Not As Naive As You Think Ch. 03

Story Info
Hidden secrets come to the surface.
3.7k words
4.52
13.7k
23

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 09/17/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey, you guys! I'm back, sorry for the wait but so much has been going on in my life lately. Anyways, I'm back with chapter three and this will answer a lot of your questions about some of the characters. My grammar is still a work in progress but I'm seriously working on it. I broke some serious point of view rules in this chapter, I hope it doesn't make it too difficult to understand, I marked each POV switch. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Miss Wolfy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

First Person

Both Kiara and I sat on one of the beds chatting away, clad in our pajamas while a movie played on the TV.

"Ok, so tomorrow we're going shopping. Wes said there is also this great restaurant he wants to take us to before we leave," Kiara said as she casually flipped through some magazines.

"You mean, take you," I mumbled under my breath. "Oh, that's cool, sounds exciting," I said with faked happiness.

"Knock, knock," came from the door before Wesley poked his head into the room.

"So much for waiting for an answer," I mumbled again, missing the smirk forming on Wesley's face.

"You know, Asena, if you don't stop glaring at me like that you're going to get wrinkles," he teased coming all the way in the room.

"Haha. Do I look like I'm in the mood for your jokes Wesley?" I asked more pissed off than I was 20 seconds ago. "What is going on? What was that at the club?" I demanded getting up from the bed.

"Asena, calm down, I know you're just worried about Ashton. Don't worry, he can handle himself, trust me," Wesley winked at me.

"Wesley, stop messing with her, can't you see she's completely distraught without her lover," Kiara added, making fun of me. "But seriously Asena everything is fine," Kiara said before switching to another magazine. "Ashton left us with good protection," she said winking back at Wes.

"I just wanted to let you girls know I'm about to head out for a little bit. I think it would be best if you don't leave this room or open the door for anyone until I come back tomorrow, ok?" Wes asked, leaning against the door frame. His presence made the room seem much smaller.

"I thought you weren't supposed to leave until Ashton came," I reminded him.

"I'm actually going to see him now. He said there was no reason for him to come out here. He apologizes if he scared you ladies at the club," he said as he stood up. "Well, I'll be on my way, I'll call you tomorrow, Kia."

Wes was heading out the room when Kiara jumped up from the bed. "Wait!" Kiara ran up to Wesley wrapping her arms around his neck before giving him a kiss. "You weren't planning on leaving without saying goodbye, were you?" Kiara teased before nipping his neck.

"Of course not," he growled lightly as she continued to plant small kisses on his neck. "Come on, babe, I have to go," he said detaching her arms from around his neck. "I'll see you in the morning," he said placing one last kiss on her lips before exiting the room.

I sat on the bed a bit hurt by the fact that Ashton didn't think she was reason enough to come over. Then again those types of men were arrogant and trouble anyway, I tried to convince myself.

"Asena, why are you so hard on him?" Kiara asked as she picked up her magazine and sat back on the bed.

Briefly looking at her I explained, "Kiara, he's keeping something from us. He's not who you think he is. I know that sounds crazy but every time I'm around him I get this weird feeling. The feeling was almost overwhelming at the club."

"What exactly are you feeling?" Kiara asked again focused intently on her magazine.

"I don't know Kia. I just feel like something is inside me, almost like I can sense better. I know more. I'm more aware," I tried to describe it.

"That's because you can and there is," Kiara replied casually.

"What?"

"Asena you must understand what I'm about to explain to you isn't going to make much sense at first," Kiara started.

Impatiently I asked, "explain what Kia?"

"Okay, I guess first it will probably be easiest to say, well uh, none of this is going to be easy," she stopped to take a deep breath. "Now I know you might not believe any of this at first but I'm going to need you to keep an open mind. Alright, so remember how you said you sensed something different about Wes and some people at the club?" Kiara waited until I nodded before she continued.

"Well that's because they aren't human. Wesley, he's a Werewolf and majority of the people at that club were too."

"Okay, I'm not saying I believe any of this but continue."

"Well, me and you are Weres too," Kiara rushed out, "that's why you sensed them."

"Kiara what? Stop playing around, I know you're not, because even if I could "sense" Weres like with Wesley; I've never sensed anything with you," I stated getting a little worked up.

