New York is Where I'd Rather Stay

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Omir and Ertan exchanged a look, then Omir said, his voice full of emotion, "I love you too, Gabor."

"And I also," Ertan echoed, smiling.

As Ertan and Omir got back into the car, Omir called out, "I'll see you Monday morning. Don't forget to call us anytime!"

"I won't," Gabor replied. He thought about what he had just said, then called back, "I mean, I won't forget. I will call you!"

Omir and Ertan drove away, enjoying the New York City winter scenes. They passed through Times' Square again, observing all the hustle and bustle and the life. Of everything that New York had to offer—the night scene, the deposits of culture, the restaurants, the many job opportunities, the myriad different stores—in the end it was the city's sense of life that so appealed to both Omir and Ertan. As they drove home they did not speak much, but the entire time they exchanged tender smiles and held hands. Words were not necessary.

Gabor Bolyai entered his apartment and greeted Tómi, who jumped into his arms and rubbed himself against his chest. He turned on the lights and adjusted the temperature. Having given the cat some milk, he sat down on his couch and flipped on the television. He did not really watch, however, as he thought about how lucky he was. Normally he hated coming home to his lonely apartment; even Tómi offered only small comfort. Today, however, he knew that he no longer had any reason to be lonely. That knowledge was both profoundly reassuring and liberating. Gabor had been wounded, first by his father and later by Laszlo, and he had carried the scars for far too long. Now he could finally let them heal, move on, and never look back. As the day turned into evening and the evening turned into night, his heart was filled with serenity and joy. He went out on the town for the first time in weeks, eating out, checking out stores, and catching a Broadway show. His life had changed, and it was fantastic.

Fin