Not What It Seems Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ascii
Ascii
185 Followers

The idea was that Ryan, Jared, Hallie and the kids would visit her this week. However, Alex and Penny had to stay at home, because Hallie's in-laws wanted to spend time with their grandchildren and Jared couldn't travel with them due to the court case. She didn't mind, but three days without contact had her worried. Her two friends insisted that Jared was very busy and that he must have thought phoning her would have been pointless since he was seeing her very soon. Alin was not convinced.

At work she found it hard to concentrate, so when Ryan and Hallie came to pick her up, Alin had quizzed her friends throughout the car journey back to her apartment.

"Is there something you're not telling?" Alin asked.

"I can't believe you'd think we'd keep something from you-"

"I can't believe you just said that! You guys were still helping him out behind my back, and that is the definition of keeping things from me." Alin retorted playfully as they tried to fend innocence, "You two were spying on us on the balcony that day."

It was Hallie and Ryan's turn to be shocked. They looked at each other but Hallie quickly averted her gaze elsewhere.

Alin continued, "You were pulling the strings, not that I don't appreciate it now, but you guys always keep things from me where Jared is concerned. I'm just worried, please tell me what's going on or at least tell me if he's going to be okay."

"We don't know anything either. I think he's just tired. He did tell me he was going to arrive this week, so I'm sure he'd get here soon. Maybe just forgot to call."

"I guess you're right. I'm just worried because he's not normally like this. Besides with the public apology from John, I'm scared he may try and somehow get his revenge."

Ryan scoffed, "That guy is a pussy, and he won't do anything. I promise you." Ryan said as they exited the lift and Alin rummaged her bag for her keys.

"But it still doesn't explain why he hasn't-" Alin said but then stopped herself when she opened the door.

"Alin! Hallie!" she nearly tumbled over when all seventy plus children ran to her and Hallie.

She hugged them back but was shocked. She let the children drag her Ryan and Hallie inside. Alin quickly turned to her friends and said softly, "Did you guys arrange this?"

"Maybe."

But before she could ask any more they were surrounded by all the kids. "We miss you, Alin. Hallie came to see us last month, but you weren't there." One of the youngest children pouted. Alin crouched down and kissed her on the cheek.

"Oh honey I miss you too. I miss all of you," she cried at seeing them, she loved these kids and it brought a smile on her face to see them here. "How come you're here to see me?"

"Jared brought us here." Another girl said.

Alin turned back to her friends, "You knew about this?"

"We-" Ryan started but was cut off by a little boy when he shouted, "Jared!"

She followed the direction his arm was pointing at and her eyes widened when she saw Jared. She got up and ran to him, throwing her arms around him, "Where were you?! I was so worried, because I hadn't heard from you for three days and I thought maybe John and his grandfather wanted to hurt you, why did you not-"

He kissed her on the lips to stop her from talking. Alin melted in his kiss but was angry that he was trying to distract her. She broke from the kiss, "Jared, don't try to distract me-"

"I can't help it, I miss you too much."

"Did you bring them here?"

He nodded, "I want to see them happy and I want to see you happy. Hell, the kids deserve this and," trying hard to suppress a smile, Jared stepped back a little and kneeled down. Taking the sign, one of the young girls came forward to hand him the velvet box. "With the kids here to cheer me on, I don't think you can say 'no'. Alin, will you marry me?"

She knew he was joking. Jared was an incredibly generous and kind-hearted person as much as he hated showing his soft side. And he was right, she couldn't say no, not because of the kids but because she truly loved him and couldn't imagine not being with him. She smiled at him her eyes glistened with happy tears, "Yes, yes, yes, YES, YES!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They married the next week.

Only eight guests were invited: Hallie, Ryan, Steven, Tao and his fiancée. It was lively none the less with seventy five kids also in attendance. Rather sadly, Jared couldn't get hold of his grandmother, which meant serious trouble for him, but he decided he'd deal with that when he came to it.

The day before the wedding, courtesy of Tao, a 'bachelor party' was arranged for Jared. The four guys bonded over gambling sessions at an exclusive casino. Jared was desperate to see Alin, but as traditions go, he wasn't allowed to see the bride-to-be the day before the wedding, so the bachelor party was more a driving force to stop him from seeing her.

Alin on the one hand had a great day with the girls and the kids after spending a fun day out at the amusement park. Tao's fiancée, May, had planned the day out and all three women were worn out by early evening.

The somewhat shotgun wedding, nearly threw Hallie's plans out the window, since she was in the process of designing Alin's dress after Jared told her weeks ago his plan to propose. No one, not even the two parties involved anticipated getting married a week after Jared proposed but both didn't want a lavish, show off, look at me look at me attention seeking event, which was an almost given amongst 'high society.' They loved each other, and didn't feel the need to prove to anyone. Besides most importantly, they didn't want to wait.

Therefore, Hallie had to rush to finish the dress. However, now looking at the simple, yet elegant design on her best friend, she was pretty proud of her work, and judging by how beautiful Alin looked it was definitely worth staying up till five in the morning nearly every day.

The white sandy beaches and the clear sea was what Jared had planned as a surprise for Alin. He knew she loved summer, so it was fitting for the wedding to take place on a beach.

Jared stared as Alin walked towards him, though the distance was short, he found it hard to breathe. She was simply beautiful and nothing in the world could trade it for the smile on her face. He felt his eyes tear up as she said 'I do', he wanted to cry when he slipped the ring on her finger. After nearly six long years, revenge, misunderstanding and complications in between, they were finally together.

"Jared, congrats man!" He saw Tao smile at him as he had his arms around a beautiful woman. "Honey, do you mind if I have a word with Jared?"

His fiancée left his side and joined Hallie and Alin as they took pictures on the beach with the kids.

"I have to thank you." Tao started, "If it wasn't for you I'd never get back with May. As lame as it sounds after discussing my mistakes with you that night, I called May up and begged for a second chance. I'm glad you and Alin are back together, fuck man I wanted to cry when I saw you and Alin then."

"I know you're lucky that a girl like May still gives you a chance. You deserve fuck all-"

"Fuck you!" Tao retorted as he laughed out loud, "Man, I don't see what Alin sees in you. You're at best, average looking."

Ryan and Steven joined in the insults, laughing at Jared's change and being 'pussy-whipped.' He took the insults; they could laugh all they wanted, since he was in too good a mood to take much notice.

From afar he watched as his wife played with the children. His wife. He smiled at that. Only she could wear a wedding dress on the beach and play with seventy five kids and not care if her makeup was smudged from all the running around or that she didn't look picture perfect, though obviously it was far from it.

It was early evening when the others decided to give the newlyweds some space and, taking the kids with them went to the villa Jared had hired out for all the guests to stay in.

"My wife, my wife, MY wife." Jared said softly as she gazed up at him.

He sat on the white sand with her in his lap and her head on his shoulder. They were both watching the sunset and listening to the soothing sound of the waves crashing against each other.

"Remember when Hallie said if we had children they would be perfect?"

Alin smiled up at him, and Jared smiled back warmly noting how pretty and how much he loved it when she was happy. The wedding dress she wore was slightly creased and her hair was starting to loosen, but it strangely made her look even more alluring.

He traced his finger lightly across her lips, "Don't you think we should practice making those perfect babies?"

She laughed softly, lifting her head from his shoulder and with raised brows she said, "Is sex really all you think about?"

"With what we were doing for the past week, how can you insult it by calling it sex?!" He said pretending to sound hurt. "It's MAKING LOVE," He corrected, flashing a mischievous grin.

She kissed him on his lips, "Well, is making love all you think about?"

He returned the kiss, slowly laying her down as the sun settled down, the setting unbelievably romantic.

"Yes, but just with you, Mrs Valentine."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryan walked across the landing and considered what he was going to say. The last few weeks hadn't been easy on him. With his best friend's wedding, he had temporarily put things on hold, but now with everything over, today he needed an answer.

Hallie packed her bags ready to leave for tomorrow. She had changed her flight to leave a day earlier. She couldn't stay here. With Alin and Jared honeymooning and her having to leave behind her young child and baby back in New York, Hallie had never felt more home sick. She couldn't wait to go back home.

Just when Hallie finished packing, Ryan walked in without knocking.

"What are you doing in my room?" Hallie gasped.

"Hallie, we need to talk."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, yes I ended this on a somewhat cliff hanger, but I didn't do this intentionally. I think by ending it like this, it could give me a basis for Hallie's story. Anyway, please don't forget to check my bio page for the information on the charity website. Thank you for your support!

Ascii
Ascii
185 Followers