No Longer Alone

Story Info
Destined to be alone or so she though.
6.9k words
4.45
26.8k
27
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pmpkty
pmpkty
18 Followers

If you are looking for straight sex right away please step away from the story. There will be a follow up to this story so please don't hate me too much at the end.

--------------------------------------------------

I sat quietly at the table. My very last single friend was getting married and now I was the only single one, the very last one, the spinster.

They were all giving me the look, and I knew if one more person asked if I was next I was going to fucking snap. Mel, my best friend, was absolutely beautiful walking down the aisle. I wanted a man to look at me the way Danny looked at her as she came floating towards him. I wanted the whole damn package and I refused to settle.

I went to the bathroom to check my makeup and hair to make sure I still looked the part of the beautiful maid of honor. While I was using the facilities I could hear a few women come in.

My blood starting boiling when I heard one of them say, "Did you see how pitiful she looks here alone? I think she is the only friend in the wedding who isn't married. I swear if Monique keeps going the way she's going she will be alone forever."

I couldn't believe it; it was like a scene out of a fucking movie. I couldn't believe women still talked trash in the bathroom. Being a woman filled with charm and crazy southern fire I had to let them know how I felt about their comments. I flushed the toilet, and then walked - no fuck walking- I swaggered out of the stall and pushed them out of my way so I could wash my hands.

As I checked my make-up, I looked at them in the mirror and said, "I'm 24 fucking years old. I'm single because I am just starting a career; and unlike you I'm not trying to fuck every guy I come across to get someone to take care of me. I may be alone, but I guarantee when I do get married it will last a whole lot longer than your 20 minute marriage."

Then I strolled out of the bathroom without looking back. I went back into the reception wearing a smile for my friend, but sadness in my gut.

Two years later...

"Mojo I want you to come to dinner at the house. You hardly ever come by anymore and your god daughter wants to see you. She's always asking for her Mojo."

I sat back laughing as Mel called me by my childhood name she'd given me. My name is Monique Jones so cleverly she took the first two letters from my first and last name to come up with Mojo. Now her little two year old monster was running around yelling Mojo and I found I couldn't love her more.

"Fine, I will be at your house at 6 pm on the dot for dinner, but please no set ups this time. The last guy kept looking at my braces as if I was some kind of freak. Adults get braces too, damn!"

We disconnected the call before I realized she hadn't actually agreed there wouldn't be anyone there for her to set me up with. I knew how she could be, but I made up my mind, I was going to see my little squirt, eat dinner and then leave.

I rang the doorbell a little after 6 and I heard little feet running towards the door and a small voice saying, "Mama, can't reach, hurry." As soon as the door was open a little blur jumped out and flew into my arms. I felt little arms wrap around my neck and start to squeeze.

She was closer to four years old and speaking very well, but there were some things her little vocabulary didn't quite get out.

"Mojo where you been? I learned to count, wanna hear?"

Before I could say yes or no I heard, "One, two, free, foah, fi." She gave the biggest smile I'd ever seen and I was in love all over again.

"Honey don't you mean three?"

"That's what I said mama, free."

I smiled at her and carried little Joanna inside. She chatted along like so many little ones do and I didn't hear half of what she said, but I did catch "Unk James was there and she loved to ride his back."

We walked into the dinning room and suddenly I wished I'd changed clothes after work. I spend a lot of time crawling around floors fixing computers and printers and I'd come right over after work. I'd only had time to clean the dirt off my face and wash my hands. The one time I didn't look halfway decent there is a hot guy sitting at the table talking to Mel's husband Danny.

I could see how much the two looked alike. Both were taller than my 5'5" height and with nearly identical chiseled features. Dan had sandy blond hair with sky blue eyes. He had that all American football player look, except his muscle tone was more like a swimmers. The person he was talking to had black hair and the same blue eyes. He was too beautiful to be single, so I just walked in and gave Dan my usual greeting and sat down.

I was introduced to James and little Joanna leaped out of my arms and ran to his. I was about to say something when this blond bombshell walked in and walked over to James to give him a kiss and sat down. It was just as I thought. He was engaged to be married when his fiancé caught sight of me her smile dropped. I felt like a leper or something. I got through dinner that night and escaped quickly saying I had to work early the next day. I gave my little Jojo a hug and kiss and she happily slobbered down my cheek in her little girl kisses.

When I got home I took a shower and stood in front of the mirror naked. I hadn't had a date since I got the damn braces. They made me look more like 16 instead of 26. For the first time in my life my skin was a smooth brown color and I was no longer fighting the battle with acne. My hair was mine, and it ended right between my shoulder blades. People always commented on my eyes, asking if my lashes were real and if my eyes really were black, until they got close and saw the dark brown hue. I was a little curvy. My breasts were small, but they were perky; my waist was small even though I had a small pouch to my belly, and my hips flared out just to add a little more weight to my butt. I wasn't perfect but I wasn't a monster either.

I thought about the story my great grandmother told me when I was younger. She was full bloodied Muskogee and said with great pride,

"Our people come from wolves, one day you will meet the mate of your heart and his love will burn for you brightly. You will want mark him as your own and he will want to mark you too. This is the way it has always been. Your mate will find you when it is time."

I lay in bed alone thinking of what she said and hating this time of night; the time when the loneliness crept in and took over. The time when I didn't want to dream about someone lying next to me because in the end it would make me feel lonelier. Some days I wanted to cry at my inability to meet someone, but in the end I would just switch my thoughts to my side projects.

I was a part time florist when I had time. Usually I would do events for my friends and I also worked more around the holidays. It was one of my passions. In one job I held a screwdriver and in the other cutting shears. I was a complex woman, a woman men didn't want to get to know. I wasn't needy enough; I made my own money, had my own place, and drove my own car. My reoccurring thought was men want an independent woman until they meet one...

I went to bed dreaming of him again. A similar, if not the same dream, for the past 6 months. I was walking down the aisle, only this time I was the bride and all eyes were on me. I felt someone staring at me and it made me get chills all over, but it was the excited chills. I looked up to see him, but I couldn't make out his face. I only knew he was tall, muscular and white. That shocked me because I'd never dated a white guy before. It was just a dream anyways, it didn't really matter.

I woke up the next morning and because it was Saturday I got ready to go out to the flower shop. I combed my hair down and took the time to curl it a little and put on a little lipstick. I dressed in a pair of fitted jeans and a top to show off what little curves I had. I put on some slip on heels and went out the door coffee in hand.

The little shop belonged to my mother and she left it to me when she died. I still have the little rocking chair sitting in the window of the shop, hoping one day I will sit there with my little girl and teach her about flowers. I got to work opening windows and watering flowers. I turned on my mp3 player and started to sing and dance around while I started on the orders I had set for the day.

At 10 I unlocked the doors to welcome any business that might come my way. I heard the old fashion bell ring from the door but most of the people were regulars and had caught me singing and dancing before. I spun around to see a stranger, and I dropped the watering can on the ground. I picked it up and turned the music down. Smiling I turned to him and said, "Welcome to Honeybee's."

He was gorgeous. Standing about 6'2" with a muscular frame, I'd say like a football player. He had long black hair and eyes so dark I could have sworn they were black. His skin was tanned from time spent out in the sun and even though his eyes were so dark they sparkled with laughter.

He started talking and after a few moments I realized I was staring and hadn't heard a word he said.

"I'm sorry... what?"

"Hello, my name is Braden. I hear this is the best place to get a flower arrangement. I was told every arrangement is unique and if I catch you on a good day you can do it while I wait."

I thought for a moment, I could have been busy with 10 weddings and some other event and I would have stopped to do whatever he wanted. I went to my notepad and started asking the usual questions.

"Who are they for?"

"Mom"

"What is the occasion?"

"Birthday"

"What kind of flowers are you looking for?"

"Something different, exotic, nothing ordinary like red roses"

"What is her favorite color?"

"Green"

"Where are they going?"

"To her house"

I looked at him and saw the laughter ready to burst, but I beat him too it. He looked at me in a way that I'd never seen before and he said he would be delivering them. I pointed to the cards and told him to pick out what he liked and I got to work on the arrangement. I pulled out some green spider mums and bright orange stargazer lilies and made the best arrangement to date. By the time I was done he was singing my praises and he promised to return.

I secretly hoped he would ask for my number, but he didn't. Oh well, as the song says, another one bites the dust. I went about my day taking orders for upcoming events and just as I was about to close up shop the door opened and suddenly there was something wrapped around my legs. I looked down to see my little Joanna with her beautiful grey eyes full of tears.

I picked her up and carried her to the rocking chair and sat with her head against my chest waiting for her to tell me what happened.

"I was playin' with 'nother gurl and Unk James say time to go. I wanted stay at the park and play. He gots me and we went to the car and he said we was late and couldn't get ice cream."

The little tears came faster and faster. I carried JoJo to the little fridge in the shop and pulled out the last Popsicle I had saved just for the little brat in my arms. The door opened again and I thought it was James so I turned holding her up and said, "Aren't you missing something?"

I heard a laugh and then a voice rumble, that's when I saw him again. Braden. "She's not mine, but she's so cute I just may ask to keep her."

I started to speak when I heard a little voice say, "Who's you? You know my Mojo?"

"Mojo?"

"Yes honey, he knows me. Now where is your Uncle James? Didn't he bring you here?"

The door opened again and James walked in with his bombshell. She looked at Braden like her panties were going to melt off. I passed Joanna back to her uncle. I didn't want to be rude, Braden had gotten there first. I looked at him and asked if there was something wrong with the arrangement.

He shook his head, "No. I told you I would be back. I did forget one thing while I was here earlier. I know its late notice, but are you free for dinner tonight?"

I was shocked. Just like with all hot guys I assumed there was someone he was anxious to get back home too. I looked over at James and saw the smile on his face. Beside him his blondie was shooting me daggers with her eyes. I really did have plans that night, but nothing so serious that I couldn't go out to dinner with a really hot guy.

"I would like to go to dinner with you. Could you give me some time to go home and clean up? It's about 4 o'clock right now. I can be ready around six if that's ok? How should I dress?"

"Six works fine for me. Dress is causal; something similar to what you have on would be fine with me. I'll see you later."

I wrote down my address and handed it to him and gave him one last smile before he walked out the door. I turned to James and his fiancée Katie to find out what they were doing in my shop at closing time. They'd come to ask me to do the flowers for their wedding. I asked them to fill out a question sheet for me so I could get a general idea of what they were looking for and let them know they could email or fax it back to me if they preferred.

I went home super excited about my date. It was my first date in months. People kept saying how pretty I was or that I was beautiful, but I hadn't been able to get a date for months and I'd lost nearly all hope of ever dating again. I jumped in the shower, trying to focus on cleaning, but I kept thinking about those dark laughing eyes staring back at me. I got cleaned and dried off while I tried to decide what to wear.

I slipped into a pair of blue jeans and a yellow spaghetti strapped shirt with some heels to complete the outfit. I curled my hair again and applied some lip gloss and mascara. When I was done I heard the doorbell ring. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Standing there with a big smile was Braden. He looked really good wearing blue jeans and a green shirt.

"You look really nice. I'm glad you could join me for dinner. Is there anything you don't like to eat?"

"Thank you. I'll eat almost anything. What did you have in mind?"

"Well I'm a big man and I like to eat so I was thinking about a steak. How's that sound to you?"

"I'd say it sounds fine to me."

He opened the door for me and I took a step up into his truck. We made comfortable small talk on the way to the restaurant. I learned that he was a high school teacher and coach. He taught classes and coached football. He was 31 years old and his family moved to Florida when he was a teenager. We exchanged a lot of small first date info and I had a great time. He was impressed by the fact that I ordered a steak as well and not a salad.

