New Kingdom: Australian Court Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

"Yeah. Edward is waiting for a signal to move out."

"Ok, we'll move close to them."

"Wait," she said grabbing his arm. "We should wait here. My father thinks I may be in danger so he wants me to stay hidden and have you close to guard me."

"Who will try to hurt you?"

"The brother I came here to save," she said shaking her head. "How's that for a smack in the face?"

"Baby, I'm not letting anybody touch your face," he said gently tracing her jaw. "Is there something I need to know?"

"Yes but could we wait to discuss it?"

"What, you don't find this musty, underground tunnel to be romantically cozy?"

"The answer was in the question but no, I'd like to be above ground."

"I think I know just the place," he whispered nuzzling against her neck. "A nice big house with some privacy to spare."

"And a big yard that would be perfect for kids?"

"Damn Abs. How many times do I need to apologize?"

"None," she answered with a nervous laugh.

Leaning back, Alex strained to see the outline of her face so he was unable to read her expression. His suspicions were beginning to form when the hairs on his neck prickled.

"Ah damn," he whispered tightening the hold of his blade. "Where the hell is Edward?"

"Gone," replied the voice next to the two lovers.

Taken by surprise, Alex lost the grip on his blade as he was forcefully thrown across the tunnel. He leaped to his feet, cursing himself, and stopped at the scene before him. A vampire, who appeared too dignified for this environment, was holding Abigail as a shield. Paralyzed for a second, Alex prayed for miracle.

"Oh Abigail, please don't do anything stupid, girl. Please be careful." He stopped when she nodded.

"What the hell was that?" the man asked. "Are you communicating with a human? Nice trick but a gross waste of talent. But don't worry love. You'll soon learn some new tricks."

"Let her go, Matthias," Edward ordered in the darkness. "Now."

"Ah, master, you remember me," the man responded in exaggerated meekness. "I thought you had forgotten your loyal servant."

"I gave you life."

"You gave me eternal slavery," Matthias snapped. "Serving the American kingdom every day for a million years is hardly rewarding."

"You were a Councilor. Do you know how many desired that position of authority?"

"Authority?" Matthias asked swinging Abigail around so he could face his sire. "We were your pawns. Whenever you left, that bastard Philandros was appointed your sub."

"He's a brother of the Third Creation. He covered for each brother," Edward explained keeping his eyes focused on his changeling and away from the human crawling across the floor.

"Yes? Then why was that military goon put in charge when you left this last time?"

"We are in a war! We needed a warrior to continue fighting the rebellion. You were part of the judicial division in that."

"Too little too late," Matthias whispered. "The plan was already in action," he added pulling Abigail hard against his body.

"Don't hurt her."

"Oh, I will hurt her but I promise to not damage hurt," he said emphasizing his words by pulling the girl's hair. "And there's nothing you can do. Law forbids you to kill me."

"Unless I'm executing a judgment of the death penalty."

"Duty above all else, eh Edward?" the man asked with a chuckle. "Well above everything except your lust. Oh yeah, your insatiable appetite made you the best target. Throw you in cell, add a whore that we grabbed off the street and wait."

"You..." Edward said stopping when the truth became clear. "It was always you."

"It was," Matthias confirmed snapping his fingers. "I took her. I changed her."

All heads turned to the tunnel entrance when four guards walked in holding Iona by each limb. Struggles against the hold would only hurt her so she shook her head instead.

"Oh how precious!" Matthias exclaimed. "She's telling you to let her go. Kill me instead. Ah, the wisdom of a woman. Foolish. Letting her heart, or some other body part, rule her head. You two were really a perfect match. Silly bitch, don't you know that if you die then he dies?"

"Then she won't die," Alex said quickly swinging his weapon through the air.

As two of Iona's captors fell headless to the ground, Edward jumped Matthias and gently pulled the young woman from his startled grasp.

"You betrayed me," Edward stated tightening his hold on the man. "You betrayed the New Kingdom. But the crimes that I could never forgive include kidnapping the human girl, Lia," he emphasized by crushing the man's arms. "Killing her as a human and poisoning her with that blood," he added with a flick against the man's spine.

When Matthias fell to the ground, paralyzed and screaming, Edward finished with, "And for touching her tonight." Lifting his foot, he crushed the man's skull under the heel of his boot.

Hurrying to his mate, Edward was relieved to see Iona free and unharmed. His debt to the human was now immense. Pulling his mate close, he shared words only meant for her and turned to their companions.

"We need to get out of here," Edward advised.

"There are many more waiting for us," Alex answered. "I can feel them near the door. I hope you brought reinforcements."

Edward smiled when a crash echoed through the house. "That would be the cavalry."

***

"How did you get here?" Gregorii demanded. "I should have known. I should feel you like I felt her."

"An example of how you are not superior to my father," Joshua answered approaching the winged creature. "In the midst of everything, he actually took the time to teach us about mental walls. Can you imagine? We're in the middle of a war and he's teaching me how to block my sister from reading my mind."

Gregorii stepped back as the young man closed the distance between them. He shook his head as though answering a question.

"I will admit, I have not embraced this life with the enthusiasm that others have," Joshua continued stopping when the other man backed into a desk. "Call me slow. But when Dad chose Abigail instead of me to rescue Mom, I was .... Well, distressed. You had taken my mother. My father and sister were going to get her. And you had taken a life."

"Ah, you didn't get to your bitch in time to change her," Gregorii interrupted with mock sympathy.

"Then it started making sense," Joshua continued. "Dad wasn't teaching me how to block a sister." Clutching Gregorii's arm, he spun the other man around and grabbed both wings. "He was teaching me how to block a sibling."

Screams pierced through the house as Joshua flicked his wrist and ripped the wings from the other man's back. Several of Gregorii's guards rushed into the room but were quickly eliminated by Antony and Gabriel. Keeping their mates close, the two brothers kept an eye on their protégé while guarding the door.

"Shouldn't you help him?" Alena whispered to her mate.

"Only he can finish this," Gabriel answered.

With a kick, Joshua sent Gregorii sailing across the room. Moving to the crumpled heap on the floor, he placed his foot on the other man's back keeping him down.

"And then I thought of his last words to me. 'It's not safe for you now.' And 'you're especially easy for the boy to read,' "Joshua said emphasizing his final words with a kick to the man's ribcage. "And then, he called Abigail 'bait.' Not a term of endearment from a typical father but then nothing about us is typical."

Helping Gregorii to his feet, Joshua continued, "But bait for what exactly? You? No. He wouldn't need to dangle his precious daughter on a hook for you or any of your kind. So the obvious answer is ...me. When he left her in the tunnel, her thoughts were screaming in my head until I heard him say, 'Now'."

"I know who I am and I know what you are," Joshua continued pounding his fist into Gregorii's face.

"You can't defeat me," the man spat through blood. "There are millions of us. Do you hear me? Millions!"

"Minus one," Joshua replied crossing his arms to grab Gregorii's jaw in one hand and shoulder in another. With a jerk of his arms, he easily separated the man's head from his torso and let the two drop to the floor.

***

The fight continued as the few demented beasts brave enough to face the rulers of the New Kingdom were quickly eliminated. Phillip led a team after those who attempted to retreat throughout the various rooms of the house. Keeping Abigail close to his side, Alex moved from room to room cutting down the enemy in search of his parents.

He knew they were here because he had felt a familiar calm in the midst of the fight. Searching every room, he helped his friends as he progressed through the house. When he topped the stairs, he stopped at the sight before him.

Conlaoch was on his knees with his head bowed while Arianna stood quietly behind him gently stroking his hair. Alex could guess at the scene they were facing in the room before them but knew he needed to join his parents. Walking slowly he hesitated when he mother turned and motioned for him to come no further.

"I sired him first," Conlaoch said with a gravelly tone. "He had been injured as a child and was physically handicapped. When he changed, he was like a dumb animal so grateful for his new life."

"This isn't your fault," Arianna offered.

"I left him!" Conlaoch snapped. "He needed me and I left him. I can't even remember the last time I saw him. It's been years. When he needed me, when they were torturing him, I should have known. I was only a few miles away and I didn't know."

Taking a deep breath, Alex moved to the doorway and stared in horror. Chained to a wall, the remains of the caretaker's body hung as a reminder of his struggles and suffering. Decaying bodies of all sizes, shapes and ages lay at his rotting feet. His sire's DNA had not been taken easily.

"He didn't betray you," Alex whispered.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? To know that in the end, he was faithful while I was careless?"

"Con," Arianna whispered, "you were here and only left because of me. It's my fault."

"No," he answered shaking his head. "It's proof that the prophecy is right. Because I failed, others need to rule." Rising to his feet, he kissed both Abigail and Alex on the cheek and led Arianna down the stairs.

***

As the demented vampires were quickly destroyed, the brothers and their mates found Gabriel to ensure that Alena had been safely rescued. When Alex escorted Abigail into the room, she was immediately pulled into her mother's arms where Joshua had been since killing Gregorii.

"I think we're clear," Tec announced walking in with Gloria, "but Phillip is sweeping the house looking for others....and survivors."

"There are none upstairs," Conlaoch responded as he and his mate joined the group. "We just returned from there. Unfortunately it is where my first changeling had been held and fed several humans. They didn't make his sacrifice of my blood easy."

"What do you mean?" Gloria asked.

"It's how they were able to get our DNA," Edward explained to the group. "From those we sired first. Unfortunately, mine committed treason with a smile."

"So you didn't cheat?" Gloria asked turning to Tec.

"No. I told you that it would be impossible," he said with exasperation. "Although I didn't understand until only a few minutes ago how this could have happened."

"Sorry," Gloria admitted with her eyes down. "I shouldn't have doubted you."

"Oh don't be too forgiving yet, my dear," a voice said from the doorway. "Wait until you hear who he did sire first. If memory serves me correctly, the whore was from Russia? No, the Ukraine."

"Amen," Tec groaned. "You fucking bastard. How long have you been here? And how is it you're never around for a fight."

As the brother argued, explained, and teased, Phillip silently entered the room and approached Gabriel.

"How many?" his general asked quietly.

"Several. This is never easy."

"Where are they?"

"They are being brought in now," he answered turning towards the door.

Several guards entered the room either carrying or escorting several children. Some were too young to walk while others helplessly followed along. All were under the age of ten years old. The room fell silent as everyone assessed the new group. Human. Unharmed. Orphaned.

"Great," Antony groaned. "What the hell are we supposed to do with...? Shit!" he exclaimed when he noticed his mate kneeling on the floor greeting the toddlers and older children.

"Congratulations, Antony!" Tec said slapping his back. "It's a boy! And a girl, and another girl, and another girl and another boy..."

"Yeah. Yeah. Thanks a lot, Grandpa!"

***

Time passed quickly as the group reassembled and quickly planned their next journey. Amen introduced his mate, Serenda, to the others and explained how Gregorii's offspring had arrived in Africa forcing him to seek his brothers' help.

As they discussed the changes in their lives, Joshua and Abigail looked at each other and smiled. "We can discuss it tomorrow," she offered. "When we've rested and can plan better." Kissing her parents and brother, she accepted Alex's hand and left the house.

"I need to go," Joshua said hugging his mother. "She may not wake today but I need to be there through the change."

"Of course," Alena answered. "I know how difficult it was for you to leave her but thank you."

"You know, Mom, I've thought a lot about what you told me. You're right. While I can't say that I will forget the loss, I can't let it define who I am. Apparently, I have too many people counting on me. But I will say that there is something medicinal about revenge. I'm sorry that you couldn't get justice for losing Tony."

"Who?"

"Your brother," he explained with a smile and then left.

"My what? Gabriel, who was he talking about?"

"Old memories," he explained with a smile. "Old human memories."

"I think I may have forgotten them."

"Good."

***

EIGHTEEN YEARS LATER

The New Kingdom, once established as the ruling power over the Third Creation, had survived a lethal attack and had successfully reorganized to counter the effects of that attack. While headquarters had been established near Heron's kingdom, Abigail and Joshua had chosen to live in their world instead of blindly ruling from seclusion.

Establishing a government for their people had become top priority. With the brothers relinquishing their kingdoms, the universal laws established order on every continent through an election process that allowed all of their people equal representation and participation. And while they no longer held their previous positions, the brothers' current status was no less grand.

Amen had moved his mate into Heron's house and focused on helping his weaker brother. The time for forgiveness had come, so no one, not even Heron, was allowed to mention any past failures. In between official duties, Amen hosted parties and formal meetings inviting their people from all over the world to stay as their guests. Gradually, Heron was able to stand with his brothers unhindered by his past and participate in their discussions and sibling bantering. The brothers and their mates rejoiced when he introduced the young woman, an assistant from Amen's court, who had agreed to become his mate.

Conlaoch had readily agreed to release his reign in Australia but he and Arianna had adamantly refused to leave the land. They tried to reason that Gregorii had created his offspring here so the country would certainly need more attention than any others. Abigail just smiled and agreed to their request, thankful for their assistance in unofficial capacities.

Tec and Gloria traveled wherever they were needed assisting the new government through its growing pains. When they found time for a break, they would return home. Much to Antony's chagrin, they consider his home to be theirs.

Since becoming a foster parent had required the majority of his time, he had been excused from the tasks of restructuring the government. Agreeing to provide exceptional care for his little wards, he had started this new life eager to finally be with Emma. How difficult could it be to feed, clothe, and bathe human children? Within the first week, he had mastered an understanding of food allergies, sleepless nights and removing foreign objects from tiny orifices. The years passed introducing him to horrors such as adolescence, first loves, first heartbreaks, and separation anxiety as each child left for college. When his oldest daughter introduced the boy she would eventually marry, Antony silently wondered how Gabriel had refrained from killing Alex. But the young adults were never too far from home and returned to visit with children of their own.

Tec humbly accepted his role as the youngest and most attractive great-grandfather in the history of the world.

Just when Antony planned to sell their empty nest and treat his mate to a cruise around the world, Joshua walked in with a new group of wards who needed more than food and shelter. With a laugh, the once renowned vampire playboy, showered the children with love and wondered where he had stored the extraction tool created for removing marbles stuck inside of small nostrils.

Moving from land to land, Joshua was always seen with one constant. Nola. She had awakened as a child on Christmas morning. With no knowledge of her miscarriage, she had embraced her eternal life with more enthusiasm than any other mate. His rapid changes halted and he now moved through life with his mate in perfect health, never aging. With the weight of the vampire world partially resting on his shoulders, Joshua found strength in her love for life and greater love for him. When he found a group of orphans hidden in a vampire coven, he had considered bringing them to his own home to foster. Nola had agreed but then questioned how they would ever have time for each other. He immediately rescinded the request and took the children to Antony. The man made it look too easy.

Edward and Iona had briefly returned to the States to assist his people through the transition. Introducing the new system was countered with typical resistance but was soon accepted when the first of Gregorii's vampires surfaced in the land. Stepping aside, Edward watched Phillip train an army to defend the country he had grown to love. Alex and Joshua worked together in teaching the former council members the potential threat of carelessness and introduced an election system to ensure fresh faces bringing fresh ideas.

Iona silently observed her mate as he dropped his former responsibilities and assisted as an advisor in the new system. She had anticipated an injured male ego until he announced that it was time for them to be them. She had questioned his odd comment and he explained that he would now be able to devote more time to her alone. There was no argument.

Promises of traveling the world, attending the best concerts and parties were followed with the extravagant purchases of new gowns and jewelry. All of which never made it out the door. Seeing her body wrapped in the finest cloths known to man would spark that dark twinkle in Edward's eyes. Within minutes her new clothes would be abandoned on the floor. As the years passed, they continued to grow in love and appreciation for each other. When they were called to duty, they would smile at the chaos surrounding the others' lives and secretly give thanks that they had been spared the extra responsibilities.

With no reign to relinquish, Gabriel had assisted his children as promised, happily walking away from his former duties with unspeakable joy. Knowing that they no longer needed his constant assistance had been a gift beyond compare. Finally having the time to fulfill his promise to Alena, he had taken her to every house he owned. And then he built her a few more.

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers