Of Gods and Vampires

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Onyxwolf
Onyxwolf
214 Followers

"Yes I feel it, her entire body is letting of pulses of power and heat, just like a demon's body."

-----------

There was only heat in this place, heat and blood and death. No escape, only acceptance. Eve shuddered and looked around. The ground was soaked in blood, the smell was awful, the smell of charred flesh and death. She look around her and found herself on a battlefield, one strewn with the corpses of demons, humans, and angels. Eve blinked. Angels? Surely it couldn't be. She crawled to the nearest one and touched the soft white feathers, it was real or had been. The perfect face marred by a demon sword that had cleaved it in half.

Eve crawled through the wreckage and the bodies and up onto a hill. She peeked over looking down at several humans, four demons, and one angel standing together. The angel looked at the demons and shook her head, she alighted into the air leaving the humans and demons alone. But where they demons? They looked like angels tarnished with blood and soot, dark in skin tone and the color of their wings. The humans stood uncertainly, watching the angel-demons carefully. One of the four angel-demons picked up a half dead demon lying at his feet. This was obviously a demon, its bulging muscles roped with scales and hair, red and fire charred skin, yellow eyes, cloven hooves, a nasty looking beast. The angel-demon held the dying demon up and then cut him in the belly, a long slide of steel that started the blood flowing out of the demon like water. One of the other angel-demons held a chalice under the flow of blood, allowing it to pool into cup until overflowing. Once the cup was full the first angel-demon tore the heart out of the breast of the demon. Eve watched silently as the four angel-demons drank the blood and ate the heart of the dead demon.

Angels no longer, Eve amended, watching as their wings turned black and leathery and their skin dark. The four known as the demi-gods.

-----------

Eve's head was splitting when she awakened three days after the rave. Her body felt light and oddly tense, like a spring wound far too tight. The elders requested her presence upon hearing of her awakening.

She descended into the basement of the Black household and took a seat at the long oak table around which the elders of the coven had gathered. Sireen and Gabriel sat directly in front of her and the spaces occupying her left and right side were vacant, the chairs removed.

"Eve would you care to explain the events that occurred at the rave three nights past?" Sireen spoke slowly.

Eve explained in detail the evening from start to finish and relayed the information about the demon's single drop of blood that put her into a catatonic state. After she had finished the room was silent for several minutes.

"One drop of demon blood and you were knocked out of service for three days?" Lucien Black looked incredulous. "A demon of that power has not been seen in the mortal realm since the Crusades at least." A murmur of agreement followed the proclamation.

"This is indeed quite vexing." Sireen steepled his fingers and looked at Eve. "Its imperative that we find out exactly what this demon is up to and most importantly that we keep Eve away from him as it seems she is what he is after; the simple fact that he did not kill Eve when he had the chance means that something very serious is in the works."

Eve stared at her clasped hands on her lap and said nothing. She was deeply embarrassed that she had fallen into the trap of a demon and that she had been so weak that she had been unable to take out the demon when she had the chance. She had not confided in anyone about her dreams and would not do so for fear the elders would lock her in the basement until the demon gave up and returned to Hell. Gabriel had been unusually quiet and withdrawn throughout the entire meeting, Eve sneaked a glance at him from under her bangs. He sat with a far away look, lines of pain and anger etched on his face. Eve sighed and remained silent with her eyes downcast until the meeting ended.

-----------

Gabriel watched Eve as she left the hall, her steps were quick but subdued lest the elders try to imprison her for her impertinence. Things were coming back full circle, Sireen would soon piece it together and Gabriel's life of anonymity would be over. Who he really was and what would happen from there rested with Eve and a demon set on bringing about the climax of the demi-god's mistakes.

-----------

Eve was hot, so hot. She tossed and turned under the sheet, the covers long since kicked off. Her skin was covered in a thin sheen of sweat and her chest rose and fell with her rapid shallow breaths. She needed to get out of this house, she needed to cool down. Eve pushed off the sheet and walked to the window, looking down at the grounds three stories below. The weak moonlight fell across her naked skin making her alabaster skin seem even paler and more ethereal. Eve pulled open the doors to the terrace, stepped out, and vaulted over the railing and landed with a whisper in the garden below. She stretched and began to walk down the winding path that lead to the lake at the edge of the property by the tree line. The night was balmy and humid, the calls of night birds echoed in the darkness and the gravel under her feet crunched softly.