"Asena, calm down. That's because we are dormant right now. So you can't sense me because my wolf is suppressed, honestly with your wolf being bound you shouldn't even be able to sense any Were," Kiara said staring at me.

"Okay, well why are we dormant then?"

"Because of your parents," Kiara responded.

"My parents, Erick and Tasha?" I asked more confused than ever.

"Sena I know this is going to be hard to believe but they aren't your real parents. Your real parents were the High Alphas of America for hundreds of years. No other Alpha or pack came even close to their power," Kiara paused at she stood up and started pacing the room.

"Well over time more Alphas started striving for power. Your parents, were the most giving, loving, and powerful Alphas in existence at the time. Many Alphas came to join up with them and in turn gained power through their loyalty. But others became jealous and sought ways to bring them down. As time went on enemy packs took in pack members that betrayed your parents."

"If my parents were so powerful why didn't they just eliminate those against them?" I asked the most logical question I could think of.

"Well, that's where you come in. Your parents for many years tried to have an heir. But for some reason they weren't able to produce a child. So in the years that followed and after many failed attempts they finally gave up hope of ever having their own child. Then with all the threats of war that came, it made sense to agree that the second in command would become the next Alpha in line. But unexpectedly the Madam Alpha became pregnant," Kiara stopped pacing to look at me, "with you," she paused again to let it sink in.

"Your parents were built on love and peace. To use their power to destroy all their enemies was their last resort. With much counseling from the other High Alphas from around the world; including the Alphas Auway, Alphas Marchette, Alphas McFayden, and Alphas Desmond. The most powerful in all the world agreed that being the true heir to their power, all should be done to make sure you were protected. Only the Alphas most trusted were informed about Madam Alphas pregnancy.

Wolf pregnancy of course doesn't take as long as humans, so four months later, Asenath Maria Achaia was brought into the world," Kiara stopped to collect herself.

Everything was floating around my head at the moment, "well, continue. What happened to my parents?" I asked, my heart pounding a thousand miles per hour wondering about what truly happened to my real parents.

"A few nights after you were born the Achaia Territory was attacked. No one knew if the attackers had known if you existed or not but that didn't matter. Your parents had a plan just in case it came to that. As soon as the enemies hit the territory you and your mother were to be flown to France to stay with the Desmond Pack. But the driver who was to transport you to the aircraft betrayed you and your mother had to fight. She was able to kill off the Were but was injured in the process. She ran as far as she could with you, she had no way to call for help not knowing who to trust anymore. But by some miracle, Erick, your adopted father found her near unconsciousness curled around you in wolf form to protect you. He knew he couldn't save her at this point.

Your mother used the last ounce of power she had to beg him to care and protect you. And ever since then you've been living with them," Kiara finished before turning to look at me.

"How did Erick hear her while she was in wolf form?" I asked wiping the tears from my face.

"Erick and Tasha are Half-Weres. They can never truly shift but they can feel their wolf and sense better than most humans. And even if they weren't Weres, like I said your parents were the most powerful at the time and it took very little power to project a thought to a human if they wished."

"Well, I have some idea of why I'm dormant now but why are you?"

"Technically I am supposed to be a beta part of the Desmond Pack. Well not technically, my parents currently rank at second in command in their pack and as their daughter I would now rank as a beta. But when word came that you were alive, High Alpha Desmond decided it would be best to keep you a secret and used several of his own pack members to make it possible. Your name became Asena Davis rather than Asenath Achaia. But in my opinion, Asena is still quite obvious. Our freshman year in high school I had moved from France in order to keep an eye out for you along with my aunt and uncle," Kiara continued to explain.

"Wait, what is a beta? And what is second in command?" I asked since I was still confused from when she'd mentioned it earlier.

"Oh, sorry. Alpha is the highest rank in the pack, pretty much equivalent to a king. Next comes your second in command who is basically your High Beta, highest ranking among the betas, who are the warriors or fighters in the pack. But the second in command is basically considered the right hand man. And finally you have the omegas which includes the working class, who help keep the pack running. Without the omegas you don't have a pack. Some packs also have the theata rank that would consist of the middle class and then the omegas would be bumped down to the servants and working class.You understand better now?" Kiara asked.

