Oedipus and the Sphinx

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was speechless for several minutes, mouth open in shock. Finally, not having words to express what was happening before him, he asked, "You will leave Thebes in peace and be gone now?" He asked.

"Yes." She said, hoisting herself to her feet. She turned and started to walk stiffly down through the rocks again. She stopped momentarily and looked back at him.

"I know what fate you are bound for, young lord. I impart to you one final piece of wisdom."

"And what is that?"

"It is better to accept our sins than to try to avoid them. Remember that."

He frowned at her, "I don't understand."

"You will. Goodbye, young lord."

He watched her disappear through the rocks again, and finally, he followed her. When he found her again, she was at the bottom of a tall cliff, having fallen to her death. Truly gone now, the people were free from their curse, and vowing to remember this day, he left to claim the throne of the mighty city of Thebes.

12