Nite, Nite, Jackie O

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

End of Part Four

Conclusion

- 16 -

She woke up sadly, hurt and confused over yesterday's events. She just couldn't understand, why wouldn't he see her? Never mind that he never read her letters, or would see her in the Visitors Room these past years. She wanted David to know that she never believed any of the accusations against him, in spite of any evidence, real or otherwise.

Reluctantly, she carried on with her day, trying to forget her disappointment. After the evening news, just as she was turning off the television, she heard a faint knocking on her door. Crossing to it, she open and let out a shriek, "David, You're here!"

"Hello Brat", he said with a sheepish grin, "May I come in?" "We should talk."

Their talk, stilted at first, soon became as they had never been apart. He dominated most of the questions of "how are you, what was your schooling like, why were you still in Williston?" Hers were more "Why did you confess, and was prison as bad as all said?"

After a small late meal, he looked seriously at her, exhaled slowly, and said, "There are a few things you should know. When the assault on you happened, I knew who had done it, but circumstances would not allow me to come forward. Later, at the trial, I plead guilty to spare you from what was going to be an unbearable ordeal."

"I figured that out, but why wouldn't you answer my letters or let me see you?" she said with eyes tearing up, "I loved you David" "No", he replied, "you loved the idea of me as your hero on a pedestal" "As much as I felt the same, it couldn't have been, not then."

"But why didn't you come forward?" she pleaded, "You didn't have to go to prison, we could have had a life together."

"No, dearest Jacqueline" as he handed her a small box. "I hope you can understand and forgive me, but I couldn't."

She opened the box, looking inside with puzzlement, then horror, and finally calm recognition. She knew for an absolute fact, he loved her, more than anyone else ever had or would. He took the object from her hand a plain beaded chain necklace with an old spent .30-06 shell attached, and placed it around her neck as he gathered her in his arms, kissing her gently.

The passion of their youth was sated at last, as she lay in his arms, falling asleep; she smiled as she heard him whisper softly, "Nite, Nite, Jackie O".

The End

12