Before I knew it hours had passed and people were filtering out of the restaurant. He paid the bill and we left. On the way home he asked me about little Joanna and I explained about her being my god daughter and her being my Jojo and me being her Mojo. When we got to my door we continued to talk and I really wanted him to kiss me. I'd felt this pull all night. When he finally did it reminded me of those cartoon characters with steam coming out of their ears. My toes curled and my arms went to his hair, it had come loose and I wanted to run my fingers through it all night.

When the kiss ended he smiled and said he would give me a call the next day and then he left.

The next few days were filled with phone calls from him and work. The conversations went long into the night and he asked me out again. Soon weeks had gone by and we'd gone on several dates and were still talking on the phone for crazy hours. Women would stare at him when we went out and they would give me looks like they were wondering what the hell he was doing with somebody like me. I didn't let it bother me because he was out with me.

A few weeks and several dates later I was having a great time with Braden. He made me laugh, smile, and incredibly horny. I thought about him constantly, sometimes it felt as if I would overheat with the thoughts I'd had of him. I thought about him shirtless, then in just underwear, and then naked and I got very excited. Our kisses were longer and more heated and I hoped he would make a move, but so far he hadn't.

I went over to Mel's house one Friday to talk about it. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. I'd never tried to seduce anyone so I really needed some help. Once I started having sex I knew what to do, but in previous encounters the man always started everything. I knew what I wanted but didn't know how to say it.

Danny opened the door with his usual smile and I waited on the little big girl to come flying out at me and into my arms as usual. This time I got a laugh from Danny saying she was with her Uncle James for the day.

I walked into the house and Mel came down the stairs looking like a super model as usual. I'd always wondered why she didn't want to become a model.

"Hey Mo, how are you today?"

"I'm fine hun, are you ready to go?"

"I'll be ready in just a minute I've got to find my purse. You go on to the car and I'll be right out."

I still found it funny that "I've got to find my purse" still meant "I have to make out madly with the man in my life." It's always been like that for as long as I could remember. She's the kind of woman that has lojack on her purse so I knew I would be waiting a few minutes for her to kiss her husband and pretend like she was actually looking for the bag.

We went to several stores that day and looked at a bunch of stuff. Some of it was either too trashy or too virginal. I needed something with a happy medium that would make him want to drop his pants. We came across a small store in Winter Park and I never would have thought it to be a lingerie store. As soon as I walked in I saw exactly what I was looking for. It was a purple Brazilian lace baby doll nightie.

I'm a slightly curvy woman, sporting hips and a small waist, I'm not very busty but I have to show that I am a woman. I just knew the purple would go with my chocolate brown skin and I was very excited to try it on.

I felt the lace slip over my body and I turned to look in the mirror and my mouth dropped open. My waist looked impossibly small and my breasts more full. I felt incredibly sexy. I changed back and was excited about the night of seduction I had planned for Braden.

Mel and I spent the rest of the day shopping for shoes and other nice things. I dropped her off at home and little JoJo met us at the door.

"Hey Ma! Hey Mojo!"

We both said a hello and got a hug. Then she gave us this look like she wanted to ask something but she was afraid to. That curious look little children give.

"What is it JoJo? What do you want to ask me? You know you are my favorite niece and you can ask me anything."

Rolling her little girl eyes and with the cutest giggle she said,

"Mojo what does cheatin' mean? I heard Unk James gerfwend say, 'I'm alweady cheatin on James I don't know if I can steal his money too.' She sounds different though. Why do she sound like cawtoons and then like a big girl? I asked Unk James, but he never answered my question."

I sat there shocked for a minute unsure of what to do. I looked at Mel and couldn't say anything.

That's when we heard the yelling.

"You fucking whore! My niece came to me and asked what cheating was and told me what was going on. Get the fuck out of this house now!"

Mel responded calmly as if nothing ever happened. I was about to say goodbye and go home, but what she said stopped me.

"I knew he should have met your first. We wanted you two to meet and get to know each other. We were sure you two were going to hit it off and then we found out about her. You two would have been a perfect match, but I'm glad you've found someone you like. Why don't we go inside and deal with this. I don't want to face it alone."

pmpkty
pmpkty
18 Followers
12