New Life in a New World Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
johneb87
johneb87
833 Followers

"Everything will be explained soon. Now, get on."

John still hesitated, carefully thinking about what Lydia would want him to do. Lydia's task was to deliver him safely to Sasha. He may not have known Lydia that long, but if he died trying to look for her, she would probably kick his ass even if all that was left of him was a corpse. Making up his mind, he walked over to Sasha who had lowered herself further so John could climb on her back. Even though she did her best to make it easier for him to mount her, it still was like trying to climb onto the back of a Clydesdale. With a firm jump, John managed to climb onto her back and straddle the base of her neck. He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around her neck as best as he could.

"Hold on tight," Sasha said looking back at him as she spread her wings.

John tightened his arms and tried to brace himself, but he was still unprepared for the takeoff. In one furious flap of her wings and a jump from her powerful legs, Sasha launched off the ground. The launch was so sudden that John's head slammed into the back of her neck, the impact causing him to lose his grip. Feeling himself slide off, he managed to regain his grip and tighten his leg just in time to prevent himself from falling off. John found himself looking straight down at the ground already several hundred feet below. He tried to pull himself back up but he was barely hanging on already. Sasha had felt him start to slide off, she banked hard to the other side allowing him to slide upright.

Sasha craned her head back towards him, "I told you to hold on tight," she said with a chuckle.

"I was holding on tight but your takeoff just sucks," John replied with a smirk.

"Okay, I admit that it was a bit rough," she replied, "But I promise that the landing will be much smoother."

"Do you call crashing a smooth landing?"

Sasha suddenly folded her wings and went into a nosedive, dropping like a rock. "HOLY SHIT!" John yelled as he held on for dear life. They fell for about two hundred feet before the dragoness spread her wings again and suddenly stopped their rapid descent. This time John did brace himself, but the intense G-force still pressed his body against Sasha's.

"Be nice," Sasha said deviously, continuing to fly towards the mountains.

"Yes ma'am," John replied back mockingly.

Sasha pitched upward slightly and started to steadily increase in altitude. Within a matter of minutes they were a couple thousand feet off the ground and in a thick cloud that surrounded the mountain. John could not see anything around them, only a thick screen of white in all directions. He shivered as he felt the air get colder around him. While he did have his fleece on, the cold still managed to seep through. They broke through the cloud and were greeted with the rocky, snow covered face of the mountain directly in front of them. Sasha continued to fly higher along the side of the mountain. John looked around seeing the tops of the other mountains peek through the clouds. He could see the mountain range extend for hundreds of miles. John caught glimpses of the lower lands between breaks in the clouds. He could see parts of the seemingly never ending evergreen forests below and a few villages scattered across the land. Looking back, he could see the bluish hue of what seemed to be an ocean far to the west. The topography reminded him of the Cascade Mountains and evergreen forests of Washington State.

As they neared the top of the mountain, John spotted what looked like a large entrance to a cave. As Sasha flew toward it, he could see that it was wide enough to allow for her enormous wingspan. Sasha entered the cave without even slowing down as John ducked, fearing he might hit his head on the cave ceiling. As he looked down he saw a large, deep pool of glacial water with a narrow stone footbridge crossing it. He could only imagine how cold that water could be. Just after flying over the pool, Sasha gently landed inside the cave.

As John slid off her back, he looked around the cave. It was about thirty feet from floor to ceiling and incredibly deep. While the cave curved slightly, it was very wide open. Along the walls there were other entry ways into smaller chambers. However, those entrances were not large enough for a full size dragon to fit through as they were more human sized. Far back in the cave, John could see a fireplace. It's light illuminating what looked like to be a pair of chairs carved from the rock and a large bed. It may have been a completely natural cave at one time, but not anymore. Intricate patterns were carved into every surface possible. Beautifully decorated pillars were carved into the walls which extended all the way to the ceiling of the cave into glorious arches. On each pillar was a torch emanating a blue flame, lighting the whole cave in a blue hue. The whole thing was just grand, more like a cathedral than a cave.

