Night Eternal Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But I... Oh I met him a few nights ago. His name is Ron, what did he do? He came in a short time ago. He was very scared, said he had seen something I wouldn't believe... I don't understand, what's going on?"

"He did see something! Something he wasn't supposed to see. Did he mean anything to you?"

He smiled, "Other than a good fuck? No, not really!" I noticed then that he looked at Ron for the first time since all this started. His eyes were drawn to the blood.

"He is still alive at the moment. Why don't you fill up?"

"What?"

"Look, Nick I don't have time to explain right now. But what you need right now is nourishment." I reached down and picked Ron up and jammed a clawed finger in his neck. Then I offered Ron's neck to Nick. His hunger got the better of his senses. He took Ron and greedily drained him.

After Ron was drained, we placed him on the couch, swapped his ID with Nick's, spilled some alcohol on him from a bottle of whisky, lit a cigarette, put it in his hand and placed his hand on his chest. "Ok, it is only a matter of time before that cigarette starts a fire! Let's get out of here." We made our way out the window and down the fire escape.

We drove out of the city to the top of a local hill and took Roth to a secluded area. We placed him in a prime spot open to the eastern sky. "Well Roth, I hope you enjoy the afterlife!" I told him as we left him there. The look on his face was worth the price of admission.

As we were driving back to the city, I explained to Nick the basics of what was going on.

"Ok, so let me get this straight. I am a Vampire. I can no longer see any of my family and I may die before the day is out anyway, along with both of you! And you are both completely calm about it!"

"Well we have been in worse situations, right Brad!"

"Yea, remember the time Roth got kill happy and killed that elder's new child? I thought we were all dead." We both laughed a bit.

"And Nick, you are a Vampire, just not quite like they are in the movies. Unfortunately, your family will think you burned up in that fire. To them you will be dead! The alternative was that you would have been dead anyways. Cheer up though, Ryan will be with us soon!" Brad smiled at me. He had known my plan and was looking forward to meeting the guy that had stolen my heart. Nick still looked confused.

"So what is the plan Coby?" Brad asked. I had been waiting for him to ask it. We had just committed a grievous crime in our world.

"Well, the story is that Roth, upon learning that Nick was an old friend, took an opportunity to hurt me. Everyone knew how much he hated working under me. So, out of spite, he turned a good friend of mine because he knew it would get under my skin. However, that was a breach of tradition because we both knew he did not have permission from the Archon. So, we felt that we needed to bring him to justice. Roth was despised by most of the elders because of his recklessness. I doubt he will be seriously missed. I think however we need to go to Chris about this first so he can help with Remington."

"So who will be his sire?"

"I was thinking about suggesting you!"

"ME!"

"Yea, you're ready, besides I'm going to hopefully have my hands full in a few weeks. And, I've seen the way your aura shifts when you look at him!" I just smiled at Brad. Brad had that hand caught in the cookie jar look.

"Ummm... Wait a minute! Do I get a say here?"

"What is the matter Nick? You've had a hard-on since you laid eyes on Brad! I think you two would make a cute couple!" I said chuckling.

"Coby! Since when have you thought two guys make a cute couple? I thought you were mister straight as an arrow!"

"A lot has changed in five months Nick!"

"I'd say... You should see his choice in meals!" Brad finally chimed in, laughing.

On the way to Chris's mansion, I called him and asked if he and Jason could meet us as soon as possible. He said that Jason was there and they would wait for us to arrive. It was getting late, almost 4:00am and we had a lot to accomplish in the short time before sunrise.

When we arrived, I asked Nick to wait in the entrance hall for a minute. We entered the Great hall and Chris and Jason were seated in the chairs across from the couch. We entered, bowed and took a seat on the couch.

"Chris, we have just completed the job for the Archon, however, there has been a snag, two snags to be precise and we may be in big trouble over it. We need your help."

"I will do what I can! What does the problem pertain to?"

I took a deep breath. I had already decided I would tell them the truth, as well as the lie we planned to use. "Well, a break in the traditions. First, Roth is dead."

Jason seemed a bit taken aback. He was Roth's sire. "Not that I really have any concern for the idiot, but why did you feel you needed to kill him?" he asked.

