New Life in a New World Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
johneb87
johneb87
835 Followers

"I'm sorry," Ulfric lied to his weeping friend, "He attacked me then killed her before I could intervene. I was able to slay him before he could go after your daughter."

"Anara!" Radulf cried, his tears matting the fur just below his eyes as he cradled the body of his mate. "I'm so sorry I was not able to protect you. I love you so much."

He carefully removed the crying infant from her arms. "Shhh, it's ok Lydia," he whispered, "I won't let anything happen to you."

Behind him, Ulfric slowly rose to his feet. A smile formed on his face, satisfied with his handiwork. Everything suddenly went dark. Radulf, Ulfric, the infant, and the palace disappeared and Lydia was left alone in the dark. She suddenly felt a surge of pain in her head, like it was being crushed. She screamed as the pain became unbearable.

"It's time for you to die now little girl," the demonic voice laughed.

The pressure soon turned into a burning feeling, like her head was on fire. She couldn't take much more. However all of her senses were completely blocked by the telepathic abilities of the creature. She knew that she was physically in the cave and only a few feet from her enemy, but it was like she was trapped in her own mind. She would have to break Ikuzar's hold on her.

Lydia then remembered a conversation she had with her father when she was still training. She thought that the topic of the conversation was odd and had almost forgotten about it, until now. Her father told her about creatures that could get inside her head and attack the very mind itself. They would locate a fear or any other negative thought buried deep in the subconscious and exploit it, like pouring salt on a wound. But her father told her that the way to break the hold was to focus on a happy memory, then use that memory to think about what she most desired.

She squinted her eyes shut and tried to push her mind past the pain. Lydia tried to pick her most recent pleasurable memory and one easily came to mind. It was the first night she spent with John. She remembered the first time he held her in his arms, how she felt like she could melt into him. The way she felt so filled when he took her virginity and made her a woman. She imagined his warm body pressed against her own, how they fit so well together. How she loved the feeling of her legs wrapped around his back and her hands on his chest. She could relive that night again for an eternity.

But what about her future? What did she deeply desire? Her mind placed her in a small house, just outside Wolfdell. She stood on the porch, leaning against the railing as she looked out to the valley. Smiling as a warm summer breeze flowed through her hair. The sun was beginning to set, the warm light highlighted the golden dried grass and slightly muting the green colors of the surrounding forest. She heard laughter not too far in front of her. Out in the field she saw John with two half-lycan children...their children! They were both only a few summers in age, a boy and a girl. Their daughter had her long, white hair while their son had his father's dark hair. The three of them were running around the grassy meadow, playing a game of tag. Laughter filled the air as their son tackled his father. John got up and playfully chased him back. The young soldier looked back up at Lydia and gave her a warm smile. He was not someone who had to worry about Solomon, or prophecies, or even his past. He was a man at peace and happy with his life. The happiness she felt at this moment was indescribable, she so badly wanted this to be real. This is what she wanted...to live her life with him.

When she reopened her eyes, the sight of the cave came back to her. She still felt quite a bit of pain as the creature continued it's assault on her mind, but she now had her opening. She looked up and spotted the gangly creature in front of her, his eyes narrowed as he tried to regain his telepathic grip on her. His attack was getting stronger, but she only needed a few moments. She was able to get herself back on one knee and give herself a firm footing. Lydia then bolted forward at the speed of lightning, grabbing the handle of her katana. Her view started to fade to tunnel vision as the demon tried even harder to take back control of her mind. But she was resolute and as she neared, the demon's eyes shot open and the creature let out a high pitched scream. Looking into the wolf girl's determined eyes, it was the first time he ever felt fear. In one swift and fluid motion, the half-lycan unsheathed her katana and swiped it at neck level. She only felt a little resistance against her sword as she struck. Ikuzar gave her a blank stare of disbelief before his head rolled off his shoulders and tumbled onto the floor, his body soon collapsed afterward.

