New Kingdom: American Court Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

"Gabriel!"

"Baby, I'm here," his familiar voice said holding her in the dark. "Wake up. You're having a nightmare."

Realizing that the steel bands were his arms, she saw that her prison was actually her haven. Collapsing on his chest, she tried to catch her breath but held tight to him. He stroked his fingers through her hair, down her back, and over her bottom. Cupping her soft flesh he pulled her closer to him until she was settled in the grove of his body. After she had calmed, she noticed that her bare skin was touching his.

"Uh, Gabe, I was wearing a gown. Now it's gone."

"I took it off when I came to bed," he responded with a sleep roughened voice. "I needed to feel your body."

"What if you'd left before I woke up and the housekeepers had come in?"

"If I had left before you woke up, then I would have told the housekeepers to delay cleaning the room," he answered with a playful pinch to her bottom. "Maybe you should leave a robe at the foot of the bed if you are concerned with modesty."

"Deal," she said lightly running her fingers across his chest.

"Are you going to tell me about the nightmare?"

"It was stupid. I was walking through the mansion, opening doors, and saw different things. I really need to explain to Iona that she needs to protect her mind when she's with Edward."

Chuckling, Gabriel grabbed her hand and kissed her fingers. In a swift move, he reversed their positions until she was on her back and he was leaning over her.

"You were screaming in fear. Does Edward look that bad naked? Never mind, I don't want to hear that answer. This reminds me, the gift that you share with your sister, showing and seeing, might be valuable. I think you two should practice and develop it."

"Yeah, we could be each other's GPS units," Alena responded quietly.

"Tell me what scared you."

"Gabriel, when you were interrogating my sister, I saw something or I mean she saw something and showed it to me. It was the thing that hurt her, throwing her around and breaking her fingers."

"What was it?"

"I don't know but if I had to guess, I would call it a demon. Do they exist?"

"Yes, almost since the beginning of time."

"Then she wasn't hallucinating. God, it's a wonder she hasn't lost her mind if this is what she dreams."

"Describe it to me."

Taking a deep breath, Alena braced herself to remember the horrible creature. Reaching for Gabriel in the dark, she suddenly felt strong enough to see the beast.

"Are you doing that?" she asked. "Making me calm?"

"I'm just sharing my strength," he answered cuddling her close to his body.

"Thanks. It was huge. Tall. And red."

"Red skin?"

"No, more like he had no skin, like his skin had been peeled off."

"Go ahead."

"He had wings. They were the same color. And huge fangs. Not like yours, longer, and more of them, a mouthful of them. And yellow eyes."

"What else did you see?" Gabriel asked when she fell silent.

"Me. He had killed me drinking my blood."

Gabriel's hands paused in their motions over Alena's body. With a growl, he sat up in the bed and, with a quick glance at the bedside lamp, illuminated the bedroom. He stood by the bed, looked at her, and then started pacing in the room.

"It seemed so real. First there was Edward and Iona, then Cassian..."

"Cassian?" he stopped walking. "Tell me exactly what you saw."

"He was talking to some woman. I've never seen her before but Cassian was arguing with her. No, it was more like complaining or griping, maybe. He was in a panic."

"Would you recognize the woman if you saw her again?"

"Yes. And then there were the children."

Walking closer to her, Gabriel stopped beside the bed. He seemed so comfortable with his nudity while Alena had struggled with the sheet to cover her breasts. Of course, it was a waste for his body to be hidden. When her gaze met his, she saw his arrogant smirk and realized that, if he had not been able to read her mind, he would have still interpreted her bold gaze correctly.

"Can't blame a girl for having good taste."

"Tell me about the children and then I'll see how good you taste."

"It was a boy and a girl. Young, maybe three or four years old. The floor was covered with toys and they were sitting there playing and having fun. It was sweet."

"Tell me order that you saw everything," Gabriel requested climbing back into bed.

"Edward and Iona, then Cassian, the children, and that thing."

As Gabriel sat in silence, Alena crawled onto his lap and watched his eyes staring into the distance. When he finally blinked and focused on her, she smiled and leaned close for a quick kiss to his lips.

"You were talking to someone."

"Security, we need to watch for anything odd, even if it seems unrelated."

"How do you know that the, uh, connection is closed when we ... you know."

"Four thousand years of practice," he said placing her back on the bed and pulling the sheet away from her body. "Now, about seeing how good you taste."

"I said that I have good taste," she corrected and then giggled when he nipped at her neck and then ran his tongue down her body stopping at the curve of her hip.

"Baby," he said moving between her legs, "you have a great taste."

When Alena woke again, she stretched in the bed finding it empty. Reminding herself about the recent discoveries, she was glad that Gabriel had set aside a few hours to spend in bed with her. Of course, her nightmare had interrupted his rest and her libido had prevented him from returning to sleep.

With a smile, she sat up in and slowly slid out of bed. Feeling the effects of Gabriel's lovemaking, she decided to soak in a warm bath before finding him. The man was a machine with an unlimited knowledge of positions, sensitive spots, and the secrets on extending the experience. She was certain that her human frailty restricted him from full release of his inhibitions. After all, he was a four thousand year old vampire. But still, she had held up pretty good last night, giving as good as she was receiving.

"Oh yeah," she said aloud slowly walking to the bathroom. "He didn't get any sleep."

After a long soak, she felt better having the warm water ease her tense and sore muscles. Looking in the closet, she noted that Gabriel was true to his word. A full wardrobe was hanging in the closet for her, taking more than half of the space he had formerly used. Touching the expensive material, she decided that there were worst things than being spoiled by the man who held your heart. Selecting a simple black skirt and red sweater, she quickly dressed and styled her hair.

When she entered the living room, she saw Iona sitting on the couch with the TV remote in her hand, rapidly changing the stations.

"I've been waiting out here for an eternity," the younger sister playfully whined.

"Did you even knock?"

"I'm a queen."

"What you are is rude and it's pissing off Gabriel."

"Funny," Iona said turning off the TV and looking at her sister. "He didn't look pissed off when I saw him. He actually had an arrogant smiling thing happening, like a lion when he just brought home some fresh meat to feed the rest of the flock."

"Pride."

"Pride. Arrogance. What the hell's the difference? He looked smug."

"No," Alena corrected. "A lion feeds his pride. A group of lions is a pride, not a flock."

"Do you really get off on correcting me or are you just trying to avoid discussing the fuck fest that went on in here earlier?"

"Shut up," Alena said blushing and turning away from her sister's gaze. "I'm getting some breakfast."

"Alena, you do know that vampires hear very well, right?" At her sister's panic stare, she continued, "The moans, screams, begging for more, harder, rougher and even the occasional 'F' word is heard by everybody in this house."

"Oh God," Alena moaned, sitting at the kitchen table. "Is that true?"

"No, but your reaction is definitely a confession. You've said 'fuck'?"

"Damn it! Why do you do that?"

"I'm just playing with you. You've always been so perfect and holy that it's kind of cool to see that you're finally human."

"Yeah, I become human when everyone else is advancing to vampire."

"You will. Even Edward says so. He's starting to believe that everything is connected somehow. You're the first to not change. Usually, if the council approves, then it's a done deal."

Looking at her younger sister, Alena smiled at the confidence radiating in the girl. "Thank you. You seem to be adjusting so well this time. You're more mature, talking to Edward and representing his kingdom...I'm really proud of you."

"Well I'm proud of you too Alena. Fucking a big boy like Gabe and still able to walk the next day. That can't be easy for a little shrew like you," she replied shrieking when the empty glass sitting on the table was suddenly flying by her head.

"I'm taking back that part about you being more mature."

"Look who's talking? You threw the glass," she said looking at the shards lying on the floor. "If that was his favorite, we may have to surgically insert a straw into your neck until a new one arrives."

"He must have been in a hurry to leave today. I've never seen a bloody glass left on the table," Alena commented trying to pick up the larger pieces of glass. "Do you know what's going on?"

"A little. Apparently, two children were brought here yesterday and were tested to see who's the daddy."

"Tested?"

"Not anything cruel or abusive. Maybe a blood sample was tested. But anyway, none of my DNA was found in the kids, so Edward isn't angry with me anymore."

"Why was he angry with you?"

"You ever known a man to find out he's a new daddy that didn't get pissed at the mamma?"

