Numb

Story Info
What happens when a good man has a broken heart.
1.7k words
3.52
22.3k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,133 Followers

My name is Harrison James Stone. I'm a young black man living in the state of Massachusetts. Let me tell you my statistics. I stand six feet two inches tall, lean and muscular. I have light brown skin and long black hair braided into neat cornrows. I stay clean-shaven, shaved for a small goatee. I weigh exactly one hundred and eighty pounds and I've always taken care of my body. I believe that a man should take care of himself. That's why I strive for self-improvement, both intellectually and physically. I exercise at least once a day at the gym. I also read a lot. My favorite books are Nietzsche's Will To Power, Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. My astrological sign is that of Aquarius and I strive for perfection.

These days, I'm a student at Jennings College, a small four-year private school located in the town of Avon, a few miles away from the great city of Boston. It's a place I once considered home away from home. It's also where I met my former sweetheart, Lorelei Braxtor. Who is she? Just the woman who broke my heart by running off with one of our old professors. This story is about how we met, fell in love, made long-term plans and how it fell apart. And last but not least, it's about I got over that useless little tramp. Pardon my French.

When I came to Jennings College in September 2004, I was a very optimistic and easygoing guy. I had just graduated from the famed Boston Military Academy, an all-male private high school. I won myself an academic scholarship to Jennings College, and I thought I had it made. Jennings College was a small school with only about three thousand students. It was founded in 1986 by a philanthropic organization from New England. Twenty years later, it was one of the best small colleges in the country. Students were very satisfied. The school met criterions like racial and gender diversity as well as academic and athletic excellence very well.

The student body was composed of an equal number of male and female students. Forty percent of the students were Caucasian, twenty percent were African-American, ten percent were Hispanic, and thirty percent were Asian. Most of the undergraduates came from Avon and nearby towns like Brockton, Randolph, Milton and Bridgewater. The school had eight single-sex dorm buildings, each with a maximum capacity of two hundred students. The school's campus was located half a mile away from Avon High School. Although Jennings College had a strong academic curriculum, the school was well-known for being a local athletic powerhouse.

The Jennings College Department of Athletics sponsored Men's Varsity Ice Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, Swimming, Sailing, Rugby, Lacrosse, Golf, Tennis, Wrestling, Soccer, Water Polo and Football along with Women's Varsity Softball, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Swimming, Lacrosse, Golf, Wrestling, Tennis, Field Hockey, Soccer, Sailing, Water Polo and Rugby. Our sports teams, collectively known as the Jennings College Red Hawks and Lady Hawks competed in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division Two. Well, except for the Men's and Women's Hockey teams, which competed in the NCAA Division One. Collegiate Ice Hockey didn't have a Division Two.

Upon enrolling at Jennings College, I joined the Men's Varsity Wrestling team. I was a wrestler at the Brockton Military Academy. Life was fun. I had no complaints. I just went to my classes, chilled in my dorm and wrestled on the mat. Life was simple, until the day I met Lorelei Braxtor, the tall, good-looking, red-haired and green-eyed transfer student from Great Britain who stole my heart. We had a couple of classes together. She was a criminal justice major. I majored in business administration. I wanted to work for a major corporation someday. She actually wanted to be a cop. How about that? I think police work is in Irish people's blood. Anyhow, Lorelei and I began hanging out. She was very cute, intelligent and charming. Plus, she was a Scorpio. How could I not fall in love?

My new lady came to my wrestling matches and cheered for me. We hung out in Boston City and went to the movies together. It turns out we had the same taste in movies. Lorelei liked Action movies and Science Fiction thrillers. She wasn't into Chick Flicks. That's really good, because I'm really not into those kinds of movies. Everyday life was boring enough, thank you very much. Lorelei and I became inseparable. We would go to class together, hand in hand. I loved her something fierce. And I thought the feeling was mutual. I introduced her to my Mom and Dad. They thought she was nice. My Mom usually doesn't approve of mixed race relationships. Especially when it's a black male dating a white female. Lots of black females felt the same way. However, my Mom thought Lorelei was a nice gal and wished us the best. I was pleased.

