New Kingdom: American Court Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

"What is this?"

"A gift from Edward. Romantic, huh?"

"Does he know that you prefer TV or books on CD?"

"Apparently not. So I brought the mother in here for you."

"Regifting?"

"No. I wanted you to read and give me a nice little edited version. Know what I mean?"

"Vampire History for Dummies?"

"I was thinking more a Cliff's Notes' version."

Smiling at her sister's comment, she was relieved to see same person she had always known but now with fangs. The thought sobered Alena for barely a moment until she quickly reminded herself that Gabriel would solve the problem. Opening the book to the first page, she noticed that the print seemed to be handwritten.

"I did read the beginning," Iona explained. "Good stuff. You know there're seven original vamps?"

"Yeah."

"Well each of them represents a gemstone. Can you guess what your boy is?"

"My boy?" Alena asked with a pointed look.

"Sorry," Iona apologized. "Which gemstone do you think Gabriel represents?"

"He's definitely a diamond."

Staring at her older sister, Iona noted the respect Alena not only had for Gabriel but also demanded from other when referring to him. She realized that she could learn from her sister's example in her relationship with Edward. Maybe her demonstration of love and respect would be the support he needed.

"You're right of course," Iona said. "You really love him, don't you?"

"The word 'love' seems weak compared to my feelings for him. I honestly believe that I would die if I ever lost him. I was prepared to have eternity with him but now..."

Knowing her sister well enough to not offer false promises, Iona waited for Alena to speak again.

"So, which gemstone does Edward represent? A sapphire?"

"Why do you even ask if you know the answer?"

"The blue eyes gave it away. Ok, so where did you stop reading? Page two?"

"Funny. What makes Gabriel a diamond? Is he hard all of the time? And I quit reading at page eighteen for your information. The first few pages have the origin and mission. The majority of the book describes each region of the New Kingdom but page eighteen has the prophecy."

"The prophecy?"

"Yeah. Edward thinks the rebellion is explained in the prophecy."

"What does it say?"

"No one knows."

"That makes sense."

"It says some cryptic crap about destruction but no one can understand how the cause of the rebellion can defeat the rebellion," Iona explained. "Turn to page eighteen and read it yourself."

Shaking her head in confusion, Alena flipped the pages until she found a passage set apart from the remaining manuscripts with indentions. Reading the section silently, she exhaled and read again. With a frustrated sigh, she shook her head again at the confusing words.

"Who wrote this?"

"My guess is Dr. Seuss," Iona quickly replied. "Read it out loud."

"And this third creation shall have the power of the first and the will of the second. They shall be served by these who were but favored no more. And their numbers shall increase by the taking and giving of the blood of life. By the seven will this New Kingdom be. Woe to them that take the life blood whereby he that is would be no more. If he that has been added takes the life blood of one until he is no more, he shall be cursed. But if any son, of the seven sons, take the life blood of one that is until he is no more, then shall he bring the curse to him and his brothers and the kingdom will be no more. And if a son, of the seven sons, is no more, the kingdom will be no more. Alas, this third creation will see the two that are but should not have been who will be to destroy all. And this abomination must be saved by her blood which shall be in the increase. And the New Kingdom shall remain."

The women sat silently staring at each other waiting for the other to speak. When neither made a sound, they both smiled and started giggling until they both erupted into laughter. As they sat together with tears running down their faces, they suddenly realized that were no longer alone.

"Apparently our women find our history hysterically funny," Edward commented to Gabriel.

"Not the history, Love," Iona corrected. "It's the prophecy that makes us crave green eggs and ham."

At the men's confused expressions, the sisters erupted into another round of laughter.

"I'm sorry Gabe," Alena said trying to sober. "I think I'm just tired and it's so good to be with my real sister again."

"So you approve of her," he said barely glancing at Iona.

"Oh yeah," Alena answered. "Love her or hate her, this is my sister."

When Gabriel's cell phone rang, he looked at the caller ID and quickly answered. After initial introductions, he told the caller to wait so he could place the call on speaker.

"This is Phillip calling from the hospital. He is leading the vampire security team that we added," he explained to the people in the room. "Phillip, tell us what you've found."

"Children," the voice said from the phone.

"Three days of investigating and they found children at a children's hospital?" Edward asked with sarcasm. "Great work."

"Not exactly sir," the voice responded. "We found a hidden area that appears to be an older part of the building that had once been sealed off.

"That would be the original building. The addition was built around the old hospital but after construction it was discovered to be contaminated with asbestos or something toxic," Alena explained.

"Well the seal has been breached and this place has been used as a lab or something," explained Phillip.

"Phillip," Gabriel said, "tell us exactly what you found."

"At first we thought it was just a research lab but apparently several experiment have been preformed. We found vials marked with some names of the third creation. Medical records support that the blood from the vials had been used to combine the DNA from the brothers to create .... something."

"Is there a vial with my name on it?" Edward asked.

"Yes sir," Phillip answered. "There are vials marked with all of brothers except Gabriel. We have found evidence that someone failed in this experiment several times. Decomposing remains of various stages are preserved throughout the room."

"So they abandoned the experiment?" Edward asked.

"I don't think so, sir."

"Explain," ordered Gabriel.

"We found two ... children."

"Alive?"

"They are connected to a life support system and each has a heartbeat but I would not use the word 'alive' to describe these pathetic creatures."

"Good work," Gabriel commended. "Secure the area. I'm sending reinforcements and I will be there within the hour." After disconnecting the call, Gabriel ran his hands over his face and back through his hair.

"Edward," he said, "This could be the source of the infected blood. And if these children have been created from you and our brothers, we are forbidden to destroy them."

"Understood," Edward replied. "Let's go see these abominations."

Hearing Edward's last word, the two women looked at each other, then at the book still resting on Alena's lap. With a quick nod in agreement, they raced after the men leaving the apartment.

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers