Of Hope Lost and Found Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Glen's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Heaven," he said. "Your body feels like heaven, my love."

*******

We had less time than the doctors thought. Glen degenerated quickly. He was only mobile for another two weeks, but in that time, we ensured that all his affairs were in order. During those last two weeks, we made love a few more times, and when his body didn't allow for that, I used my mouth to bring him a hint of that intimacy. Once he lost most of his mobility, it was only another few weeks under hospice care before Glen was gone.

I mourned him in my own way, but the sensible side of me got right down to business. I threw myself into Hope's Advocate, devoting my finances, my passion, my energy, and my time into helping as many hurting women as I could. I had as many volunteers as I could handle and even hired a few nurses for the clinic we set up. After another ten years of growth, I was ready to hire an assistant, preferably someone I could groom as a replacement. And that's when I met Gina, whose story you may have already heard. It was Gina who eventually created the mess I'm in now, and time will tell if I'm going to bless her or blame her for it. It was Gina who brought Thomas into my life.

12