Lydia stared down at her slain opponent, the monster that had just caused her so much pain now dead on the ground. It was at this moment that she realized that this was her first real kill. Not an animal for food or a mindless imp, but an intelligent creature. Only now did she feel that rush from killing an equally capable foe. That incredible feeling of being at the brink of death yet still emerging as the victor. A smile crept across her face as she gave her a blade a flick and shook off the black blood before sheathing her sword. There was a sense of excitement that she wanted to tell John about.

John! Her eyes shot open as she turned around and once again saw his rifle laying on the ground. He was still in trouble! She quickly found the exit to the chamber and followed it deeper into the labyrinth. She tried to hold back the icy fear that gripped her heart as she tried to keep some hope that the man she loved was still alive.

******************************

A high pitched inhuman scream echoed throughout the cave, filling every corridor and chamber. Then as quickly as it started, the shriek was suddenly silenced. Lilith stopped gyrating her hips on top of the naked young man underneath her. She instantly recognized the source of the terrible noise and what it meant. She looked back toward the entrance to the chamber, her lips pursed in annoyance.

"That little bitch!" she growled, furrowing her brow.

She then turned back to her prey trapped between her legs, giving the helpless soldier a cruel smirk. John looked nothing like the fit, young man he normally was. Any evidence of muscle mass was gone, nothing but skin and bones. His skin was a sickly pale color and clung to his bones like a mummified corpse. The young man's dark hair turned perfectly white. His eyes sunk deeper into his sockets as he looked around with terror and confusion, completely disoriented. He took slow, dry shallow breaths that barely kept him alive. He no longer looked like a young man of twenty six years, but an elderly man on his deathbed.

The succubus sensually ran her hand down his chest, his ribs clearly visible through his skin. She had taken almost all of his life force and all that was left was his soul. All she had to do was clamp her vagina on his cock once more and milk the last of his essence. It would only take her a moment, long before his companion could intervene.

"Well, my love," she said as she ran the back of her hand down his now boney cheek. "You were wonderful and I really wish we could go for another round. But unfortunately, this is the end for you."

The succubus sat up and arched her back, her large breasts pointing toward the ceiling. Her hands ran down her body as she prepared to feast on the last of the young man's life. John's eyes widened slightly as he realized what was about to happen. But instead, Lilith paused for a moment as she looked back at the entrance. Her eyes narrowed as she looked to be contemplating something. A devious smile formed in her face as a cruel idea slipped into her head. She leaned back over her victim, her breasts pressing against his chest. Grabbing the sides of his head, she kissed his thin, dry lips. As she pulled back, a thick trail of smoke poured out of her mouth and into his. John's body convulsed beneath her as his eyes shot open, the body of the succubus keeping him restrained against the bed. As if he was inflating back up, his muscle tone returned. His skin and hair returned to their normal colors. It was not long before his body changed from a near corpse, back to the virile man he was before.

Just as Lilith finished returning the last bit of the life force she took from him, John arched his back as he gasped for air. His eyes still wide open with the look of shock and trauma. He tried to move away from the succubus, but she kept a firm grip on his head. he could not believe how inhumanly strong she was, just as strong as Sasha. Lilith tightened the grip on his head as he tried to struggle against her. Her razor sharp nails dug into his scalp as she forced his eyelids open with her thumbs. Her purple eyes stared directly into his. Something took hold of him from the inside, another presence invading his mind. He tried to lift his arms to push the female demon off of him, but could only move them a few inches before it seemed like his muscles seized up. The feeling was very much like what he experienced with Ikuzar, but with one big difference. She was not just invading his mind, but his very soul. Something inside was trying to take control of him and was succeeding.

"Until your soul leaves your body...you belong to me," Lilith said, completing her spell.

The succubus thoroughly enjoyed watching the young man struggle helplessly as her powers began to take over his body. The spell was a rather nasty one. It would latch onto his soul like a parasite, feeding off his knowledge and experiences. Once it fully took hold, he would be her slave and obey her without question. Her hold on him would be permanent, only death could break the spell.

