Nighttime Confessions: Daylight's Exposure Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mrs. Grant are you still there?" he managed, his breathing ragged as he struggled to keep his voice more or less under control.

"Yes Mr. Prescott I am. I want to say I am sorry I had to bring you this bad news. I'm pretty positive none of the injured spouses did anything to cause this pain."

Don caught him self nodding instead of answering, shook his head as if to wake himself from a dream, or in this case a nightmare, and quickly replied, "That's okay Mrs. Grant. I know you weren't trying to hurt me. How did this all start? Was it Meg's first time? I have so many questions."

Peta explained that she had only found out about how the group began this very morning after listening to the tapes of the night before. Then she told Don everything she knew about the group up until Marge left to go back to her room early that morning.

Don was a bit confused, "Mrs. Grant, how did your private detectives get his information?"

"Well, as it turned out the agency I hired is connected somehow to the head of security at the resort. The guy at the Resort used to work for the agency I think. Anyway my Private Detectives were given access to the rooms and suites but no cameras were allowed, only audio listening devices. Apparently it would be too easy to trace who it was that allowed cameras to be set up.

So, my people have access to any part of the resort they need to be in. Just this morning one of the detectives acting as a waiter placed an arrangement of flowers on the table they were sitting at. It will be a few hours before that tape is edited for pertinent information and forwarded to me. Funny, but apparently not one of the 'swinger' group noticed the flowers and statues that suddenly appeared in the rooms and common areas they were in.

After I was able to secure proof positive that my husband Phil was in fact playing around, I had the detectives find the phone numbers for the other three spouses of the married people in the group. That is how I got your number.

I need to know if you would like a copy of the tape with the portions relevant to your wife's behavior downloaded to you?"

Don shook his head. This whole thing was so surreal to him. "Yes Mrs. Grant, please send them to my e-mail here at work I'll deal with the information accordingly."

Peta knew this was breaking his heart, so she said, "If there is any more information I'll call you. Also Mr. Prescott none of us saw this coming, there was no way we could have."

"Thank you Mrs. Grant, and please use my cell number". After giving her his e-mail address and cell phone number Don said his goodbyes and hung up.

Don called out to his secretary; "Michelle!" his voice was quavering, taking a deep breath he continued, "Please clear my schedule for the rest of the week... " Quickly reassessing the situation he corrected himself, "Michelle make that the next two weeks I'll call corporate and clear it and I'll explain everything to you when I can, OK?"

"Yes Mr. Prescott!" came her professional reply.

Don called the corporate office and secured the time off he might need over the next two weeks. He sat back to mull over the conversation he had with Mrs. Grant when he noticed his e-mail indicated a new incoming message. He quickly signed in and found the message from Mrs. P. Grant with an audio attachment.

Down loading the attachment to a CD, Don skipped through the recording and it left no doubt about his beloved wife's activities the night before. After listening to the tape he knew Meg lied to him that morning. Would she cheat again tonight? Once, a one time mistake, he might be able to forgive, but if she went back, that would be the end.

The only saving grace he could identify was that Meg seemed to be drinking much more heavily than she normally did. He desperately hoped she had just been overly drunk and got carried away. But, try as he might he couldn't completely convince himself that was the case.

The pain deep in his heart was almost too much to bear, Meg had been his sun and his moon since the day he met her. Don could still see her pretty face smiling at him as they had explored the river together that summer. He sat lost in his own grief as tears began to roll down his cheeks. It probably wasn't the manly thing to do, but it was the right thing to do.

A little while later as he composed himself he made two lists of the things he needed to do. If Meg didn't cheat again he would use list "A". If however Mrs. Peta Grant, called him to say their spouses had teamed up again, 'Well' he groused, list "B" would be put into play.

Don called a family lawyer he knew and made an appointment for early morning two days from now, then turned towards his computer to see another message from Peta. She proposed that if Phil and Marge got together again tonight they would both meet at the resort and if possible confront their wayward spouses "in the act" so to speak. But she wanted Don and her to do it together.

Don had only to think about it for a few moments before replying to her. He would be very open to that idea if the circumstances warranted it. After replying to Peta's message Don arranged for his parents to pick up the kids from school and drop them off for the next two days, telling them a huge issue had just come up at work. He knew his parents would go to the house to pack for two or three days at least after picking the kids up this afternoon.

He figured if nothing happened he could spend a restful night at home. But if things got stupid he would be able to leave quickly for the three hour trip to the State Capital where the convention was being held.

He made a few other phone calls to find out prices for certain home improvements he might have to make would cost and was pleasantly surprised at the reasonableness of the services he inquired about.

Since he had nothing else to do but wait, Don left the office drove home and prepared an overnight bag just in case. As he stood in his bedroom the memories of the sights and sounds of sixteen years sharing his life with Meg assailed him. Don picked up a picture of the two of them that Meg had on her dresser, taken three years ago on a three day getaway. He was behind her, arms around her stomach, and she was twisting her head around to whisper in his ear. She had told him she was so proud he was her husband.

He began to shake as waves of nausea overwhelmed him, and he spoke out loud to himself. "Just how proud of me were you last night, when you allowed that man to lay claim to your body? The body you promised to give to only me at our wedding all those years ago?" Hanging his head, he placed the picture face down on her dresser.

Then he said in almost a whisper, "Just how proud of you am I supposed to be now Meg? I can't see myself in this room with you ever again if you go with him tonight."

His jaw clenched tight, he left their bedroom for possibly the last time. The emptiness and deep sense of loss made him feel like he was without direction. Placing his bag inside the front closet Don left the house to wait until his mom and the kids got their stuff and left. He parked his blue Saturn SL2 in the front of the house and pulled away in Meg's Toyota van because it had a tow package that he might need later.

At four-thirty Peta called to say the situation was going down hill fast. She had just listened to the morning tapes and unfortunately Marge had accepted an invitation to become part of the group.

Twenty minutes later Don was sitting at a picnic table in the park when his cell rang, it was Meg. He waited until the call went into voice mail; he couldn't talk to her right now as his emotions were too raw too volatile. He wanted to rip her in two at that moment. Her conscious decision to betray both him and her family was beyond anything he could believe. He thought he knew this woman, how she ticked; obviously he didn't.

At five-thirty his cell began ringing again, this time it was Peta. "Don I am sorry to tell you this but my two detectives just called and told me that our spouses had a quickie before dinner in the Jacuzzi. I think we need to get to the resort tonight."

Don took a deep breath before he replied, "God I was hoping, but now, well there's going to be hell to pay. I can be at the resort by eleven tonight, but I have some things to take care of first. I'll e-mail a photo so you know who you're looking for. And Peta, despite all of this, thanks."

"Thanks Don, I sent the new voice recordings from breakfast to your e-mail earlier. I'll see you at eleven." She hung up and Don began making phone calls.

He arranged for the lock-smith to be at his house shortly and then he called the U-Haul rental office to ensure the ten foot trailer was available. His last call was to his kids' middle-school principal. Don explained that he was going on a weeks vacation starting the next afternoon and that he would be removing the kids from school a week early for summer vacation to go with him. The principal assured Don it happened all the time and that paperwork would be ready for him to sign when he showed up the next day.

Don drove over to the U-Haul rental site and was soon backing the trailer into the garage. He grabbed his bag and tossed it into the van and headed to the computer. He downloaded the audio files from his work e-mail via his remote access. Making three CDs of both files, he put up one copy, placed a second copy in a mailer addressed to his attorney and put the third copy in a plastic sleeve to take with him. He decided to listen to the second down load on the drive up to the Resort later on that evening.

The next hour was hectic while Don unloaded Meg's closet and dresser as well as any books and furniture she had brought into the marriage he could think of. He loaded everything he could think of that is of value to Meg and put it in the trailer, intending to work later with her lawyers if he missed something. After he locked up the trailer he pulled the van with the trailer attached out of the driveway, pulling his Saturn back inside the garage and closed the door. Meg was not going to be allowed back inside his house without police escort for the foreseeable future. Then he loaded the small cooler with ice and bottled water and some chips in the van for the trip.

During this time the locksmith had changed all the locks on the doors and the garage, Don even remembered to remove the garage door opener from the van. He threw the keys to the lock on the U-Haul door on the passenger seat.

He locked up the house and drove away with plenty of time to make his eleven o'clock meeting at the resort. Arriving with time to spare Don parked across four spaces, and, as his last act, Don removed his wedding band and tied it to the rear view mirror of the van with a piece of ribbon.

At ten forty-five Don was standing inside the lobby of the resort where Meg was staying and Peta Grant was meeting him. He just finished arranging for a rental car for his return trip, when a small nicely built woman exited the elevators. She had long mid back length black hair, small wire rimmed glasses and was wearing tan slacks with a nice rose colored blouse. She had a thin but very pretty face, her Hispanic heritage very obvious.

She walked directly up to Don and extended her hand, "Don Prescott, I'm Peta Grant. Although I don't think either of us likes the circumstances, it's nice to meet you."

"Peta it's nice to meet you, despite this crap." Don replied, in a sarcastic flip.

Peta said, "Come on, we're going to be in a room a floor down from where Phil's suite is with the investigators. We will be listening to a live feed so we will know exactly when to break up the party and let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin."

A few minutes later Peta introduced Don to a mousey looking woman in her forties and a man in his late twenties. The woman was Brenda and the man said his name was Jorge. The detectives handed Peta and Don a set of headphones each and they all listened to Marge and Phil.

Jorge explained that once they identified that the two people in question were involved in the "Horizontal Mamba," Peta, Brenda and Don were going to go to the room to confront the lovers, 'in the act', or 'in flagrante delicto' as Don remembered hearing it called on TV. Brenda would enter first, take digital video then leave, at which time the two cuckolds could deal with their spouses.

For most of the next hour the conversation was about general topics and the conference, then suddenly Phil said, "Hey Marge are you up to another round? 'cause I seem to have a stiff response to that sexy nude body of yours."

Marge giggled like a school girl, and cooed back at him, "Oh yeah, you do. I have just the place for you to put him. I have an itch deep inside my pussy, do you think you can scratch it for me."

Phil growled and apparently grabbed Marge who giggled wildly again. Don took off his head phones and walked to the window stopping to just stare into the darkness of the moonless night. He knew every thing was over, and he took a moment to grieve for the death of his marriage. Peta came over and touched his arm, "You under control Don?"

He turned to face her, a single tear moved slowly down his cheek, "Yeah, I just needed to say goodbye to my marriage before I confronted them. I guess we should go."

Moments later the three of them stood outside the door to Phil's suite. Don's hand on the door handle the card key posed waiting for Jorge's signal to enter.

12