The lake looked like a mirror laid into the lush grass, its smooth surface reflected the crescent moon above. The new moon was only a few days away leaving a pale sliver of moon, its light only enough to lightly illuminate the world below. Eve stepped into the water and dove into the depths, letting the cool water sooth her heated skin and calm her nerves. The black depths of the lake reminded Eve of dying, the darkness stretching on forever as you sank down, and the weak light growing steadily stronger as you came up for air. Eve swam for over an hour, hoping the physical exersion would allow her to sleep when she returned to her room. She swam to the lakes edge and climbed out onto the bank where she stood and looked back at the lake for a moment.

As the water ran down her skin she felt the hair on her neck rise and knew she was not alone anymore. Naked and without weapons she turned around slowly prepared to do what she must to survive. She let her breath out and smiled as she saw Gabriel standing barely an arms length away.

"I couldn't sleep." She shrugged lightly and wrapped her arms around her chest, self conscious for no good reason she could think of.

"There is much going on that should concern you, I would imagine sleep would be difficult for you." Gabriel was staring out at the lake, his dark shirt was open at the neck, his jeans were comfortably loose and his feet were bare. "Perhaps next time you should consider bringing a weapon next time you decide to wander in the nude around the grounds."

Eve felt herself grow red even though she believed herself many years past modesty and embarrassment. "Its good that you came along to save me than Gabriel, ever my dark guardian angel." Eve smiled at the joke and stepped over to lightly punch Gabriel's shoulder in an affectionate gesture she had used time and time before.

Gabriel grabbed her wrist and whipped her around tight against his body his other arm wrapped around her waist and his face hesitated inches from hers. Eve's eyes widened suddenly and her mouth went dry and tight.

"Yes Eve, it is a good thing that I am here for you just like I always have been."

Gabriel's mouth claimed hers before Eve's brain could wrap around his words. Her eyes widened further then slid closed as her mouth opened into Gabriel's and she felt his tongue slip past her lips. Her finger curled on his shoulders and her rounded nails lightly dug into the cloth of his shirt as she found herself kissing him back, meeting him head on, her tongue following his back into his mouth to explore as he had. His hand ran along her wet skin, moving up and down her spine pressing her body into his adding a delicious friction between their bodies. Eve moaned into his mouth and felt him tighten his grip on her body, having released her wrist in favor of pulling her hips against his. She was hot again, ten times worse than before now, her skin felt like it was on fire as she pressed against the growing thrust of his erection. Gabriel released her mouth and moved down her jaw line and along her neck, his lips bringing goose bumps up on her skin as he reached the faded scar where he had bitten her long ago.

Eve gasped. Her eyes swam and she swayed, pain lanced through her and she shivered. Gabriel lightly bit the scar and Eve cried out and shoved away, stumbling back away from him.

"Eve?" Gabriel stepped toward her, concern and puzzlement in his eyes.

"I can't." She shook and raised her eyes to look at him, tears already streaking down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, I can't."

-----------

Eve ran as fast as her legs would carry her, pausing to leap and catch her balcony railing at the house, hauling herself back up into her room. She slid to the floor against the wall and buried her face into her hands weeping. She raged at herself. How could I? I can't sleep with him or anyone else, I am not human. I could kill him! I have no control over my power lust, I would kill him and hate myself in the morning. How could I be so stupid! I care about Gabriel, he saved my life and I have to be cruel to be kind.

Eve wiped her cheek with the back of her hand and wrapped her arms around her knees. It was an age old argument with herself. Even on her first hunt Eve had realized that she had no control over the hunger inside herself and that to risk having sex with another would mean death for someone, most likely her partner. So she distanced from them all and hunted to satiate that hunger, feeding ravenously in hopes that someday it would abate and she could live some kind of a mock life with another vampire in the Black coven. But no amount of demon blood could slake her hunger and she had grown jaded in the years of trying. Why had this happened now? Fate seemed to enjoy throwing cruel spikes at her heart. How would she face Gabriel in the morning?

Eve crawled into bed, utterly miserable and thoroughly disgusted with herself.