"I think so, but what's the difference between High Alpha and Alpha?"

"There are many Alphas around the world but there are only a handful of High Alphas, occasionally called Elders. The High Alphas each have there own pack in which they are present with at all times but these Alphas possess an unique power which outranks them among the other Alphas," Kiara tried to help me understand.

"Okay I understand now. So for the past seven years you have been living here protecting me? What about your parents? They just sent you away to watch me?"

"They didn't just send me, I had my aunt and uncle with me at all times and we traveled back to France many times so I could be with them. But my parents are the High Betas and their duty was to be with the pack. I'm dormant because it was the safest way for me to be with you without drawing attention. The day you were born your parents bound your wolf to stay dormant until you become of the age that they chose or until they uplift the bounding. Mine is supposed to wear off within the year. But yours I'm unsure of. Maybe High Alpha Desmond knows. Perhaps we could ask him, if you really want to know. But look Asena I know this is a lot to take in but you have to believe me, this life is wonderful," Kiara tried to explain.

"So my mother sacrificed her life for me?"

"They both did. Your father stayed back fighting off any strays that tried to go after you guys."

Everything started to clash in my head. 'Have I been living a complete lie. Did my parents really give up their lives for me.' I felt my heart tightening at the thoughts. 'And Kiara. To think that she too has been living a complete lie for me. Kia, my best friend, has sacrificed her life with her family to watch out for me.'

"Kia-Kiara, I don't feel so good I-" I was cut short by a gut stabbing pain I felt in my stomach.

"Asena?" Kiara called when she saw me abruptly grab my stomach. "Oh God, not now!" Kiara exclaimed as I fell to the floor in pain shaking.

I couldn't control myself anymore, it was like someone else was in charge of my body. I ended up growling at Kia causing her to back away. The fire in my body began to feel like an inferno and I began seeing black spots invading my line of vision.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Third Person

Ashton was finally taking a break from all the work that had piled up on his desk, when Wesley walked in.

"Do you ever knock?"

"Don't really see the point considering you knew I was coming," was Wesley's smartass response.

"Ugh, whatever. I called you in to tell you that we will be heading back to the compound by weeks end," Ashton announced while moving some papers around on his desk.

"Wait, what?" Wesley stated shocked. "The meeting is ending already? Does that mean the threat is gone?" Wesley continued firing off questions.

"Wesley, you are second in command now, please try to at least act like you know what's going on," Ashton said while running a hand through his hair. "To answer the most important question, no, we have not come to a solution but all the Alphas agreed that its safest for all the packs, that the Alphas are present. Which is why we are leaving," Ashton finished.

"Alright. Should I inform the pack of our return?" Wes asked turning serious at the news of return.

"Yes, I would also like you to inform Trenton that I want the pack on full lock down before our return. Meaning all supplies and materials should be fully stocked and no one is to leave pack grounds until I otherwise tell them. The threat that has been killing off members of multiple packs seems to be looking for something and is showing no mercy. There's no way in hell I'm gonna let any member of my pack to be killed off by these rogues," Ashton growled, feeling his wolf coming to surface.

"Okay, I'll call him right away. Do you think the Durken brothers at the club have anything to do with this?" Wesley asked seeing his alpha was battling his wolf.

"They didn't say anything to make me think so, they seemed more interested in the girl I had wrapped around me. But my wolf seems to think their up to something, so we need to keep tabs on them for now," he ran his hands through his hair again, trying to find the peace he lost when this whole thing started.

"Okay, well I'm going to go cal-" he was interrupted by his phone buzzing in his pocket. He pulled it out and realized it was Kiara. He had planned to let it go to voicemail but thought better of it.

"Uh, yes Kiara?" Wesley answered sheepishly knowing his alpha was listening.

"Wesley! Oh my God, thank goodness! You have to get here quick! It's Asena...s-she's s-s-s-"

"Kiara, honey. Slow down. Breath, now tell me what's going on," Wes tried to calm her while glancing at Ashton, knowing full well that he could hear the conversation.

"S-she's shifting!" Kiara yelled into the phone.

"Kiara, what are you talking about?" Wesley asked, he heartbeat picking up a bit.

"She's shifting into her wolf," Kiara whispered quietly through the phone.

Wesley looked at the phone in disbelief. One reason was because he was shocked Kiara knew about Weres. But then again he should've noticed the signs now that he thoght about it. The second reason was the fact that Asena was shifting. How in the world did he miss that she was a Were?

Wesley looked back over at Ashton, who was now walking toward him, his face hard as he grabbed the phone from Wesley. "Kiara? This is Ashton, what do you mean shifting into a wolf?" He didn't want to assume that they were talking about the same shifting.

"Into a werewolf! Exactly what I said! Are you going to help or not?" Kiara yelled becoming agitated that they were asking so many questions.

Ashton growled at her tone of voice toward him before saying, "We are on the way. I want you to stay on the phone with Wes and stay away from Asena. We don't know how much control Asena has over her wolf, so you could be in danger." Ashton handed the phone back to Wesley after hearing him growl at the thought of his mate being hurt.

"Let's go." Ashton said grabbing his keys from his desk then rushing out the door with thousands of questions roaming through his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Third Person

Kiara still sat there staring at Asena in unbelief. 'How could this be happening already?' She thought to herself.

"Asena? Can you hear me? Asena, everything's going to be okay," Kiara said as she helplessly watched as she continuously cringed in pain.

Just then Wesley and Ashton came bursting through the door. Immediately, Wes came over and pulled Kiara from Asena.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt? Didn't we say to stay away from her? You could've been hurt!" Wes growled out, feeling his wolf coming close to the surface.

"Wes, I'm fine but now is not the time to lose your temper. Asena is changing and needs help. And you, are you just going to stand there staring or are you going to help?" Kiara asked turning towards Ashton, who was still standing by the door with his eyes stuck on her

Asena.

"Alright Kia, we'll do what we can but stay over there," Wes said walking towards Sena before hearing a growl from his Alpha.

'Alpha, I know this is all very confusing but she needs help.' Wesley spoke through their telepathic bond before continuing towards her.

'Wesley, if you take one more step towards her I will rip your throat out,' Ashton growled at him before walking towards her himself.

'Ashton, I don't think that's the best idea your wolf is pretty close to surface,' Wes tried to reason while going towards her again.

At that moment Ashton shifted into his wolf charging at Wesley, pinning him to the ground. 'MINE!' He growled through their bond, shocking Wes. He quickly raised his neck and submitted to his Alpha.

After making sure Wes had truly submitted to him Ashton finally pushed his wolf back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kiara yelled running up to Ashton.

"Kiara..." Wesley warned.

"No! You think because you are the Alpha you can just go around acting like a fool. You could've hurt Sena with that little stunt!"

Anger was radiating off of both Ashton and Kiara at this point. "I would never hurt her," Ashton said in such a calm voice making him more scary than if he was yelling.

"Yeah, well that was some way to prove it," Kiara said under her breath.

Ashton kneeled down next to Asena. The expression he made gave Kiara and Wesley the impression he could feel the pain she was going through.

At the moment white fur was beginning to sprout out of her skin, right before she gave a piercing scream.

"Can't you guys do something? Look at her! It's not supposed to be like this!" Kiara said trying to keep herself from hyperventilating.

"There is nothing we can do now. If we had known earlier we could've given her something for the pain but it's too late now. The best thing we can do now is try to make her more comfortable," Ashton explained brushing his hand lightly against the fur growing on her face.

"Okay, you can put her on the bed."

"No, that's not the best idea. We don't know anything about her wolf, she could end up just shredding the bed apart," Wes said watching his Alpha show so much tenderness towards his mate. He was happy his Alpha found his mate after all this time, they truly believed he'd never find her.

"Do you have some spare blankets? We can set up a pallet on the floor for her," Ashton said not taking his eyes off of his mate.

"Yeah, I'll go get them," Kiara claimed before leaving the room to find the blankets.

About twenty minutes after the never-ending pain, Asena had fully changed into a beautiful white wolf.

"She's asleep for right now. I think her body was trying to reject her wolf so it caused her to have to use more strength than usual. She's probably going to be asleep for a good few hours. Which gives you plenty of time to explain exactly what's going on little missy," Ashton said staring down at Kiara. He hated having to watch his mate go through all that pain while unable to do anything.

12