Ocean Blue Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As his hand made contact with her bare skin, she let out a screech of pain, jerking her arm away before she started to scratch and hit at him when he drew too close. Philip had never seen her like this before and he acted quickly, grabbing her wrists and pinning her arms to her sides as she screamed and cursed at him, desperately trying to escape his hold.

"Katherine. Calm down. Kit!" He shouted at her, watching the terrified look in her eyes intensified as she wriggled and squirmed against him, trying desperately to free herself. He let go of her wrists long enough to wrap his arms around her, drawing her into his muscular chest and holding her tight. "Beauty, it's me. I'm not going to hurt you." He whispered against her ear, feeling her stop her fighting at the sound of his voice, her breath harsh against his neck. "You're safe, beauty." He murmured against her skin, willing that his words break through her haze and reach wherever she had retreated.

She heard his words, felt his strong embrace and his warm skin held so tightly against hers and the wall that she'd built around her sanity crumbled in an instant. Tears spilled from Katherine's eyes as she sobbed into Philip's neck, the pain and sorrow of the treatment that she'd been given finally rising to the surface in a mournful wail that ended in a choked off sob as her knees buckled as she found herself drawing them both to the floor.

Philip cushioned her fall, never wanting to let her go again as he pressed his nose into her hair, inhaling deeply of her scent. His hands ran soothingly over the shivering column of her back, murmuring soft words into her ear as she released her pain and anger, soaking his tunic with those painful tears. She cried for what seemed like forever, finally ebbing away until she just clung to him pitifully in the silence of the brig, their breathing harsh in her ears.

Katherine felt Philip pull away slightly, enough to look at her battered face with a concerned eye. She averted her gaze, staring down at the wet spot she'd made on his shirt, but it wasn't long before she felt his fingertips raising her chin for her gaze to meet his green eyes. There was nothing but silence between them for the longest moment, his eyes searching hers intently for the truth of what had happened, knowing that he could never ask the question out loud. Not if it caused her this much pain.

She seemed to know what he wanted, tears welling in her eyes once more as she sniffled and struggled with the truth that seemed to have gotten stuck somewhere within. "I stood up to him." She murmured softly, her voice hoarse as tears spilled down her cheeks once more. She shut her eyes as she felt the warmth of Philip's palms seep into her cheeks as he cupped her face, his thumbs gently brushing away those horrible tears.

She was surprised when she felt warm lips pressing against her own, but it was what she needed in that moment, what she craved, and her lips clung to his as she held him tightly. She was confused, her mind battered from the abuse that she'd suffered, but here she was, hot for his touch. It made everything right in her world and all she knew for certain is that she needed more.

Philip was surprised as she grabbed his hands, gently placing them upon her breasts, her eyes swimming with tears as she looked at him with a silent plea. "Kit, maybe this isn't right." He said, watching as she lowered her eyes in shame, another sob shaking her body.

"I need you to make this right. Give me a good memory, please." She begged, sobbing harder as she saw him contemplate what was before him, his fingers flexing gently upon her flesh as she let out a low moan, her back arching as she pressed herself harder against his warm hands.

Philip was gentle, his fingers caressing as he peeled away the torn garment, lifting it over her head and dropping it to the floor. He traced along her sides, his eyes taking in the deep bruises on her body, the finger shaped marks on her thighs and hips, the blood oozing from cuts down her pale skin, the rope burns on her wrists from their cruel treatment and he felt anger make his hands shake.

"How dare they treat you like this. I promise you, Katherine, no one will ever do this to you again." His voice was almost a growl as he grabbed her chin, forcing her to look him in the eye as he promised her once more before his lips claimed her.

She was hot for him, her hands impatient as she pushed at his clothing as his lips soothed the bruises and cuts on her body, worshipping her with all of the love that he had. It was if he were erasing all of the hurt inside of her, leaving her with only the intense need that only he could create.

When his clothing joined hers on the floor, he pushed himself into her, hard as steel as he groaned at the sensation. He rocked his hips gently at first, changing his pace as her hands encouraged him on by grabbing his ass and pulling him deeper and harder into her sex.

"Cum for me, Katherine." He growled in her ear, grinding himself against her as she cried out her pleasure, cumming hard with a gasping sob that caused her entire body to shake.

Philip slowed his pace, panting with restraint as he watched her face in ecstasy, a shaky hand wiping away the tears that drifted down her cheeks as she looked up at him with so much trust and love that it threatened to be his undoing.

"You don't know what you do to me, beauty." He whispered to her as he moved within her once more as she clenched herself around him, a soft smile crossing her face at his words.

Philip spent the evening trying to take away the brutality of what had happened, bringing her fulfillment many times before he finally took his own pleasure. As he came, he kissed her hard, worried at first that he'd frighten her with his need, but he soon relaxed when he felt her fingers in his hair, pulling him close and demanding more.

When they were both exhausted, Philip pulled her close, his arms enveloping her body as they drifted off to sleep, neither thinking for a moment of the situation they were in, but content in their love for one another.

**********************

Katherine woke warm and safe in Philip's arms, able to forget for a few short moments where they were. She yawned and stretched, pushing her hair from her face as she stared at him in sleep, frowning as she took in the deep wrinkles upon his brow, the furrows telling her of the dreams that seemed to be haunting him.

Reaching out a hand to smooth over his skin, she'd barely pressed her fingertips to his flesh before his eyes flew open, stormy green meeting tranquil blue as his hand grabbed her wrist, a deep sigh moving his chest as he relaxed.

"You have the weight of the world upon your shoulders this morning, Philip. Why?" Katherine asked gently as he released her wrist and he turned onto his back, pulling her into the cradle of his arm as he held her close.

"It feels like the weight of you upon my shoulder, beauty, not the world." He joked, receiving a sharp slap to his thigh for his impertinence. He chuckled as he pressed a kiss to her forehead, his nose nuzzling against the soft strands of her hair as he took in her scent, intoxicated by it as he felt himself growing hard once more. "If you must know, Katherine, I was thinking about Albert. I should have done more."

"There was nothing more you could have done, Philip." She murmured in the quiet that surrounded them, the sounds of boots shuffling above them loud as men went about their morning business.

"I could have fought harder. Something more and maybe he'd still be alive. He could get us out of this."

"And you would have died in his place." Pushing herself up on one arm, Katherine looked down at her lover, running a hand over his cheek. "He'll be missed but you make it sounds as if he were a part of you. You're intelligent, Philip. You'll get on just fine without him here to think for you."

"Well, beauty, I'd say that you are the first person in this entire world that really believes that." A smile on his face told her that he said it in jest, tears in his eyes showing just how hard he was taking the death of his good friend. "But I'll try my best not to let him down."

Katherine flashed him a reassuring smile as she dipped her head to claim his lips, her hands pressing against his chest as she soaked in his warmth. Both froze as they heard the sound of a door opening, boots stomping down the steps that lead to the brig. Cursing under her breath, Katherine scrambled to grab her shift, shoving it over her head and stabbing her arms through what was left of sleeves, knowing that the ragged and dirty material was better then nothing.

"Stay behind me." Philip whispered as their jailor peeked through the bars, a dirty, leering look upon his face as Philip rose and pulled his trousers back upon his body. "What do you want?" He hissed as the man put the key in the lock, twisting it and pulling the cell open with a horrible screeching sound.

"Came for Miss Moore, Cappin'. Ya see, it seems my cappin' thinks it'd be best that Miss Moore join the crew once more today. We 'ave all sorts of fun up there, ain't we poppin'?" He asked, flashing a rotting smile towards her, Katherine cringing as it brought up memories from the night before, her hands holding the torn front of the shift closed against her chest.

"She won't be going anywhere." Philip's gaze threatened death to the man as he pulled on his tunic, pulling himself to his feet and crossing his arms.

"Ah now, don't be playin' like this. If I 'ave to come in and get 'er, you'll both be regretting it." His once calm face twisted up in anger as he shrugged his shoulders as if to say that it was all up to them as he stepped into the cell.

