Nicholas' Bargain Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
redsoles
redsoles
295 Followers

"Weakening him? But what do you mean? He's not human, how can he suffer-"

"Were you not you his by right? His to own, to use as was his will?" he arched a brow.


"I was promised to him," she affirmed. "But he let me go...he didn't want me. He was sickened by us all -- he couldn't have fled the room quicker."

"And you'd best believe he was punished heartily for that noble, selfless -- pathetic, mind -- act. Poor, lovesick fool that he is," he shook his head in disgust. "And now you know that we can all appreciate a measure of suffering -- it's not confined just to you mortals. Though it takes a foolish Demon to allow such frivolous emotions to rule him for the Council to punish us," this, a clear jibe at Nicholas.

Feeling weak and bewildered at these stunning words, Lara stumbled over to the straight-backed wooden chair by the window as his words penetrated her mind and gained clarity. In contrast to her feverish musings, her companion looked thoroughly unperturbed by her dismay as he rubbed at his belly casually.

"Listen -- I have a girl popping by soon. Lovely Leticia. Or was it Leonie?" he frowned at the ceiling but dismissed the uncertainty with a flick of his hand. "Anyway, It's been fun but..." his eyed strayed suggestively to the door.

"I can't leave," Lara looked at him urgently. "Not now -- not after what you've told me!"

At this, the man frowned and for the first time Lara was subjected to a hard face where before she had only seen this friend of Nicholas as light and easy and her skin prickled in awareness at the realisation of what exactly she was dealing with.

"I'll go," she promised him, rising, "but only after you explain."

The man rolled his eyes at her pleading expression and swiftly swung his feet to the floor, placing his palms on his knees as he leaned forward.

"Did he or did he not refuse the sacrifice owed to him?" at her nod, he explained, "when a bargain is initially made with a mortal, a Demon such as myself takes a risk and gives a little part of himself in exchange until the time comes to collect...non-fulfilment is an inconvenience but not a complete disaster. For one, we can punish the disobedient mortal and use him as the slave he then becomes to do our biding as we see fit. However -- where the bargain is fulfilled but the Demon refuses the sacrifice, it depletes him. I tell you, it is a rare thing for Demon to refuse a human sacrifice and I myself have only ever heard stories of such a vulgar thing. Why else do you think we even venture to your world?" he cocked a fair brow. "Well, I have my own reasons," he looked wistfully toward the door, "but it's necessary every hundred or so years in the very least to bargain with a mortal to keep one sated and filled. Energized, if you will."

"And now he's suffering -- because of me."

"And now he's suffering because of you," the man repeated her flat phrase quietly. "And now I'm suffering, too, for I swear my cock is as hard as a post and it's damnably uncomfortable. Come on," he nodded his head at the door. "Off with you." He rose then and made a shooing motion for good measure, now unconcerned with his friend's plight as other more pressing matters goaded him.

Lara turned toward the door and reluctantly allowed his hand on her back to guide her out but at the doorway she paused and turned, trembling slightly as varying emotions swarmed within her. She was wary yet ultimately uncaring of this creature's potentially cruel mood at her stubbornness to submit to his will.

"I must see him -- there must be a way," she uttered.

Far from greeting her continued presence -- and demand - icily, the Demon appeared initially bemused at her plea but then his eyes narrowed in hostility. "Haven't you caused enough damage?"

Her breath caught at the implication -- the implication that had taken root ever since she had set eyes on this creature and listened intently to his references to Nicholas and that she was now certain of; that Nicholas had let her go not to be rid of her as she had thought, but as an act of pure selflessness on his part.

And then there was the fact that the Demon had described Nicholas as lovesick...no, it cannot not be! Lara's heart cried in mutual fear and joy at the sheer possibility.

She summoned before her then, the clearest image she had of him; that of the veiled yet vulnerable light in his eyes she had glimpsed on few occasions in their too brief acquaintance; the unguarded expression that made her feel weak with something she had never before put a name to -- mostly due to shame and denial -- but which she now accepted. Such a thing was certainly true now that she had learned of Nicholas plight because of her -- of his selflessness of freeing her father; of freeing Cole. Of freeing herself... and all at his own cost and detriment.

She shook her head and despised herself for the tears that impaired her vision. "He was here and then he was gone - I hardly knew him and yet he consumed my very soul. I shall never forget him. I know now that he is not the evil, conscienceless beast your kind is claimed to be by my own," she looked searching at the face regarding her with careful eyes.

"Indeed," the Demon nodded, assessing her tears, "for we share many similarities with you mortals; your desires for the flesh, for one."

A cloying voice behind Lara gave evidence to this and the heavy scent of musk assailed her nose and she took the opportunity to swiftly dry her tears. She eyed the man before her reproachfully as a busty female pushed her aside and entered the room. Indeed, there were few differences for Demon males had just as much of a one track mind as humans. But how could he be intent on lust after he had delivered such wondrous, inconceivable tidings to her? Didn't he know how that right now her very core was soaring high and hovering in restlessness?

Lara was desperate to see Nicholas, to touch him, to hear his voice...but as she eyed the Demon, a softness settled within her at the confirmation to her thoughts. Demons...she knew nothing of their kind save for what was confined to religious texts and holy preachings but now she knew such teachings to be far off the mark for here was a Demon who was impatient, not to slay and torture her as was taught by holy men, but one who was instead desperate to be rid of her so as to plunge himself into the seductive female who was currently rubbing her heavy breasts against his arms, much to his delight.

He went to close the door in Lara's face then but with a fierce conviction she placed one small booted foot over the threshold into his room and prevented the movement, shaking her head defiantly.


"I need to see him."

"Mica?" the shrill query from the black haired woman was accusing as she glanced at Lara then back to the Demon -- Mica.

Mica gave the wench a ceasing glance and though she glowered, she was cowed by the wordless, compelling command and said no more, only pouted and placed a proprietary palm on his shirt covered chest, eyeing Lara challengingly.

"Give me one good reason why I should help you -- why I should trouble myself?" his cool, slightly hostile tones said he would remain ever loyal to his friend and Lara met his look levelly, feeling a confidence grow within her as she replied with perfect truth,

"Because I love him."

redsoles
redsoles
295 Followers