Nude is Now Normal

Story Info
Nudism is legalized, and Mandy quickly takes advantage.
9.9k words
4.63
81k
91
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey all! Its been a while since i've published on here, i've been working on some works of fiction, and here's my first attempt at that. This is a story that i've dreamed of for many years, and I finally put it on paper. The premise is that laws change and allow people to register as nudists. It surrounds one girl who is a dedicated nudist, and one who is not. Enjoy!

*****

The sun started peering through the curtains in her bedroom as Mandy laid there sound asleep. The warmth of the sun caused Mandy to stir. She stretched her arms above her head and rubbed her eyes trying to get used to the daylight. She was out late the night before, and had slept in as it was already close 10 o'clock in the morning. The morning sun covered the exposed parts of her naked body with warmth. A naked body that was used to seeing the sun, as was evident by her lack of tan lines.

You see, Mandy was a nudist. In fact she was more than that, she was obsessed with being nude. Whenever she was home, she was nude. And even when she wasn't home a good amount of the time she was nude.

After graduating from college, Mandy had moved out of her parents' house. She was living alone for the first time, which allowed her to do things she never would have done at home. One of the things Mandy had gotten used to doing was spending her time at home nude. She had found the feeling very freeing, like being nude was the way you should be. And it saved so much laundry!

Mandy had gone to a happy hour the night before. Friday night was a popular partying night, and she and her co-workers liked to go out to a local bar to celebrate the oncoming weekend. But little did they know, they were waking up to a whole new world.

Congress late the night before had passed a new law aiming to make the country "safer". 9/11 and the wars overseas had made Congress very sensitive to threats against national security. One of the ways they felt to make the country safer was to allow citizens to wear less if they wanted to, thus reducing the number of searches needed to be done at places such as airports and government buildings. What Congress had essentially done was make it legal to be nude in public, as long as you were a registered nudist.

Mandy got out of bed and flipped on the TV. She didn't have any plans on Saturday, so she planned on spending her day at home relaxing. She was making her self a cup a coffee when she heard something she didn't expect on the morning news.

"Congress in a late session, passed the new "nudist law" late last night. Nudists are now allowed to register with their local townships, allowing them to go about their lives, in the nude... and where ever they want."

"Holy crap," Mandy said.

"Citizens wanting to register as nudists can do so starting this afternoon. The only catch... as a registered nudist, you are legally bound to be naked at all times."

"I can't believe it," Mandy said. "Well, forget making coffee. I'm going to Starbucks!"

With that Mandy turned off the TV, and grabbed her keys. Walking to the door she paused to look at herself. She ran her hands through her curly brown hair which came down to her back, then adjusted her 34c boobs. After ensuring she looked alright to go out, she opened the front door, walked through it, and closed and locked it behind her. She was going out completely naked!

Now that nudity was legal anywhere, Mandy could go out in public wearing what she wore normally around the house. No more needing to get dressed just to answer the door, get the mail, or anything else that was a short trip from her front door.

The Starbucks was only a short walk from her house. In fact it was just down the street, so her first trip outside the house legally nude would be a quick one.

Mandy felt so naughty as she made her way down to the street to walk to the coffee shop. Even though it was completely legal now, it was still new to her and felt very wrong. Once she hit the sidewalk it was a rush of excitement and the butterflies in her stomach were there with every step.

As Mandy walked, she could feel the rough pavement underneath her bare feet. The sun was warm and had heated up the sidewalk. She hadn't forgotten her shoes, she normally would go barefoot when nude. Mandy always wanted to feel completely naked, and that included nothing on her feet. But now that she was out in public nude, she thought she might have to start wearing at least flip flops.

As she walked, she passed several people in a state of disbelief. By now everyone had heard of the new law, but this was the first exposure to it for many people. Mandy felt a bit uncomfortable at all the stares, but she also felt turned on at the same time. She liked all the eyes on her and her body, taking in every inch. She liked strangers watching her tits bounce with every step, and watching the roll in her ass as she walked down the sidewalk.

Mandy opened the door to the coffee shop, not sure how they would take the sight of a completely naked girl in their shop. As she walked inside, the same stares that were with her as she made her way there, were there as she walked up to the counter to order. By now, she had gotten used to it, and smirked every time she caught a guy staring at her tits.

"What can I get for you?" asked the lady behind the counter.

"A venti mocha latte, please." Mandy said and handed the lady money to pay for it.

"Here's your change. Can I ask you a question, Miss?" Asked the lady behind the counter.

"Sure," Mandy said.

"You are the first nudist i've met since that law was passed," she said anxiously. "How do you do it?"

"How do I do what?" Mandy asked.

"How do you handle all the stares? All the people constantly looking at your most intimate parts?" she asked.

"Its easy for me. I can't stand wearing clothes, so being naked is something that really relaxes me and sets me at ease." Mandy said. "Normally, i'm all stressed out most of the time, but when I get to come home and take my clothes off, the stresses of the day just go away."

"I can see that. I mean, you are completely naked! Yet you just walk in here like you are dressed and order a coffee. Thats so cool." she said then handed Mandy her drink.

Mandy then turned and walked toward the door, but paused and turned her head and smiled back at the lady then shook her tan butt as she said, "Its fun, you should try it some time."

Mandy laughed as she walked out the door and started her trip home. This was going to be the best day of her life. In a few short hours she would be a full time nudist. She could hardly believe it.

She got plenty of more stares as she walked back to her place. Once safely back home, her phone rang. Running to answer it Mandy said, "Hello?"

"Hey Mandy, you recovered from last night?" It was her friend and co-worker Ashley on the phone. The two had become close since Ashley had started working at the firm.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. I thought you had much more to drink than me," Mandy said.

"Oh god, I was wrecked. I'm amazed I made it home in one piece. I just woke up, but i'm still tired. I'm just laying here on the couch, dead to the world," she said. "So what you up to?"

"Oh, I just woke up too. I just got back from the coffee shop," Mandy said. "Did you see the news this morning about the new nudist laws?"

"Yeah I did. I can't believe it." Ashley paused and then asked. "Wait, you're not thinking of registering are you? I know you like going to those nude clubs of yours, but you aren't actually going to give up clothes are you?"

Mandy just started laughing.

"I can't believe you would give up wearing clothes," Ashley said. "You're crazy."

"Crazy enough to go get my coffee in the nude this morning," Mandy said while laughing.

"You didn't?" Ashley said. "What did people do when they saw you like that?"

"Nothing," Mandy said. "Its really no big deal. I got lots of stares, but people are going to get used to it eventually."

"Don't the stares make you uncomfortable?" Ashley asked.

"At first it was a little weird, walking down the sidewalk completely nude, but after a few minutes you forget you're naked," Mandy said.

"Wait, you walked there nude too?" Ashley said. "I can't believe my best friend is this crazy nude chick. And I was going to invite you to the mall."

"I'd love to go, but I gotta go to City Hall first to register as a nudist. Can we go this afternoon?" Mandy asked.

"Sure, call me when you're official!" Ashley said.

"Will do, call you later. Bye" Mandy said and hung up the phone.

Mandy had a lot to do, but the first thing on her agenda was to go down to City Hall and rid herself of wearing clothes for the rest of her life. She was nervous, it was a tough decision. While Mandy loved being nude and the freedom that came with it, she did have to deal with the reality that she was going to be naked everywhere, including work, from now on.

She had often wondered what it would be like to be able to go to work in the nude. What would her boss say? Ashley worked with Mandy, and she knew of Mandy's nudist habits, but no one else did. Would she be accepted by her friends and co-workers? She didn't want to be passed over for any opportunities that would come up just because she was naked.

Mandy thought about it, but decided that she needed to be herself. She was a nudist. It would make her more comfortable, and more open with everyone if they knew her "secret". That first day would be a challenge, but eventually they would get used to it. All she wanted was to be happy, and being nude did just that.

The decision was made. Mandy dressed and went down to City Hall. She signed some paperwork certifying her as a nudist. They gave her a new ID which allowed her to prove she was in fact a nudist.

She couldn't wait to begin her new life. She left City Hall and stripped on her way to the car. Now naked, she drove home, put her clothes away for good, and grabbed lunch. Ashley was waiting on her to go to the mall, and Mandy couldn't wait. It would be her first public trip as a registered nudist.