Philip reached behind him and grabbed Katherine up into his arms, his hug so tight that it nearly hurt as he turned to put himself between her and the grimy man that was trying to take her. He felt a fist drive into his back, the wind knocked from his lungs by another attack as dirty hands reached around him and grabbed onto Katherine's arms with a grip of steel.

As she was ripped from his arms, Philip was quick into action, shoving her captor hard with his shoulder as he barreled from the cell. Katherine let out a scream as the three were thrown to the floor, her legs tangled in her shift as she tried to get away. Fingers dug painfully into her arms as the sailor fought to hold her down as Philip fought to free her. A hard shove with her legs sent the two sprawling away, giving her tip to scramble to her feet. Turning to witness the fight, she paled at the brutality that she saw before her.

Philip roared in a fury, his fists flying hard into the other man as an anger he'd never known took over him. The urge to kill the man that was trying to separate them was so strong that he didn't realize the damage he'd inflicted until he felt arms wrap around him, Katherine's voice in his ear telling him to stop.

When he finally relented, Philip knew the other man was dead, his face bloodied and broken. Panting, he looked down at his fists, hands clenching as the torn skin of his knuckles began to bleed anew. Turning, he looked up into Katherine's pale face, a sense of guilt washing over him

Philip nuzzled against her hair, taking in that sweet scent that was hers and hers alone. He looked towards the door that led up to the deck knowing that this might be the last moment that he spent with her. He felt Katherine's hand tangle tightly in his tunic, her breathing having calmed as she stood quietly in his arms.

He couldn't tell her of his fears, he just couldn't. He knew that this might very well be the last time that he held her in his arms and that very thought shook him to his core. He was surprised when he felt her pull back, her hands moving to cup his cheeks as she stared into his eyes as if trying to convey a message without speaking.

"If something happens..." She whispered softly, her voice shaking with an emotion that Philip couldn't quite place. He raised a finger and pressed it to her lips, a slight smile gracing his own as he shook his head.

"Nothing will happen, beauty." He murmured, replacing his finger with his lips as he feasted one last time upon their sweetness. "Stay close to me and we'll be alright." His hand caressed over her curls, coming to rest against her neck as his thumb gently feathered over her cheek. He could feel her heart pounding against his hand and knew that his own was racing as well. They'd survive, he told himself, and there was no other way. He simply couldn't believe any other way.

Pulling themselves to their feet, Philip led their way through the darkness, stopping every so often at the creaks and groans of the ship, the sound of men milling about above their heads. As they made their way silently through the twisting hallways and ladders of the bowels of the ship, Katherine suddenly pulled Philip to a stop, a single thought crossing her mind.

"We can't escape just yet." She whispered softly, her expression telling her love all that he needed to know.

"Beauty, we can't risk it. What if we're caught. All of this will have been for nothing." He tried to reason as she simply shook her head, refusing to accept what he was saying.

"She was horrible to me, but I can't just leave her here to their whims." She insisted, knowing that she had to go and try to save Anne. Her eyes were pleading but Philip could tell by the set of her jaw that there was no way he could say no.

Growling under his breath, he looked towards the ladder that would lead them upstairs and then back at Katherine. "Make it fast." He said, his voice showing his intense displeasure as Katherine smiled smugly and pressed a kiss to his lips before turning and disappearing back into the gloom of the hallway.

She snuck through the silent galley, stepping gingerly over the rough wood as she came to the cabin door. She glanced back the way that she'd come, watching as Philip stared at her, nodding silently before looking around to make sure that the coast was clear. She pressed her ear against the door, not hearing movement before she let herself in.

She stood in the darkness, her back pressed against the cabin door as she looked about. All the memories of her childhood were still contained in this small room, the faint scent of her father still lingering in the wood, as if it had soaked it up like a sponge. Her eyes quickly surveyed over the room, following the trail of blood that told of her misdeeds until it led her to what she was searching for.

The door to the tiny closet room hadn't change in all of the years that she'd been gone. She made her way silently across the empty space and pressed her ear against the door, hearing the sounds that she'd been hoping she would. She opened the door as quietly as she could, peeking in as a figure huddled in the corner, away from the sunlight that came spilling in.

