New Kingdom: Australian Court Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

Abigail snapped when the door was shut closed. She clinched her fist and stood glaring at the spot Alex had just vacated. "No one important" he had said. "An unwelcomed guest" he had declared her to that woman. Without realizing that she was moving, she began pacing back and forth repeating his final words. Moving to her bedroom, she flopped back onto the bed and clawed at the covering.

When she lifted her hands, she was shocked to find strips of cloth in her clutches. She realized that she had shredded the silk covering on her bed. Covering her face with a pillow, she cried until her sobs rocked her to sleep.

***

"Alex, why are you so quiet? Is it the girl?"

"What?" he asked snapping out of his reverie. "Oh, her."

"Yes, darling. Her," the beautiful woman said moving to sit beside him. "The one who is no one important but has occupied your attention since you got home."

"It's ridiculous," he said with a smile. "So how have you been since I left? Anything new?"

"No. Absolutely nothing. I'm so sick of this war. It's the only thing Conlaoch talks about," she complained. "But he did tell me that you had a chance to see our new home. Tell me all about it."

"Uh," he started. "It's a house. A big house."

"Really Alex, is that all you can tell me?"

"Yeah, sorry Mum. It looked fancy."

"Hmm," she responded. "So I was right. She is someone important. So tell me about her."

***

Joshua followed the path surrounding the castle. He glanced at the setting sun just as she stepped into his line of vision. Hurrying his pace he held out his arms to capture her into his embrace.

"Tell me if I squeeze to tight," he moaned against her hair.

"Never," she giggled against his chest. "I can't believe you were able to get away."

"I didn't exactly break out. Dad just felt sorry for me. But I should tell you, we are probably being watched," he looked around with exaggeration but stopped when he spotted one person standing alone on her balcony.

"Hey, Nola, let's walk to the gardens. We'll have more privacy," he added looking back at the retreating figure.

***

Abigail shrugged into the shadows of her room. Joshua was still angry with her. Although her parents had tried to speak with her, she had refused to leave her room. Her meal remained untouched on the tray outside of her door. She was hurting from the results of her actions that had injured others.

"At least Josh is happy," she mumbled sitting on the floor.

The approaching twilight cast shadows against the far wall. Abigail watched them dance eerily and then disappear as the room was thrown into sudden darkness. Looking for the source of the eclipse, she turned towards the window and screamed.

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers