New Kingdom: Australian Court Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

Edward looked in the direction where his brother pointed and groaned. "What the hell? Doesn't anybody follow orders?"

"Don't be too critical, Edward," Tec said. "He took out as many as you did. Besides, it's not your kingdom anymore."

"Doesn't mean I want everything there to collapse," Edward mumbled. "Hey," he called to the newcomer, "welcome to the party. When did you arrive?"

"Just now," the man answered standing to his feet. "And what a greeting I received."

"Thanks for your help. How is everything in the States?"

"Good. Regaining our strength. Better than what I found here."

"Only because you didn't contain it in the States," Conlaoch snapped. "Who the hell is this anyway?"

"Forgive me, sire, for intruding unannounced."

"No apology necessary. Brothers," Edward announced, "meet a member of my Council and my first changeling. Thank you for coming to our aid, Matthias."

***

Alena recoiled when she saw the pain in her son's face. Simply offering her condolences was not an option. Helplessly she watched as he turned back to his mate gently touching the broken body where the little heartbeat no longer existed. He choked on a sob and collapse next to dying girl in the bed.

Stepping away from the door, Alena leaned against the wall and wept silently with her son. If she could give her life to end his sorrow, she would do it without a second thought. And then she thought of her mate. How would he continue without her? Anger ignited within her as she struggled to understand the reason for all of this pain. Her life had been filled with suffering and then she had managed to share that pain with her mate who now carried the burden of guilt for her loss.

And suddenly she understood.

Wiping her eyes she moved to the door and braced herself for possibly the most difficult task she had as a mother. Because they had never been human, the brothers would not be able to help. Because they had quickly surrendered their humanity, the mates would not remember how to help. She alone had unknowingly refused to relinquish her last clutch of those moments in her human life. Her parents' fatal car accident, her brother's debilitating illness and her sister's wild life that led to her human demise all flashed before her. Taking a deep breath, Alena stepped into the room.

"Joshua, let it go. Now. She will not survive if you hold onto the pain."

"What? No. Mom, you don't understand," he said between sobs.

"I do. You know that I do. Your father told you and you know how my pain hurts him. It hurts Gabriel Philandros! Can you imagine what it's doing to her?"

"No. She never knew."

"And she never will," his mother answered moving closer to him. "Nor would she understand but her life is merging with yours and she's not strong enough to bear this pain. It's your pain, Josh, not hers. Don't do this to her."

"I can't!" he said jumping to his feet. "How can I just ignore it? It was part of my life living inside of her. And now it's dead. It's dead because I couldn't protect her."

Alena grabbed her son stopping him mid-pace, "No. Listen to me. The child died because of an evil that has attacked our world. It defeated us tonight but it will defeat us eternally if you allow it. You cannot survive without her. She cannot survive the pain she feels from you."

"What do I do?"

"You have grieved. Now accept eternity with her. Sit beside her and help her through the change."

Moving to Nola's side, Joshua gently lifted the girl's small hand to his lips and kissed the soft skin. Leaning forward he placed a kiss on the hollow stomach and then lifted the girl into his arms. Cradling her against his chest, he kissed her face as he murmured words of comfort to her.

When her heart stopped, he looked at his mother who simply smiled in assurance. Within seconds the room was filled with the sound of a racing rhythm that matched his own.

Alena quietly moved from the room smiling as she heard her son talk to his mate, "Well, Nola, it seems you got your way after all. Apparently, you're a sneaky little girl so I guess I'll just need to keep an eye on you for the next several thousand years."

Moving to the bedroom next door, Alena looked at the destruction that had taken place. As she turned to leave, strong arms grabbed her from behind her back. Too startled to scream, she turned towards a face that she did not recognize.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Alena," Matthias whispered in her ear. "This was almost too easy." They both turned their heads at the sound of the door slamming in the next room. "Ah, it's time to leave, my dear."

Alena was held tightly as her captor leaped through the broken window to the ground below. Several hideous creatures fell from the sky and grabbed her arms. As she was pull up from the ground, she watched as Gabriel attempting to pursue her abductors but quickly disappeared into the fading distance of the night.

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers