Never In A Million Years

Story Info
A totally unexpected magical night with an old acquaintance
8.3k words
3.89
25.7k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first adventure at story writing and I am indebted to two Editors, Mariewriter and the second who wishes to remain anonymous but who was so valuable to my effort. Both schooled me on writing and I am certainly better for it. I welcome the reader's comments as they too will serve to guide my future efforts. I hope you enjoy the read.


I still cannot believe what happened to me recently. There really isn't any way to describe it, as it was so completely unexpected and totally out of character for me. But, I can't undo it and to be really honest with myself, I'm not sure I would, even if I could. Though shocking, it was 'magic' on so many levels and my heart is still fluttering with the memory.

I've been happily married to my husband, Ted, for more than 40 years now. Ted and I have raised several children together and at this point we have earned our retirement. We've had a great life - quite exciting at times and have kind of settled into our so-called twilight years. Don't get me wrong, we're both still quite active and we're always being told that we don't look or act the age we actually are. Ted is 62 and I am 60. When you get to be our age, you think you have seen or done it all.

But there was one normal afternoon that turned into an evening I will never forget. Just remembering that crazy night still leaves me breathless and tingling all over

I had an appointment at the local hospital where I used to work as an Emergency Room Nurse. I had spent about 30 years there in the Emergency Department (ER). Over the course of those years I came to know many doctors - male and female - who served their internship or residency there. In fact, we socialized with many of them and still do with a couple.

My husband, Ted, drove me the 10 miles to my appointment at the hospital, complaining the whole way about belly pain. We parked the car in the parking garage across the street. While walking to the hospital Ted had to throw up three times. We both were thinking possibly food poisoning from something he ate the night before. He said he would be all right now that he threw up so we proceeded by elevator for my appointment on the third floor.

I was being prepped for my half hour test by having to change into a hospital gown while Ted waited on the other side of the drawn curtain. The Nurse came and informed me that Ted was doubled over in his chair seemingly in a lot of pain. I told Ted to let the Nurse take him to the ER so they could see what the problem was. I told him that I would meet him there as soon as they finished my test. The Nurse got a wheelchair and saw that he was taken to the Emergency Department.

I finished with my test and went straight to the ER to join Ted. Upon arrival I learned from the Doctor that it was not food poisoning after all but, instead, he had a bowel obstruction and needed emergency surgery! Well this was certainly not expected. They had given Ted various medications that alleviated his pain for the most part. The surgeon informed us that as soon as an Operating room and Staff were available they would take him to surgery.

The ER staff moved Ted to a room in the back where we could wait in private and they could keep a close eye on his monitors. While we waited, I thought about our upcoming anniversary and the great years we had spent together. Ted shifted on the bed. The sheet slipped away, uncovering his leg. I reached over him to replace the sheet. Even seriously ill, Ted's amorous nature took over. He reached up and grabbed my breast with one hand while trying to slip his other between my legs. This is just typical of Ted.

Ted is quite amorous - actually to be honest, he's really oversexed! I mean that in a very positive way, though, as he has kept me laughing over it all of our marriage. To this day he can't keep his hands off of me. I constantly have to be on guard as he is always grabbing at my tits or squeezing my ass cheeks or goosing me. He says my tits drive him crazy and that he can't get enough of them.

I must admit I do have a very nice 'rack' of 36 DD's thanks to a great 'uplifting' job by a skilled surgeon. But, gawd, when will he ever slow down! It seems 24 hours a day he's unloading sexual innuendos on me. I have to constantly be alert for his hands. It is fun though.

In fact, if I would give in, he'd be between my legs every night and surely mornings too! Don't get me wrong, I like the attention and he keeps me laughing, but his behavior is really surprising considering what we have had to deal with these past dozen years or so. You see Ted can't sustain an erection anymore.

It started just before he had his heart surgery. Just one day he showed signs of Peyronie's problem, that is a curvature of the penis caused by scar tissue that interfered with blood flow.

He went to a Urologist who tried various things including a series of 15 shots of a collagen directly into the scar tissue, but it had no effect. Viagra and Cialis helped for a while, but then with the heart and blood pressure meds, erections where all but finished. This was a huge adjustment for us as we had an exceptionally vigorous and active sex life. Lord, could that man get me off in so many ways. And oh those magical fingers of his. Ted knows my body inside and out. It was not unusual for me to have multiple orgasms from all the erotic things he did to me.

Those days are far in the past and I miss making love sometimes for hours. Don't get me wrong, he still pleases me with those fingers and tongue but, I miss that cock filling me and driving me wild. I understand everyone has problems, this is ours, and we just learn to deal with them don't we?

Ted's physical condition did nothing to smoother the flame inside me though. Even without an erection he was still ready to touch me every chance he got even in the hospital.

Ted went through surgery and did well and was placed in a private room. It's funny, but, even in a somewhat still sedated state after recovery he was trying to grab my tit as I leaned down to kiss him. I certainly wasn't surprised by this after all these years. He'll never change and I'm glad. I spent the evening with him until visiting hours were over, and told him I would be back to see him the next morning. A nice kiss and a couple of titty squeezes and I was on my way.

The next day I arranged for my daughter to take our dogs so I could spend the entire day and evening at the hospital with Ted. He was feeling better and complaining about not getting any 'real' food.

They had him on a liquid diet and they needed to make sure his bowel could handle that before putting him on some regular light food. He also wanted to get discharged as soon as possible, since he detested hospitals. The doctor told him that he had to be able to handle the food and also pass gas and have a bowel movement before he could go home which would take about two or three more days. He also needed to be able to sit up in a chair and go for walks to ensure his mobility.

On the second afternoon, we decided to take a longer walk around the halls of the hospital wing. We rounded the corner near a Nurses' Station. Several doctors and nurses were gathered talking about charts. I heard a familiar voice and thought it sounded a lot like Dr. Jefferson from my days as an ER Nurse. He looked up and we made eye contact.

"Sharon, is that really you?"

I was right. Dr. Connor Jefferson, interned at the ER where I had worked many years before. Connor came around and gave me a great big hug and shook Ted's hand. We smiled and talked about how long it had been, what he's been up to and other small talk.

I said, "You're still dressing the same."

He smiled and said, "What can I say."

Connor always was such a nice dresser - not the business suit type, but what has been referred to as 'chic casual' straight out of GQ magazine - plenty of beautiful sweaters, flared linen or silk slacks and fine stylish loafers. Dr. Jefferson was and still is a very handsome black man. He's not the big muscular type, but rather lean or lithe type who was always so pleasant and nice to all the nurses. He has a killer smile and we had some fun times in the ER when he was on duty. He asked what brought us to the hospital, how my husband was doing and if I was back for good. After some small chit chat we continued on our walk. On the way back, Connor waved again and gave that killer smile and said it was so nice to see me again.

I helped Ted get cleaned up and we both read the paper and talked a while until his supper came. He devoured what little there was as we watched TV.

"While you relax I am going to go down to the hospital cafeteria to get something to eat. I'm famished since I haven't eaten since breakfast. I'll be right back up."

"You really don't need to stay with me so late. I'm really tired and this pain medication is making me real sleepy. I know you would like to stay but, you really should just head home after you eat and get some rest yourself. I will be asleep very shortly as it is."

"OK, I'm tired too, so I will head home after getting a bite to eat and I'll see you in the morning. I'll bring the paper for you to read. Anything else you want?"

"No, the paper and also bring my iPad."

I kissed him good night and yes, he got his squeeze in again. He never gives up, does he?

I got on the elevator and headed to the first floor cafeteria. I exited the elevator and immediately ran into Dr. Jefferson again, who was walking the opposite way.

He smiled and said "Sharon, we have to stop meeting like this."

I laughed and replied, "You're right."

"Where are you headed?" he asked.

I replied, "I'm going to the cafeteria to eat, I'm famished."

"Sharon, seriously, you don't want to eat cafeteria food do you? I was just on my way to get something to eat myself, why don't you join me?"

"OK Doctor, where are you eating?".

