New Life Ch. 03

Story Info
Something about Anya.
4.8k words
4.67
16.2k
25
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/20/2022
Created 10/12/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

******Thanks again to LiterKnight for editing and input. Hope you all enjoy*****

Chapter 3

Oh my goddess. Anya had never seen food like this. Meat, meat, and more meat; not one part of the cow was missed. Huge salad bowls were placed in the center of the table. Lots of veggies. Potatoes in every kind of way were placed about. She was so amazed.

Everyone had massive plates of meats and veggies and potatoes. Anya made herself a nice salad. Trying to load up on as many tomatoes as would fit on the plate. On a smaller plate she added some of the veggies.

"You need some meat on this plate." Daniel said as he took a seat next to Anya.

"I'm fine thank you. I like my plate just the way it is."

"You need more protein. It'll help you with the bruising."

"Daniel, leave her alone." Luna piped in. "When she's ready for some meat, she'll get some."

"Well at least get your favorite, so no one will eat it before you have a chance." Daniel said trying to shove a plate in my hand.

Getting a little frustrated with Daniel, she grab the plate and put it under the plate of veggies.

"You can't get meat on that plate if it's sitting underneath that one." He says as he reaches to grab the plate from under it's perch.

"Look Goliath, I'm sure you didn't get all big and bulky by making sure others have enough meat on their plates. Leave me be, and let me eat." She speared a tomato with extra force before popping it in her mouth.

She guessed he finally took his cue. With a slight growl that she was beginning to associate with him. He got up reaching for a plate so he could make his own. She looked down at her food and really started to enjoying it. Everything tasted so fresh. She must have been too consumed with her salad because she didn't notice Daniel come to sit back next to her.

"Here, I got you some small pieces so you can add it to your salad or something. I just want to make sure that you have enough to eat is all."

He really was trying to be sweet. Waving him down so she could whisper in his ear. "I really appreciate you trying to help me fend and all, but I fend for myself just fine." Lowering her voice to barely a whisper, "And by the by, I don't eat red meat."

Booming laughter rang out as he said, "No wonder why you bruise so easily. You're a vegetarian, that explains why you're so skinny."

Ow, that hit a nerve. "No Goliath I said that I don't eat red meat, not that I don't eat meat. Is there a brain wrapped in any of that muscle?"

Putting his hand to his heart like she hurt his heart. "Ouch, that hurt. So tell me what do you eat then? All I see is veggies, and some leafy looking stuff."

"This genius is called lettuce. Not leafy stuff. And it's good for you. I also eat seafood when I can afford it. Which is almost never. Mostly I eat chicken."

"Well that has to get boring after a while. What do you have against a cow?"

"I just don't eat it. Chicken can be done every day for a year and not be cooked the same way. Besides I think red meat makes people mean." she said with a shrug.

"I love red meat and I'm not mean."

Boy did she have a snappy comeback to that. But before she could say any thing the Alpha's mate interrupted.

"Daniel please leave her alone to eat her meal in peace."

Anya looked up to her and whispered a thank you, and continue on to eat her meal in peace. After dinner all the plates were collected everyone sat around talking. Everyone seemed so happy to be around each other. None of the family drama like they portrayed on TV.

Looking at her watch Anya realize that she stayed a lot longer than she wanted to.

"Oh shit Luna, I have to get going."

"Really it's not that late and it's Friday. Don't leave." Luna truly looked upset. Anya just didn't have the heart to leave just yet.

"Well, just a little longer then I gotta be getting back."

"Why the rush to leave?" Daniel asked.

"I have some things I have to take care of. And I gotta check on my mom, make sure she didn't burn the house down."

"Lucien will be fine." Luna stated, " and I highly doubt you mother will burn down the house."

"He'll start missing me. I can't have my baby feel like I'm neglecting him."

"Who is Lucien?" Daniel asked.

"Lucien is my doggie. He stays locked in my room while I'm gone."

"Well next time you come over, bring him with you. Give the little fella a chance to stretch his legs. I'm sure some of the younger pups would love to play with a little doggie."

"I'm not sure if Lucien plays well with kids. Like I said he spends a lot of time locked in my room." Thinking that it might be good to get him out though.

" I'm sure if you didn't teach him to be vicious he'll be fine. Besides a little dog wouldn't scare these kids. So what kind of dog is he?"