-----------

Gabriel sat in the breakfast hall waiting. He had been there since dawn, waiting for Eve to come down for breakfast and the morning assignments. It was nearly ten o'clock and Eve had still not come downstairs. This was an utter mess, he'd fought his attraction to Eve since the first day, but ever glimpse of her brought his feelings back to the surface and reminded him of the taste of her blood and the dizzying pleasure and heady power within it. He had loved Eve as a human, even as he had watched her struggle through that life, working so hard to hold up too much responsibility and never asking for help from anyone. As a vampire Eve had become the siren Gabriel would kill to posses, but she held herself aloof and let no one in. Now as he had taken a chance born of his own desperation he knew things would never go back to being the same. She had softened against him, she had wanted him and would take him but for something that was holding her back. There was one last barrier to bring down, Gabriel need only find out what that barrier was.

Alicia walked into the dining room and Gabriel looked up and hailed her. "Have you seen Eve this morning Alicia?"

"Eve?." Alicia paused. "She's been gone since before sunrise Gabriel, I thought she went out on a run?"

Gabriel knocked over his chair as he bolted out the door and toward the staircase.

-----------

Eve sat on the ledge of the office building and watched the humans scurry to and from work. All at peace even if not happy in their lives. They might think otherwise but human souls were at peace, it was vampires who felt the true upheaval of a war from within. Humans died and went on to the next world. Vampires constantly wondered where they went, undead already and in the grey area where morals were considered. Eve curled her fingers around the hilts of her wicked daggers, a matched pair of barbed, curved blades that torn flesh from bone even in demons. She smiled and leapt down to the fire escape. Death waits for no one. Today she would stop hiding, stop fucking around and meet it head on.

-----------

"I want her FOUND NOW!" Sireen's voice echoed off the halls and was followed by the fleeing footfalls of ever vampire in the Black coven leaving to search for Eve. "You!" He pointed at Gabriel. "Come with me."

Gabriel followed Sireen back into the study and closed the door behind them. "I don't know what happened Gabriel, but this is a bad time for this, and its doubly dangerous for Eve right now, that demon might get her before we can track her down."

"I know Sireen." Gabriel looked at the elder vampire. "It is almost time for things to come to a close and Eve is where the shift of power hinges."

Sireen looked at Gabriel. "I've always known you realize. I know you are not younger than I Gabriel, and I have kept your secrets as you have mine, but I hope this time that your secret will not cost us all our existence."

-----------

Eve scored a good deep thrust with her blades into the demon's chest. He laughed, the rich sound bouncing off the walls of the alley as he broke her wrist like a toothpick. She cried out and fell to her knees, snarling she head butted up into the demon's groin scoring a bark of pain from him. The world faded to black shortly there after.

Eve drowsily came to, her eyes cracking in the red light to take in her surroundings. She was in the shifting dimensional planes, the wind whipped around dry and hot. She could glimpse her world and the demon realm from this place, this shadow realm between the real worlds that served as a barrier to keep everyone in their places. Only the highest order of demons and angels could rip through the two shadow realms; one shadow realm between the demon world and the human world and another shadow realm between the angel world and the human world. There was no doubt which shadow realm she was in, the one that separated demon hell from human world. She was strapped to a stone pillar that stood upon a high alter that overlooked a long bare valley ringed on all sides by wicked black mountains.

The demon Joven stood nearby, his back to Eve as he pried one of her daggers out of the flesh on his bare chest. The sickening sound of crunching bone and wet sucking of flesh echoed in the silent realm as he worked the dagger back and forth to free it from where she had imbedded it in his body.

"You know," he commented without turning. "This thing really does hurt a great deal, I may have to rethink being gentle with you after all." He winced as the dagger flew free tearing a chuck of flesh out with it.

"Too bad," Eve grinned. "A bit deeper and I've had scored your black heart."

Joven was next to her in an instant and he drove the dagger into her shoulder, separating the her shoulder at the joint and popping cartilage and bone apart as the shoulder dislocated. Eve nearly blacked out again and felt bile rise into her throat as she gagged on her pain, praying he had hit an artery and she would bleed out to end the torment.

"So fragile." Joven smiled. "Barely a scratch and you choke on your pain. But for a few centimeters and I would have taken your life and watched it seem out of your very veins." He walked away leaving the dagger imbedded in her arm.

