Nobility is Only a Word Ch. 02

Story Info
An evening of pain, of play, and the awakening of love.
4.3k words
4.44
18.5k
27

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/03/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jake was riven by anxiety as he waited for his sister to visit as they'd agreed. The house had fallen into an unnatural and unbearable silence in the hours since their earlier, playful exchange, and he didn't quite know what to make of it. It was true enough that, as siblings, they understood one another well, but it had never meant they grasped each other's personality and feelings completely. Just as she'd often been frustrated by how he hid his anxieties and his fears behind a veneer of what could almost be described as a parody of humour, he got the sense that her own quite direct and aggressive manner that she sometimes used was equally a false front for the same or similar reasons.

The fact Sasha had, therefore, spent most of the time she'd been staying at Jake's house in a constant state of angry indifference, both towards him and her own situation, was not something he'd failed to pick up on, or to have suspicions about. But it was, still, something he could only really guess the reasons for. It was, Jake supposed, a mystery to him as much as why Sasha ever chose to marry such an idiot in the first place was a mystery; Sasha was no fool, never had been or would be, and had always, as their English cousin loved to say in that broad, rumbling accent of the northern Englander, called 'a spade a spade'. She didn't hide from awkward truths, or cover up for people who made stupid decisions, and so for her to have done both for such a manipulative and unpleasant man for so long was frankly beyond Jake's understanding.

"Love is blind, right?"

Seemed appropriate, even if it was no less frustrating. In truth though, he'd never really understand it if she didn't just come out and say it, and he was certainly not stupid enough to try and make her say or do anything. Unless he was suicidal, which he wasn't just yet. Maybe after tonight, but not quite yet.

If he was honest though, mistakes like Sasha's weren't exactly uncommon anyway, and he'd made plenty of his own. Just take his old girlfriend Lucy, whom he had thought he'd loved for years, and had known since they were barely old enough to walk. It was hard to think you knew a person better, yet when the day came she turned on him, drunk and bitter, telling him in no uncertain terms just how much she had always hated him, he had still been completely blown away by it; so stunned, in fact, he had never responded to that declaration at all, and the breakup of that relationship hadn't so much ended in a bang as it did a sudden stop. Like how he imagined it would be to be to be hit by a car you never saw coming; he'd never expected it, and certainly hadn't had a chance to respond before it was over, and he had been broken and destroyed by it.

"Jake? You mind if I come in?"

Those words, spoken by the soft voice that was as familiar to him as his own, drew him quickly from his thoughts and regrets and he jumped from where he'd lay on the bed, the phone he'd been idly toying with sliding off to the floor with a dull thunk.

"Sure, come in Sash."

His sister swept in, a little cautiously, and he could see she was clearly feeling less than comfortable. She'd changed into a simple top and bottoms, both light purple, and if it weren't for the thoughts he'd just been having, or his worry for her evidently still low mood, despite their earlier laughter, he'd have found the way she stood in the doorway, fidgeting slightly with the hem or her top and eyes gazing at him from beneath her dark hair, to be the most captivating sight possible. As it was she simply looked a little lost and nervous, and he felt the brotherly instincts overtake the hormonal ones immediately. He gestured to her to join him and she padded over to him, sitting lightly on the end of the bed and he sat up fully, leaning against the headrest, and motioned her to lie beside him, which she did after a moment, and they remained in silence for a few short minutes, each trying to think what to say.

"You OK, Sash?"

He spoke as softly as he could, keeping carefully from touching her, to avoid making her feel as awkward as he did, though judging by her fidgeting, she felt that anyway, and looked sideways at her, smiling as warmly as he could. She met his eyes and returned his smile, though more than a little reservedly.

"Yeah, sorry Jake. I don't mean to be such a downer."

He frowned at her, choosing to risk things a little and taking her left hand in his right gently, doing his best to emphasise his words as he spoke.

"You're not, and never are. I'm just a bit worried about you sis. Normally, it takes an army of moms to shut you up, but since you've been here you've rarely left your room other than to kick my ass."

She slapped his arm lightly with her free hand, but laced her fingers in his with her left, holding him gently but firmly, and he felt a little more at ease. At the least, she didn't hate him, and that counted for a lot to Jake.