Yeah, I had the world on a string, as they say. I took first place in the 189-pound division at the NCAA Men's Division Two Wrestling Championships. How about that? I was doing well in school. I had won myself a trophy. And I had the love of a wonderful young woman. Then, of course, my world came crashing down because fate decided to rain on my parade. I went to my psychology class early one time, and guess what I saw? A sight I would never forget until the end of my days. Lorelei, my Lorelei, playing tonsil hockey with professor Adam Shane, the man I considered my mentor. In that moment, if I had been shot by a firing squad, it wouldn't have hurt more. I didn't say anything. I just ran.

I ran all over campus, like a crazy person. I didn't care who saw me. Then, I locked myself up in my room and wept. What had I seen? Did I really see my Lorelei kissing another man? Why was she doing that? Was I not enough for her? Impossible, I was taller, stronger and better-looking than professor Adam Shane. He was a forty-something, divorced, paunchy and balding white guy. I was a tall, good-looking black athlete. I was also a damn good guy who treated his woman right. I took her to fun places. I took care of her needs. I didn't cheat on her with others. I was always there for her when she needed me. I was loyal. How could she do this to me? We had plans to live together. Was it all just a convenient lie? Apparently so. I decided to confront her, but thought better of it.

If Lorelei was the kind of woman who would cheat on the man who loved her and was completely loyal to her, then there's no telling what she might do. If I confronted her, she might try getting me in trouble with the campus authorities. Or even the cops. I knew of women who did that. False accusations of wrongdoing are rampant on college campuses. Just look at what happened to those poor guys at Duke University. The whole world believed them to be guilty, on the word of a lying stripper. No way was I losing my cool. I planned my revenge. And it would be sweet indeed.

When Lorelei came back to my dorm, I put on a smile and greeted her with a hug and a kiss. I looked into her eyes. The eyes of the woman I once considered my soulmate. The deceptive innocence I saw in them made me sick. I hid it well, though. She didn't suspect that I knew her dirty little secret. We hung out together and then she went back to her dorm. November the ninth, Lorelei's birthday, finally came. I told her that I had a surprise for her. Her friends at her dorm threw a party for her. I promised her something really special. I called up her dorm, and she picked up, in the middle of the party. I told her to ask everyone to quiet down and put me on speaker while I made a special announcement. She giggled, and complied. I took a deep breath, then delivered my well-rehearsed speech.

I let Lorelei know exactly what I thought of her. I told her that I had seen her with professor Adam Shane, and I knew of the affair they carried on behind my back. Then, I told her that I was dumping her. That's right. I dumped my girlfriend on her birth over the phone. In front of all her friends. Am I good or what? The shocked gasp I heard at the other end was the most satisfying sound I'd ever heard in my entire life. I smiled, and hung up. Yeah, I got her good. She never even saw it coming. That's what she deserves for cheating on me with some old guy. I loved her and treated her like a queen. I was faithful to her and worshiped the ground she walked on. And that's how she repaid me? That wasn't right. So, I administered my own brand of justice.

The next day, I found out that I had become persona non grata on campus. The women on campus particularly hated my guts. Some of the men high-fived me while others only shook their heads. I didn't care. Other people's opinions don't matter to me. I've got to have my own way. I went back to living my life. I didn't date anyone. I just focused on my classes and on my wrestling matches. What happened to Lorelei and professor Shane? Your guess is as good as mine. I had other things to focus on.

In 2007, I graduated with a bachelors degree in business administration from Jennings College. I got hired by some company in downtown Boston and they're paying for me to get my fast-track MBA while working for them. I had it made. I made it. I was well on my way to becoming one of those with power. In the end, that's all that matters. Love is something I pursued in another life. The acquisition and wielding of wealth and power is what drives me now. It's the only thing I live for.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,133 Followers