Night Class Ch. 01

Story Info
Allison meets Bill in night class.
1.9k words
4.5
37k
8
0

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/04/2022
Created 03/02/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1: The First Date

Allison was thinking about her new job, contemplating why she was going out to teach an adult night class. All those years of college and student teaching had passed quickly as she raced toward her goal of being a teacher. Then, just as the joy of being on her own with her first job was hitting her, her student loans began coming due. She tried to budget the best she could, but when it came to omitting a few meals a week, Ally felt sure something else needed to be done. About that time, she saw a sign on the bulletin board about night classes. They needed teachers to work with adults wanting to take courses after hours to improve themselves. The sign listed all the classes available. Ally noted that several of them would be something she could do and enjoy. By working for one evening a week, she could start paying her loans and still buy groceries! She took down all the information and decided to call that afternoon.

So, now she was dressing for her first class. Allison was a petite woman, more a girl really. She barely reached five feet tall. Her coloring was Mediterranean, with dark brown eyes, fringed by long, luxurious lashes that curled prettily. She had a nearly constant blush to her cheeks and a smile on her face. The impression she gave most people was of a very nice, polite, sweet girl who would be a good friend. She knew most of the students would be older than she, so she was trying to dress conservatively and maturely. She wore a "church" dress and low heels. She couldn't decide whether to leave her long, dark hair down or put it up in a bun. She tried both, but felt much older with it up. She wasn't a make-up user, but tonight she did wear some Grapeberry gloss. She looked into the mirror, admiring her "older" look, when really, she looked adorably like a little girl playing grown up.

She drove her lovely first car to the high school and parked in the teacher's lot. It took her awhile to find the classroom, the numbers seemed to have been haphazardly assigned to doors. She wandered up and down the halls, trying to find the elusive room number she needed. Finally, after trying three different floors, she came to her classroom. She had been assigned English Literature, a class she had excelled in at school. Even with all her difficulties, she arrived early. She entered and placed her books on the desk. She slipped her purse into the drawer and opened the windows, allowing in the brisk fall air. She stood at the window and looked into the night, thinking how very grown up she was, how ready to take on the world. She inhaled deeply of the fresh air and turned back to her desk. She settled in her desk chair, her feet dangling, and looked through the assigned agenda, and examining her notes made in bright red ink.

Almost immediately, people started entering the room. A few of them seemed to know one another and hugged and selected desks together. Some of the students looked extremely old, and she wondered why they were there. Certainly none of them were going to upgrade a job or position at this late date. Two younger women came in, looking sullen and moving to the very back of the room. Then Ally noticed a man walking in alone. He was tall and slender. His sandy hair was short and neatly combed. He wore a torquoise knit shirt and some nicely faded jeans. His loafers were recently polished and looked new. He looked around the room and then picked the desk immediately in front of hers. He gave her a shy smile and opened his book.

The first class went nicely. They spent some time getting to know one another, sharing names and their reason for taking the class. Everybody was interested in the class except the two girls in the back, who were coming as a punishment for bad grades.

As a Allison began to know her students, she loved them all. The middle-aged folks who thought that a few classes would improve their lives. The older women who came to class just because they loved learning. Even the angry young women who were learning despite themselves. But when she thought of her class, her mind always returned to Bill. He was an incredibly gifted student, actually reading the assignments and writing the papers. He had a grasp of literature that was very unique. Every week, he took his seat in front of her, smiling with his adorably shy smile, and gladly shared his insights with the class.

During the study period each evening, Allison found herself secretly examining him. He was a very good looking man who seemed not to know it. His eyes were a beautiful shade of blue, his face clean of any facial hair. He wore no jewelry, just a very practical watch. Each week his shirt was a different color, but always nicely ironed and tucked into his very well-fitting jeans. As the weeks passed and the weather became cooler, Ally occasionally saw his hard little nipples pressed against his shirt and it made her tingle, just a litte. He mesmerized her. His voice was soft, yet commanding. When he spoke, she found herself listening intently. As he studied, he had an endearing little habit of moving his lips, just the tiniest bit, as if talking to himself. She found herself wishing she could be close to that lovely mouth, to hear his words.