His struggling began to lessen as he gave in. Lilith was quite surprised how easily her spell latched on to his soul. Usually the darker the soul, the more effortlessly it took over. Those men who could do no wrong, they were always much harder. Curious, she peered into his mind, looking to his past. She raised an eyebrow as she found traces of rage and unbridled hatred. The succubus then looked to his memories until she found one in particular. A devilish grin formed on her face as she saw the dark past this so called hero was trying to hide. If only his friends knew of the blood on his hands.

John's body finally went limp and his eyes glazed over. His arms laid spread out to his sides as he stared up at the ceiling. Lilith leaned in and gently kissed him on the forehead. He finally sat up and looked at the succubus with a blank stare.

"We have a guest," Lilith whispered to him sensually, "I want you to give her a proper welcome."

"Yes mistress," John replied with an evil grin.

*****************************

Lydia quickly navigated the short series of passages and stepped into another chamber illuminated by what seemed like dozens of candles. She slowed her pace, navigating the room cautiously. The stalactites and stalagmites that shot out from the ceiling and floor allowed for many hiding places. Pulling out her katana, she did her best to examine the room and tried to peer beyond the shadows. But she saw nothing. As much as this could have just been another empty chamber, something did not feel right.

She looked to the center of the room and saw an alter with bedding and sheets on top of it. There was a small feeling of hope when she did not see a body like she had feared. The half-lycan carefully approached it and was relieved when she did not see any blood. She did see spots of other fluids that had soaked into the sheets. As much as she wanted to be mad, she was far too worried about John's wellbeing to care. Reaching out her hand, she carefully felt the bed sheets. There was another sigh of relief when Lydia felt that the sheets were still warm. Someone was still close by.

The wolf girl's ears twitched when she heard the faint crunching sound of a pebble being ground into rock to her side. She quickly turned with her sword raised, ready to attack. A figure stepped out of the shadows and began to slowly approach her. Her eyes widened when she saw the figure, the strangely patterned pants and brown shirt were unmistakable. It was John. He continued toward her, head down with a tired look on his face as she lowered her sword.

"John!" she cried out joyfully as she ran toward him, "Thank the gods you're alri...."

She stopped herself short when she realized something was wrong. He stopped moving toward her and just stood there. He didn't rush forward to greet her, didn't even give her a smile to let her know he was unharmed. His eyes peered upward, giving her an unnerving cold stare. His hand slowly reached down to his thigh and unholstered his pistol.

"John? What's wrong?" Lydia asked, her voice trembling. Looking at him worryingly.

He raised up his arm and pointed the black, metal weapon directly at her. The half-lycan's eyes widened alarmingly as she heard the distinct metal click of the hammer being cocked back. In an instant, she turned and ran back toward the altar and dove over it for cover.

BANG!

Lydia heard the first gunshot behind her and the bullet whiz past her ear. Too close. She made it over to the other side of the large, stone slab as two more shots fired and impacted the altar. Pressing her back to the stone, she frantically looked around the room. What had gotten into him? Why was John trying to kill her? She bolted out from behind the altar and ran across the room. The soldier moved his arm to the side, trying to track her. Two more gunshots echoed loudly throughout the chamber, both just missing behind her. Puffs of dust spurted out of the rocky wall as the bullets impacted after missing their target. She was blessed that her lycan blood allowed her to move incredibly fast. Skidding to a halt, the wolf girl took cover behind a row of stalagmites.

"Hold still and die you bitch!" John roared.

This couldn't be John! It may have been his body and voice, but she refused to believe it was actually him. No matter how frustrated or angry he could get, she knew he wouldn't harm her. Lydia also knew that if he truly wanted her dead, he would have killed her already.

"Who are you!" the wolf girl shouted from behind her cover.

"The man whose heart you ripped out," John replied.

"You're not John!" she screamed, "He would never attack his friends!"

"Oh? What makes you so sure?" he replied curiously, "You don't think he's fed up dealing with a deceiving little cunt like you?"

The half-lycan winced as she listened to the insults thrown to her before having the courage to speak up again. "What did you do with him?"

"Oh, he's here," he laughed as he began to slowly walk over to her location. "You should hear him, screaming in terror as he's forced helplessly to watch as he murders you through his own eyes."

An ugly feeling of dread hit the pit of her stomach. She couldn't imagine how terrified John was, being trapped within his own body. Her hands shook as she tried to get a hold of herself, clinching her fists as she calmed herself down long enough to formulate a plan. Whatever was controlling him did seem to share his knowledge but not his skill, she knew the soldier was a much better marksman than he was now. Lydia carefully peeked around the stalagmite. Unfortunately, he quickly spotted her and fired. She pulled back just as the round hit the rock, showering her with small shattered pebbles. A piece of the broken bullet ricocheted off the rock, cutting her deeply in her upper right cheek. Yelping at the intense stinging pain, the half-lycan put her hand over the wound and was thankful that it missed her eye. Lydia did see what she was looking for, more specifically, what she did not see. She knew that his unique weapon required some form of ammunition and had before seen the clips that contained it. But he did not have his vest on and she could not find any other extra ammo on him. She knew that she had the advantage of speed and was not going up against his true marksmanship skills. So all she needed to do was get him to use up his ammo and then she could possibly knock him unconscious and restrain him. But in the meantime, she also needed to try and get through to him.

She spotted another large stalagmite about another fifty feet away from her. Darting out from behind her cover, she made a beeline directly toward it. The possessed man fired four more deafening shots at the fast moving wolf girl. Each one passing dangerously close but always just missing their mark. She slid behind her new cover, scraping up the skin on her knees in the process. She could feel the soft, warm trickle of blood roll down her face from her earlier wound.

"How are you going to explain this to Sasha and Sirenia?" Lydia asked.

"Ah, yes...them," John laughed as if only just now being reminded of their existence. "Little nymphs those two are. Did you know that when he slept with the dragoness, it was the most incredible sex he had ever experienced? Far better than anything he ever had with you."

Lydia tried to hold back the tears welling up in her eyes as he continued to hurl insults at her. She knew that the presence inside of him was simply trying to throw her off. But he knew exactly how to twist the knife.

"I think I'll kill Sasha last," he continued, his voice seething with malice, "I want to relish the expression on her face when I sink my blade into the necromancer's throat."

"You can fight this, John!" Lydia cried out in an attempt to get through to his real self, "This is not who you are, you would never hurt us!"

"Oh, look who's talking. You hurt him far more than anyone else could. First you pathetically crawled to him, like a bitch in heat, before saying you wanted to be with him. What you don't realize is that you gave him something he longed for, hope for a normal life. But in one fell swoop, you took that all away."

"I...I didn't mean to hurt him," she stammered, unable to hold back the tears. "I was scared. I was afraid how my kind would look at me. I was afraid of being chased out of my home after working so hard to be accepted by my people. I had the opportunity to become a real leader and I didn't want all that work to be for nothing."

"Hehe, how wonderful," the possessed John replied with a low chuckle, "You broke a man's heart for your own selfish ambitions. But you're going to be dead soon, so looks like it was still all for naught. I hope you're proud of yourself."

Lydia felt her warm tears roll down her cheek. Biting her lip, she thought about what she wanted to say next. She had been holding back her true feelings for too long now. The half-lycan had chastised him for getting involved with Sasha and Sirenia, but never gave a good reason as to why. Not only had she been lying to him, but to herself as well. She once again pictured the scene she thought of earlier, herself and John starting a family together. Too hell with what Ulfric threatened, she loved this human and no one was going to tell her otherwise. She swallowed deeply as she was ready to admit what she should had told him days ago.

"John, I know you can hear me," Lydia yelled back passionately, finding the courage to tell him the truth. "What I did was a mistake, I know that now. I don't care anymore about being accepted by my people or having to leave my home. Because I will gladly give all that up just to be with you. Do you hear me? Being with you is the only thing I want."

She didn't hear any reply back, no insults or threats. For the next few seconds, which seemed like an eternity, she remained in place and surrounded by silence. Lydia curiously looked around the stalagmite to see what John was doing. Her eyes opened in astonishment when she saw his arm holding the pistol shaking violently. The look of rage in his eyes seemed to slowly fade away. His arm began to lower as the real John was trying to break through and take control of his body back.

johneb87
johneb87
835 Followers