"He's a wolf, and he's not a little dog. He's pretty big."

Having a wolf for a pet didn't go well in a room full of were. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Anya shocked.

Quickly she tried to defend herself self. The last thing She wanted to do was to make anyone upset in this house.

"No! No, not a werewolf. A true honest to goodness wolf, wolf."

"Anya, wolves are not meant to be locked in a room. They are meant be free in the wild. How come you never told me that Lucien was a wolf." Luna asked.

"They are dangerous as well. At anytime he could snap and attack you." Daniel added.

Anya was quick to defend the only one who has been there for her all this time.

"Lucien would never hurt me. He was a lonely hurt puppy when I found him. Living off of trash. I took him in nursed him back to health. He's all I got protecting me in that house." She was really getting upset. Standing up, and reading herself to walk out the kitchen things began to start spinning.

Daniel notice he starting to sway. Quickly he got up to try to steady her.

"Anya are you ok?" He asked.

"Do I look ok? Put me down!" She didn't want to show any weakness in front anyone in the kitchen. Trying to stand up again, the dizziness came.

"You don't look fine." He said.

"Call the pack doctor back in here." She heard Davian say.

"Anya, what's wrong?" Luna asked full of concern.

Ok, all this attention was really starting to anger her. She turned to Luna, "I would like to go home now please."

"Not until after you see the doctor, so he can see what's wrong." Daniel's voice had that no nonsense tone to it that Anya didn't care for.

"I know what's wrong with me, I don't need a doctor. I would like to go home please."

"Hello there, I am Michael, pack doctor."

Looking up into his blue eyes Anya wanted to melt. These were were going to give her a complex she thought. She had yet to see an unattractive male here.

"Hey Mike, nice to meet you. Your services are not needed. You can go back to whatever it is that you were doing. Soon as I get home I'll be fine."

"You about to fall on your face is not ok." Daniel said getting more upset.

"Please Luna take me home. I will feel better once I get there."

"I think the Alpha wants to make sure you're ok before we take you home is all." Luna had such deep concern on her face.

Looking at Davian, "Your Alpha-ness, I will be just fine." Taking a much needed breath she continue, "If you would just let Luna and Gregg drive me home, I'll take some meds and be fine."

"We have a fully stocked infirmary on the compound. I'm sure if you just let the Doc look at you he can get you what ever it is that you need." There was so much worry in Daniel's eyes Anya just melted.

"Insulin," She said looking away in shame. "I need my insulin."

"Well," Michael said. "That we don't have."

"I'll have the car brought up. Come on" Gregg said as him and Luna walked out.

"Daniel why don't you carry Anya out the car." Davian said.

"I can walk just fine thank you." she said holding her head up high and wobbling.

Softly Daniel said, "I will not carry you if you don't want me to, will you let me at least assist you to make sure you do not fall." he had never seen such a stubborn woman in all his life.

"Fine." she really was feeling weak. slowly she made her decent down the long hallway to the car. "Why does this hallway have to be so damn long."

"It's a pretty big house. You know you curse a lot for a lady."

"What werewolf woman don't curse?"

"They do, just not as much as you do."

"What can I say, tough life. You tend to curse a lot of things in life."

Daniel walked at her pace never rushing her. He had his hands placed gently on the small of her back. He was so large, he towered over her. He is a bit over baring but, he was just so damn fine she thought.

"Why did you say that Lucien is your only protection in your house?"

She really didn't feel like explaining her life to him. So she just let out a sigh, and put her head on his arm and walked the rest of the way in silence. Just beyond the stairs to the entrance sat the black SUV with Luna and Gregg in the front seat. Sir Sniffs Alot was holding the back door open. Of corse as She tried to get in the back seat, he attempted to take another sniff. She really didn't have the energy to yell at him.

Daniel on the on the other hand was not to please. He growled and got all up in Sir Sniffs Alot's face. He didn't like how the young were was so close and sniffing Anya. His eyes were starting to glow amber. Usually the young were was brave enough to stand strong to a larger wolf, but today, right now wasn't the time. And he showed it. "Sorry Man" was all he said, and just stood there.

Anya thought Daniel was going to bite his head off. "I would like to go home now Daniel. And until Sir Sniffs Alot let's go of the door and you move out the way, I can't leave."

He still stood there growling at the man. So while this was all to entertaining, she really did need to get her insulin.