John looked over at the dragoness next to him, Sasha closed her eyes as she concentrated on something. John was about to ask what she was doing but he soon got his answer. Hey body began to seamlessly shrink from her large size. But she did not simply become smaller, other features began to emerge as well. Her wings transformed into arms as she began to stand upright on two legs, a second pair of wings emerged from her back. Her snout retracted, forming closer to her face. A gorgeous blue mane formed from her head and flowed down her back. A pair of large, womanly breasts grew from her chest. A small black leather top and skirt started to form, like it had grown out of her skin.

When Sasha finished her transformation, she reopened her intense blue eyes and looked directly at John with a warm smile. John simply stood there, stunned at the now beautiful woman that stood before him. Her scales had all but disappeared, replaced with a pearl white skin. She was about the same height as John, but the pair of twisted blue horns on the top of her head made her look taller. She had a shapely and womanly body. His eyes followed her toned thighs down to her slender legs where they connected to her dragon-like feet, three clawed toes at the front and a claw extending from her heel. On each of her legs was a blue colored flame tattoo that extended from her shin to just below her knee. Her black leather top barely contained her ample globes, only the laces down the center of the vest prevented them from bursting out. The short black leather skirt clung tightly to her slim waist and thighs. Her long white tail connected at the small of her back. A black choker style collar wrapped around her neck. His eyes locked with hers as he finally got a good look at her face. While looking a bit more human, she still kept some of her draconic facial features. Her goth-like black lips smiled back at him. Her light blue hair flowed down her back until it just touched the top of her lovely butt. Parts of her bangs hung over her face, almost partially covering her inviting eyes. She looked just absolutely gorgeous. Sasha stretched out her wings behind her, a semi transparent blue membrane stretched between the "fingers" in the wing.

Sasha started to walk toward John when she started to collapse, her legs giving out on her. John quickly reached out and caught her. Her transformation had weakened her for a moment, but was thankful John was there to assist her. After a few moments her strength had returned to her, but she hesitated. She enjoyed being held in John's arms and did not want to leave his comforting embrace. She looked up at him, getting a close look at his handsome and rugged face. She looked into his brown eyes, showing a mixture of determination and compassion. She innocently slipped her hand under his vest, her heartbeat quickened when she felt his broad chest. A few dirty thoughts crossed her mind. She had spent most of her time observing human men and he was definitely one of the more handsome ones.

But John soon caught onto Sasha's hesitation as he gave her a puzzled look. The last time he felt this awkward was when Anya and Lydia were outrageously flirting with him. Sasha got her thoughts back together and started to stand back up on her own, John releasing her from his arms.

"Thank you for that," Sasha said gratefully, "The transformation process requires a lot of energy. By the time we're done, we're completely exhausted. That's why we usually stay with one form or another."

"Which form do you prefer?" John asked.

Sasha spread her arms, indicating her preference for her current humanoid form. John looked her over again, admiring the sensuous curves and athleticism of her body. Realizing what he was doing, he tried to shake those thoughts from his mind. For Christ's sake, she's a dragoness. While his mind was trying to follow reason, his body was following more basic instincts as he felt a familiar stirring in his loins.

"Well that form is more pleasing on the eyes," John said playfully.

"Well thank you," Sasha replied, giving him a wink. "Not bad for a woman of 926 years."

John's eyes shot open in surprise. "Well you don't look a day over.....three hundred," he said with a nervous laugh.

"You human men are cute when you get nervous," Sasha replied with a giggle. "Actually, dragons live to be over three thousand years old. So if we are comparing relative ages within each other's life spans, you and I are practically the same age."

They both shared a laugh until they quieted down and became more serious.

"I suspect you are wondering why you are here," said Sasha.

John nodded, "I'm guessing it's because you're going to tell me how I can get home to my world."

Sasha raised an eyebrow, seemingly perplexed by his answer. "Is that what Radulf told you?"

"He didn't tell me anything really," John replied, "He just knew I had to come see you."