"I was heading up the street to the Double Tree Hotel. They have a very nice menu. Please, won't you join me and we can catch up on the last 20 years or so?"

He was certainly right about cafeteria food, and it would be nice to catch up on where everybody is and what they all have been up too. "I'd like that Connor, but, I have to get my car out of the hospital garage before they close up."

"OK, I was going to walk the two blocks but I'll ride along with you if you don't mind, besides it is freezing out and I can't handle this cold weather."

We got my car from the parking garage and drove up the street to the Double Tree Hotel and parked in their lot. Connor was right. It was freezing out - about 10 degrees. His light, leather jacket was not enough to protect him against the bitter cold. We walked arm in arm to the side entrance, went in and checked our coats. We went to the dinning room, but found it crowded and noisy. Connor then suggested a change.

"Tell you what, let's eat in the lounge and bar area. It will be smaller and quieter. We still can get many of the same items on the dining room menu. They also have a piano player with some nice background music and a great fireplace hearth."

"Sounds great to me, Connor."

The lounge was a pleasant surprise. It was much quieter with subdued lighting coming mostly from many candles throughout the lounge. The room had a warmth and an intoxicating aroma partly from a crackling fire burning in a beautiful, large open hearth fireplace. There were a number of leather chairs and loveseats arranged facing the fireplace. Add in the mesmerizing piano tunes playing in the background and you have a very romantic setting. We were seated at a table on the far side of the hearth.

"This place is beautiful Connor."

"It certainly beats the hospital cafeteria and I promise the food will be much, much better."

Connor ordered some wine and an assorted cheese platter. We perused the dinner entre menu as the waiter poured our wine. We gave the waiter our dinner order and began our trip down memory lane.

"So, tell about the past 20 years with you and Ted."

"Well, I retired from the hospital to move to Florida with Ted. Ted was offered a very good coaching position at a prestigious high school there and after discussing it we decided he would go there by himself for a year to see how it would work out. I would drive down to visit him once a month for that year and I grew to like the area."

"Once a month? That must have been hard on you both and all that driving."

"Yeah it was, but that's where the opportunity opened up and for a very good salary so we made do for the year. I continued to work here at the hospital during that time."

"Ted injured his back pretty bad at work one day and since it was associated with his work he had to go to the worker's comp doctors. They put him through all kinds of treatments but nothing was working except a couple of epidural blocks to relieve his pain. He was advised he needed surgery. Since he didn't know any doctors down there and he didn't want any workers comp doctors handling this, it was decided that he would resign and come back to Pennsylvania to get a second opinion. He had to have the surgery and has done well with it. However, about a year and a half after this he underwent bypass surgery for a blockage they found on a routine exam."

"WOW! You've had a lot going on. So, how did you end up moving to Florida then?"

"Well, it's a long story, but we were supposed to be retiring to North Carolina and even bought a lot there to build on, but changes in the tax laws became so bad in NC that we sold the lot and decided to give Florida a try. We lasted 10 years there, but the heat these past couple of years just became unbearable. Plus, we now have grandkids here in Pennsylvania in the picture so we decided to move back this past year. How about you? What have you been up to?"

We each had two glasses of wine and sampled the various chesses as Connor brought me up to speed on his life and other acquaintances. He served his residency at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and after several years there he returned to Pennsylvania.

"You never married?"

"I never could find that right person - someone like you."

"Connor, you are such a BS'er. I saw the nurses drooling over you and even some of the female interns and doctors. You could have had your pick. Everyone thought you were so handsome."

"Well, I had high standards - they had to measure up to you, Sharon."

"Ha, Ha. I know you are just kidding with me, so tell me what have you really been doing?"

Our food came and we had a nice meal and continued to get reacquainted with the past. Connor told me about his travels and about a girl that he came close to marrying, but couldn't go through with it.

"I just felt that you had to be willing to commit 100% to each other - not 60 or 70% in every way. I knew in my heart I just couldn't do that right then. You know just how difficult that is in our profession and why the divorce rate is so high. She was a wonderful girl from a fine family and we complemented each other in most ways and were VERY sexually compatible, but I just couldn't make that 100% commitment. I really don't know that I ever will with anyone. It wasn't that I wanted to play the field because I'm really a one- woman man at heart. I always have been."

