Of All the Girls in Lagos Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He is around. The thought hit her like a sucker punch. She sensed his presence and nothing in her subconscious puzzle solver could explain how that was possible. Lade turned to see Banks walking to her. They smiled at each other. "There you are!" Lade quipped. "You took your time."

"Sorry for keeping you waiting long." Banks said eyeing the huge bouncer.

"No problem. Jerry here was keeping me company." Lade replied.

Banks offered Jerry a handshake. His head was bald unlike earlier that morning and his jaw and cheeks were smoothly shaved. He was all muscle and fat bones underneath his tightly fitted Abecombre and Fitch t-shirt. Banks decided he never wanted to get on the wrong side of this one.

"Hello! Good evening!" Banks greeted.

Jerry grunted in reply sizing Banks up. "You resemble person wey dey go party!" Jerry observed.

Banks smiled. "You mean my clothes! Yeah! One of my friends is throwing a birthday party right now. I'll drop by on my way home later."

"Nice to meet you too. Wetin be your name?"

"Call me Banks!"

"Okay! See you some other time!" Jerry replied.

"Thanks for the drink Jerry! I go call you next time I come this side!" Lade said.

"No wahala, Nicky. Make I join my guys! Enjoy!"

They hugged each other before Jerry exited. He gave Banks another quick once over as he walked towards the exit door. Banks turned to see Lade smiling at him.

"What an interesting friend you have. Big guy named Jerry." Banks teased.

Lade smirked. "You should've said it to his face. Your new nickname is Banks? That's even more arrogant and awful in my ears. What happened to P.B - as in Playboy?" She asked.

"P.B discovered himself and grew up. I am my father's son. Banks is the short form of my father's name and so I allow it." Banks replied. "Your bottle is empty. Do you want another?" Banks signaled the bar girl.

"Are you trying to get me drunk, P.B?" She asked with a sly smile.

"Somehow, I don't think a second bottle of stout will get you tipsy." He replied grinning. The bartender arrived. "One big stout for my friend here, and a Heinekeen for me..."

"You got it." The bargirl replied and left to get their order. She was one of Sting's spies and was one of his eyes in enemy territory. She knew Nicky even though Nicky didn't know her, but didn't recognize the boy. She thought of calling Sting. A few of Mandy's men were around even though their boss wasn't, and she didn't like that Sting's girl was getting accosted by a new face at a bar where faces were rarely new. The bar girl opened one of the refrigerators and took out their orders which she carried to them. She gave Banks a clean tumbler and a cork screw and left them to pour their drinks themselves.

Banks pulled a stool closer and climbed on it. He unscrewed their drinks and filled his glass.

"It's been what... fifty years since I last saw you, right?" Lade asked her smile never leaving her face. She looked happy. She was oblivious of the bartender's interest.

"I never dreamed I'd be with you at a bar drinking beer. In fact, I never dreamed I'll see you again. Yet here we are. I've really missed you."

Lade laughed. "P.B! You know exactly what a girl wants to hear. You're smooth! But you know it never worked on me. That's why you still think you like me."

"Oh! No, it worked on you alright! You just had to remember you were leaving for University at the last minute and was saving yourself for your wedding night."

Lade blushed in embarrassment, but for reasons Banks misunderstood. She wasn't married and she definitely wasn't a virgin. She was worse.

12