With a concerned look on her face, she buried her face in her hand as she shook her head. John was at a loss to what was going on. Was he not able to go back home? His heart sank a little at the prospect of being stuck in this world. He would have stayed for Lydia, but that was now out of the question. But if Sasha was not here to help him back home, then why was he here?

"So what's going on?" John said, sounding a bit more frustrated. "Are you telling me I can't go home?"

She lifted her head out of her hand and looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry John, I had told Radulf to not reveal too much to you. However, I had hoped that he would at least give you a little background first."

"Background on what?" John asked, "Just what the hell are you talking about?"

Sasha motioned him to follow her deeper into the cave. John got a strange, but familiar feeling. It was the feeling he got when he was about to be read in on a mission, the kind of mission no one wants to take. It was quite unnerving. As John followed her he looked around the cave, taking a moment to admire the elaborate carvings in the cave. The faux pillars had simple swirl designs that spiraled upwards. As the pillars met the arches, the spirals seemed to unravel and spread, like branches on a tree, all over the cave ceiling. While carvings of leaves sprouted from the branches, so did other pictures. Pictures of dragons and great cities, all probably having some significance. John had been to the Sistine Chapel in person and saw the world famous ceiling, but this easily rivaled it. Michelangelo, eat your heart out.

"Do you like them?" Sasha asked, noticing John admiring the artwork.

"Absolutely! Did you do all of this?"

"Some," she replied with a shrug, "I would have liked to do more, but it's tough on the nails." Sasha then showed off her blue claws from the tip of each finger. "But most of it was done by my parents, including this one."

Sasha directed John's gaze to a mural carved into the wall next to them. The mural was set up with scenes in separate panels, like in a comic book. However this was clearly something not created by Stan Lee. The figures within each panel were very simple, like an ancient cave drawing yet detailed enough to recognize certain characteristics. As he started to read through the mural, some of the images were a bit disturbing. The first panel showed two demons, one clearly in charge, overseeing dozens of people suffering in a blazing inferno. The next panel showed the lesser demon with an army and leading some sort of revolt against the demon that was in charge. John guessed it did not go well and the next panel showed the lesser demon on it's knees, it's head hanging in defeat. The demon in charge pointing somewhere out of the picture, as if he was casting out the other demon. The next panel then showed the exiled demon with it's arms raised triumphantly while a village burned at his feet. Mothers futility attempted to protect their children, others tried to run, and others were on their knees in prayer as the firestorm consumed them.

What peaked John's interest were the next few frames. His eyes widened as he started to understand their meaning. Between two earth-like globes stood a single warrior, clad in armor and sword in hand. The next frame then showed that warrior battling against various terrifying monsters. However, it was the way this warrior was depicted fighting that caused John to start putting the pieces together. The warrior had it's sword pointed toward one of the monsters. From the tip of the sword, some sort of beam extended forward and continued until it pierced the monster, depicting a weapon that could kill from a distance but was not simply a bow and arrow. John briefly glanced down at his rifle before returning his gaze at the mural. The final panel showed the warrior and the demon fighting each other, weapons locked in an epic battle.

"What the fu..." John tried to say, turning toward Sasha. His expression showing that he understood the meaning of the mural, but refused to believe it.

"There is a delicate balance between Heaven, Hell and the mortal world," Sasha explained. "All are interconnected and one cannot exist without the other."

"Sasha, what the hell does this all mean?" John said emphatically, motioning to the mural.

The dragoness closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, trying to explain this in a calm tone. "About three thousand years ago, a demon named Solomon was cast out of Hell and exiled to the mortal world," She continued. "He had attempted to lead a revolt against Lucifer, but was defeated."

"Lucifer?" John said in disbelief, "You mean the fucking devil himself!?!?"

Sasha nodded, John had to appreciate the irony as biblical references and religious scholars have said that Lucifer himself was cast out of Heaven.

"Unlike Lucifer, Solomon does not appreciate this balance," Sasha continued. "That's why he let the revolt and that's why he continues to remain a threat. He hates the mortal world with every fiber of his being. Lucifer thought he was punishing him by sending him here, but instead he doomed us all."

