Nighttime Confessions: Daylight's Exposure Ch. 01

Story Info
Sequel to 'Nighttime Confessions'.
6.2k words
4.44
102.1k
22
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 10/11/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Foux Pas
Foux Pas
37 Followers

Here in is the first part of my sequel to capecodmercury's story, "Nighttime Confessions" 10/3/2005

Ch. 1

Donald Prescott stood staring out his bedroom window, the night time stars were twinkling but there was no moon to cast a comforting light. He listened while the ringing of the telephone in his wife's room continued to go unanswered. He left the third message for her to call him. Unlike the first two times he tried to call at nine pm and eleven thirty his voice gave away an underlying tension. It was now one thirty am and Meg was still not answering her phone.

Donald wasn't sure what to think, but he was way past concerned and was headed towards scared. After leaving this last message he hung up and re-cradled the telephone. He headed from his bedroom to the kitchen to get a beer, running his hand across his jaw and neck for the hundredth time this evening. He knew he was giving away how apprehensive he was. Even his co-workers knew that little mannerism as a sign that his emotions were beginning to build and they should give him space.

The problem right now was he had too much space separating him and his wife of sixteen years. He needed to talk to her so she could explain her side of that mysterious phone call from last evening.

***************

Don remembered that Meg had called him then the kids had supper. She told him all about her old friend Judy Cormier and the group of friends she had with her. Meg was so appreciative that his idea had worked to throw off her boss, Frank Morello. She even went so far as to explain to him just how specifically she was going to thank him when she got home.

Then Meg said she was going to be with her friend Judy and the group that evening. Donald was so happy about Meg's excitement in finding a way to deal with her boss. Donald remembered he was sitting in front of the TV watching a tape of his son's last soccer game when the phone rang. He glanced at the clock it was 8:30 PM, "Hello!" He answered.

"Hello, is this Donald Prescott speaking?" A deep voice asked.

"Yes. Who is speaking?" He replied.

"That's not important Mr. Prescott. What is important is whether or not you know what your wife is doing tonight?"

Donald felt the hair on the back of his neck raise up and a sickening tightness in his stomach turn into a knot as he replied. "What do you mean? Who is this? Is there something wrong, is Marge OK?"

"First off Mr. Prescott your wife is fine as far as I know. I am calling you as a concernded friend," Donald heard a muffled chuckle. "This is not my first year here at the seminar and I have watchded your wife get involvded with a group of people who could cause some problems for her personal and professional life."

"What kind of trouble?" Donald said with more anger in his voice than he intended.

"Mr. Prescott, I don't know any other way to explain it, so I'll just tell you. The group she has attachded herself with since she arrived, include; Judy Cormier, Dee Dee Evans, Rachel Morse, Art Wallace, Phil Grant, Sam Miller and Wayne Billings. This is a well known swinger's group; some are single, most are marrieded. They've gotten together at every seminar for at least the last six or seven years. I don't know what Mrs. Prescott's relationship with this group is, but you needed to be tolded of her present company. I am sorry to be the one who had to tell you this."

Donald was amazed and the asshole hung up the phone faster than he could reply or say goodbye. He sat back and thought to himself, the voice sounded a whole lot like Frank Morello, Meg's boss. Donald had only met the man a few times but he had that quirk in his speech pattern that was very distinct.

If it was Morello, it appeared his little games would not be confined to work; he was gunning for her marriage too. When his attempts to fool around with Meg were thwarted it appeared the ass was going to be as petty and vindictive as Meg had thought he might.

Don dialed Meg's room knowing she would be out, and about and left a message for her to call home when she got in. He wanted to tell her to watch out for Frank's crap, as he was stooping to new lows. Donald also wanted Meg's take on the mysterious phone call.

At eleven thirty that night as Donald was getting ready to go to bed, and Meg still hadn't called back, he rang her room. When she didn't answer he left another message, lay down in bed after setting his alarm clock, put his hands behind his head and stared at the ceiling. He didn't know why, but when Meg wasn't next to him he always had trouble falling off to sleep. Added to that, tonight there was a tickle deep in his mind, and he didn't want to go where that tickle led.