"As much as this show is fun, I'm slipping into a diabetic coma over here. Please. I really do need to take my medicine. Please." she said exasperated.

That finally got through to him. His eyes softened. Sir Sniffs Alot let go of the door and walked away. Daniel closed the door and walked away. Breathing a sigh of relief, Anya close her eyes and sat all the way back in the seat to relax. To soon.

The other door opened up and Daniel hopped in the back seat next to her.

Anya pushed out a sigh, "Ugh. What do you want?"

"I'm coming along for the ride." He gave her a sympathetic smile and sat back in his seat.

Gregg drove off not giving her a chance to protest. Anya really didn't want this Daniel to know where she lived. It was bad enough Luna and Gregg knew where she lived. Now all three of them will look at her like the sickly poor girl she thought. 'At least if I stay away from the compound I'll never have to see Daniel again.' She thought. All she had left in school is was finals on Monday. After that maybe she could just avoid Luna until the fall.

"How long have you know you were diabetic?" Luna asked voice laced with hurt and concern.

"Since I was seventeen."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

She was so dreading this. "Because I really didn't think it was important."

"Not important!" She turned around in her seat to face me. It was then that Anya saw the hurt on her face. "Why would you think it's not important. You got mad at me because I didn't tell you about being mated to Gregg. Something I wasn't sure if you would understand. You told me that best friends don't keep secrets. About anything. That's what you said Anya!"

"I know! I know what I said. It's just I'm already the poor girl. The last thing I want is to be the poor, sickly girl."

"I have never treated you like anything less than my best friend. Since the day we met, I have never been ashamed that we are best friends." Luna really was hurt that Anya felt so little of her.

"I know." She told her exasperated. "I know. It's me. I'm the one who's ashamed. Look at what I come from. I'm sorry."

"Listen to me Anya. You will never be anything to me but my best friend. Not poor girl, or sickly girl. Just my best friend. You got that?"

"I'm sorry."

"I didn't ask if you were sorry or not. I asked if you understood that in my book we are equal. Best friends."

She truly is amazing. At that moment Anya was really glad that she had her for a best friend. Smiling at her and nodding her head, "Yeah, I got it."

When they pulled up to Anya's apartment, she was so ready to get upstairs take her insulin and go to sleep. Put this embarrassing day behind her. When Daniel hopped out the car and walked around to open her door, she thought nothing of it. Saying her good byes to Luna and Gregg, and promising to call her in the morning, Anya headed off to her apartment giving Daniel a wave goodbye. As She slowly made her decent to the stairs, she noticed she was not alone.

"Um, where ya going?"

"I am making sure that you make it to your apartment safely." Placing his had on the small of her back, "Which way to your apartment?"

"I have lived in this neighborhood my whole life. I am perfectly safe here."

"I wasn't implying to the safety of your neighborhood. I have seen that you can take care of yourself pretty well. As a matter of fact I have seen it on video three times. I was merely concern that your dizziness may return on your way to your apartment."

Smiling Anya thought had a point. "Ok, I live on the third floor, apartment 3F."

"Third floor?" Gesturing towards her apartment building. "Lead the way he said.

The walk up to her apartment was a slow one, she really was tired. "What I wouldn't give to have an apartment on the first floor right now." I mentioned trying to break the erie silence.

"You're doing just fine. Go as slow as you like. We could sit and take a break if you like."

"I can make it up the stairs just fine. I was just saying it would be nice." She snapped at him. She did not like being made to look like a weak person in front of anyone. She continued up the stairs.

Daniel took a deep breath before he continued to follow after her. He had never met someone who was so stubborn in all his life.

As the walked down the hallway on the third floor, Daniel caught a scent that put him a little on edge. It was barely there, but it was definitely there.

As Anya got closer to her door she reached for her keys in her bag to come up empty.

"Shit! I forgot my bag at your house. How can I be so stupid."

"Should your mother be home?"

"Like that would help." Anya said with a roll of her eyes. "Luckily the lady across the hall has a spear."

Turning around She knocked on the door to Mrs. Jenkins' house. The lonely old lady was always nice to Anya. When she was younger and didn't have a key Mrs. Jenkins would let her sit on her sofa to wait for her mom to get home. When Anya got older and started working, she gave her a spare key for her mothers sake. Her mom was notorious for locking herself out.