Sasha looked at the panel depicting Solomon burning a village in a massive firestorm. "Solomon will stop at nothing to destroy this world, he's thought of nothing else for the last few thousand years. Every day he is nearing his goal and when he does, no one will be spared."

She then placed her hand on the image of the warrior. "It was foretold that only a warrior from another world with powerful weapons would be able to defeat him. This warrior would have a good heart, but a troubled soul. John, you're that warrior."

Sasha looked back at John, she could sense a slight bit of panic as her words set in. She spent her life training, readying herself for this moment. The moment where she would recognize the warrior that the prophecy foretold. She spent years studying human behavior, even going as far as secretly living among them. Most self-proclaimed heroes and warriors would gladly accept the task of saving the world. But their only motives would be for fame and glory. The true warrior would only accept because it was the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry to say this, but I think you have the wrong guy," John said apprehensively as he ran his fingers through his hair, showing his discomfort. "I am not a 'Great Warrior' or 'Savior of the World'. I'm not supposed to be here, my being here was an accident."

"There are no accidents, only the path that has been laid out before us. You are here because fate has brought you here."

"For fuck sake woman," John yelled, "Did you not see me try to fight the dragon? If I can't defeat one dragon, how can I stop the fucking apocalypse?"

"The belly is the weakest point for a dragon," Sasha replied.

John exhaled frustratingly, burying his face in his hand. "I don't understand your world, Sasha. I cannot fight what I can't understand."

"But you will learn, and what you learn will help you to defeat Solomon. This is the path that fate has chosen for you."

John was still not comforted by her words. He knew a bad mission when he saw one and every instinct told him that he was up against something more powerful than he could imagine. But wait, when the hell did he allow fate to dictate his life? Even though he figured that he would likely die on the battlefield, it was a fate he chose for himself. He had a choice in this too, and he would choose to walk away.

"Sorry, not interested," John said shrugging his shoulders as he turned to leave.

"So you are not going to help us? You will simply make us wait for the coming destruction?" Sasha pleaded.

"Not my problem."

Perhaps he was right, he was not the one to save this world. But she was not going to give up on him just yet. Sasha cracked a smile as she had one more way to find out if John was the warrior she had been waiting for. There was one key thing that would help her. While not depicted in any writings, her parents told her that the warrior would have a troubled past. As a result, this warrior would feel alone and empty. With the training from her parents combined with her own study of human social engineering, she knew exactly how to push him.

"So who do you have waiting for you back home?" Sasha asked.

John stopped walking and turned to face her, "Excuse me?"

"Who do you have waiting for you that makes you want to return to your world so badly? Your wife?"

"I'm not married," John replied, showing his left hand to show the absence of a ring on his finger.

"What about a lover?"

He simply shook his head in response. John didn't have anyone back home, but his thoughts quickly turned to Lydia. If anything, she would have been his reason to remain in this world. But that apparently was out of the question now. Sasha cracked a small, predatory smile at his response. At least she knew now that he was available in case she decided to act on her desires.

"Any family whatsoever to go home to? Even your parents?" Sasha inquired.

Again, John shook his head sadly. "They're all...um...not around," he replied trying to hide the sorrow in his voice.

"Interesting," Sasha said while narrowing her eyes, she had him. The expression on his face, the tone in his voice, she knew the pressure point to go after and she planned to exploit it. She knew that she would probably be ripping open some of his old wounds, but it was necessary for her to find out. Then she could be absolutely sure about him.

"Tell me John," Sasha asked inquisitively, "How did your parents die?"

"What?" John replied, completely shocked. How the hell did she know that his parents were dead? John though he had been careful not to reveal too much. He kept his answers short, simple, but not too revealing. However, Sasha was reading him like an open book and his reaction of surprise only confirmed her guess.

"When they died, did they die peacefully of old age...or were they taken from you?" Sasha pressed.

johneb87
johneb87
833 Followers