When he called at one thirty and Meg still wasn't in her room Donald felt strangely disembodied as his mind tried to suppress "the other," possibility. "No," Donald almost screamed out loud at himself, "She loves me and would never betray us like that."

After drinking the beer he went back to bed and fell into a restless sleep.

*************

Marge looked at herself in the mirror as she prepared for bed, muttering to herself. "I don't look any different, the same soccer mom. I have some lumps and bumps from life and bearing children. But tonight I felt I was still attractive and desirable, Phil just proved that." Her voice seemed to fall away as she leaned on the vanity and looked into the mirror, "Then why am I so afraid, so conflicted, about what I just did. Damn it!" She yelled with more force than she expected, startling herself a bit.

Looking at the sink for a long moment she slowly raised her head until she caught her own gaze in the mirror again, she let out a long breath. "No matter what you think or say, you cheated on Don. You broke your marriage vows. The vows you made in front of God, family, friends, to your husband. You promised 'no others'." A single tear broke and traveled down her cheek falling off into the sink.

"I can't deny it was good. In some ways it was the best I've ever had. But in other ways it wasn't near as good as Don and I have shared over the years. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more though, because somewhere deep inside, I do."

Finishing up the last few parts of her nightly ritual Marge flopped into bed. She knew this wasn't going to be a restful night. She drifted off into a fitful sleep two or three times. She dreamed about Don and Phil and even Judy, but with Judy it wasn't anything sexual. But, as soon as dawn's light moved across the top of the far wall driving the shadows of doubt from her mind, she was pretty sure she was ready to face the new day.

Marge wanted a couple more times with Phil, but didn't want her marriage to suffer from this desire. She also knew for a fact that a long term affair, even once a year wasn't something she could handle, nor keep from Don.

"I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I want my marriage, my husband and my kids." Marge said to herself, "But, since I know... or close enough, that Don stepped out on me twice, I'm going to take my chance at a little on the side, then go back to being the perfect wife."

Marge decided to tell the group that she would join their little social club at breakfast this morning, but she had already decided this trip would be the only time she would join them. She wasn't sure how they would take it if she wanted 'in' only for this trip, so no harm in committing fully, knowing she would never be near them again. Her school only allowed teachers to come up to the state convention once or twice in a career. Don and she certainly weren't going to pay for this kind of elegance, and anyway she didn't want to come here with Don and have him see how close these friends really were.

As for her relationship with Don, she smiled cheekily then said out loud, "Well what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides this will be the only time." She giggled nervously and got ready for breakfast.

The seven people comprising Judy's group of 'friends with benefits' were very quiet as she approached them a few minutes later. Everyone at the table was looking at her as she sat in her chair, anxiety painted on all their faces. They were waiting for her to say something, anything to put them at ease. They had taken what they saw as a big risk last night, letting her in on their 'secret.' Little did they realize that there were others in the dining room, those who knew what they were up to, checking out their new recruit, Frank Morello included.

A waiter walked over to their table and placed a large bouquet of flowers in the middle of the table then asked Marge, "Is there something I can get for you to drink while you decide on breakfast?"

Marge looked up, smiled at him and replied, "Yes, could I have a cup of coffee and large glass of orange juice please?"

"Yes maam," came his professional reply as he moved rapidly away towards the kitchen.

Watching and waiting for the waiter to disappear into the kitchen Marge turned to face the group. "First off, I want to thank you for considering me for your group. I am still a bit shaky, but I am joining you as of last night."

Everyone was cheering and clapping when she told the group she would join them. Phil of course had a huge cheshire cat grin as they all talked about the group and sharing one another now and in the future. Marge snickered silently knowing that all she was willing to give to the group was the last three days and nights of this current conference, period.

Since the group was in the dinning area, everyone was acting very platonic and Phil leaned over to pat Marge's hand. "Your decision has made my day Marge, How about I meet you in the Jacuzzi before supper?"

She looked at him, his eyes twinkling outrageously and replied, "I'd like that, see you then."

Phil got up and left moments later and Judy slid over next to her old friend. "Are you sure you are ok with all of this? You know if you need to talk I am available. You ok with this and Don?"

