NSFW Ch. 03: Nerdy Sisters Find Ways

Story Info
Skylar gets a maid of honor... and a reality check.
9.9k words
4.69
5.7k
5

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/24/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Skylar scrolled through her list of contacts and frowned. As she made her way through the list, her frown deepened, and she ended her search with a long and exasperated sigh.

She set her phone down on the table and stared straight into the wall. It was time for her to face the facts: she had no real friends.

Like many young women her age, she'd poured so much time and effort into finishing college that she'd completely neglected her social life. What friends she did have were now nothing more than distant acquaintances, and she looked down at the clutter of wedding books on the table grimly.

She'd narrowed her wedding dress options down to five choices, and she already knew what she wanted as far as food and beverages were concerned, but she'd been putting off the chore of rounding up a few bridesmaids and a maid of honor. She wasn't terribly worried about finding bridesmaids; even though she wasn't close with any of her old friends from high school, she was sure that she'd be able to get a few of them to agree to put on some overpriced dresses and pose for a few pictures. What she was really worried about was finding a maid of honor. Jay had already asked his best friend Terry to be his best man, and her fiance had plenty of friends and acquaintances who would jump at the chance to be involved in their wedding.

Her mother entered the kitchen and smiled at her, "Hey, everything okay?"

Skylar nodded slowly, "Yeah, it's just...I gotta figure out who to ask to be my maid of honor."

"Oh, you haven't asked Julie yet?" Her mother asked with surprise.

Julie was Skylar's best friend, and the two had been friends since elementary school. They had stayed in contact over the years via social media, but both of their lives had taken such drastic turns that Skylar hadn't seen Julie in months. "I wanted to, but she's got a kid, mom. I don't want to put that kind of pressure on her, and she literally had the baby like six months ago."

"Hm, I guess I see your point. That's a real shame," Melissa laughed as she raised her hand, "Not the fact that she had a baby, the other thing!" Her mother paused, "It's getting pretty close, those last three months sneak up you like you wouldn't believe. Honestly I'm surprised you waited this long; when I married your father I already had all of my bridesmaids picked out. Heck, I had my dress picked out too, and..."

"That doesn't do me a lot of good," Skylar laughed. "I know I should have gotten on this a lot sooner, it just kind of slipped through my fingers."

"What about Jay, does he have all of his guys picked out?"

"Yeah," Skylar sighed once more, "He's got a whole deck of friends that he can draw from."

Melissa took a seat across from her daughter and took up one of the wedding books, "I'm sure you'll be fine. Send a message to some of your old friends and grovel a little bit. Buy them lunch and apologize; that kind of stuff goes a long way with a woman," her mother laughed brightly.

"Apologize for what?" Skylar crossed her arms and pursed her lips. "It's not entirely my fault, they could have called me too or kept in touch. Half of them moved out of state anyway, and I seriously doubt that they'd want to drop everything just to be in my wedding."

"Go make some friends, then," her mother encouraged her. "I'm sure it's still a little weird, going from having no free time at all to having all the time in the world, so why not go make some new friends? I know it's tough to prioritize on things right now, but having good friends is important to making a relationship work. After the wedding, you and Jay are gonna want to spend a lot of time together, which is great, but after awhile, you're going to want to hang out with other people. Take a little time to do something for yourself and go find a few people with similar interests. If you can't find anyone with similar interests, at least you can find a few people to go drink margaritas with," she smirked.

Skylar smirked in return, "Your advice was starting to sound really wise and motherly until you threw in the margarita thing."

"Look, honey, I'm telling you, there's going to be a point where you're gonna get mad at Jay, or Jay is gonna get mad at you, and the two of you won't want to talk to each other for a while. It helps to have a close circle of friends that you can vent to, or go to when you need help, and sometimes you realize that all you really needed was a drink and just to get out of the house a little."

"Sounds like you're speaking from experience," Skylar gave her mom a wry look. "Are you sure you're just drinking tea when you go out with your church friends?"

"Usually," her mother smiled, deflecting the question. "Anyway, there was something else I wanted to talk with you about."

"Yeah, shoot."

"It's about your sister. Now that you're back, I think the two of you should spend a little more time together. You don't have to, but I think it would mean a lot to Jacey if you took the initiative." Melissa smiled widely, "Why don't you go to the mall with her today? If you were still planning on doing that, you should invite her. You guys could catch up a little, maybe see a movie or something."

Skylar tried not to frown. She knew her mother had the best of intentions, but she wasn't sure she was going to be able to breach the gap that had grown between them since jr. high. The closer she got to finishing high school, the further apart she and her sister had grown, and now they treated each other more like roommates than sisters. A quick greeting and some polite conversation, and then they each went about their business. "I don't know, mom, I'm not sure she wants to hang out with me and I'm pretty sure she hates the mall."

Melissa nodded, "Well, to be honest, I asked her about it a few days ago and she said that she might like to spend some time with you, but she doesn't know how to approach you."

"She really said that?" Skylar looked incredulous.

"Yeah, in so many words," her mother laughed. "my point is, what's the worst that can happen if you ask her?"

"Yeah... okay, I'll give it a shot," she replied to her mom with a forced smile.

It was a week day, and it was only a little past eleven in the morning, so the mall was relatively quiet. As Skylar walked along the bottom floor, coffee in hand, she felt simultaneously guilty and irritated at her sister's presence. Jacey had agreed to come with her easily enough, and Skylar had driven both of them in their mom's car. Jacey hadn't said a word the entire time, and even when they were ordering drinks her younger sister was as flat faced and quiet as ever.

The two hardly looked related at all, save for the fact that they both had the same nose. Jacey's hair was lighter than Skylar's, and she was a bit shorter. Skylar was wearing a pair of designer jeans and a yellow blouse that made her look like some of the mannequins in the clothing stores, and Jacey was wearing a pair of old (probably thrift store) jeans and a band t-shirt.

Skylar could scarcely take anymore silence by the time they made their way to the main strip, and as they walked past a video game store she broke the silence, "Jacey... what have you been up to lately?"

Her sister took a sip of her white mocha and shrugged, "Stuff. You know."

I really don't... Skylar thought as she tried again, "How are your classes going?"

"Good. Nothing to say about them, really. They're pretty boring."

Skylar's eyebrow twitched as she remembered why she and her sister never hung out. She was about to ask another question when Jacey spoke again.

"You don't have to do this, you know."

The brunette tried to hide her surprise, "Do what?"

"You know what I'm talking about: you don't have to pretend to be all chatty and sister-like. I'm guessing mom talked you into this?"

"What, no..." Skylar sighed. She couldn't lie to her sister. Jacey was many things, but stupid wasn't one of them. "Yeah... okay, mom asked me to ask you to come to the mall with me. But I wanted to!" She added, a little more loudly than she meant to.

Jacey stopped and faced Skylar, "Really?" She smiled. "Sky, it's okay, you don't have to pretend."

Skylar frowned, "I'm not, I just..." she sighed again. It seemed like she was doing a lot of that lately, "I've been away for awhile and I really want to see how you're doing. And I don't just mean college, I'm talking about before too. I've been thinking about it for the last couple of days and I realized that I don't know anything about you. I guess I've been freaking out about getting married in my own way, and I'm trying to get my priorities straight."

Her sister nodded slowly, "So, would you say that you feel more guilty or more sad about not talking to me?"

Skylar furrowed her brow, "Uh... both. probably more sad."

Jacey chuckled, "Okay, I guess I can deal with that, as long as you're not just trying to alleviate some of your unnecessary guilt. Listen, if you want to have some sort of magical sister reunion, that's probably not going to happen, but if you're willing to loosen up a little then I guess we can get to know each other as adults."

Skylar stiffened a bit. Am I really as uptight as everyone thinks I am?! "I'm super chill right; I'm not stressing about anything."

Jacey laughed, "You don't even sound remotely convincing. Come on, let's go to the arcade. I can kick your ass at some video games and you can tell me about all of your wedding crap. Afterwards, we can go to the place up stairs and get some mimosas."

Skylar smiled slowly, "Yeah... sure."

"I thought my memory was a little hazy, but you suck at video games just as much as you used to."

Skylar crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, "Oh, excuse me for wanting to do something better with my time."

The two were sitting across from each other at the brunch place in the mall, and they were already on their second round of mimosas. Against all of her expectations, Skylar was actually having a great time with her sister, and the small bit of alcohol was giving her the extra push she needed to relax completely.