Mandy grabbed her purse, and put on some flip-flops. Other than that she was naked. As she made her way to the door she looked at herself in the mirror again like she did this morning. She looked herself up and down from her bare shoulders down to her bare feet. She turned her back and checked out her butt. She had no tan lines anywhere. One of her pet peeves was tan lines, now she would be able to show off her great tan. She looked good nude. She always thought to herself that she looked better nude than in clothes.

Satisfied with how she looked, she left for Ashley's house. Driving nude was not something Mandy did often, but just today she had driven more nude than any time in her life. Her leather seats would take some getting used to on her bare behind.

After parking at Ashley's, Mandy got out of her car and walked up to the front door. She knocked, and seconds later Ashley came to the door and laughed at seeing her friend on her doorstep completely nude.

"Look at you!" Ashley said. "I can't believe this is how i'm going to see you from now on."

"Get used to it. I already am," Mandy said.

"Well, come on in," Ashley said. "I"m just getting ready."

"It wouldn't take you so long if you went nude with me," Mandy said.

"If I went around nude like you, I'd die of embarrassment," Ashley said.

"What are you talking about?" Mandy said. "I thought you were getting more comfortable in the nude? You did come with me to my nudist club last weekend."

"I still can't believe I let you talk me into that," Ashley said.

"You had fun, and you know it." Mandy said. "You said as much to me as we were leaving. You even said you enjoyed being naked."

"Well, sure. At the club I did. But not in public!" Ashley said.

"Nude is nude. Whether its at the club or here at home." Mandy said. "Look, how about this. You come with me to the mall naked, and i'll buy you that purse you've been eyeing all month."

"No way!!" Ashley said. "I'd get arrested in a second."

"The only thing to identify me as a nudist is my ID card. There's bound to be some confusion today on how to tell who is and who isn't a nudist. Just get undressed, and come with me. You'll love it, you'll see." Mandy said.

"No way!" Ashley said. "Sorry Mandy, I'm just not as brave as you."

"Oh well, " Mandy said. "It was worth a try."

Mandy had an ulterior motive. She was still nervous about being naked in public all the time. She wanted Ashley to come with her so she wouldn't be alone. But Ashley isn't as into being nude as Mandy was.

Ashley finished getting ready, and the two set off to the mall. Mandy's stomach was doing flips as they made their way into the mall. She had always wanted to do this, but had never dreamed she would be able to. Now she was presented with the reality that she was walking into the mall she had been so many times, completely nude!

They walked through the mall, Mandy naked and Ashley fully clothed, ironically looking at clothes. Before they would both be shopping for clothes but now it was just Ashley. But it certainly was ironic as Mandy stood in more than one store looking for stuff for Ashley, herself not wearing a stitch.

People weren't quite used to seeing nudists out and about, and Mandy got more than one person make a remark at her. Some were complementary, but a few were not. It made her even more nervous at first, but as time went on she started to relax and had a good time.

The two slowed as they came to the store that had the purse Ashley coveted.

As Ashley stared at it Mandy said, "You know my offer still stands. I'll buy it for you, it'll just cost you your clothes."

"Ugh, I want it so bad, but its so expensive," Ashley said.

"You can have it, just get naked with me," Mandy said.

Ashley turned to look at Mandy, paused and said, "I can't believe i'm actually considering it."

"You know you want to." Mandy said.

"Forget it, lets just move on," Ashley said.

They made their way on from store to store, stopping at the food court to get a couple smoothies. They sat down to enjoy their drink. Mandy noted the cold feel of the plastic chair on her bare bottom.

"What else do you want to look at?" asked Mandy.

"I'm pretty much done. Is there anything else you want to look at?" Ashley said.

"I think I'm going to buy that purse. Since I don't wear clothes any more, I need to make sure my accessories make me look good." Mandy said.

"The nude girl is worried about how she looks. That's a new one," Ashley said.

"I'm just joking, but I do like that purse." Mandy said.

"Oh the hell with it. I'll be right back. I'm going to the bathroom." Ashley said.