Brad spoke up, "He had been planning a way to make sure Coby had an accident for months. I have had to be extra observant the last few weeks, because all of the face that Roth had been losing as of late he blamed on Coby. We have been both getting tired of cleaning up his messes."

"Roth has been a hassle the whole time he has been working for me. I just felt I should pick my battles and take him out before he did the same to me. Tonight an opportunity presented itself and that is the other problem and possibly the worse of the two."

"What could possibly be worse?"

"Ok, Nick you can come in now!" Chris's aura flashed of anger. I knew this might have been a big mistake. Then, his expression changed. I think he must have noticed Nick's Vampiric aura. "Chris, Jason, May I introduce Nicholas Cartwright."

"Coby, this may be beyond my help!" he looked deep in thought as a flash of recognition sparkled in his eye. "I know you... oh yes! You were with Coby the night I took him. He is one of your friends Coby? Well then I believe you should start at the beginning."

Nick sat down on the couch with Brad while I stood in front of the fireplace explaining how we tracked down the subject. He had fled to Nick's new apartment. We entered, took them both down and then I saw Nick. I explained the conversation we had and the resulting conversion of Nick.

"...and we left Roth staked on top of Crain's hill. He is technically still alive for the next hour or so."

"So I take it that your story will be that Roth turned Nick and you took him out, as he was in violation of the law!" Chris crossed to the wetbar and poured himself a drink. "Well if it was anyone else, you would never get away with it, but Roth has garnered enough powerful enemies I doubt he'll be missed. Are you ok with this Jason? He was your child!"

"Do I really have to claim that? He was a big mistake. I have no problem. However, what are we going to do with Nick here? He is sire less and he will need guidance."

"Well, we thought that maybe Brad could take Nick on as a charge." I spoke up.

"Is that what you want Brad?" Chris asked.

"Yes, I would like that!"

"You have never shown interest before in being a sire."

"I have been waiting for the right person." Brad was smiling broadly.

"Alright then, we need to leave at once. The longer we wait to face the Archon the worse it could be. Luckily the Archon likes both of you."

We traveled to the Archon's home. We pulled in at around 4:50am. Time was running short. We walked into the audience hall. Archon Remington was sitting at his desk. A slight woman sat just behind Remington, she was his personal assistant. I knew Price had to be around, but good luck finding him. He was a master of the art of hiding in plain sight. He was the Archon's personal bodyguard.

"Ah, so I suppose that you have completed my task... but you have brought an ensemble with you. Christopher it is good to see you and you too Jason. What brings you here this morning?"

"Well, Coby did complete your mission tonight but there has been a complication. It would seem that Roth has broken the tradition of creating a child without your permission."

"What! Where is that insolent punk I will gut him myself! Of course, I'm sorry to say Jason I will have to call a hunt out on him at once!"

"That won't be necessary Remington. Coby and Brad have taken care of Roth for you."

"Have they now! So the newcomer before me would be his ill-gotten progeny then."

"Yes Archon. May I present to you, Nicholas Cartwright."

"Ah yes! Well at least one tradition will be kept tonight. So, who will take on the responsibility of this neonate?"

"Bradley wishes to take on his training and to become responsible for his actions."

"This will be acceptable. I welcome you to my city young Nicholas. Be mindful of your segregate sire. I think rather highly of him and I believe he will teach you well. So tell me how you plugged our breach young Coby!"

I began our story of how we tracked down Ronald Brown to the university district, to Nick's new apartment. How we entered without opposition and took down the two people inside. I then told how, after Roth had found out that Nick was a friend from my former life, he proceeded to turn him to spite me. I also explained how we left Ron. Finally, how we dealt with Roth's indiscretion, "And he should be a crispy pile of ash in a few minutes."

"Remind me to never get on your bad side Coby..." Remington chuckled. "Well that will be more than acceptable. You have done well tonight. A breach to our security is a very serious matter and you sealed it quickly with little effect to the outside world. You are clean and efficient, which is more than I can say for most of the others. You have proven over and over again to be a loyal subject."

"Thank you Archon." I said with a bow.

"You keep this up and I assure you, you will get whatever it is that you wish! Now I think we should call this meeting short as the sun will be creeping up very soon."

"Thank you Remington, by your leave." Chris bowed, turned and we all walked out of the hall.

___________________________

Next:

Desperation

___________________________

12