No Reservation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His footsteps were behind her. Down the hall she ran, smoke and fire billowing all around her, choking her throat and lungs. She could still hear him, thump, thumping down the hallway. She ran past the party room which was fully ablaze. Around the hallway she went, fighting through the smoke, the lighthouse painting on the wall was on fire, flames shooting out from the top of the lighthouse. The front desk area was on fire, the desk orange from the flames. Ray, the front desk clerk was slumped over the top, his arms extended, his hands reaching for the ground, blood dripping from the top of his head and pooling on the ground. On the couch was a lifeless couple, their bodies fully engulfed in flames. She ran to the front door and pressed her hands into the doors. The knob turned freely within her grasp but the doors wouldn't budge. She turned the knob and threw her body against it. The doors didn't move. Then, she saw the bar that had been nailed to the front door. It was sealing everyone in. She turned and saw Carl walking towards her through the swirling smoke and fire.

"I sealed everyone in. Do you see that?"

"Yes, you sick fucker." Somewhere she heard the sound of scraping metal and cracking wood. Flames popped and cracked all around her.

"My parents needed to die. Did anyone ever tell you that? These hotel guests needed to die too. You know why Sarah?"

"No, Carl, I don't know. Let me go! Can you do that?"

He ignored her, "I love fire. Love watching things burn within. I've grown so tired of hearing the same stories from the guests, year in and year out. You remind me of my Sarah. She worked here. She didn't want to date me anymore. It was the Inn's fault. Can't you see that?"

"No, Carl, I don't see that. I see that you're crazy."

"Be nice, Sarah. We'll be spending lots of time together, you and me. You were right about one thing, this Inn is haunted. By me. Come, Sarah, feel the blade and join us, forever. There's no other way."

While he had spoken, his hair had caught on fire, and he leaped at her, his hair shimmering with flames. His body hit her in the chest and she collapsed to the ground. She screamed. Glints from the fire sparkled off the blade which was hanging precariously above his head. Then, it fell swiftly and she felt the blade sink into the soft flesh of her stomach. A tearing sensation followed and then pain unimaginable. Strangely, she felt his hardness pressing into her leg.

"We will be together forever now, Sarah. You and me. I shall enjoy having you, very much." His back and now face had caught fire and his forehead was melting in front of her. She couldn't move. A sharp pain was stinging in her abdomen, again, and again. All pain ceased. Now the flames were licking over his face. His skin was peeling in front of her, his eyes popped; the nose scrunched up and melted into his face. Then part of his ghoulish skull was revealed, the eye sockets were now empty; flames were crackling up the sides. Still, he was moving about her, his hands groping, he seemed unphased by the flames that were devouring him. She wanted to see herself, her body felt hot (was it on fire?), but she couldn't move her head or her arms or legs. Everything went orange and yellow and she thought back to the horizon line, the trees on fire, and about how she thought the inn was on fire. Maybe it always was and always will be. She knew that she would see Carl again, six years from now, at this very inn. Maybe Michael would be there. She heard Carl laughing and cackling with glee. Noise stopped. Her world went black and she knew no more.

----------------------

"This is a risky investment, John, I know you know it."

"Quincy, there's no doubt about it, but I'm telling you, this place has that vibe, can't you feel it? Like the money vibe! We're sitting on a gold mine!"

"Aren't you wondering why we got this land for so cheap and so quickly?"

"I heard the story about it. Long time ago, early 1950's or something, there was an inn here. Everyone was burned to death during a fire on Halloween night in 1953. It was the Samhain Hallows Festival, like we had 3 weeks ago. They say this area is haunted; no one will come out here. It was 56 years ago for Christ's sakes! I don't believe a word of that superstitious nonsense."

"I'm sorry, John, but this place does give me the creeps. Like, something is off. Does that make sense? Don't you feel that? Hey, who do you suppose that BMW belongs to? Beautiful car. Weird that someone would park it in the old rotted parking lot."

"Not sure. I'll turn it over to the police, have it towed. Demolition of these trees and brush and old inn foundation starts next week. There is going to be one fine shopping outlet out here, Quincy. It's sorely needed, in my opinion."

The wind kicked up, sending a chill through him, and his hat went flying off his head. He bent down to get it and saw something skim quickly along the ground. He grabbed it. It was a damp handkerchief, with the initials SG on it. It was of good quality fabric, a little washing would fix it right up. He absentmindedly put it in his coat pocket and grabbed his phone. He had some more calls to make.