Night Walker's Woman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,495 Followers

"Adios," said the older woman.

Jaycee closed her eyes and thanked whatever was out there for small favors. At least, Angel was having a good day. Of course, she knew that would not always be the case. Her daughter's seizures were uncontrolled. She had seen the best doctors in Dallas and Houston. Numerous tests at the Children's Hospital had revealed nothing in terms of the cause of her child's epilepsy.

Neither she or Sean had the illness or anyone in their families that they knew of. The doctors could see no abnormality in Angel's brain despite numerous MRIs and CAT scans. But for whatever reason, her child had seizures, several a day usually and more when she slept.

If it were not for the help of Lupe, a retired pediatric nurse, Jaycee did not know how she would be able to manage returning to work. She had taken a five year break from her once all-consuming career when her daughter began having seizures.

Angel had been just eight months old she had the first one. It has scared her and Sean to death when their daughter's eyes rolled back in her head, her tiny body stiffening then shaking uncontrollably. Her lips had begun to turn blue as her father dialed nine-one-one.

It had been the beginning of the end for their seven year marriage. She had become consumed with finding the answers to what ailed their child. While Sean had continued on his path to fame, money and ultimately the White House, if he had his way.

But she did not have time for a walk through the minefield of mistakes from her past, she needed to focus on the business at hand. Clear her head. Deal with this man. And get on her way as quickly as possible. Back to her daughter. Back to the only thing that really mattered.

Not some unrealistic fantasy about good-looking blond Adonis with striking eyes and a body that should be on the cover of her favorite cowboy romance. What would he look like without that soft chambray shirt?

He walked over to her, shaking his head slowly. "You were doing so well there for a while, Mitawa Naya."

"Excuse me? I don't know what game you are playing, Mister Ranger. What does that mean anyway? It's not Spanish, I know that much," once more Jaycee choose standing and fighting over fleeing. Although this time something dark inside of her warned that fleeing was her only hope.

"Nothing, a nickname in Lakota."

"Lakota? You don't look very Native American to me, Mister Ranger."

"Looks can be deceiving, Miss Riley. Wouldn't you agree?" his eyes bore into her. And something told her that this man knew far more than he should. Far more than she wanted him to.

But rather than delay, she got straight to the business at hand. "Were you serious about finding a compromise?" He nodded and she continued before he could speak. She forced her mind to take control before her body could betray her once more. And it was most definitely trying to do just that as she felt the blood rush to her cheeks and lower still, just from the man's stare.

"I have a small farm, about an hour outside of Houston. Waller County. I use it as a petting zoo and Equine Assisted Therapy for special needs children. Let me take custody of the horses until this matter is resolved by the civil courts."

He shook his head, "Why would the ASPCA do that, Miss Riley?"

"Because I am sure that the care and upkeep of such animals must be placing a severe burden upon the ASPCA's limited resources, Mister Ranger," she fought back the unusual urge to reach out, brush back the curl that fell on his forehead.

But she knew that not only would the action be decidedly unprofessional, she would not be able to stop. The image of her fingers wrapped through the soft curls, pulling him closer, those lips closing over hers raced like the thoroughbreds through her mind.

"Fuck," he spat, drawing back to the moment.

"Excuse me, Mister Ranger. But I think that my offer is more than fair, the compromise that you seek," she needed to finish this. Finish it quickly and get away from this man. The irrational things that his mere presence was doing to her sex-starved body.

That must be it. She needed to get laid. It was that simple. She tried to remember how long it had been. She and Sean had stopped having relations long before their divorce was filed. Two years? Three?

"Stop it. Now," he growled through gritted teeth. "I do not need to know how long it has been since another man has touched you, Mitawa Naya. All that will matter is that I will be the last man who ever does."

His words splintered her mind in a dozen pieces. How could he possibly know what she had been thinking? But he obviously did. What did Mitawa Naya mean? She had the distinct feeling it meant something far deeper than just any nickname. And why would his words that sounded so ominous, like something a stalker would say to his victim, why would those words cause her heart to pound so loudly that she feared it would burst from her chest?

"Because you are my very breath, and that is what it means. Mitawa Naya means my breath. We need to get the hell out of here now." He checked his watch. "Four fifteen. We should be able to just miss the worst of the traffic if we leave now."

"Leave now? Go where? If you think I am going anywhere with you, Mister Ranger, you are badly mistaken. You," she searched for the right word. Why was it that this man who she had just met could leave her so speechless.

"It's mutual, sweetheart. But if you want me to agree to this ridiculous compromise of placing one point two million dollars worth of prime horse flesh on a fucking kiddie's pony farm, you can damned well bet I'm going to see the place first. What my body wants aside, I have a god damned job to do and my brain is not that addled by your smell, the sound of your heart beating faster than war drums or those vivid images of me fucking those pretty little brains of yours right out of both our ever-loving minds."

He placed his hand under her elbow once more. Jaycee tired to pull back but his fingers bit into the tender flesh until she winced. He loosened his hold immediately, turning to her, "My apologies, Mitawa Naya. I would never hurt you. That much you can count upon. You may be the only person that is safe from me, right now. But you have my word on it."

She shook her head, "This is a bad idea." but she followed him down the steps and across the parking lot to her car. "I'll give you the address. You can follow me. Or use GPS?"

"No, I will come with you," he replied with an intensity that took her breath away. "It is safer."

She shook her head, "For whom? Look, Mister Ranger. My farm is over an hour outside of Houston. How do you expect to get back once we are finished with our business?"

"I will run," he replied as he towered over her.

A soft chuckle escaped her throat, but suddenly his hand covered it. His grip was firm, but not enough to cut off her airway, but certainly enough to force her head back up. To stare once more into those eyes that scared her more than anything ever had, well almost anything.

"And we will never be finished with what is between, Jaycee. My sanity and the safety of many people depend upon that," she would have argued with him, asked him a hundred different questions.

Except suddenly his mouth that she had dreamt about from the moment they met in the courtroom covered hers. His teeth nibbled at her lower lip. His tongue licked at it. Until she moaned softly, melting against his much larger body. Then everything fled her mind, all thought, all reason, sanity itself, as her arms wrapped about his neck drawing him closer. Her tongue found his, wrapped about it, tasted him. She moaned deeper. The sound swallowed by his mouth as his hand found her breast. She arched into his touch.

Then just as suddenly it was gone. He was gone. She reeled against her car, stumbling a bit. His hand on her elbow steadied her once more, but he kept his distance. He remained arms length from her, looking down at her, studying her.

"You are right, Mitawa Naya. This is a bad idea. Give me the address. I will come from you tomorrow," he inhaled deeply. "When we are both in more control of ourselves."

She grabbed the cell phone from his hand. Punched her number and address into it, before turning to him. "Oh, you can count on it, Mister Ranger. I will most definitely be in control."

He shook his head, took a single step towards her. "Oh, Mitawa Naya, do not lie to yourself. Neither of us has control of what the Great Spirits have decreed." He frowned, the action creasing his forehead, "Tomorrow. We will speak more tomorrow."

He turned without another word and walked away. Jaycee stood by her car for a couple of minutes, watching his broad back disappear among the other cars in the garage. Those hundreds of questions suddenly swept like a tidal wave back into her fragmented brain until she was trembling. In fear and need. Tomorrow. She touched her lips. They were swollen and hot, almost enough to scorch her fingers.

"We will most definitely talk tomorrow, Mister Ranger," she said as she unlocked the door to her car and climbed inside.

Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,495 Followers
12