"Oh behave, you ass."

She spoke roughly, but he could see the smile in her eyes, even if it was a little fainter than normal, before she lowered them to their hands, bringing her right hand down on top of their own interlinked ones, stroking it gently as she clearly thought hard.

"I'm worried, Jake."

That was obvious, even to Jake, but he felt that saying that would not exactly land him in Sasha's good books, so he just waited for her to continue.

"So much has gone wrong so quickly, and I don't really know what to do about any of it. I had a life, Jake, a real one, even if I can see now it was just a charade. I'm not used to this Jake, not even a little bit. I'm not used to spending all my days at home, feeling like a parasite, like I'm just mooching on someone else. I haven't been able to pay a dime while I was here, and you've struggled so hard because of it. I can't stand feeling so useless, and yet when I think of working, of having to pretend to smile at people, I just can't take it."

Jake understood that, really, he did. Both he and Sasha had always been sensitive, very sensitive, when it came to other people. Trust was a commodity rarely given, and once lost, never replaced, with both him and his sister. To have it torn up in front of you, and with the person doing it laughing in your face as they strolled away was more heartbreaking and more painful than anything he'd ever experienced, and if he knew anything about Sasha, he knew he must be the same for her too. Unlike in his case, she'd even committed to marry the asshole who'd try to ruin her later. He, at least, was spared that particular humiliation. He had to say something, and he tightened his grip on her hand with his own, lifting her face to gently with the other and brushing away a stray hair as he spoke to her softly.

"You're many things Sasha, and sometimes criminally insane might be one of them, but you are not and never have been a parasite."

Smack!

So came the feeling of that familiar thump to his shoulder, and the by now all too familiar sharp pain that went with it, but it was worth it to see not just the way she smiled at him again, but the way she giggled softly in amusement. It was a wonderful sound, and always filled him with warmth to hear it.

"You don't know, Sash, you really don't, how wonderful it's been to have you in the house again. I never realised till we'd left how much I loved waking up to the sound of your infernal hairdryer blasting a hurricane down the hall, or the thud of your steps on the stairs whenever I bring pizza in. It's stupid in a way, and ridiculously corny, but just having you here is more than payment enough, and I know you'd do the same for me in a heartbeat. In fact, you once did."

Sasha looked like she was struggling to decide whether to hit him or hug him, and settled in the end on doing both, giving him a firm thump to the head even as she grabbed him for a tight hug, giggling again, sending wonderful vibrations through his chest as she did.

"You're a real idiot, have I ever told you that, Jake?"

"Well-"

"Save it, I know. But seriously, that right there is why I wish I could do more. You may be a frickin' dork, but you're my frickin' dork, and you have the sweetest side to you when you want to show it."

Jake took his turn to thwack Sasha on the shoulder this time, but almost as though to confirm her words, he never had the heart to do it as hard as she did to him, and it came off more as a gentle pat than a thump. This only seemed to make her smile wider, and with the hint of mischief playing around her mouth as she did.

"Yeah, well, what can I say? You try having a cute sister, and then try denying her anything."

Jake spotted the mischief grow, and thought he had a good idea what to expect next.

"Not just cute, but pretty nicely shaped too."

OK, not quite what expected, not even close. Jake was in a bind here: he could either accept the gauntlet she'd just thrown down, or walk away alive. But, as he thought on that, he realised it was never going to be a choice at all.

"Well," he said, making a point of passing his eyes over Sasha pointedly, "I suppose I can agree with that. Especially in the ass department."

Sasha blinked at him for a moment and he sensed he'd, for a welcome change, managed to stun her into silence. It was, like all his victories, short lived.

"Mhm, well, as nice a compliment as that is, I wonder what mom will think to it?"

As she spoke, he spotted an all too familiar phone emerging from her bottoms, and he wondered vaguely how she'd managed to get it into the pocket of the damn things with how tightly they fit her. Then his brain caught up with her actions.

"You wouldn't even-"

"Totally would even."

The contacts list popped up.

"Don't you push that button-"

"Totally pushing that button."

Mom's face appeared. It was time to act or die in the attempt.

"Gimmie that damn phone!"

"Nope!"

A life or death struggle for the survival of the race of Jake began and he dived on his sister, grasping for the phone with all his might. Unfortunately, though he wasn't exactly slovenly, he'd never been much of one for physical exertion, and her better stamina and lithe form made it impossible for him to get a grip on the phone.

"Initiating plan B"

"What-"

Her confusion gave way to furious giggles as he threw himself into tickling her smooth underarms, and the phone, though both failed to notice it, went sailing right over the side of the bed, landing neatly beside Jake's own, almost as if it had aimed to land there to begin with. Jake didn't notice his quickly won victory, desperate to prevent any chance of mom hearing a word of the conversation. He sank his fingers into her underarms and Sasha squealed, trying desperately to thrust him off her, and succeeding only in getting tangled in the bedsheets, with Jake planted firmly atop her.

"Gotcha now!"

Jake was jubilant, realising Sasha's phone was nowhere in sight. Relief poured through him, and when Sasha stuck her tongue out at him he struck again, this time purely for revenge, tickling her even more furiously than before.

"St-stop it Jaaaaaaake. Can't-catch-breath."

He didn't relent, not until she was crying with laughter, and as he finally exhausted himself he slowed down, his fingers decreasing speed until they were only lightly stroking Sasha's underarms, the both of them exhausted, and her hair in a tangled mess around her.

"You're such an ass, Jake. Like I would have dared."

Jake, knowing his lovely sister all too well, suspected she very much would have dared, just to see Jake suffer. He had a sneaking suspicion she was much more the type of girl next door who, when you finally got into her room, found a body harness strapped to the ceiling, than she was the sweet innocent flower. Now, thinking on it, there was a mental image he found both slightly unnerving and also oddly intriguing...

"Jake?"

He looked down at Sasha, whose face was still red, but her blue eyes met his own and he saw slight confusion there. Unsure what was wrong, he only noticed after a moment he was still lightly stroking her underarms, and had in fact, proceeded to begin stroking her arms from top to bottom, very gently. Blushing furiously he made to move away and off her, but her hands gripped his wrists gently as he moved.

"Don't."

She didn't elaborate, but he could see in her eyes the confusion had given way to something else. There was affection there, but also hints of something more...dangerous. It excited him enormously, far more than he could have anticipated, and obeying her unspoken request, he began stroking her arms again, more softly but also more deliberately, moving his hands from the very edge of her soft shoulder down to grasp the fingers at the end of her hands, rubbing them lightly, before moving back up again.

Neither of them said anything, but he felt his breathing pick up, just slightly, and noticed her own had too.

"Sash..."

She silence him swiftly, lifting her arms gently to his shoulders and pulling him down, and before he could even begin to understand what was happening their lips met, softly, and his brain stopped thinking altogether. He simply sank into the warm sea of feeling that welled up from her body, allowing himself to mould into her, forgetting for that wonderful moment just who it was he was kissing, just whose lips were filling his own with jolts of electric heat, and the way he could feel her heartbeat against his chest as surely as she must feel his.

Saying nothing he raised his hands up to her face, holding her gently as he removed his lips from hers, their breath breezing softly against each other, before he kissed her lightly on each cheek, putting all his feelings of affection and compassion for her into each kiss, and watching as he moved the way her eyes narrowed ever so slightly, the way her pupils dilated and the warmth they both felt was reflected in them, as he knew they were reflected in his.

They held each other softly after that, staring into each other's eyes for what felt like the fiftieth time that day, and yet, he felt as much excitement and happiness this time as he had every time up until this point as they simply lost themselves in thoughts of each other.

"Sasha, you're beautiful."

It was a simple, bland statement, but it was a statement of fact, and filled completely with the truth of his feelings as he spoke the words. He saw the smile in her eyes as she looked back at him before pulling his head forward, nuzzling her lips against his neck as she breathed her response.

"You always say the sweetest things, Jake."

She trailed her lips over his neck, not kissing it, but simply feeling her way across and up it with her lips, before sucking the edge of his chin into the edge of her mouth, kissing it firmly, and with a heat that surprised him even as it sent a rush of pleasure racing through his body.

"I meant it, you know. Just you being here is all I need, all I want. Don't ever let what's happened make you forget that. You once told me, years ago, that what that bitch had said to me was worthless not because it was spoken through drink, but because you knew every word was untrue, and never could be true. You should remember that too, Sash, especially now."

She sighed, nuzzling her lips against his cheek this time, the breath through her nose heating his already flushed cheeks and he wrapped an arm around her back, gripping her tightly against him to emphasise his point, but also, he had to admit, because the way her sweet body pressed against his filled him with a desire he'd not felt since Lucy, perhaps even greater than that had ever been.

"I know, Jake, and I know you mean it. It's why I love you, bro."

Sasha smiled at him and he tightened his grip further, gripping her so hard in fact, it was hard to tell where his body ended and hers began, and it was a feeling that washed all the anxiety they'd both been feeling that day away as though it had never been there to begin with.

"I love you too, Sash."

He kissed her lips again, gently, and she returned it with a little more force this time. He could feel her soft tongue pushing the boundaries of her own lips, but sensing neither of them were ready for anything that bold yet, he broke the kiss, in an unusual show of restraint for him. But he saw the knowing grin on her face, and to his surprise, she pulled him down again, for a more forceful but still chaste kiss. She did, however, press her body that little more forcefully against him, her breasts now nearly flattened against his chest, her highly stimulated nipples burrowing into his chest, and filling him with excitement again. This was not at all how he'd expected their chat to go, but as they lay together, he felt sure it couldn't have gone better. Sasha reached her hands behind her back and grasped his own, holding them there, but lacing her fingers in his again and holding him tightly against her. Jake sensed she wanted to speak, and waited patiently, nuzzling his lips against her cheek again, and seeing the smile in her face broaden and the absolute trust there was incredible to see; a wonderful privilege.

"I'd wanted kids, you know. We'd talked about it, made some plans." Sasha sighed, and the sigh passed through both of them as she did, her eyes losing their light briefly for a moment. "He was so excited at the thought, said he'd always wanted that, especially with me. Said we could raise our kids to be so brilliant, so wonderful. "Just like you, Sasha", those were his words."

Her hands tightened their grip to a vice on Jake's own, and he kissed her cheek softly again, urging her on without a word, reassuring her the best he could.

"Then the excuses came: it's too early yet, it's too expensive right now, we need to get our careers going, maybe once I finish college, maybe once we pay off the debt on the house. It was a constant stream, and even as each new excuse crushed me harder than the last, I never said a thing against any of them. After all, they all seemed sensible, and we were only young. Are only young, I suppose."

She gave a self-effacing smirk and Jake, not liking that one bit, kissed her lips again this time, but releasing her as her eyes softened, moistening with emotion as she continued.

"When I found out about the other girls, you know what he said? He said that "you just aren't mother material, I need to play the field before I commit, Sasha." He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world, and he was so certain about it I almost believed him, almost accepted his excuses."

Sasha started to cry as she spoke, shoulders moving softly in silent sobs, and Jake pulled her even tighter to him, laying one of his cheeks against her own, whispering into her ear.

"You know that's not true. I know it's not true. Whenever I think of who I want to raise my kids if I have them one day, it's always your face, your soft, caring face, that comes to my mind. You will never be inadequate, and especially not for that."

Sasha stared up at him for a few moments, eyes still shining, the pain still pulsing in them, before she leaned her face up and kissed him again and this time, their tongues did meet, very briefly, and the pulse of electric ecstasy that passed through him was unimaginable, making him shudder as they broke apart. His now pulsing cock pressed tighter against her abdomen, throbbing in excitement, her face not even flinching as she clearly felt it. Instead she just smiled at him again, eyes still soft, and the pain fading slightly.

"You know Jake, if you're not careful, you'll give a girl diabetes with all that damned sugar. It's lucky I'm your sister, or I'd have to whack you one for being such a softie."

Jake grinned at that and she released his hands, clearly anticipating the need for them to come.

"It's lucky I'm an idiot, or the brain damage you give me with every assault would've made the whole damn country aware you're a violent maniac by now."

12