New Older Man Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you okay Beth?" Ron asked.

Beth's choking fit ended abruptly and she started smiling like she had never been choking at all. "Oh I'm just fine. Something must have gone down the wrong pipe."

Feeling that John had thrown down the gauntlet and Beth was only encouraging him, I decided to throw down my own gauntlet.

"Actually, John, I was thinking about moving this summer to a new house. I've been looking for something a little more private. I've found this great house that has trees up and down the property line and it borders this lovely stream."

Beth's face was turning red, and I could tell she was biting her lip.

"That sounds like a great house," Ron said. He appeared to be totally oblivious to any weird vibes. "Are you sure you're all right Beth? You look a bit red in the face," Ron asked with a concerned look on his face.

Beth coughed and said with a smile, "I'm fine, really."

I didn't feel bad for Beth. She invited John to join us.

Even if John and I were having a battle in who could be the least subtle, while still appearing completely subtle, I enjoyed having John sit across the table from me. I didn't like acting like a school girl with a crush around John. Our relationship was a full-fledged one, and eventually I wasn't going to be able to keep quiet about it.

Later that evening John came over to my house to pack up whatever I wanted to bring to his house.

"I'm sorry about earlier at lunch," he said softly.

"Don't be. It's getting to be very draining to hide our relationship. I'll be happier when it's out in the open and the rumors die down."

John raised his eyebrows, but said nothing. I could tell he didn't feel as comfortable with the idea of our relationship being made public. We'd have to talk more about it.

Very early the next morning Beth took great pleasure in ringing the door bell repeatedly. She succeeded in getting me out of bed and answering the door with nothing but a bathrobe on.

"There's one half of the couple. Where's that sexy man of yours? He should have answered the door in his robe."

"Pervert," I grumbled.

"At your service," Beth grinned.

John came down the stairs wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. "Good morning Beth," he said rather perfunctorily.

"Morning hot stuff. Are we ready to get this show on the road?"

"Beth go find yourself some breakfast in the kitchen while we get ready," I said stomping back up the stairs, while reaching out to grab John's hand to pull him up with me.

"Have fun..."

"Don't even say it Beth!"

Moving was a relatively quick process. We didn't have to move heavy things like beds or bookshelves. I grabbed a few photos, including a few of Jake and me. I packed up the rest of my shoes, and then made John carry out my flat screen TV. I ran around the house gathering up a few knick knacks, but left everything else as it was. I figured if I rented the house, I could rent it fully furnished.

Later that evening, after Beth and all her sexual innuendos went home, John and I enjoyed a nice meal out on his -- our- deck.

"Happy?" John asked.

"Yeah, I am. I like living with you. For the past month I've had someone to talk to about anything and everything. Now I get to come home to you every night. It's a great feeling."

John leaned across the table and kissed me chastely. "Did I mention I'm madly in love with you and love having you here?"

"Maybe a few times, but you can say it as often as you like," I said, leaning across the table myself to kiss John more deeply. "Oh and just so you don't worry, I'm definitely madly in love with you."

I had expected our kissing to lead to more, but John leaned back into his chair. He shifted uncomfortably.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, not really."

"Could have fooled me."

From his pocket John pulled out a small box and set it on the table. I stared blankly at it, not quite comprehending what I was looking at. The box was something important. I knew that much. John opened the box and pulled out a diamond ring. I gasped, looking at him wide eyed.

"Jan, I know I'm a lot older than you, but I can't imagine spending the rest of my life without you. Will you marry me?"

I sat silent for a moment. Suddenly, an image of Beth in a cheerleading costume popped into my mind. Beth screaming, "Give me a Y, give me an E, give me a S! What does it spell? YES!" And just like that, the word "Yes" came out of my mouth. John slipped the ring on my finger. I held it up looking at it from all different angles. "Well, I guess we'll give them something to talk about during summer school."

John chuckled and came around the table to pull me up in an embrace. "I just didn't want everyone finding out about us until I had that ring on your finger. This isn't some fling between us where I am a lucky old guy getting his rocks off with a hot young woman. I want to take care of you for as long as you'll have me."

I kissed John deeply and then pulled him through the doorway, up the stairs to our bedroom.

12