Time passed in a waking nightmare for Eve. She could watch the sun rise and fall in her world but tracking the days was difficult as she drifted in and out of consciousness, her wound weeping with every move, unable to close and heal around the blade. The demon came and went freely from his world, leaving for days at a time to return with candles or a chalice or other items, Eve recognized items needed for a sacrifice and didn't bother wasting her comments on them. Time would tell.

-----------

After three days Gabriel was beside himself. The city had been searched and then the state. There was only one place the demon would have taken Eve and they all knew it. Sireen had called off the hunt and given Eve over as dead, but Gabriel knew better. He also knew that he could follow the demon to where he had gone, but it would require him to throw off the blanket of disguise he had worn for years and to take the life of another vampire to reawaken the sleeping power inside him. Sealed the same way, his powers rested with a lock only the death of a vampire could open. Gabriel entered Sireen's office deeply depressed but resigned.

"Sireen. Its time." Gabriel looked at the aged vampire. "I have to drain one of the Black coven to reawaken."

Sireen looked at him. "So it was a life force seal?" Sireen registered Gabriel's nod. "I understand then, and I know this is not easy for you either. I will bring together the house and ask for a volunteer, meet me in the ballroom in ten minutes."

Gabriel waited inside the ballroom, he watched as over three hundred vampires from just turned to ancient gathered and waited. They all stood nervously, knowing that one of their rank was probably dead at the hands of a Master demon and now the leader of the coven was calling them together.

"My children." Sireen smiled. "What I ask you all is something that is very difficult for myself and for Gabriel. We all know that Eve has been taken, but she is not yet dead." There was a murmur of shock. "Please listen carefully to Gabriel and understand what he asks of you before you speak or volunteer." Sireen turned to Gabriel giving him the floor.

"You have all been so good to me, and yet I have lied to you from the start." Gabriel paused then went on. "I am not younger than Sireen, in fact I am much older. In fact I am not a vampire. I am one of the original four demi-gods." Gasps and then silence followed his announcement. "After many years of fighting amongst ourselves the demi-gods went separate ways, I grew tired of being what I had willingly become so I sealed my power with a life force seal. This required that one of my own children, a vampire I sired, give up her life to lock my power within myself and allow me to pass as a normal vampire."

The vampires were whispering to each other, shock and fear coursing through them as Gabriel peeled away years of lies constructed to hide himself.

"Eve is not like you. She is the completion of a prophecy spoken from the lips of a dying demon to the four of us who were demi-gods. Eve can permanently tear down the shadow realm between this world and Hell and release the demons within upon this earth. Tonight when the new moon rises if that demon sacrifices Eve she will become something not demon, not human, not vampire, not demi-god, she will become a god in truth, a god of chaos." Gabriel closed his eyes. "In order to stop this I must ask that one of you, one of my blood, again give up your life to free the power I've sealed so I can stop the demon and release Eve. I ask one of you to give me your life, I beg it of you."

The room was dead silent. The vampire stood and looked at the man they thought they had known. A demi-god living among them for years, silent and unassuming. Slowly a young woman stepped forward, her long blond locks were swept back over her shoulders.

"You may take my life Gabriel." Alicia stepped to his side.

"I am sorry Alicia." Gabriel ran his fingers down her cheek and along her jaw. He could feel the tears welling but denied them quickly.

Gabriel did something he hadn't done since that day years ago when he had held Eve in his arms. He forced his fangs forward and down, pushing them out until the throbbed with a long suppressed hunger. There was a collective gasp from the group standing nearby, even by vampire terms Gabriel's fangs were abnormally long and sharp, marking him as not normal from the start. Gabriel had never allowed any of them to see his fangs and had not fed since Eve, before that not since the woman he killed. Alicia showed no fear, she stepped into Gabriel's arms and let her head fall back and to the side, her pulse hammering in her neck. Gabriel's hunger took over and he ceased to think, his fangs torn through her skin and buried into her artery, he pulled on her like a starving man, sucking the blood from her with crushing force. Alicia gasped and gripped his shoulders as the blood in her body reversed flow and her veins began to collapse, empty, behind the pull. It lasted only moments, and finally Gabriel lifted his head and Alicia's life ended. Her life force entered him and sank down deep, unlocking the locks put in place so long ago.

Onyxwolf
Onyxwolf
214 Followers