Nightmare in Terror

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wikidts
wikidts
3 Followers

People started screaming and running for the front door. Brody scurried for cover in one of the now vacant booths closer to the bar.

Roberto was up in a flash and headed for the rear exit. Agent Franklin had his piece in one hand and pushed Cody behind him with the other. Roberto fired in their direction, but the shot went high. Cody heard the bullet zing above their heads and shatter the mirrored panel on the wall behind them. Then the sound of Franklin's Glock fire three times. The first bullet hit Roberto in the side just below the armpit of his out stretched arm, spinning him around. the second and third got him in the chest directly above the heart. He smashed into the mirrored wall and slide down slowly as his illustrious life passed before his eyes. The second bullet had passed completely through his body, dissecting a main artery and cracking the mirrored panel that was now shimmering a dark red as the punctured artery pumped blood out of the hole it left.

Cody fell to her knees screaming and crying and crawled over to the spot where Gypsy lay dead.

Agent Franklin ran over and kicked the gun out of Roberto's hand just in case he really was a ghost and came back to life again.

Agent Jackson's team burst through the back door, guns drawn, ready for trouble. The agents out front tried to push their way into the bar but found they were no match for the horde pushing to get out.

Will Franklin stood over Roberto's lifeless body and said half out loud, "Checkmate, you son of a bitch." He then turned and yelled for everyone to calm down. It was over. They were all safe now and should exit in an orderly manner. He walked over to Cody and helped her to her feet. She went limp and he held her up in his strong arms. He guided her to the booth where Brody was holding his blood red shirt and coat. As he sat Cody in the seat, he asked the agent, "You okay?"

"Yeah, just a flesh wound. But damn, this was my favorite suit," Brody replied forcing a smile.

"How about you Cody?" Franklin said looking into her watery eyes. Her mascara was streaking down her cheeks. "I'm really sorry about your friend. I tried to grab her, but she moved too quick, it all happened so fast."

"No, I'm not all right. I think I'm going to be sick," she answered. Then got up and ran to the ladies room where she left her dinner in one of the stalls.

***

The following day Cody stayed in bed. She didn't eat, watch TV or answer the constantly ringing telephone. She just laid in bed and smoked cigarettes, the image of Gypsy's head erupting like a mini volcano replaying over and over in her mind. The news media was all over the story. It had all the makings of 'sin-sational' reporting. An international terrorist fingered by a local queen and gunned down at a bar that was frequented by transvestites after eluding capture for years. They couldn't have invented a better ending to the Ambassador's assassination story. They camped out in front of the Oyster Bar for a couple of days. Video taping the girls coming and going and interviewed anybody willing to talk about the incident. Gypsy's death got lost in all the hoopla. It sickened Cody and she wanted no part of it.

Agent Franklin was busy tying up all the loose ends and let Cody do some grieving in peace.

Cody finally came out of her apartment on the day of Gypsy's memorial. For all of the so-called friends she had made at the bar, only a few showed up to bid her farewell.

Cody was sitting in one of the back pews trying to avoid the press that she knew would be there chomping at the bit. Just before the start of the service Agents Franklin and Brody slipped in beside her. Will put his arm around her and let her cry on his shoulder until well after the service ended. Brody had to leave to get the bandages on his shoulder changed.

She knew the press was lying in wait outside and wasn't leaving until they had gone. Agent Franklin snuck her out a rear exit to a waiting cab and they got away without much trouble.

"I've got the rest of the day off and nothing planned," he told her. "Would you be up for some company?"

"I've cried so much the last couple of days, I think I'm all cried out, but I still don't feel any better. How long does this last?" Cody asked.

"There's no answer to that, we all grieve in different ways," he said, sounding like a big brother.

"If I knew Gypsy as well as I think I do, she would have wanted us to have one hell of a wake."

"We could do that."

They stopped at a liquor store, picked up a couple of bottles, a pack of Virginia Slims, and some munchies and headed back to her place. As they walked through the door, she turned to him, looked him straight in the eyes and said, "Thank you for being here. I don't feel like being alone right now."

She looked so frail and helpless in the shadows of the darkened room. She put her arms around him and gave him a big hug. "Thank you, Will," she whispered to him.

He didn't know what came over him, but he bent down and kissed her on the forehead. She looked up at him and he kissed her on the mouth, long and soulful, with meaning and emotion. She melted into his arms and suddenly he didn't care what anybody thought. He was shocked to realize he was falling for this cute little she male. He placed the bags from the liquor store on the love seat, scooped her up in his arms and carried her off to the bedroom. As he laid her on the bed he said, "Oh, there is one bit of unfinished business that I need to care of." Cody sighed with disappointment, figuring that he had came to his senses and was about to take off.

"Don't get upset, it's a good thing," he smiled.

She gave him a puzzled look.

"Where do you want me to send the reward money?" he asked.

She threw her arms around him and kissed him passionately.

"Oh Will," she cooed.

In that moment, they both knew their lives would never be the same.

wikidts
wikidts
3 Followers