Marge looked at Judy and replied, "Oh I am still a bit tender about it all. But when all is said and done well... What Don doesn't know won't hurt him... or us", raising and lowering her eyebrows a few times as Judy laughed.

"I am glad you chose to join us, it really is a fun, caring group." Judy said as she rose to leave. Then, as she moved towards her wing of the building she said, "I need to go make some calls I'll see you in the first session at nine-thirty."

Marge stood and began walking for the other set of elevators in the opposite wing. She needed to get back to her room for a minute. When she arrived she went about putting together the information for the day's classes. That's when she noticed the blinking red light on the phone telling her, she had a message. Listening to her husband's voice asking her to call him last night and noticing the times the messages were recorded, she had the sudden sensation of a trapdoor opening in her belly and she was about to fall through it.

"Oh God!" She exhaled loudly, "What did I miss? Does he suspect something? What could he know? Can I explain myself to him?" Waiting a few minutes to calm down, she almost called Judy and talked to her. Instead she stood and got a drink of water, pacing around the room until she was sure she was settled, sat down and called Don at work.

When he answered "Don Prescott, can I help you?", Marge nearly choked. But held on to her emotions enough to respond, "Yes you can but I'll have to wait until I get home Saturday. Hey baby sorry I missed your calls, I just noticed them when I got back from breakfast this morning. I hope I didn't scare you."

Don was hesitant. He licked his lips feeling a bit better, knowing his wife well enough to know she would rather not confront things head on. He would have been more worried if she had been unwilling to talk about things. Or worse yet given him her famous silent treatment.

He gathered himself and replied, "Well to be honest with you, I was getting a tad worried. You don't normally stay out that late. Plus I got a weird phone call from an anonymous caller who talks just like your boss. Anyway Frank, and I'm sure it was him, warned me that you were getting hooked up with a group of people at the convention who had less than stellar reputations. Can you explain this all to me, I'm almost sure it was just Frank being petty because he lost his intended target."

Don wasn't sure why he didn't say the group was suspected of being swingers. In some ways he felt that was a backhanded way of accusing Meg of playing around. For the moment he wasn't going there.

Marge noticed Don wasn't his normal vibrant self. She couldn't be sure, but it was as if he was holding something back - but what it was she couldn't ascertain. She made a quick decision on the spot and replied, "Honey, I was with two other married people and Judy my friend from college last night. Phil, Rachel, Judy and I sat and talked with Sam, Dee Dee and Art because those three worked the hospitality suite. Now, I don't know where those three went after they closed up, but the other four of us stayed up and drank until the wee hours talking about family and the schools we work at. Rachel and I are worse for wear this morning. I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to worry you, I won't let it happen again."

Don picked up how halting and almost disjointed her speech patterns were this morning. He sighed, "Well your hangover is plenty of penance for the little bit of sleep I lost, so no harm no foul. I love you and I am glad you're having fun. Please be careful baby, we all miss you, I'll talk to you tonight, I gotta go, bye."

"OK honey I'll be careful, love ya too, say Hi to the kids for me." As she hung up Marge realized how unenthusiastic her voice had sounded. She almost lost it when Don said "no harm, no foul." Shit! what she did was a big harm, huge foul.... but no different from Don's former escapades. After thinking everything over again, Marge knew she would still have a little fun with Phil tonight because she already knew in two days this whole thing would be a lifetime behind her. Anyway the Jacuzzi sounded like fun. She had always wanted to get some loving in a hot tub. With that thought she gathered her books and took off for the first seminar of the day.

Don sat in his office and thought about the phone call he had just finished with Meg. She sounded... strained, that was it, he finally decided. Maybe a bit out of sorts. Something wasn't right about all of this but he still wasn't accepting that his wife of sixteen years was cheating with a group of swingers. Unfortunately his mind kept nagging at his heart that something just wasn't right, though he didn't know what.

