Not What It Seems Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ascii
Ascii
185 Followers

Collapsing on top of her, they laid in silence, catching their breath. She was stroking his hair affectionately.

"Jared, I-I..." Sensing her hesitation, Jared lifted his head and looked at her.

She looked sad and lost. His heart clenched. He hated seeing her like this. He wanted to protect her. Not realising he was the one hurting her the most. He wanted her to...love him? NO! What had love to do with it? Pushing the thought aside, ignoring his feelings and emotions, he bent down, kissing the corner of her lips before slowly capturing her lips. She emitted a little moan. Jared smiled against her lips. He pulled away and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear still looking at her. "Tell me" he whispered gently.

"What we have- I...is this- is this exclusive? Or-"

Jared hesitated. He never expected her to ask this question. Is it because she truly wanted to be with him? "-what else do you think this is? Alin, all I can think of is you. Other girls pale in comparison to you. I'll be back in five days. I promise you."

It was clear she was relieved. She kissed him, smiling at him as she wrapped her arms around her neck. "Make love to me again."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sky remained between pitch black to a pinkish blue, as the first sign of morning filtered in. Jared slowly stirred though the warmth from the bed and her body made him pull her even closer to him. He sighed, breathing in her scent. He didn't want to get up. He could have sent Tom to California, but Jared needed to be there to supervise everything. It was a habit he couldn't break. Jared had one arm wrapped around her waist whilst the other was stroking her hair. They fitted perfectly; with her legs entwined with his, her hand settled on his abdominal, Jared couldn't think of a better place to be.

Absently, her hand stroked his chest as she began to stir. Jared listened as she mumbled incoherently, "Wha time isit? Raw you neavin now?"

God she's cute. And sexy.

"What is it baby?"

She held the cover against her naked breast and sat up. Rubbing her eyes, she looked at him and repeated, "Are you leaving now?" She betrayed little emotion, but Jared knew she was upset.

"My first meeting is at 10."

It takes him less than an hour to get ready and to the airport and then a five hour flight. Probably throw in an extra half hour to find wherever he's having the meeting.

Alin turned to see what time it was. 5:00.

She had exactly 1 hour and 30minutes.

Pulling the covers aside, she got on top of him, straddling his thigh.

Her lips curved up slightly, "how about a going away present?"

He rolled his eyes as she lowered herself onto his hardness. Her tightness gripping him as she moved up and down, up and down...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was exactly 6:30 when Jared decided to finally leave the warm embrace of his girlfriend. Yes his girlfriend. It felt somewhat strange but yet endearing to think of her this way. When he came back he never expected to still have feelings for her, nor the extent in which she affected him. He watched as she slept soundly her breathing like music to his ears. Alin hugged the bed covers her slender frame tempting him. Smiling he bent down to kiss her lips softly, thinking of how tempting it would be to crawl back into bed with her.

Alin woke to an empty bed. Recalling last night and how she was this morning, Alin felt a blush. She hadn't felt that happy for a long, long time. She thought about it. Maybe except when Hallie gave birth to Alex and Penny; or maybe when Ryan offered her the job. She thought about it. OK maybe when she graduated with top honours. Still she grinned goofily as she got ready for work.

Her mood was short-lived as she realized that she had promised to meet with John. She decided the sheer white blouse and black pencil skirt she was wearing was definitely not suitable. Changing swiftly into simple attire of black pants and white shirt, she left for work, hoping the day could end quickly

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I have meetings back to back with a client today. Before I forget Sophie told me a Steven Daniels called. You might wanna call him back. He's been pestering Sophie for your private number-" Ryan winked at her.

"Ryan! It's not what you think. He's a potential client I met a few weeks ago. He was really interested with the work we do, so I gave him our office number. And don't let Jared know-"

He laughed. "I'm not stupid. Your boyfriend is one jealous fucker. I don't wanna bail him out of jail. Besides, he's in Cali right? What he doesn't know doesn't hurt eh?"

What he doesn't know doesn't hurt eh?"