"Leave me be!" A female voice sobbed, curling further away from the light and the imagined cruelty that would surely come with it.

Katherine's heart went out to the woman before her, knowing just how harsh Bega's cruelty could be, but now wasn't the time to become absorbed in personal pain. If they were caught now, it would surely mean death.

"Anne." She murmured as she stepped forward, dropping to her knees beside the cowering figure, her fingers reaching out to touch her hair soothingly.

Arms wrapped tightly around her as Anne launched herself towards Katherine, her body trembling as she sobbed into her shoulder. Katherine was stunned, unsure of what to do until she wrapped her arms around her mistress and held her for a moment.

"Anne, we have to go. We have to get out of here." She said softly, her ears trained for any sound that might have warned her that someone was returning to the cabin. Practically prying her arms from around her body, Katherine rose from the floor, pulling Anne to her feet and giving her a look that told her not to question anything. "All of this will turn out. I promise."

"For the better?" Anne asked, wiping away her tears with her hands as she sniffled, trying to get herself under control.

"I hope." It really was all that she could promise: a hope that things would be okay. Reaching out, Katherine grabbed hold of Anne's hand and gave it a tight squeeze, trying to erase her fears with a quick smile before she pulled her from the closet and into the cabin.

They had to get out quickly, lest they be caught by Bega or a member of the crew. She nearly jumped out of her skin when the door was pushed open, forcing her to back up and bump into Anne who let out a frightened cry. Katherine's eyes stayed locked on the figure who a mere shadow was outlined by the light that filtered in behind them. The seconds seemed to pass by slowly as the breath was caught in her throat and then it was slowly released when she saw who the figure was.

Shelley stood there stunned, mostly because he knew that Katherine had been secured below deck in the brig with Captain Montard. "Miss Katherine, what are you doing here?" He asked, quickly closing the door behind him.

"We can't stay here. Bega will kill Philip and Anne if we don't leave and I don't think I can stand another moment in this hell." She whispered, afraid to raise her voice to speak. Her hand shook as she held onto Anne, pulling her forward again until she was standing right in front of the cabin boy, her blue eyes pleading to keep their secret. "I know that we're near land, Shelley. I just ask that you not say anything."

"You know it could mean death for me." The cabin boy said as he stared at the two women, silently weighing his options. He'd asked many times that Bega show mercy, and even though he was still young, he knew well that the man didn't have an ounce of mercy in his body. His anger would be redirected, from Katherine Moore to him if it was found out he played a part in the entire plot.

Katherine knew his dilemma, the thoughts that were coursing through his blond head as she silently beseeched him to keep quiet. "I'll return the favor. On pain of death, Shelley, I promise to keep this secret."

The cabin boy stared at her for the longest of moments, his own mind swirling with the misdeeds that he'd already committed against his captain. Even at his young age, he'd committed more sins than a man ten times his age. He stared at the two women for a moment, nodding his head slightly as he moved towards the door and held it open, deciding that one or two more couldn't hurt his already damned soul.

Katherine gave him the briefest of smiles as she pressed a tender, loving kiss to his cheek as they passed. Their eyes locked, knowing that it might be for the last time, before Shelley gently shooed them outside, warning them to be careful.

Philip was right there waiting, taking Katherine's hand in his and leading the small party towards the deck. Standing just out of the sunlight, he used the shadows to his advantage, surveying the safest route to the water. He cursed as he could see men milling about, seemingly with nothing better to do but pace the wood deck.

Philip turned to stare at the two women that were behind him, his gaze drifting to the woman that held his hand so tightly. He leaned forward and claimed her lips once more, ignoring the outraged gasp that Anne gave from behind them. As he pulled away from the sweet kiss, he brushed his hand over Katherine's pale cheek, giving her a cocky smile that didn't really have any feeling behind it.

"I promise you the world when this is over," He whispered softly, watching as she tried to return that smile, tears coming to her eyes and he quickly brushed them away before he press another quick kiss to her soft lips.

"You best offer me whatever I wish after all I've had to put up for you." Katherine shot back, her reward the smile that came to his face as Anne cleared her throat behind them bringing them back into the moment.