With the door open only a crack, an old lady pokes her head out slightly. "Hey Mrs. Jenkins. Can I please have the spear I gave you so I can open the door."

The old lady looks at Anya then Daniel. Quickly she closes the door. Daniel looks at Anya puzzled.

"It's ok, she's just going to get the key." Anya knew the old lady didn't like strangers.

Shortly after her closing the door she reopens it just a crack again and sticks the key out for Anya to grab.

Giving her a smile, "Thanks, I'll return it tomorrow sometime."

Promptly she closes the door.

"She's nice." Daniel said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

That made Anya laugh. "Well your dressed in nice jeans that aren't falling off your ass, and a Polo shirt with creases on the sleeve. Around here that means your the law. She's the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil type."

"I see. I'm glad I didn't wear the button up shirt that was laid out for me."

They stood there in silence for a while just looking at each other. Anya couldn't believe this guy. 'The shirt that was laid out for him' Must be nice to be rich and fine. Goddess she thought he was beautiful.

"So, um, thanks for making sure I made it up the stairs. Have a safe trip home."

"Your not going to invite me in?"

"In my apartment. Um, no!"

"I just want to make sure you get settled in."

"That's sweet and all, but I'm probably going to hit the bed as soon as I take my insulin."

"Please Anya, let me make sure you get settle in, and I will leave. I promise."

"Ugh!" Anya couldn't believe she could give in so easily. All he as to do was bat those gorgeous eye lashes, say the word please and She just gave into him, just like that.

"Fine, come on."

Blowing out a big huff of air, she turned to her door and listened. All still seemed quiet on the other side of the door so she put the key in and open the door.

"Please excuse the mess. Since I was at y'alls house all day I didn't have a chance to clean."

Looking up at him I couldn't quite place the facial expression he was wearing on his face. It was a cross between confused and mad.

"What's wrong? Never seen a messy apartment before?" I asked.

The scent was so much stronger in here. Daniel couldn't help but continue to look around and senting the air.

"Does your mom hang out with were as well?"

Placing her keys in the basket on top of the fridge. Opening the fridge to get her insulin, She had to think about his question.

"You know what? I don't know. I try to avoid my moms 'friends' at all cost. Why do you ask?"

"It smell as if a wolf has been here. His sent is strong."

"Does Lucien count? I mean he is a wolf, just not were. Do they smell the same?" Anya turned to walk down the hall, "I'll be right back, I'm just going into my room to get a needle so I can take my insulin."

She walked in her room expecting to be greeted by Lucien, but he wasn't at the door as normal. That's odd she thought.

"Lucien. Lucien? Where are you buddy?"

"Is everything ok?" Daniel asked as he walked down the hallway to her room. The sent was so much stronger in her room.

"Usually Lucien is at my door happy to see me. I don't know where he is." Noticing that the window is closed, she started to get upset. "Lucien this is not funny where are you!"

Daniel perked up his ears, and inhaled deeply."He's in your closet."

"In my closet? Why would he be in my closet?" Going over to open her closet door, she could see his tail on the closet floor. "Why are you in the closet buddy?"

"He is afraid." Daniel said. Puzzled about what to do or say next.

"Afraid? Lucien, why would you be afraid? I hope not 'cause of this guy. I know he's big, but he's not so tuff. Mommy whooped his ass earlier. Now stop being a scaredy cat and help me find a needle."

Lucien slowly got up with his head and body low to the ground. He walked over to the dresser and putting his paw on the second to last drawer whines and barks. Taking her cue, she opens the drawer. Rummaging through the drawer she finally sees the little orange needle she was looking for.

"Have I told you how lost I would be without you buddy." patting him on the head, "Stay in here, I'll get rid of Goliath and be back in a bit ok."

As she walked out to head to the bathroom, Daniel asked, "Why were your needles in your dresser? Shouldn't they be held in a place where they are more convient?"

"Not with my drug addict mom. I would never have any needles left to take my meds."

She walked into the bathroom and close the door, she goes through the task of taking her shot. She hated having to take insulin. It burns and it takes forever for the spot to stop bleeding. Who knew a little needle hole could bleed so much. She grabbed a rag and walked out of the bathroom applying pressure to stop the bleeding.

Daniel was sitting table with a perplexed look on his face.

"Hey," She said. "All finished."

12