Not Just Another Blood Bag Ch. 02

Story Info
A guilty conscious at a blood drive.
3.2k words
4.24
11.1k
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 07/16/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was warm, really warm and couldn't understand why. Heather let her eyes drift open; she dazedly looked around her room. Her clothing was everywhere; her belongings in boxes, the floor didn't look like there was space to walk and she was fully clothed. She stretched out the length of her bed and frowned as her hand hit something. She grabbed it and brought it closer to see what it was, the phone. Groggily she searched she mind as to why her phone was in her bed and she was fully dressed. She gasped as it suddenly it all came rushing back to her. The day from hell: Justin and the red head, the break up, her couch, running, Mark, the blood drive and today's shopping trip. Heather yawned and rolled onto her stomach, and glanced up at her clock. Damn 9 am just enough time to shower, find something to wear and eat before heading out.

She slid out of bed, ungracefully tripped on the edge of a box, grabbed the closest stack of clothes, and headed to the bathroom still all in one piece. Heathers apartment was definitely small, one bathroom, a bedroom, kitchen and living room barely enough space for all her stuff. Which was the reason they'd decided as a couple that moving into Justin's place would be for the best. His bedroom was the size of her whole apartment.

Conceited arrogant asshole.

Heather shoved him to the back of her mind, deciding to enjoy her shower instead. She placed the clothing on the counter, grabbed out a fresh towel from under the sink and started to disrobe. She glanced up into the mirror and saw nothing she liked, or anyone else would like. Not seeing why she had thought anyone would marry her in the first place. She had unruly curl brown hair; hazel eyes that where only ever seen as brown, large wide feet, and a figure that absolutely didn't resemble an hourglass.

I thought I was going to stop worrying about this. I only have to get through today and I'll be over the hump she thought to herself.

Heather stepped into the steamy mists of her shower and let her mind wander. The blood drive would be interesting, especially if they could get Paradise out of the car for it. Lunch would be horrible, but she made a silent promise to make it up to her self in shoes and expensive lingerie. So what if she didn't have anyone to share it with, that didn't mean she couldn't lounge around in it all by herself. She considered picking up a new pair of fuzzy slippers too as she washed her hair with deliciously fruity scented shampoo. Mmm… but I can only afford to spend about two hundred dollars she thought. Guess that means I only get new one pair of heels. Heather rushed through the rest of her shower before finally turning off the water and toweling herself dry.

"What to wear? What to wear?" She said to no one in particular and started to pick through her pile of clean clothing.

From the other side of her bathroom door a profoundly masculine voice reply, "Well I was thinking that your frilly black skirt and pink blouse would be fitting for me to take you to lunch in."

Her heart stopped for a second as she registered whose voice it was. Instantly her full-blown wrath reared up. "Justin get the FUCK OUT of my APARTMENT!" She grabbed the closest thing to her and pulled it on, not caring about her clothes but the infuriating man outside her bathroom door. Heather wrenched to her bathroom door open to look out at the smug asshole leaning across her doorframe.

"I said get out!" she threatened in a hell-hath-no-fury tone mixed with a not so subtle take no prisoners glare.

"Ah my dear, but if I leave now I wont be able to take you to lunch. I really think we need to talk darling. You didn't have to get all dressed up for me you know. " His eyes roamed over her frame from just the other side of the door, roughish smirking at her. His voice was too smooth, his blue eyes soft and passionate undressing her out of the daisy dukes and light brown tank top she had thrown on.

"Get out." She sent him death glared and him when he didn't budge, "I don't give a shit about your lunch Justin. I walked in on you fucking another girl, or have you forgotten -already? To me that spells O-V-E-R for any relationship with no exceptions, no take backs, and no "I'm sorry". So just get the hell out of my life and give back my key."

Before Justin could respond there was a knock at her apartment door. His smirk faded and his expression grew dark, "We'll continue this later." He turned toward the front door and yanked it open, storming out.

Heather followed closely behind, yelling at his back as he walked away. "Fine, you cheating asshole! Don't give me back my key! I'll change the stupid locks!!" Heather huffed and slammed the door sliding down wall beside the door. Her head slipped into her hands and she resisted the urge to cry.

Why me?

The front door to Heather's apartment opened cautiously but still managed to hit her foot. It wouldn't have hurt if she had put her shoes on before confronting Justin. Instead Heather grimaced and looked up at her invaders, Sydney, Paradise, Devon, and little Sylvia. They all had a similar mixture of sadness, confusion, and anger running cross their faces; Paradise's a little more enraged then the others.

Well I guess I don't have to break the news to them any more.

 

Sylvia was the first to talk, leaning in with her big eyes. "You ok Heather?" If Heather wasn't ready to cry before, she was now. She buried her eyes into her knees and sighed helplessly.

"I'm fine, Sylvia don't worry about it ok." Heather replied softly then glanced up at the adults crowed into the small entryway of her apartment. "That goes for all of you guys as well." Paradise was giving Devon the "do something" look; Devon was confusedly looking away, not certain as to everything that was going on; Sydney in all her short girl glory was glancing at Heather sadly, unsure of what to do; and Sylvia looked like all she wanted to do was give and receive a big hug.