***************

Mrs. Peta Grant was in a tizzy as she played the audio recordings of the last twenty-four hours from the Private Investigators she had hired. She became extremely suspicious of what was going on with her husband over the last year. She was very interested in his activities with a group of friends that he had met at his yearly State Convention five or six years ago. She heard Phil talking in his sleep after each of the last two conventions. She'd heard the name Lisa over and over two years ago. Then Rachel had been the woman of choice after last year's events.

Peta had heard whispers from other facility members and spouses about a swinger's group that formed and had been recurring at the convention over a few years now. This year at the Christmas party she overheard one of the new female coaches, Miss Simmons, who had a definite persuasion towards all things feminine say: "Well at least if I am going to fuck around at a public convention both me and my chosen partner would be unattached, unlike Mr. 'Holier than Thou'."

Peta had almost strung her asshole husband up right then and there. Miss Simmons had gone to State Convention with her hubby last year.

This year she had her husband followed by a well connected private detective agency. It turned out the agency was the previous employer of the head of security for the hotel the conference was held in. He would not allow filming as it was too easily traced, but helped them plant plenty of remote bugs throughout the whole suite the group was using.

Anywhere the group was likely to be alone or engaged in extra-curricular activities they were watched and the whole area bugged.

By nine the next morning Peta had her full report, complete with the sound track of Marge's seduction, and including the revelation of the whole swinging arrangement and its history. Although disheartened, she had prepared herself for this very result for a year. Even so, some tears still fell from her pretty face.

Now she had to make a decision. Did she just go to the convention and expose their slimy secrets to each member of the group and explain how much everyone knew about their secret club? Or... did she tell the other spouses involved and then tell the cheaters they were busted. Afterwards she could quietly rip her husbands balls off and gouge out his eyes.

There were four married and four single people in the group not counting Mrs. Lisa Manning who had left the state for a better job after last years convention. They were Mrs. Rachel Morse; Mr. Sam Miller; the new comer, Mrs. Marge Prescott and of course Peta's husband, Phil.

Peta promised herself that the three women who slept with her husband as well as any others she found out about later were at least going to have to discuss their uncontrollable appetites with their own husbands. She already found out Sam Miller's marriage was just waiting for last rites to be performed.

This wasn't going to be fun for any of the innocent spouses, but their partners' cheating had to be exposed, at least in Peta's opinion.

At eleven am Don was busy finalizing a project. He had just signed off on the multimillion dollar package when his secretary rang in.

"Mr. Prescott?"

"Yes Michelle, what is it?"

"Sir, there is a Peta Grant on line two who is very insistent on talking to you."

"Did she say what she wanted?"

"Only that it is very important she talks directly with you."

"Well I just signed off on the refurbishing project so patch her through."

Moments later his line buzzed, "Don Prescott, Can I help you?"

A woman's voice, wooden, almost lifeless sounding returned his greeting and her message made the hair on the back of his neck raise. "Mr. Prescott, I am sorry to have to introduce my self under these circumstances. My name is Mrs. Peta

Grant..." Don heard her take in a deep breath before she continued, he was hanging on every word. "I have some audio recordings collected last night in my husband's suite at the State Convention. They are recordings of your wife and my husband having sex. I need to know if you want me to have my private detectives send the recording to your computer for you to listen to."

Don felt himself physically deflate as the woman's words sunk in. Gathering himself Don replied in a lifeless monotone voice, "Please give me a few seconds, this is quite a shock."

He barely heard her reply, "I can wait Mr. Prescott."

Placing her on hold, he tried to strangle the receiver in a death like grip. Slumping forward, elbows on the desk, his hands moving the receiver through his hair in an unconscious effort to relieve the tension. Somehow Don wasn't surprised. Hurt and angry yes, but not surprised. Too many things over the last fifteen or so hours told him something was extremely wrong.

"Dammit Meg, why?" He sighed out as he stared unseeing out the window of his office. A tiring day had just become exhausting and now things weren't going to get better for a long time.

Suddenly feeling like all the air had been let out of his emotional tank, Don took a deep breath and exhaled slowly then sat up in his chair. Stealing himself he put the receiver back to his ear and pressed a button on his phone reconnecting with Mrs. Grant.

Foux Pas
Foux Pas
37 Followers
12