"Everyone needs something to relax. I just so happen to play games, what do you do?" Jacey looked up at her expectantly as she took a sip of the orange colored beverage.

"I...watch tv..." Skylar tried to keep a serious face, but began to laugh as she saw the look on her sister's face, "Okay, fine, you win! Don't start arguing with me; I'll concede to your point immediately. Yes, watching tv is just as much a waste of time as playing video games, maybe more, but it's just one of the things I like to do to relax."

Jacey sat back and shook her head as she grinned, "Man, I am good. I didn't say a word and you won my argument for me. You'd think I would have lost my touch after all this time, but I guess I still got it."

"Got what? Tell me exactly what it is that you think you've got?" Skylar grabbed for one of the breadsticks on the table and tore into it with her teeth.

"When we were kids, you were always so damn afraid of getting into trouble. I'd be sitting there minding my own business and you'd always rope me into whatever dumb thing you wanted to try, but then, you always ended up talking yourself out of it," Jacey giggled. "It was hilarious every time! You'd always turn to me and say 'thank goodness you were here to stop me, Jace,' but the whole time I never said anything."

Skylar laughed, "Well, just your presence was enough to keep me out of trouble. Maybe you're like my conscience or something."

"Don't look to me as a moral compass, or else you might get lost," Jacey grinned. "You never could bring yourself to push to envelope, could you? Speaking of which, now that you're a woman of the world, haven't you sewn your wild oats out in the country of life?"

"Pfft," Skylar gestured with her hand. "No. I did everything I was supposed to do, everything. I was on time for all my classes and I the lowest grade I got was B-, and that was only because my accounting teacher was a misogynistic douche."

"What about Jay?"

Skylar blinked, "What about him?"

Jacey shrugged, "You guys have been dating for a long time. Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that you guys haven't... you know," Jacey made a circle with her index and thumb and slipped her other finger through it.

Skylar turned red, "Oh my god, Jacey!" She laughed as she looked around. "What is wrong with you?!"

Jacey laughed loudly, "Geez, you're such a prude. Nobody cares, Sky! People have sex: it's a thing. I'm not asking for gory details, all I'm looking for is a yes or no."

Skylar looked into her glass, "No."

Jacey's eyes widened, "Seriously? Damn. If I had a boyfriend, we'd be doing it damn near every day."

Skylar looked up at her sister with a bit of shock. It had been both sobering and refreshing getting reacquainted with her sister, but she still had the image of Jacey as a timid sixteen year old. It seemed that her sister had done more growing up than she had, however, and it was a difficult yet necessary realization. "You don't have a boyfriend?" She asked somewhat seriously.

Jacey frowned, "Not really. There's this guy I've been talking to online for like over a year. We keep talking about meeting, but it hasn't happened yet. He lives like a hundred miles away."

Skylar pursed her lips as she felt a small stab of guilt. She'd never seen her sister looking so sad, and she had no idea that Jacey even had a potential love interest, but then, how could she have? She took a deep breath and reminded herself that there was no point in feeling guilty, and all she could do was put in as much effort as she could to try and bridge the gap between their worlds. "Does mom know?"

Jacey shook her head furiously, "No, no, nooo," she looked at Skylar seriously, "Please don't tell her, Sky, I'm begging you. If she finds out, then..."

"I'm not gonna tell her," Skylar laughed quietly as she raised her hand. "Now who needs to chill? Look, we both love mom, but you know how she gets. She's gonna ask a million questions and she's gonna want to interrogate him and she's gonna check and see if he's a registered sex offender; the list goes on." She smiled, "If you want to meet this guy, why don't you have me and Jay come along with you? I'll be honest, I'm not thrilled about you meeting a total stranger on your own, but you're the smartest person I know and I know that if this guy was a creeper you would have been able to pick up on it by now."

Jacey went quiet, "You'd do that for me?"

"Yeah, for sure. I mean, it might be a nice distraction for us right now, what with the wedding and everything."

"Okay... I'll think about it." Jacey inhaled deeply and sighed, "Anyway, enough about that. Going back to what I really wanted to talk about, it seems like you and Jay aren't seeing as much of each other lately. Are you guys okay?"

Skylar flipped her hair away from her face, "Aw, I was hoping it wasn't that noticeable. Yeah, we're good, I mean... we're going through some stuff right now, but it's nothing terrible."

