Nothing is Random Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As much as I liked Joshua I felt like things were moving too fast. I had always been careful with my feelings and I wasn't interested in getting them squashed now. The idealistic person I had been before my marriage was long gone and had been replaced by one who had learned the hard way that things weren't always what they seemed. I...

"Are you okay?" Joshua's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I turned to see him standing in the hallway, looking at me with a worried expression on his face. Looking at him brought a sense of peace over me, and I tucked my worry away, for now, and went over to him.

"Yep, I just wanted to clean up, a mess makes me crazy," I lied, not wanting to scare him off with my issues just yet. I took his hand and led him back to the bedroom, hopeful but nervous for what the future would hold for us. And wondering if I could keep my demons at bay long enough to let him in.

To be continued..

12