Ally tried to make class fun. She planned little parties for each holiday. The class was becoming a family. She loved the way these people took learning seriously, seemed to absorb her words as they flowed from her. Bill, in particular, was very attentive. As she stood before them, lecturing on the Lake Poets, it seemed he almost pulled the lecture from her.

She felt like their daughter. Everyone seemed to have an interest in her private life. Except Bill. He never asked or joined in the teasing about her "special man". He was always respectful and polite, smiling happily as he sat in his desk and worked hard.

The class before Thanksgiving was a particularly good one. It seemed everyone had read the assignment and wanted to be heard. Class ran over by nearly an hour. It was late and very cold as they finally walked out of the building. Ally got into her trusty little car and inserted her key. Nothing happened. She tried again, with no results. This had never happened to her before and she was unsure what to do. The school was already locked up and everyone was gone. She had never been able to afford a cell phone, now she wished she had eaten less and gotten one. As she sat in the cold car, feeling very young and alone, there was a tap on her window. She jumped. Then she saw Bill's dear face, smiling at her. She opened the window, explaining the car problem and he offered her his assistance. When he told her to open the hood, he was met with a look of complete bafflement. It made him chuckle, and he was glad he secretly stayed each night until Ally was in her car and then followed her home, just to make sure she arrived safely.

Her car was a vintage model, the sort young people buy for their first vehicle. Bill got the hood up and stared in amazement at the motor of yesteryear. None of the digital this and electronic that. The only thing that looked even vaguely familiar was the battery. He shook his head and admitted he didn't have a clue about her car. As he said it, she seemed ready to cry.

"Why don't we go get some hot cocoa and then I will take you home. I will have my mechanic look at your car in the morning and give you an update. You don't have school tomorrow, so he can call you at home and let you know. And I will be glad to give you a few lifts until it is fixed."

Allison looked up at Bill with a quivering smile. Everytime she felt truly grown up, something like this happened and she was reduced to a helpless girl. Bill was so nice, though, that she found herself agreeing to everything he suggested. He held her elbow protectively as he guided her to his car and helped her in. Then he went back to "Bruno", carefully locking all the doors and making sure it was safe. She watched him move efficiently around her car, being so careful and respectful with her property. As he approached her, she took in the smooth way he walked, so sure of himself, so in charge. She really liked that. Because he was older, she told herself that he was a father figure and she simply liked the way he protected her.

Bill drove them to a nearby family restaurant. It was late and there were not many customers. The hostess led them to a quiet corner booth and handed them menus. Bill ordered hot chocolate and sticky buns for both of them. He helped her remove her coat, his hand brushing her arm, causing her to shiver. Ally felt his touch deep inside her body, the electricity he created in her. This had been building all semester, but she had denied it. Now, sitting beside him in a cozy booth, she felt the attraction nearly overwhelm her.

Bill was charming. He told her stories about the commodities business and funny anecdotes about his favorite customers. He made her smile and laugh, and feel very comfortable. Their cocoa and sweets arrived. She daintily used her fork to cut the bun, but Bill picked his up and took a big bite, leaving caramel on his mouth. Ally found herself wishing she could just lean over and lick his lips, cleaning the gooey stuff and tasting him. As soon as the thought passed through her mind, she mentally shook her head and admonished herself to stop this silliness. Here was a man, a grown up, who probably thought of her as a daughter. She had to stop fantasizing about him!

She found him so easy to talk with. They sat there for hours, sharing stories of silly youth, college and finally adulthood. He made her feel his equal, not a young girl in the grown up world.

It seemed like only minutes later that the waitress started clearing the table and making closing up sounds. Bill helped Ally into her coat and escorted her to his car. They continued talking all the way home, nearly tripping over their words in their haste to share. At her apartment, once again Bill opened her car door and protectively guided her into the building. At her door, he handed her his card, and instructed her to call him in the morning after she heard from the mechanic. He stood there until he heard her locks turn and then walked away, smiling.

In her apartment, Ally was dancing around, undressing for bed, smiling to herself over her lovely evening. She held his card, reading his name and grinning. It never even occurred to her that he knew where she lived without asking.

To Be Continued...