"I'm not sure I understood anything you just said."

"It seems his DNA was picked up and shared from some hooker he knew before me."

"Edward used hookers?!"

"It's slang Alena. Jeez, you're so literal."

"I hope you can forgive the transgression. So who is she?"

"Don't know. Don't care. The important part is that somehow, someone got a DNA sample from six of the seven brothers. The guys are trying to find out how that happened and how Gabriel was missed."

"You really saw Gabe today?"

"Yeah and that reminds me of something. He said that you and I share a gift of show and tell or something like that. He suggested that we work on it and join the circus."

Laughing at her sister's addition to Gabriel's suggestion, Alena finished picking up the broken glass and started preparing a meal. At first look through the fridge, she decided on a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast and grapefruit. Collecting the ingredients, she began the preparation and cooking while wondering how to explain the discovery of their shared gift to her sister.

"Did Gabe explain why he thought we had the gift?"

"Apparently you saw some horrific monster during my exorcism."

"Chicken."

"Excuse me?"

"I was talking to Gabriel."

"Oh. Why? What else have you seen?" Seeing the blush on her older sister's face, Iona's eyes widened at sudden understanding. "You saw me with Edward? And you told Gabriel?"

"No! Oh no!" Alena clarified. "Unfortunately he has a clear reception into my head so whatever I see, he sees."

"Well that explains some things. Edward said we have to be fully clothed when I even mention your name."

"Thanks, I appreciate it," Alena said as she continued making her meal.

"So," Iona quietly said, "It's another gift that didn't help us while we were being held in prison."

"What?"

"Edward and Gabriel can telepathically communicate but yet, Gabriel couldn't hear him and find us. Apparently you can see whatever I see but you couldn't see where I was being held."

"I tried to find you. I promise I did."

"What am I thinking about right now?"

"How would I know?"

"Then how does this work?"

"I've seen whatever you are seeing, like Edward or the thing that hurt you."

"So I have to be turned on or scared to death?"

"Maybe you just have to be passionate."

"Hmmmm. Ok, do you have a cell phone?"

"Yes. It's on the table by the door. Gabe wants me to have it...," she paused when Iona quickly walked out of the room and returned with the phone in hand obviously scrolling and then entering data.

"I'm going to walk around and find something, anything that might strike a mood. If you see something, call me. I put my name in your favs," she explained walking out of the apartment.

Sitting at the table to eat, Alena suddenly felt very lonely. She had seen Gabriel grimace at the sight of her human food and knew that he preferred to not share meals with her. As irritating as her sister could be, the girl was always full of energy and enjoying life. Hoping that Iona would send a mental message to her soon, Alena quickly ate her food and washed the various dishes that she had used.

When she returned the eggs to the refrigerator, she stood looking at the bottles neatly tucked away in the back. The red liquid looked so enticing that Alena quickly glanced around the room and reached for the bottle. With unexplained curiosity, she opened it but held it away from her face. Slowly bringing it close to her nose, she inhaled trying to determine the scent of the liquid everyone she loved needed to survive. Feeling foolish, she resealed the bottle and returned it to the fridge.

Turning around, her eyes widened when the scene before her was no longer in the kitchen where she knew she was standing. Instead, she was now in the doorway of a large hospital room shining bright with white walls and florescent lighting. She could see Gabriel standing in the room with his back was to her. As much as she wanted to speak to him or reach out to him, her gaze kept shifting between two small clear chambers that resembled neonatal incubators. Walking closer to the units, Alena tried to look at Gabriel but could only see him through her peripheral vision and noticed that he was looking to the unit on the right.

Alena focused on the sight and noticed, inside each incubator, a small body was resting. The tiny figure was blinded by the tape across its eyes and connected to plastic tubes pumping a red liquid in and out of its body. Looking at the bed that held Gabriel's attention, Alena noticed that the baby was female. Returning her gaze to the first bed, she confirmed that child was male.

A wave of fear passed through Alena as her sight started shifting between the two children. Two children. Two babies. Two very little, human looking babies. They were not monsters or lab freaks but just a baby girl and a baby boy. And they were being treated like farm animals producing food for the monsters.

