...Of the End of D

Story Info
...with heavy heart and last revelations, the story ends.
806 words
4.44
13.7k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aka_Mike
aka_Mike
501 Followers

It has been over a year since I opened an account in this website and decided to write down a lot of my personal demons to be able to deal with them. As I talked about them with you folks, me and my close friends were able to exorcise our own demons through my stories, I began to feel better. I saw that there was something there, in these stories, that could be built into greater things. So I crafted and created a world that many of you have openly embraced. Each chapter, while frustratingly slow, helped build more and more layers and showed you all that perhaps these characters birthed in paper could be real.

I took a lot of inspiration from many writers within the world of Literotica. I've read countless emails and comments from people that reached out to share their thoughts and ideas on my stories. But as I reach the final chapter on this long journey, I do so with a sense of sadness and pride. You, a bunch of strangers in a digital world, have looked at the inner mechanics of three fragmented minds. A lot of my experiences both in the Military as a Combat Medic, and my time as a contractor following my discharge are heavily depicted in these stories. In fact, it was something necessary for me, I needed to get all that grief and anger out.

I mentioned before that these experiences are from some of my friends as well, they too needed to get their anger out. We all relied heavily on one another to make it through the day as we tried to make something of a life here, away from the battlefield. It has not been easy, but this past year has helped out a ton. Without the support of each and every one of you, I don't think that I could have made it this far, sharing those parts of myself that my real life Angie never learned helped me reach some peace.

As the story, being told in a series of flashbacks by D to Angie, comes to an end so does the relationship with Angie. What is different about this end is the fact that D and Angie part ways still deeply in love, however their particular lives prevent them from pursuing something further. With a bitter sweet last kiss, they both go on their separate ways. However, D is revealed to have found a new lot in life with Elvis. When I decide to return to the series, this may be one of the aspects that I will explore.

Elvis and CeCe are unique in this story because they are D's equal in savagery and intelligence. All three of them have an extreme sense of justice, honor, and loyalty to their family. Each is broken in their own way, with inabilities to form any meaningful connections with people that do not share their background and savagery.

I have enjoyed creating these characters as a way to rid myself of demons. But alas, all journeys must come to an end, and this is the end of this one. Again, I don't mean to say that I will not write stories about D in the future, but it means that D as a character has gone through the transformation that he needed to in order to step into the next stages of his life. I find myself in a similar position, I also feel that in my life I can finally step out of the worst scabs and enjoy life. For that reason alone, I think that my time with D will take a very long break. There are some people that I would like to thank, not just the readers here but a few people in my real life that know of this hobby, one in particular.

The Flowers from New Mexico, that's not her real name of course but I hope that if she is still reading these stories she will know I am talking about her. Thank you for being there for me, for listening to my many rants, and for giving me guidance without even trying. We went off on different paths, and I hope that life is better for you without me in it. You were the best influence for me to continue writing, and I will be forever grateful to you.

To all of you, once again thank you. From the bottom of my heart, you have humbled me with your comparisons to some of the best writers in history, with your anger at the events that take place in the lives of the characters. But more importantly, with your emotional investment as to how it will all end, I hope that you enjoyed this ride. Remember, keep the rubber side down.

Much love,

aka_Mike

aka_Mike
aka_Mike
501 Followers