Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's to repay him for his help with Nima," Zyra interjected.

She tested the strength of some twine with her teeth.

"Besides, it's way overdue. A fault on my part."

"He helped Nima?"

Zyra paused. "Kyzu...didn't tell anyone?"

Ginger frowned. "No. She's out gathering herbs. We assumed she found a solution."

"The ogre gave her that solution," Zyra said a bit agitated. "Besides, didn't you hear her scream my name? It was clear as day."

Ginger gave her a dubious look. "No. I didn't hear that. No one heard her scream your name."

Zyra was beginning to feel uncomfortable. She had enough on her plate without questioning if she was crazy.

"It matters not. Nima is well. Do you have any extra twine Ginger?"

Ginger looked into the sack she was preparing.

"I can spare some twine, a fire pit bowl, and another fur."

"Thank you Ginger," Zyra said smiling.

"I'm taking it from your pile."

Zyra pouted in response. "Come on, don't do that!" she whined.

Ginger crossed her arms, eying her mercilessly. "I'm doing it. Think of it as punishment."

With that Ginger stalked off like a triumphant soldier to her tent.

"You're not my mother!" Zyra yelled at her, a smile tugging at her lips.

Ginger scoffed. "I might as well be!"

When she had all that she needed, Zyra set out to find the ogre's camp. She hoped he was there. Then she could give him the supplies.

Would it be rude to simply give them to him and leave? What if he didn't know how to use them?

Well, then she would stay.

What if he was lying? Why would he lie? She was over thinking this.

About halfway up, the stream fattened out into a river. Then farther up it would thin once more. It was on the edge of the lake that she found his camp. It was a good distance from their camp ground and filled with noisy wild life. The first thing she noticed was the strange fence he was building. It was tall, taller than him in fact and he was using wood, vines and some clay to secure it. It seemed sturdy and it faced the river. She wondered if he was worried that there might be something in the water.

The strange fence had a few large leaves over the top of it and it seemed he was planning on building another fence opposite of the first fence.

Strange.

The leaves seemed quite temporary though.

Looking about she wondered where he had been lodging. Further in she saw a collection of leaves piled under a poor excuse for covering. It was quite literally 2 fat slabs of wood with vines and leaves binding them. One might curl up under it, but it seemed a close fit for her, regardless a creature his size. Rain would wash it away. Wind might blow it down. Zyra fought down her guilt to concentrate on her plan of action.

She thought about calling him, but stopped herself. This was her responsibility, it was time to own up to that. She should just deal with it alone.

Zyra put the pack down and cleared out a circle a little bit away from his fence. Then she began to set up. She hammered in the tent's wooden planks with a sturdy rock and made sure that each end was pulled tightly. Once the tent was up she crawled inside. It wasn't as big as Ginger or her tents, but it was the biggest one they had found. He couldn't stand in it, but he could lay comfortably with his full body inside.

Quietly she set up the furs and the balm, and the cleaning station with the water basin, reflective stone, and rubbing sticks. Taking the twine she strengthened the tent against storms. With the rest she made a quick ugly looking net that might prove useful in hunting.

He didn't seem to have any weapons. She wasn't sure if giving him one was appropriate or safe. Though much time had passed he was still gone when she had finished.

Should she leave?

Well of course, why would she stay?

Walking away she wondered why the camp looked so strange. Then it hit her. There was no fire pit. She had brought the spit sticks too. She dug a small one using a flat stone, then lined it with the smooth slightly wet stones from the stream. When they got hot he could put things on them, or he could use Ginger's fire bowl. Gathering brush and wood she clicked stones together until she had a spark. The fire grew slowly with coaxing fanning and added brush.

Good, she added the spit and watched the little camp she had made with pride. Fit for a Rovian Chieftess.

When the fire rose to full height she let the remaining wood by the tent and turned. Her eyes widened when she took him in. He was looked as startled as she was.

How did he move so quietly? Was this how Rell felt?

Why was she asking herself so many damnable questions?

In his hand was a skinned Perkadu, its beaver tail still attacked to its fat bird like body. Its black claws remained on its spindly arms. She wondered if he had plans for them. They stared at each other in silence until a hooting bird sounded in the distance.

It was dark. Night had fallen?

How was she not noticing these things? Fuckta!

"Um...sorry," she choked off. She sprung to retreat into the forest.

"Would you care to join me?" His voice halted her escape.

She swallowed nervously. Why was she nervous?

"Uh...no. I-I have ration at the tribe and I must not be wasteful."

"Well, could you...sit for a minute?"

She stared at his imploring eyes. It occurred to her that the first conversation he had had in a week was with Kyzu. Oh yes, she still owed him.

She nodded stiffly, smoothing out the edge of her skirt. She had forgotten her weapons...again.

Honestly, if he killed her she deserved to die.

Hearing a grating noise she saw the ogre pull over two large logs and place them near the fire. He sat next to the one closest to the tent and began to use the spit on the Perkadu. She noticed he smiled to himself as he placed it on the two supporting sticks. It was easy. She could see the delight in his face from the simplicity of the action. Had he been living hard?

"I'm sorry," she spat out hurriedly.