This definitely did not apply to meeting with John. He had called her just before lunch to tell her if it was possible to meet at seven tonight. Alin had yet again agreed without really thinking. Still, there was a sinister feeling lurking in the pit of her stomach. She knew there was something but couldn't pinpoint it, her intuition kept telling her not to go, but unfortunately it doesn't stretch to why she shouldn't go.

Then again, she thought back to when she had recklessly met Jared at his suite. At the time, she knew it was wrong but looking back, she didn't really regret anything, because she wanted Jared to be her first lover.

Alin got home by six; she smiled at thinking it as home. Ever since her mother had died, nowhere had made her feel at home, but this place was different it might be lavish but it was also cosy and it surprised her that Jared liked living here and not some 100 room mansion favoured by most of the rich and famous. For the evening, Alin opted for a simple black dress that had a high neck line. Though John told her he would take her to a more private place, she still didn't want to give out the wrong impression should they stumble upon acquaintances'.

Before she had any more time to think, her cell rang, displaying JOHN. Her heart was beating fast. But it wasn't because she was excited to see John, in fact when had she ever been excited to see him?

He was leaning against his sports car. In the exact same way and position Jared had two days ago. She felt nothing. In fact it was on the borderline of annoyance. It was a cruel joke, the desire she felt for Jared, the way he always seemed to stir passion, lust and something indescribable, Alin hated the way she felt, why couldn't she love John? Why after a year of dating she couldn't learn to love him? And yet she had to fall for the one person who didn't want her.

As she reached him, he smiled tenderly at her before hugging her tightly. He pulled back just enough to kiss her forehead, "Alin it's so good to see you. You look beautiful." It was the truth. She looked so sexy in that black dress. He briefly wondered if she put that on for him. He had once told her he loved it when she wore black.

Alin blushed inside. If seeing him wasn't awkward, being in his embrace definitely was. "It's good to see you too," she said evenly.

"Where are we going?"

He smiled affectionately at her. "It's a surprise."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alin felt sick.

He took her to Sky View, the place where he had taken her to declare his love for her. She knew he had purposely taken her here for sentimental reasons but she felt trapped and cheated. He had told her this so called meeting was between two friends and yet he had decided on giving her a deliberate message.

John had looked around constantly checking if there was anyone following them. He failed to see anyone. He concluded it was either because Charles fucked up or he hired a pro. He swore to god it better be the latter otherwise Charles was gonna be a dead motherfucker.

They were seated in one of the VIP booths, the best seats in the restaurant. It was a short notice but of course they would have cleared any bookings for John Haltor. They had their starter whilst making light conversation. In the beginning it was a little uncomfortable as he tried to coax her into her lively self, but eventually he had won her over. As they were finishing off the main course, John suddenly realized at this precise moment, he was transported back to when they were dating. When they were happy, when she would smile as he told her a lame joke or when he held her hand as they shared dessert.

He looked across from her as she sipped on a glass of wine. Alin was sophisticated without trying. She was everything he had wanted. Still wanted. John knew he was deluding himself. This was more than revenge. He still thought about her. He fucked a lot of women since they had split, but every time he fucked one he would picture her underneath him.

He reached out to touch her hand, "Alin"

She moved her hand. "John, I don't think this is a good idea"

"Alin, why do you insist on hurting me? I want you. Valentine would never be able to give you the commitment you need. Come back to me." He reached for her again, and this time she didn't move her hand. He continued to stoke her hand. "I love you. I've never stopped. Please give me a chance to prove to you."

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry." He wiped away her tears. Taking advantage of her weakness he moved closer to her to wrap his arms around her. Stroking her hair, he whispered, "Alin, tell me you love me too. I need to hear it."

She stiffened as soon as she felt his arms around her. Pulling away quickly, she stated "John, I'm sorry. I can't... I love Jared. I've never stopped loving him."

John was angry.

Never stopped loving him?

So in all those years when he had tried so hard to win her affections all she was thinking of was that son of a bitch? He composed himself. He didn't give a fuck any more. All he wanted to do was fuck her. He needed the release.

A dark thought crossed his mind.

There were a few minutes of uncomfortable silence. Alin regretted hurting John. He was a really good guy and she didn't deserve him.

"John-"

"I understand, Alin, I really do." He paused thinking of the next words carefully, "I need you to know that I'll always be waiting for you."

"John-."

"Let me get the bill and we should get going."

"No-"

"Alin, of course it's on me. Also I need to give you something-"

"John, no it's okay-"

She wasn't sure but she thought she had seen an angry expression on his face but it left as quickly as she had noticed it. "Alin, all the things I gave you in the past, I want you to have it back," he held up his hand to stop her, "Do you want to throw those gifts back in my face?"

She sighed, "That's not what I mean-"

"Good. We should get going 'cause it's all in my condo-"

"-it's in your condo?"

"There were too many things to put in my car." He reasoned.

Alin froze. Going to his condo was definitely not a good idea. 'Do you really think John wants to remain friends with you?' Hallie's words rang home. Did he really have an ulterior motive? But what would he want from her? She didn't think he actually wanted her. She had told him no, and knowing John for so long, she knew he wasn't the sort of person to force himself on a woman. Alin felt ashamed for thinking of him in that way after the way she had treated him.

"I'm sorry, John, I've just had a really tiring day. Oh didn't you say you were going to refurbish the place?"

"Yeah nothing special," he shrugged his shoulders, "come let's go."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Settling in his condo, Alin noticed a few subtle changes. It had less of her influence and was definitely more like a bachelor pad.

"Drink?"

"No, it's okay-"

"Red wine always used to be your favourite-"

"I don't want- can I just have a glass of orange juice, please?"

He looked at her almost mockingly, "Alin, this costs $15,000." He ignored her protest and handed her a full glass.

She had always been a light drinker, and drinking this full glass would definitely get her tipsy. Surly John remembered that. Alin traced her finger along the edge of the glass, taking occasional sips. The whole situation was threatened by a foreboding feeling. Alin felt his eyes on her, burning her to the core.

"Didn't you say you had something to give me-"

He was watching her.

"-because it's getting late and, I have work tomorrow."

Without saying a word he got up and took the glass out of her hand. Before Alin could react he bent down to kiss her almost forcefully.

Realisation quickly dawned and she tried to push him away but as she was sitting down on the sofa it was hard to summon the strength to push him off.

John drew back just enough to whisper, "Alin, I need you. Fuck Valentine. We were always meant to be together." He pushed her onto the sofa and leaned over her, forcing his lips on hers. Again Alin tried to push him away but he was just too strong.

He left her mouth to unzip her dress, fumbling with the zip as he tried to quickly rid her of any clothing.

Alin was scared; she knew if she did not react quickly he would definitely rape her. John was now partly kneeling on the couch and was no longer using all his strength to trap her underneath him. Using this opportunity, Alin once again pushed him off, and was fortunately successful.

She staggered onto the floor as she stared at him in horror. "What is wrong with you?!"

His lips curved, "Alin, fuck playing the innocent act. Valentine fucked you, I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing."

She slapped him hard across the face. For once in her life, she didn't want to be controlled, didn't want everyone to tell her what to do. She was sick of being caught up in their twisted macho game. She walked away, and as she did John violently jerked her back, pushing her against the wall and using his hand to hold onto both her wrists above her head.

"We were about to be married till you fucked him. Do you know how humiliated I was? waited five years to fuck you. Five long fucking years. But you gave your virginity to Valentine, you were always meant to be mine."

"No, I was never anyone's."

"Let me go!" she cried.

John stared at her with bloodshot eyes. Holding onto her wrist tightly, he really wanted to grab her and fuck her against the wall. Even through his haziness he felt desire, a strong desire to be inside her. But he didn't want to fuck an unwilling woman. When he take her, he wanted her to beg. Letting go of her wrist, he slumped back onto the couch.

If she wanted to play this game, so be it. John smiled to himself. Charles better deliver because when Valentine found out what she did behind his back, he'd go fucking crazy.

Alin stared back at him as he grinned slyly. He wasn't even sorry. This was his true nature. She couldn't believe she didn't see it coming. "I never want to see you again." She cried.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryan huffed in anger.