"Oh God, Gabriel, no!" Alena screamed.

Gabriel's head snapped around, staring at her as though he had just noticed her in the same room. Looking around, he searched the area for something or someone.

"Please don't do this to them," Alena cried falling to her knees.

"Alena?" he said looking around the room again and then back to her. "Where is your sister?"

As Alena tried to answer his question, she heard words coming from her but not the words she wanted to say.

"She's in your room. What's wrong? I can call her."

Reminded of the phone, Alena's sight returned to the kitchen. She grabbed the phone from the table and sat in the floor trying to find her fav list with shaking fingers. Finally finding her sister's name, she pushed the connect button and waited for the familiar voice.

"Hey girl. Are you seeing this?"

"Yes. Oh God, what are we doing to them?"

"Alena, I think we're trying to help them. FYI, Gabriel must have heard you so he's freaking out and on his way up."

Instantly, Alena felt her body being lifted off the floor. The familiar scent and feel of Gabriel was overwhelming her shocked senses. Sitting at the table, he took the phone from her hands and held her close.

"I have her now. She's ok," he said into the receiver and snapped it shut not waiting for a reply. "Alena, what happened?"

"I saw them," she said in a trembling voice. "And I saw you too but you wouldn't look at me or talk to me."

"You were not in the same room with me," he explained. "Your sister was. Were you seeing what she showed you?"

Nodding in answer to his question, Alena took a deep breath and tried to stop shaking. Before she could explain, Iona walked into the room with a broad smile on her face.

"Can you believe it? It worked!" she said excitedly. "I walked down the hall, stopped and stared at the damn art but nothing happened. I felt you the minute I walked in that room so I knew we connected."

Staring at her sister in horror, Alena pulled away from Gabriel and stood up. She looked at the two in confusion. How could they be so calm while this cruelty was continuing? Didn't they know babies needed to be held, fed and loved? Who and where was the mother?

"Alena," Gabriel started softly. "They are receiving the best medical care possible. We can find no reference to any mother in their medical records. It appears as though they were lab created from my brothers' DNA."

"No, I saw them. They were normal little babies and not some blood drinking monsters."

Gabriel's face paled at her statement. He stepped away from her almost falling over a chair as his balance failed him. With a final look at Alena, he walked out of the kitchen.

"You called us monsters," Iona said quietly.

"What? No. I meant.... Oh God, I don't know what I meant," she said and then the horror of her words to Gabriel hit her full force. "Oh no, where's Gabe?"

The women left the kitchen walking through the apartment until they found Gabriel standing by the bar pouring an amber colored liquid into a glass. When he turned and looked at her, his eyes were black and guarded. His jaw clenched as he studied her face.

"I'll see you later," Iona whispered and silently left the apartment.

"Gabe, I didn't mean it that way and you know that I didn't. "

"Yeah, well, maybe you should. It's my kind that created them. And it's my kind that has kept them like this. And to tell the truth, I have no idea how I can fix any of it."

Walking to him, Alena waiting until he opened his arms allowing her into his embrace. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held him close to her trying to physical communicate her love for him. With a kiss to the top of her head, he lifted her into his arms and sat on the sofa with her in his lap.

"I know you love me. But I don't feel very worthy of your love," he said and then paused deep in thought. "Alena, I was never a child. I was made at this age, never being younger and never getting older. I know that children are supposed to be loved, play, and enjoy life, and while I may not understand it all, I know that they are being denied a proper life."

"Have you found anything in the research that explains them?"

"At some point, all of my brothers have unconsciously donated a sample, blood or semen, which has been used to breakdown the DNA and create a combined sample of six of the strongest beings in existence. This new DNA created these children who, through a sophisticated dialysis system, are fed r donated blood which is changed to a more powerful substance after circulating through their bodies."

"Like a processing plant?"

"Yes to put it bluntly."

"Why can't you just stop the dialysis?"

"And do what? The fact that they need the blood supply proves that they are not perfect creatures that can sustain themselves," he explained and then seeing the confusion on her face, he continued. "They are not able to produce blood for themselves."

"So what can we do?"

"They are too young to feed. The blood they produce is so powerful that it drives a normal vampire insane. It's a wonder your sister survived the contamination."

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers