New Kingdom: European Court Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers

"Alesso, I'll do whatever we need to do. But we've discussed this. The era of the New Kingdom is over. They became complacent and lost their hold. We aren't changing anything. If it wasn't us, then it would be someone else."

"No George," Alesso said pulling away. "You got caught. At first, they wanted something but now, it's everything. Everything that happens, we have to report. Have you ever thought that maybe you didn't screw up? Is it possible you were set up?"

"Don't you think I've tried to retrace everything I did that day? I entered the wrong account numbers. It was mistake but it cost the client millions. If they hadn't caught the transfer into their account and notified me, I would be in prison."

"This isn't prison?"

"No," George answered. "This is Purgatory and the next step is Hell. I'm tired of this. Tell me what to do."

"Start by telling us everything," Edward said walking into the room with Tecumseh following close behind.

"God no!" Alesso screamed running for the door.

Before he could reach the handle, he was pulled away from the door and thrown across the room landing neatly on the sofa. He screamed again when he saw Edward holding George by the neck. The man's feet were swinging a foot above the carpet. Tecumseh kneeled in front of Alesso and slapped him across the face.

"Listen," Tec said, "I have no patience in this mess you have created. I will make you no promises but I can honestly say that you have survived this meeting longer than you would have if Gabriel was here. You messed with his kid. Now tell us what you two have done."

"Will you kill us?"

"Most likely but tell me what I need to know and I promise it will be quick."

Alesso looked at George again and saw the tears running from his eyes. He dropped his head in despair but quickly nodded his consent before Tec slapped him again. He inhaled quickly and tried to steady his shaking hands before telling the story.

"It started almost two years ago," Alesso began. "George came to me and said that he had been approached by a new client with a claim of fraud against Kingdom Investments. The client had noticed a large transfer into his portfolio and called to inquire. Apparently there had been a simply mistake or a transposition of account numbers. Anyway, I would have thought that the client calling would have been happy to report the error was in their favor and settle for a correction. But no, he asked to speak to the person with the highest authority."

Alesso paused and looked at Edward still swinging George off the floor. "Do you have to do that?"

"I'll put him down when you're finished," Edward answered. "I suggest you continue quickly."

"Since Antony Melchiorre was out of town, George was in charge of operations. When he started researching the transaction, he realized that he had actually been the one to make the error. It's never happened before but the client was adamant about proper retribution."

"You sir," Alesso said looking at Edward, "had just disappeared. Lord Melchiorre was frantically searching for you so George simply asked the client what he could do to satisfy the demands. The man knew about us," Antony said looking at George again.

"What exactly did he know about you?" Tec asked.

"That George and I had become lovers."

"While the thought is not especially appealing to me, the relationship is hardly of concern to us."

"It would have caused a concern with other employees which may have given Lord Melchiorre reason to dismiss us."

"Hardly but continue," Tec said standing to his full height.

"The client told George to come to the parking garage where he would meet a man. That man led him through a tunnel from the garage to some dig site that had uncovered buried rooms."

"The temples," Edward said.

"Yes," Alesso said. "I wasn't there. I've never met them but George was told that he and I both would need to report everything that occurred in Lord Melchiorre's land."

"Ok," Tec said. "Edward, drop our friend and let's hear exactly what he was instructed to do."

George's body slammed to the floor but he had enough sense to withhold any complaints. He merely moaned and rubbed his neck. When he started to stand, Edward placed his foot on his leg and held him in place.

"You can talk from there."

"The first time I was led to the tunnels, I was instructed to bow to the floor keeping my face in the dirt. I could hear people moving around but never saw him until later. Much later. Anyway, he told me that the era of the New Kingdom was finished. His people had already become undefeatable in the States and had moved into every court."

"Is that all?" Edward asked.

"No," George answered. "Please sir, I had no idea what was occurring but he said they were actually inside your courts. Even your mates had been compromised."

"No!" Alesso screamed just as Edward's fist smashed against George's jaw.

"She almost died. They took a kid off the street and nearly killed her to get to me," Edward growled. "What did you do?"

"I promise you sir," Alesso answered, "We had nothing to do with her abduction or the blood given to her. We merely reported the activities of Lord Melchiorre and his mate. When she left, I had to tell him about her travels."

"You told who about her travels?" Tec asked.

"I told Lord Melchiorre that she had packed several pieces of luggage and had left with several companions. It wasn't the first time so it wasn't impossible for him to believe."

"So you assisted them in kidnapping Eloise?"

"Not necessarily. She did leave with several people. People that she had met in the new vampire clubs. I did not see her until she returned last year. She was hideous. Beyond control."

"She had been destroyed by the poison they had created. Our blood supply was being contaminated," Edward said.

"I know," Alesso whispered. "When Lord Melchiorre explained everything to me, I realized what we had done. By that time, I didn't know how we could stop. We tried to leave once," he explained pointing to himself and George, "but they caught us."

"So let me get this right," Edward interrupted. "You two were afraid of getting caught, you, you little fucking prick, screwed up with numbers, and basically have become the boy toys of our enemies. Is that about right?"

"You make it sound so simple," Alesso snapped and then cried when Tec slapped him across the face.

"You were both valued employees. No one gave a shit where you shoved your cocks but you let someone, whose face you never saw, convince you to join forces against us."

"Sir," George said from the floor, "They convinced us that you were already defeated. We would merely die with you but continue to exist by joining them."

"Edward," Tec said with a grin, "I think we should let the Panthralges keep their promise to these boys."

"They can exist by joining them?"

"It was their choice," Tec said. "But first, I'd like to know what they've told the enemy about Emma."

"Feeling a little protective are we?" Edward joked.

"Shouldn't I know how much trouble Daddy's little girl is facing?"

"Antony has no idea what hell he's facing with you as a father in law."

"I already have plans."

"Speaking of plans," Edward said lifting George to his feet. "What are we going to do with these two?"

"Give them exactly what they've earned," Tec said pushing Alesso in front of him. "Strip them naked, tied a red bow on their pricks and send them running through the temples."

"You're a sick fucker," Edward said with a laugh as they pushed the two men out of the apartment. "God, I've missed you."

*****

Alena walked out of Abigail's room leaving her daughter in the care of Emma. Armed with chocolate and teen magazines, the girl could be heard laughing with her new friend. Her new human friend. Alena recoiled a little at the thought of losing touch with her former nature especially now that she needed that experience and knowledge to help her children.

As she walked through the apartment, she found Joshua sitting on the sofa watching television. She looked at the screen and could barely suppress a groan when she saw a video of an immodestly dressed teen girl singing about choosing the right man to love.

"You call that singing?"

"Yep."

"She's not very pretty. Her complexion is probably scarred for life."

"Yeah? I didn't notice."

Snatching the remote from his grasp, Alena turned off the television and stared at her son.

"Mom," Joshua complained with one word.

"What?" she asked.

"What?" he asked her in response.

"Wow. I suck at this."

"I don't think you're supposed to use words like 'suck' around your kids."

"Thanks for the parental advice. How about telling me that I'm doing a good job?"

"You're doing a great job. Nobody else would have willingly taken on this mess. You've made it look easy so far," he said sitting up straight on the couch. "But things are rapidly moving out of your control and it makes you feel unsure of things."

"God. You sound like an adult."

"I'm still Joshua."

"You were a baby this morning. Your father thought we would have you for three years."

"It was a good guess but we'll have to grow up as we are needed," he said as he stood and walked to his mother. Seeing the tears in her eyes, he kissed her cheek and whispered, "Would it help if I promised to be as immature as possible?"

"Sure. I'll take anything right now."

"Good. Then can I have the remote and get back to my videos?"

Alena handed him the remote, returned his kiss and moved through the apartment to find Gabriel. As she entered their new rooms, she stopped at the door to quietly appreciate the scene before her. Gabriel stood with his back to her staring out the window. He had apparently just finished showering because he was wearing dark casual pants and his hair glistened with droplets of water. Her eyes roamed up the length of his body until she saw the reflection of his face in the window.

"You've become a rather lusty woman my little Alena," he commented as his smile reflected through the glass pane.

"That part of me hasn't changed at all," she said. "I wanted you when we first met."

"You had me the first time we met," he said turning to face her, "but I still had to wait eight years for you."

"The fact that I wanted you doesn't mean I had a clue what to do with you," she said moving close to him and tracing her fingers over the muscles in his chest and abdomen.

"Which proves my point," he said pulling her fingers to his lips and kissing them. "Only a moment ago, you were contemplating removing my remaining clothing. Alena Madyson would have been terrified to have such thoughts."

"Only because I could never imagine you wanting me," she confessed quietly.

"I've told you, it was never as simple as wanting you. To want someone is a physical desire that's never satisfied."

"Does that me you don't desire me or you're just satisfied with me?" she asked with a laugh.

"It means we need each other and it's more than just feeding. I'm learning that now," he said wrapping his arms around her. "When you insisted on fighting for your human memories and experiences, I could only believe that you resented, no, that you regretted the change."

"No," she interrupted, "God no! Gabe, I've tried to tell you ..."

"I know. I know. But I still didn't understand. You've probably transitioned better than any human ever."

"What?"

"You know what you must do. You understood that you needed to wait and help our children no matter how difficult and conflicting this life is for you right now."

"They're growing fast. They change almost every hour."

"I know and it's probably a good sign that we are nearing the end of this war. But while they have these dual natures, we need someone who can understand them. "

"Emma is with Abigail now," she offered quietly. "I had forgotten the power of chocolate."

"And I have no idea what that means," Gabe said pressing his forehead against hers. "They need someone like you who recognizes their human needs and their vampire needs. You do. So, as long as you know that I need you, I want you to know that I now understand why you're holding on."

"It probably won't be for too much longer," she whispered. "They are both growing so fast. They will be adults and leave soon."

"Then you and I can return to our cabin at the falls and just feast on each other every way possible," Gabriel said and then gently kissed her.

"Oh," she moaned against his lips. "Remind me why I was sad about them growing up and leaving us."

"Actually, I'm looking forward to a break from everyone for a while," Gabriel said and moved Alena away from him.

At her questioning look, he pointed to the door and growled when Antony walked in.

"Don't growl at me, Gabriel," Antony snapped. "While I may be interrupting you now, you'll certainly get laid today. Again," he added with a wink to Alena.

"Why are you here?"

"I live here. Actually I own this house so why should explain myself to you?" Antony replied as he sat in one of the chairs.

"Because it's rude to walk in unannounced. Especially when you knew we would have preferred a few minutes alone."

"Alena, is my brother just giving you a few minutes? Tragic."

"Unless you need me here, I'm going to check on the children," Alena said quietly and walked to the door.

"Baby," Gabriel said before she left, "we will return to the cabin. Soon."

With a wink to her mate, Alena stepped out of the room.

"I hope you are mated soon," Gabriel said to his brother."Celibacy does not suit you."

"Actually I was searching for my intended mate but felt compelled to detour to your room."

"What's wrong?"

"As you said, celibacy is not agreeing with me," Antony responded and then stared at his brother. When he could no longer consider the thoughts that had been haunting him, he dropped his head into his hands.

"You're worried. Why?"

"I told her that I would wait before changing her. I made some stupid, noble gesture that will cost her life! "

"Do you think you can change her before we fight?"

"No," Antony said and then paused. "But this delay keeps her vulnerable. Money is moving. Edward and Tec have the two spies. The enemy could attack at any minute."

"You don't think you can protect her?"

"You couldn't protect Alena against the Panthralges," he answered. "If Emma's injured then I may not be able to get to her before it's too late. She's the only vulnerability we have."

"No," Gabriel corrected. "She's the only vulnerability that you have. Emma's death would be regrettable but it would not destroy me. As long as I have Alena, I would continue to exist as usual. You need to decide what you will do Antony. And as much as I hate stating the obvious, you're running out of time to make a decision."

"I know," Antony started. "Gabriel, I need a favor from you. I know she's not yours but I want you to do this for me."

"I actually have enough to worry about it."

"I know. And two thirds of them are partially my responsibility but you're the only one I can trust on this."

"Very well," Gabriel finally agreed. "I can't promise to keep her off the front line. She's a coveted target for our enemies and a weakness in our defense because of you. They will certainly try to destroy her."

"Could you sound a little remorseful?"

"It's a fact. As you callously stated, I almost lost Alena. And remember, I tried to put her away from me to keep her safe. So forgive me if I refuse to comfort you on your carelessness with this woman!"

"What was I supposed to do?" Antony demanded raising his voice. "She was in my blood!"

The brothers glared at each other for a minute before Gabriel turned away and poured two glasses of whiskey. He offered one to Antony and saluted him before swallowing the contents of his glass. He sat back down and closed his eyes sighing in frustration.

"Antony, we may be able to protect your woman in an ironically dangerous way," he said holding up his hands to keep his brother from interrupting. "Wait, before you disagree, let me explain. And even if you agree, we will need Tec's approval."

Standing and walking to the widow, Gabriel stared at the scenery without actually seeing it. He looked at the glass to find his brother waiting for his explanation. After another minute, he turned around and stared at Antony allowing him to see the plan in his mind.

"My god, Gabriel!" Antony exclaimed. "How can you be sure this will work and not backfire?"

"We make it our first plan of attack and put all of the right people in place. You have to admit, it's a good plan."

"No," Antony whispered shaking his head. "It's a fucking great plan."

*****

"Hey," Iona whispered against Edward's shoulder. "What are you blocking from me?"

"Nothing from you. Just trying to reason with my brothers and keep the argument between us."

"Why is this war so different? Everyone is so much more anxious than when we were home."

"The pitiful truth is that Gabriel fought in the States by himself. I was coming around out of my hedonistic stupor but he was always alert and ready for action. This time," he said wrapping his arm around his mate, "we know what we are facing."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Sometimes," he agreed. "And then again, there are times when ignorance is bliss."

"I don't understand."

"When we were home, we fought one physical enemy and a few of their soldiers. We were just discovering how our lackadaisical attitudes had been used against us. Now, we have learned how an army, no a new species, has almost taken everything given to us."

"But you're breaking them. We are gaining ground."

"At a cost. And we may sacrifice more," he said holding her close.

"Listen," Iona said pulling back to look him in the eye. "I hate remembering what they did to me but I will tell the world that this is who our enemy is. I'd rather be dead than be under their control. I can promise you that Alena and Emma feel the same. I suppose Gloria does too."

"Let's hope so," Edward whispered pulling her back against his body.

*****

"It is a good plan," Gloria said to Antony as the both watched Tec pacing the floor.

When he suddenly stopped and glared at them, they both recoiled from the look on his face. While he had never spoken a harsh word to Gloria, she was fairly sure that he wanted to unleash some of his anger at her right now. Some. But the majority of his wrath was directed to Antony.

"No!" he finally yelled. "It's not a good plan. I should have never brought you here. Now that I think about it, I can't imagine what the fuck I was thinking."

"You know we had no other choice," she said walking to him. "Tec, you've given me everything within your power but some things have been decided for us. I don't remember her birth, my death, or anything before then, but Emma is mine. No matter what Antony has planned for her, she has my blood and being near her makes me stronger."

"How strong will either of you be if one of you is killed?" he groaned as he pulled her close and rested his cheek against the top of her head.

"You don't understand. Tec, you've been so caught up in this fight that you haven't noticed how withdrawn you've become. Now, you are back to the man I knew. You are stronger when you're with your brothers."

"It can't be the same for you and a human as it is for me and my brothers."

"Don't try to be an ass, darling. You' don't wear it very well," she said and then placed a quick kiss to his lips. "I'm stronger with my daughter. And you've always told me that coincidences do not exist."

"Do you have any idea what Gabriel's plan means? It's the first item on our agenda."

MicKay
MicKay
639 Followers