"What kind of stuff?"

Skylar winced as she realized that she'd probably said more than she intended to.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I can see that I've pressed a bit too far," Jacey said evenly as she reached for her drink.

"No, that's not..." Skylar sighed heavily and shook her head. She remembered that her sister had literally just shared a life altering secret with her, and Jacey had never been the sort of person to blab to anyone. In fact, she doubted that anyone would even be able to get anything out of her sister if Jacey didn't want them to know, even if it involved torture. She decided to have a little faith, and she began slowly, "I want to tell you, Jace, but..." she shook her head, "You gotta promise not to tell anyone. I mean anyone and everyone."

Jacey blinked, "Okay, yeah, I won't tell anyone. Who would I tell, anyway?"

Skylar shrugged off her paranoia and chuckled, "Still, this is a really big deal for me, and if it gets out to the wrong people it could cause a lot of trouble for us."

"Alright, I totally get it. I swear, not a word out of me."

Skylar nodded, "Okay, well, here goes then. "A few weeks I was...cleaning Jay's apartment, and I found a laptop of his that I hadn't seen before. One thing led to another and I discovered that he makes drawings for a living."

"Okay, and?"

Skylar lowered her voice, "He's like, super popular online and has a bunch of comic series and stuff."

Jacey smiled hesitantly, "And this is a big deal because he didn't tell you?"

Skylar shrank back a little, "Well, yeah, kind of. I mean, he's really talented, like really, but I had absolutely no idea."

"I'm not seeing why this is such a big secret. I mean, I guess I could see why you'd be upset if he was hiding it from you all this time, but why did he lie about his job?"

"He didn't lie, exactly. I mean, he still does financial consulting from time to time, but he makes the majority of his money with his drawing."

Jacey still looked confused, "Fine, so why didn't he tell you about it? I'm assuming you confronted him."

"I did," Skylar nodded, "But the reason that he didn't tell me was because... um..." she looked around the restaurant and leaned forward, "Sometimes he draws porn."

Skylar watched as her sister's eyes went from wide, to narrow, then to wide again as she fell back into the booth and began to cackle loudly.

Skylar frowned deeply, "What?"

Jacey was practically rolling, and she laughed for a full minute before she was able to lift herself upright, "Oh geez... oh god... make it stop!" She wiped tears from her eyes as she giggled and shook her head. "Holy moly, I was not expecting that!" She managed to regain her composure, but she was still grinning widely, "And is that a deal breaker for you or what?"

"No... I guess not. I mean, he said he would stop with the porn if I really wanted him to, but what really bothered me was the fact that he felt like he needed to keep it secret."

Jacey nodded slowly, "Well..."

Skylar shot her a look, "Well what?"

"At the risk of getting my head bit off, I might have to play devil's advocate a little with this one. I'm not saying it was right for him to keep it from you, but in fairness, you can be a little... what's the word..."

Skylar frowned, "Uptight?"

"I was going to say judgey, but yeah, that too."

"Geez, way to lay in on easy," Skylar mumbled as she checked her phone. Jay hadn't texted her since the day before, and she hadn't actually seen him for nearly a full week. Since she'd first read the comics he'd sent her (and masturbated to them) neither one of them had brought up the incident, and she was beginning to feel uncomfortable with how much space was growing between them.

"Would you be upset if I asked you what his pen name is?"

Skylar broke out of her thoughts, "Huh?"

"What does he go by, for his art, I mean."

Sky considered the question. It probably wouldn't matter either way, so she decided to tell her, "He goes by the name 'drawntoconclusions'."

"What did you say?"

"Drawn to conclusions," Skylar repeated, "Does that..."

"Oh my God! That's him? Jay is drawntoconclusions?!"

The idea that Jacey was already acquainted with Jay's art didn't even cross Skylar's mind, and she furrowed her brow, "You know it?"

"Know it? I commissioned him like a year ago!" Jacey said excitedly as she practically bounced in her seat. "He made me some art of one of my OCs that I roleplay as; it's amazing!"

Before Skylar could get over her shock, Jacey had pulled out her phone and was scrolling through pictures. She'd never seen her sister so excited about anything; even when they were kids she'd never freaked out that much, but it was nice to know that she was at least capable of exhibiting such excitement.