappropriate comments.

EbonyKitty

12