"No! He doesn't do that and get away with it! Alin, do you understand how serious this is?" He put up his hand and shook his head, "course you don't. You always see the best in people. Always. That's why he knows he could treat you like this and get away with it."

It was around eleven when Alin called him desperately. She had sounded distressed on the phone and Ryan had dragged his ass out of bed after a tiring day of work. When he arrived, he noticed she looked extremely upset. It was only when they arrived at his apartment did she finally break down and tell him. He had a suspicion her account was watered down, and if that was the case, he really needed to beat the shit out of that lowlife.

"Ryan, please just drop it, I mean all he did was try and kiss me-"

"Who you kidding? He tried to?" without a word, Ryan grabbed his car keys and was about to leave for the door when Alin took his hand and pulled him back.

"Wait, what are you doing?!"

Ryan looked at her and calmly stated, "I'm going to that bastard's house to beat the shit out of him. Alin, you don't have to tell me what really happened, because I know already. He's a lowlife and I won't have him lay a finger on you-"

"No! Please don't! I've already had enough for one night. I said I never wanted to see him again so it will never happen again."

"And you think that's good enough? You think he'll just magically leave you alone?"

She shook her head, "Ryan, please. I- I don't know. But I don't want you to get hurt in the process.

He laughed immediately lighting the mood. "Please." He cocked his eyebrows, "Hurt? Maybe your Jared will, but me?" He flexed his muscles and raised his eyebrows at her arrogantly, "let's be serious."

"Jared's probably much stronger than you-"

Ryan threw his head back laughing and Alin blushed. "Ryan! Stop doing that. God I think sometimes you and Hallie enjoy seeing me squirm with embarrassment."

He shrugged, "what can I say great mind thinks alike. There's nothing wrong with being in love."

"I'm not in love."

"Whatever." His face returned to a more serious expression, "Okay I'll make a deal with you. You have two choices: I either fuck that lowlife up or- no Alin." Holding his hand up. "No interruptions. Or we call the cops."

"But-"

"It's sexual harassment. Or whatever you want to call it. We need...what's that thing called? A restraining order or somethin'."

"I... I met up with John today because I felt I had to. The way I treated him was inexcusable- no Ryan it's true. He's always been there for me and I just left him with no explanation. He had to find out through a newspaper report. What he did to me today... I need to give him a chance, he deserves that much-"

"He deserves fuck all." He mumbled.

"I just don't want to make the situation more complicated."

"Alin, if you don't do anything about it, you're probably making it more difficult."

"I know. But there's nothing I can do. Now that I know his true nature, I'll never trust him again. I just don't want any media involvement in this. This could ruin Jared's reputation as well."

Ryan considered her words, "Okay one more chance for that piece of shit. But Jared has to know this."

"No, no he doesn't you know what Jared's like...if he found out, I really can't imagine what he'll do!"

"He'll beat the shit outta him, which I may add is exactly what he DESERVES."

"Oh come on, beating him up is fine, killing him isn't. That's what Jared will do! You know him better than me and you know how crazy he is. Pleasssse." She pouted prettily.

Ryan could never resist a pretty face. Placing both his arms on her shoulder he sighed in both frustration and worry for his friend, "You're too nice, and people take advantage of it. Sometimes you have to think of yourself before other people,"

He guided her to the table and poured her a glass of orange juice.

"What would I do without a friend like you? I'm sorry for calling you so late."

"That's what friends are for." He patted her head and smiled, "but I know what you can do for me. Steven Daniels called today."

"Ryan, no."

"Hey hear me out first. He called me, me up today. Seems he's pretty insistent on working with our company especially you. His old man is behind most of the luxury apartments and hotels being built today in China and the Middle East. Do you know what this means? It means his interest in you; well the company will add the exposure we need."

"So you're selling me out huh?" she teased.

"Well not really, just wanted to let you know what a great catch he is and if you ever wanna dump that poor boyfriend of yours, there's always another waiting." He laughed, "Just kidding, but seriously give that guy a call. The projects are lucrative- we're talking about billions of dollars. Ah, anyway, no more talk of work. I work 70 hours a week, anymore talk of work I might just blow my brains up."

"I know. That's why you're single."

Ascii
Ascii
185 Followers