Mandy sat there by herself waiting on Ashley. She was worried that she might have angered her. She was just joking about buying the purse, she was just trying to tease her. Sitting here by herself, Mandy sipped on her smoothie. She was suddenly aware just how alone she felt there by herself being that she was also naked.

Mandy was getting ready to get up to follow Ashley to the bathroom when she turned and just started laughing. She couldn't believe what she saw. Here she was just joking with her friend about the purse when out of the bathroom walked a now completely nude Ashley.

Mandy just stood there with her jaw on the floor as Ashley slowly walked over to her. She was completely nude, not even wearing shoes. Ashley had a great body, one that Mandy thought she shouldn't be worried about showing off. She had big firm breasts that bounced slightly as she walked. She didn't have much of a tan, so her red hair provided a stark contrast to her untanned body. Her pussy hair was trimmed into a nice landing strip and led to a pair of smooth long legs. Ashley's butt was tight but had just enough bounce that made men go wild. Overall, she had a great body and looked fantastic nude, certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Ashley nervously made her way over to Mandy, dressed as Mandy was but Ashley wasn't as confident as Mandy was with being nude.

"Look at you!" Mandy said. "I'm so proud of you."

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Ashley said. "I feel a million eyes all over me."

"You get used to it." Mandy said. "But it feels so good, doesn't it?"

"Right now I just feel naked." Ashley said. "Lets get out of here and get this over with."

"I guess you want to go get that purse?" Mandy asked.

"Of course." Ashley said.

"Alright, lets go." Mandy said.

So they went off and got Ashley's purse. Ashley seemed to be more nude than Mandy with her bare feet slapping the cold floor. Eventually Ashley became more relaxed and actually started to enjoy herself.

Mandy drove the two home, both of them still nude walked up to Ashley's house. Ashley invited Mandy inside and they talked some more about the day.

"You did good today," Mandy said. "You handled going nude like a real nudist."

"I'm no nudist," Ashley said. "I'm just glad we're home."

"You saying you didn't enjoy being nude?" Mandy asked.

"I enjoyed the freedom, but I just felt weird being nude in public." Ashley said.

"So I can't talk you into registering as a nudist today and giving up clothes for good?" Mandy asked.

"No way. I like being nude, but not that much." Ashley said.

After Mandy's first experience in public, she was much more relaxed with being her new nudist self. She had an aura of confidence that sort of put people at ease, and allowed to them to see she was a natural nudist and was just more comfortable that way. Ashley on the other hand was no nudist. She went nude from time to time, but was not any where near as natural about it as Mandy was. The first big test was to come and Mandy knew it. Monday, she had to go to work naked for the first time.

Mandy walked into work that Monday and tried her best to stay composed. She parked and walked her way inside. She passed several folks with shocked looks on their faces as the naked girl walked past them. Mandy took it all in stride and made it to her desk. Once there she figured she would walk by her boss's office just to give him the heads up. The door to his office was closed so she knocked to see if he was there. Mandy heard someone say come in on the other side, so she opened the door.

Brad her boss was in his highback chair facing away from the door when Mandy entered.

"Hey Brad, how are you doing?" Mandy asked.

"Good, how was your weekend Mandy," he asked.

"Pretty good. Thats part of the reason I'm here to talk to you." Mandy said.

"Oh, whats up," Brad said still facing away from the door not able to see Mandy.

"Well, this weekend the new nudist laws went into affect, and well I took advantage of them," she said. "I'm now a registered nudist."

Brad started laughing. He got up and turned to face Mandy showing her that he was nude too. Turns out he was a practicing nudist himself.

"Me too," he said. "My family have been nudists for generations. We all registered on Saturday."

"Oh my god. I had no idea," she said.

Mandy was shocked cause she had no idea Brad was a nudist. But she realized she was worried about nothing. In fact, this couldn't have worked out better. Mandy always thought Brad was cute, but seeing him nude made her look at him more. He was pretty well built, with a nice tan which clearly was all over. His cock was pretty well sized, and she could tell he liked what he saw in her. Standing there he was checking out her nude body and had the beginnings of an erection. "I guess he likes what he sees," she thought to herself.

After further congratulating each other on their new lifestyle, Mandy went to see Ashley.

"Hey there nudey," Ashley said. "How's everyone treating your decision to be a nudist?"