No Longer a Game Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She was casting one before I grabbed her." Rain told him.

Jason shook his head and left the cabin.

"You should clean that." Christie told Rain as she sat on her bed. "I would heal it but I can't."

"I'll wash it and wrap it with a clean cloth. It's not too bad. It's going to be a sucky next three days." Rain told Christie as she washed her hand where Natalie had bitten it.

"A Carnival Cruise it's not."

Rain laughed a little and sat on the other bed and wrapped her hand. "Where you really going to use that mace?"

"I sure as hell was not going to let her get a spell off." Christie said firmly and that answered Rain's question.

"What is happening to us, Christie? I mean not just us being here but other things as well. You and I having sex; we never would have done that back home; me...me killing that man. I...I felt pleasure out of it and no guilt at all until later. Then you right now. I have never known you to act like this. You were never a mean person or would have said such cruel things to Natalie regardless of what she did. And...and you were going to kill her...don't deny it, Christie. I saw the look in your eyes when you had your mace up. You were not just going to stop her from casting a spell; you were going to kill her."

Christie looked at her mace and the skull head glowed red and she dropped it. "I...I don't know. It was like I was no longer me. I was Verana. I was angry and reacted the way a drow would act...not a good follower of Eilistraee but a drow priestess of Lolth. I was no longer Christie I was Verana and I could remember her life...or the back ground story I made up for her when I created her. Her life in the Underdark, her service to Lolth, how she murdered for pleasure, how she relished in the power Lolth bestowed on her when made sacrifices to her...how she escaped the Underdark when she turned to Eilistraee and...and...how The Dark Lady seemed to abandon her. I...I wanted to kill Natalie not to defend myself but I wanted to kill her because she is a moon elf and I hated her for that."

Rain saw the tears in Christie's eyes and could feel the emotions in her voice filled with sadness and despair. "I know. I felt the same when I saw Derrick die. I was no longer Rain from home but Rain the rogue and while she is not evil per say she has done things to survive and at times took pleasure in those things. Like you, her abilities and background seemed to take over. My character can be mean sometimes and has no remorse over killing or even murder if need be to protect herself and her friends."

Christie wiped her eyes. "We need to talk to the others to see if they experienced the same feelings at times."

"I agree, but later. Jason's right, we need to fix this thing between you and me and Natalie...if it can be fixed."

The drow lay on the bed, "It can't be fixed. The damage is done but we can maybe come to terms with it at least until we get home. Once home I never have to see her again."

Rain nodded, "I guess that's the best we can hope."

Christie stood up and removed her boots and pants and lay back down on the bed, "Drama is exhausting. I am tired and going to bed."

12