Heather struggled to her feet from her spot on the floor. "If you guys will give me a minute I'll change into something more appropriate and we can go." She turned and headed into the bathroom when Sydney grabbed her arm.

"You look great Heather, just put on some make up and sandals and your ready to go. You've always been able to look good in anything." Heather smiled at Sydney. The girl was always so sweet.

"Alright I'll be out in a minute. Go ahead and make yourselves at home." Heather closed the bathroom door behind her and slumped onto it, letting out a huge exasperating sigh. I can do this. She grabbed the box that she had packed her bathroom essentials into and made quick work of find her makeup. With a few brush strokes she applied a coat of eyeliner and waterproof mascara, just to be safe. She shook her hair out in an attempt to dry it faster, and looked at her self in the mirror. Hmmm… grab some Chapstick, some shoes, and my purse and I'm good to go. Heather opened the bathroom door just as a thunderous crash sounded through her apartment. She glanced beyond the kitchen into her living room to see her couch at a funny angle. She rushed passed Sydney who stood dumbstruck in the kitchen, over to her couch to see Devon and Sylvia sunken unnaturally into her furniture.

"I forgot to warn you about the couch, I kind of kicked the s—," Heather looked at the innocent young Sylvia, "umm I kicked it really hard last night when I was mad. Sorry I forgot the warn you." Heather walked over to Devon and offered him a hand to pull himself out. He shook his head like any man with a bruised rear and hurt pride and declined, opting to push himself free of the couch instead. Heather decided to help Sylvia free and was surprised when the little girl wound her arms around her neck. Heather smiled at the little girls attempt to cheer her up, "Do you want your daddy to hold you Sylvia? I need to go get my shoes on so we can go."

The little girl shook her head and instead jumped down to run off to Sydney's direction. Devon smiled at her and simple stated, "Sylvia and I aren't tagging along today we just came by to drop Paradise off, before we head to the park." He rolled his dark gray eyes good-naturedly and said, "Her beamer is at the dealership for a check up." Heather laughed and smiled at Devon before walking the distance into her room to hunt for a pair of shoes.

Paradise was propped up on the bed, adjusting her deep red top and fiddling with her snuggly fitting jeans. She glanced up at her best friend looking hurt and simply said, "You should have said something Heather."

Heather glanced down at her bare feet and replied, "I didn't want to have to relive it just yet. I figured the shopping would help, I never expected him to show up. I was going to tell you and Sydney at lunch." Heather looked away an instantly spotter a cute pair of heels not far from her purse and she immediately walked over to grab them.

"Come on Par, let's go. This place is too depressing."

The group left the building all together funneling through the small hallways to the parking lot before heading their separate ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um… guys…. Where are we?"

Heather nibbled the corner of her lip again glancing sideways at Sydney who getting out of the driver's seat. Instead of replying to her best friend, Heather hap-hazardly marched into the open blood donation clinic; Sydney and Paradise close at her heels. Her eyes slide over the content of the small building: white walls, chairs, a few nurses, paper work, special blood donation chairs set up with the empty bags, and in the far back corner there was a table filled with goodies and drinks. Behind her Paradise gasped, "I thought we where going shopping?!"

Heather grabbed Sydney's hand for support, "We are, after I donate blood. Don't worry Par, you don't have to, you can go wait in the car if you feel like it. It's shouldn't take all that long." Heather turned away and situated her self into line of people in chairs waiting to be helped, to fill out the necessary paper work. A wave of light-headedness rushed over her and she slumped slighting into her chair.

Through a back door in the building, Mark, all six foot plus of him, strode through the door. Heather smiled and waved to him, he instantaneously smirked at her in recognition and headed her way. Sydney, who had situated herself next to her best friend, sighed romantically as he walked towards them.

"Who is that?" Sydney silently fiddled with her blue-green top as the man approached.

Heather smiled secretly to herself and thought. Over course the young romantic would fall for the stud, it's almost as cheesy as all those books. Heather waited until Mark was standing in front of the two women before she greeted him. "We meet again Mark, under less painful circumstances! This is a friend of mine that I brought for moral support. Her name is Sydney." She motioned to the car outside. "I'd introduce you to Paradise, but she's afraid of needles and chose to wait in the car."

Mark smiled purely for Sydney's benefit and said, "It's nice to meet you Sydney. It's sad that such a beautiful young thing like yourself and is not going to donate blood today."

Sydney fiddled with her earring and looked shyly up into Mark's big green eyes. "Well I guess I could… I mean I'm already here and everything so I don't see why not." Mark's eyes darkened as he smiled down at her and Sydney's green eyes shined right back. Heather, who been enjoying the playful banter between the two, gasped as her stomach started cramping in a full fledge revolt in the fact she hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours. Mark and Sydney turned their attention back to Heather, Mark placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you ok?" They both asked in unison.

Heather grimaced and responded, "I haven't eaten anything and my stomach's revolting."

Mark immediately took action striding over to the table and grabbing some food. Sydney looked worriedly over at Heather and gave her some calm advice. "Just breathe hun, it'll help with the cramps. Here, Mark grabbed you some food." She said in a calm voice snatching the food from Mark in an attempt to get it into Heather faster.

Heather frowned up at Mark, "I can't eat that. I haven't given blood yet, that's SO cheating." Sydney stubbornly frowned at her looking as though she was going to force feed her best friend. Mark frowned also, but took a slightly different approach.

"Eat Heather. They won't let you donate if you haven't eaten anything."

Heather stubbornly took a cookie and scowled at the two, conspiring against her and they'd only just met. After another cookie or two, and Mark had moved a chair to sit in front of them, and Sydney turned to look her best friend. "You know you shouldn't let him get under you skin Heather. You not eating isn't going to help anything."

Mark frowned quizzically at them, obviously not in the loop. "Not let who get under her skin?" He asked to Sydney but was concentrating on Heather's body language for hints.

Heather stubbornly refused to comment to either of them and she folded her arms in front of her chest. She purposely turned her attention in the opposite direction.

Sydney instead attempted to fill Mark in, "She dumped her fiancée yesterday for cheating."

Heather snapped instantly, she didn't want to be talked about like she wasn't even in the room.

"It's not that I'm refusing eating because of Justin! I just forgot. I was tired last night and I didn't have time this morning. Besides it wasn't just that I dumped him for cheating, I walked on him with some red head on the dinning room table." Marks jaw dropped, Sydney gasped and Paradise's loud voice cracked through the room in uneven tones.

"WHAT?!"

Heathers head snapped around to see Paradise strolling over towards them. "What are you doing back in here? You don't like needles." Her tones where just as pushy and uneven, but at least she had a right to be.

Paradise shrugged, "I got bored. You can only listen to so much Britney Spears music before you start to gag or get a headache and I couldn't figure out her weird ass radio. So I gave up."

Sydney fumed at Paradise, "How can you say that!? Britney is awesome!"

"Because it's true," Mark, Heather and Paradise all chimed in at the same time and then began to laugh.

Mark looked at Paradise, "You must be the lovely Miss Paradise that Heather was referring to earlier. I'm Mark." He extended his hand out in a friendly gesture. Paradise glared and squeezed his hand knowingly. "Nice to meet you Mark, but don't look at my best friend that way."

Mark was taken aback by her bluntness, "Which way do you mean?" He asked her quizzically.

"The bedroom eyes look that you've been giving Sydney since I got here. You're not going anywhere near her bedroom mister until I know your full intentions." She said, pointing at him and glaring menacingly.

Heather sighed and rolled her eyes. She knew the drill. Mark was smirking silently at the whole situation. Sydney on the other hand was nervous as hell silently telling Paradise to shut up and not ruin her chances. Paradise slid her attention away from Mark and back to Heather, "Oh and don't think you're getting off the hook missy. I want to know everything!"

Heathers eyes went wide with a deer in the head light look. Uh-oh she's on a roll. Better find a place to hide. Just then Heather savior came in the form of a tired over worked nurse, "Miss? You're next." Heather stood to follow, but the nurse continued to her patrons "how many of you will be donating blood today?"

Sydney chimed in that she would be, while Paradise sent her best friend a this-isn't--over-yet look. "I'm just her for moral support." Paradise smiled sweetly at the nurse as the lady turned to leave. Heather followed her over to a little cubicle.

"First I need to you fill out this paper work. Then we'll test the iron in your blood to make sure you're not anemic and we'll get you all set up over there in the chair."

Heather made quick work of the forms. Before she knew it she was chowing down on cookies from the goody table while somehow maintaining pressure on the spot on her arm they had drawn blood from. Sydney was flirting with Mark and playing with her chestnut brown hair, the two looked so cute, so much like and yet so different. Mark was a foot taller and apparently was running the donations. Paradise was busying herself by staring out the windows of the small brick building, most likely in an attempt to avoid looking at the blood and needles.

Heather meandered over to where Mark and Sydney were talking, the height differences staggering. "Hey," she interrupted the pair, "it about time to head out, we've still got shopping and lunch to do." She turned slightly to look up a Mark as she addressed him, "Nice to see you again Mark, maybe we can all get together again sometime." Heather pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled her phone number on it, "give me a call some time and I'll set it up, ok? "

Mark took the piece of paper from Heather and smiled at the girls, "Nice to see you again, and Sydney it's been a pleasure. I think I should get back to work now, you two were such a lovely distraction, and I thank you."

With that Heather and Sydney existed the building, Paradise not far behind. The happy trio headed for the Mall for retail therapy.

~~~~~

Thank to Paradise for editing. No that's not her real name, but she is my best friend and a love. Now if I could just get the editing times quicker this would have been up days ago.

Thanks for reading and for your feedback it makes me happy that someone other than myself enjoys my work. If you've gotten this far please rate and review.