Connor suggested we move to the chairs in front of the fire hearth for an after dinner drink. We ordered martinis. He ordered a 2 olive straight martini while I ordered my favorite, Chocolate. Connor said this bartender was the best when it came to martinis and he was right. It was a perfect blend of the chocolate and vodka with frozen chocolate syrup rimming the glass, just delicious. We continued our stroll down memory lane. He asked if I had to hurry back to the hospital or could I stay and chat a while. I told him I wasn't going back to the hospital but heading home after eating so, I could stay for a bit longer. The lounge had a roaring fire going in the fireplace and with the soft piano music and wonderful chocolate martini, I was really enjoying the moment. It was so relaxing - comfortable. Connor ordered another martini for us and we continued to chat. He had me laughing about different things we remembered about our ER days.

"You know Sharon, in all seriousness now, I really had a crush on you. I mean a huge crush on you."

"Come on Connor, you can't be serious. I mean I have to be 20 years older than you and like I said before, you had your pick of some really great looking, and eager, I might add, nurses and other ladies."

"That may be true, but I am dead serious. If you hadn't been married to a state cop, I would have put a big move on you."

"Ha, Ha. I can't believe you. I know I'm blushing and you are flattering me, but why me?"

Connor replied, "You were pure class to me. You were a no nonsense, confident woman and you were so HOT. You wouldn't believe the fantasies I had about you. I wanted you so bad. But, I didn't have the nerve then to show it."

"Oh, my gawd! Connor are you serious? I don't know what to say. I certainly am flattered to say the least, even though that was so long ago."

"Well, if I may, you still appear to be that same confident beautiful woman and, yes, you are still HOT."

"Now you have me blushing and I don't know what to say. You are the HOT one. You always have been and you know something, when I saw you there earlier today, you haven't changed at all. You're still very handsome and charming, I might add."

Talk about awkward. Where does such a conversation go from here?

I smiled and asked, "Just curious, Connor, what were those fantasies you had? Wait, maybe I shouldn't know."

"Well, I won't go into all the details as I'm sure you can imagine what they were. But, I was so envious of Ted, knowing that he was holding you in his arms and lying next to you every night and imagining what he was doing - devouring your body, caressing your breasts and your nipples, kissing every part of your body."

"OK - OK, you can stop now Connor". I said. "I get the picture. Whew! I know I'm blushing terribly now. I had no idea. Are you really serious or just trying to make me blush?"

Just hearing him say these things had my entire body tingling. I couldn't help but start to flashes of him doing some of those things to me.

"I still envy Ted being able to do all that with you - to be making love with you every night." Connor noticed that the smile had disappeared from my face and was replaced with a bit of a stare off into the fire. He asked, "I'm sorry, did I say something I shouldn't have?"

"No, it's just, it's just, never mind it's OK."

"No, really, Sharon what's wrong? I apologize if it was something I said?"

"No, nothing you said. Well, you see, Ted and I don't make love every night anymore. It's a medical thing that developed about 12 yrs. ago."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Sharon. Do you want to talk about it? You said it's a medical thing?"

"Yes, he developed scar tissue in his penis which brought on erectile dysfunction as the scar tissue prevented blood flow and so forth."

"What about treatments? There are a number of things that could possibly help, you know."

"Yes, I know and we tried them all but nothing worked and, well, we just had to adjust our lifestyle as far as the bedroom is concerned."

"I'm so sorry Sharon, it must have been very difficult for you both."

"It was, because we had a very active sex life and then suddenly down to - I can't believe I'm telling you all this. It was an adjustment and we all have to make them everyday in life, don't we? Please, let's just change the subject."

Connor was about to order another martini for us, but I had to beg off. "After all the wine and two strong martinis, I can't handle another, Connor. I am feeling woozy enough right now and another one will cause you to have to carry me out of here. Besides, I still have to drive home."