He looked up at her, his yellow eyes honey colored against the fire light.

"I know. You already said so."

"No," she corrected. "I meant I was sorry for..."

"You don't need to explain," he interjected. "Sorry is a human apology is it not?"

She nodded, ignoring the strangeness of it all.

"Then all is forgiven," he said lightly.

He turned the Perkadu over, admiring its browning skin.

"What is this?"

She blinked. "What is what?"

"This animal," he said pointing to it.

"You don't know what it is?" she asked him incredulously.

He smirked at her, amused. "Obviously not."

She frowned at his chiding tone. "It's a Perkadu."

"A perka what?"

"Purr-kuh-doo. Perkadu. You found it in a tree right?"

He nodded.

"Well they're terribly confused creatures. They can't fly but since they're shaped like birds and have winged bones they always try. Luck for them they always land on their feet. They can swim because of their tail, but they're terrified of water."

He laughed. "And how would you know?"

She looked down forcing away a guilty grin.

"Well...when we were young me and a few of my sisters would catch them and throw them in the river. They always swam back to land really fast and none of them drowned...it was quite harmless. They were just a tad...traumatized."

He let out a throaty laugh then, amused by her childish cruelty. "I see. So your viciousness starts from birth?"

"I am not vicious," she snapped viciously. "I was young." Somehow that excuse seemed to fizzle out of its own volition.

The ogre smirked. "Are you old now?" he asked, turning the stick again.

She wasn't sure how to answer that.

"How old are you ogre?"

He opened his mouth, a fang glinting in the night. She had forgotten, for a moment he had seemed normal. She still had no weapons.

"Ogres live a long time."

"Have you lived a long time?"

"Have you?"

It seemed evident that they would continue on in this silly game for as long as he wished.

"Not for an ogre," she responded snappishly.

His grin widened. "Well, me either," he conceded. "Though I am pretty sure I am your elder."

She wasn't sure if she should scoff or remind him that he was in her care. She did nothing instead.

An awkward silence took over the night's lighthearted conversation, with nothing but the cracks and sizzles of a roasting mammal to fill it with.

When it finished cooking through he raised it towards her.

"Want a bite?"

"No thank you," she said. She had just told him...

"Why do you care so much for that child?"

Zyra hadn't been expecting that question. She felt the track of the conversation was foreboding and that she would dislike whatever followed. Still, she was trying to be polite.

"She is my niece," she responded.

"But you are not her mother?" he more or less stated.

"No I am not."

"But you want to be?"

"No!" Zyra shouted angrily. To think she could replace Kyzu! "I would never..."

"Then why are you taking care of the child for her?"

"Will you stop cutting me off?"

Kail smirked at the wrath that rolled over her in waves. It was a berry red and waxed around her like long hair in the wind. The more furious she became, the faster it swirled. In the darkness little could be hidden from him. He could see everything, even the color of emotions.

"Of course," he said coyly. "I apologize."

Her anger reduced, though it still remained.

"I came only because I heard her calling for me. I do only what is necessary. Generally, my sister has a tendency to falter in times of great need. So I do what needs to be done."

"So she is an unfit mother?" Kail asked.

"That is not what I am saying." The red strands began to whip again.

"You are saying that when the Chieftess hits a wall you must push it down for her. She rarely does things without you."

Zyra paused. No, Kyzu was better at different things. She had never though Kyzu an unfit mother. She didn't want to take Nima away.

"Is that why you didn't give me the instructions?" Zyra asked. "Have you been watching us?"

He took a bite out of the Perkadu, his eyes still focused on her.

"I gave her the instructions because your Chieftess is the child's mother. Not you."

Zyra felt strangely insulted by this obvious fact. Perhaps it was the way he said it, like she didn't matter. Nima was alive because of her, not Kyzu. She had saved Kyzu's life too for that matter. Now it was like everyone was afraid of her.

Kail observed the rainbow of emotions that began to pour out of her. The red still remained but there was orange frustration, blue sadness, white confusion. Suddenly the colors were swallowed up by black. Even the red swallowed up.

Black loneliness.

For the champion of her village, she appeared to be incredibly lonely. Looking at his own hand and the healing cracks from the shackles, he was reminded that she was not alone in this.

"You are incredibly important Zyra," he suddenly said.

She looked up at him innocently, trying to hide the interest in his encouragement.

"You get things done. You have a drive that is essential to your village's survival."

She seemed to perk up like a curious child. It was an odd gesture on her womanly body.

He continued on. "I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm only saying that you should be aware of whether or not your contributions are helping or hurting. Or..." he gave her a pointed look.

"...if they're truly appreciated."

Before she could rant he gestured to the tent.

"I appreciate this."

She was stunned when he gave her a smile. It wasn't something she'd expected, that his smile would be full of such joy and kindness. Even with sharp teeth that smile made him seem like the kindest person you could ever meet.

Surely this was a dangerous beast. To have lured her in so with his words.

"I must take my leave ogre," she said standing up.

"Kail."

She frowned. "Wha..."

"My name is Kail. Please use it," he said with a polite but clipped tone.

So that irritated him.

"Yes," she agreed hesitantly. She would grant him that respect, until he pissed her off.

"Say it."

She opened her mouth to protest him ordering her but he added a quick, "Please."

Zyra glared at him by roughly muttered, "...Kail..."

"Goodnight Zyra."

She didn't respond, becoming a red haze that stomped away.

"Zyra!" he called out. "You forgot something."

He watched her reluctantly turn around to face him. He closed his right hand and stood up.

"What?" she hissed.

He held out his hand and started to loosen it. Zyra stepped forward and reached for the item when his other hand held the back of her head.

"Your goodnight kiss."

With that he kissed her. It was the lightest of touches, a brush really of his lips against hers, but she felt a strange thrill. It was a pleasant hum that concentrated on her most private places, firing up something she was unfamiliar with. She drew in a breath, unsure if it was for her nerves, or if she sought to taste his essence.

Abruptly she pushed herself back, her fingers pressing against her tingling lips. She looked up at him, his predator eyes fixated on her. Then she ran as fast as she could, away from the feelings and the confusion.

She'd run away from the silence of her empty tent, a tent once shared by her and Kyzu until Nima's birth. She'd run towards Ginger's tent where Ginger would be with someone, but they would have to leave because Ginger needed to keep trying to mother her. There she would climb into a corner, a safe warm corner with one less fur, where she could fall asleep to the sound of Ginger's yelling. A sound much more comforting to her, then the muted echoing sighs she released that lay buried beneath her tent.

__________________________________________________

Kail watched her form disappear.

She was fast, he gave her that.

She was also soft. Her full lips were made for kissing and while he would have preferred her hair a bit longer, he liked the feel of it. There were benefits to short hair as well.

Zyra was a naïve thing. He had watched her every day in between building his home and hunting. Her niece had spotted him several times, looking at him with wide curious eyes. He watched Zyra bid the brothers goodbye, the blonde one and the ugly one. He cringed when he saw him strangle her with his lips. She looked pained but took it anyway. He had to admit that when she called for him he was a bit shocked. Before he could answer he watched her dart off in the distance to the Chieftess' tent. He had learned through observing that Kyzu was actually Zyra's sister, not tribe sister.

When he heard the commotion he knew exactly what the problem was. He had never expected her reaction of violence nor the irritation he felt when she tried to force him away. He could have left and let the child suffer. Instead he had gotten physical with her and to his surprise, she had rewarded him.

Kail looked at the furs in the tent.

He wondered what he'd have to do to get her in those furs.

Despite his species Kail had very few problems with females, human, magical, the like. Normally if he was refused he moved on to the next one. He was good to his partners, sure to make their experiences exceptional and fun. He supposed thanks to his unofficial exile, those days were now over.

He had seen one girl, that friend of hers that seemed to exude lust. Perhaps he could have fun with her. Regardless of these plans his mind always drifted back to the huntress beauty. No matter how fierce she thought she was, she looked like a woman beside him, and he liked that. He was excited to study her. She was complex little creature who's naivety had caused several conflicting roles upon her.

How could she be mother, sister, friend, and daughter to the same person? Why would she accept such roles?

He thought back to her lean muscles and ample curves.

Would she be interested in accepting another role?

Perhaps he could persuade her. No matter how she ignored him, no matter how dangerous she assumed he was, she had shimmered gold when he kissed her.

Gold was the color of lust.

__________________________________________________

Zyra's head was whirling as she made her way back to the tribe. Her guard had been down and he had taken advantage. Even so, she wondered why she wasn't angry at him. To be honest she was more shocked than anything else. She didn't know why she had felt so electrified by his touch. Rell's touches had been much more intimate, but that light kiss called to her. It made her go back to the forest and chills ran down her spine thinking about his practiced fingers sending her over in the matter of minutes.

For that reason she could not speak.

She walked out to Kyzu's tent to check on Nima. Inside Kyzu had a small candle and was grinding up herbs. Kyzu looked up at her with a hint of contempt that she was unable to mask quick enough for Zyra's improved eyes.

"Have you tended to the ogre?" she asked softly.

"Yes," Zyra replied kneeling beside Nima. She was still asleep, but she looked peaceful.

Kyzu grunted and reached out to wipe a hair from Nima's face, forcing Zyra to lean back. It was clear from Kyzu's behavior that she was unwelcome.

The ogre's words rang through her mind. She touched Kyzu's shoulder and she turned. Kyzu's eyes widened when she took in Zyra's angry look.

"Kyzu, if you didn't want me to help you with Nima, why did you call me?"

Kyzu looked at her with surprise. "Why are you looking at me that way?"

They were silent looking at each other with sudden unfamiliarity. Zyra couldn't help but feel that things were different now. Their eyes drifted to her arm that was bandaged like an injured warrior. The tattoo hummed underneath her skin.

"Did you call me today Kyzu?"

Kyzu shook her head.

"No, I didn't call you."

__________________________________________________

Hey guys! Once again thank you for all your support.

If you have any ideas about character relationships I'd like to hear them.

Ex: Do you want to see the Basilisk again? Nymare? What about the other characters like Ginger and Gharla? Your comments can shape the storyline! SO PLEASE COMMENT! Thanks again!

12