Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I haven't decided."

Kail chuckled and his eyes took on a predatory look.

"Come here. I'll help you decide."

"No."

"No not now or no never again?"

"Never again Kail Shashanen Shyla."

If he hadn't seen that coy grin on her face her declaration might have upset him greatly.

"If only it were that simple Zyra," he languished, standing up in all his glory.

She took a step closer to the door.

"You're no longer a virgin," he said taking a step forward. "And you've proven that I can give you pleasure..."

His eyes took on a dangerous sheen.

"I could accept a temporary denial of my presence but to deny me all together?" He smiled, teeth bared like a Nemlock. "I cannot allow that."

"Oh?" Zyra asked, her heart rate accelerating as she tried to feign indifference. "So you intend to just take me anytime it suits you?"

"You've made your bed. Lie in it." He walked up to her and put an arm behind her, pulling her up against him. She stared back at him in challenge.

"Whether I want you or not is entirely up to me," Zyra declared.

"Lust goes both ways," Kail rumbled, trailing his hand up and down her back. "If you don't want me when I want you, I can make you want me."

"And me? Can I make you want me?"

"I always want you."

The confession startled her and suddenly the game was over, only Kail wasn't aware of that. He bent down and kissed her neck, slowly stroking her back.

"Even when you're not near me..." he whispered, kissing her collarbone, "...even when you infuriate me..." she gasped when he nibbled at a spot in her shoulder that curled her toes. "I am filled with wanting for you huntress Zyra."

She gripped his arms, dizzy with longing. "Will...will this wanting ever fade?" she whispered uncertainly.

Sensing the change in her Kail looked up and saw she was being serious. He stroked the side of her face with a thumb and he swallowed heavily. He wasn't sure.

"I don't know."

She placed her hand over his and took a deep breath.

"Then, as long as you want me I will never deny you."

Zyra stood up on her toes and planted a chaste kiss on his lips. Kail remained frozen by what she had said. He watched her gather her spear and without a word she was out of his hut. He stared at the spot that she had been and let out a long weary sigh. He had never felt this way before. So enthralled by a woman who was everything but her own, and now she was his as well.

How far could Zyra stretch? Somehow it didn't matter. Kail could only wonder if his want for her, his need could ever go away. And if it did, why would it stop?

Zyra ran, her mind racing with questions and worries as she headed towards the monokeros. She hoped it would be over quickly. Thoughts of Hanto and the monokeros began to make her question herself. There had to be a way to regain at least part of her life.

When the tent was in sight she took a deep breath before splaying the flap open.

"Hey!"

Zyra could only stare as Ginger, hair down and naked sat firmly on top of the monokeros, whose face was pink and sweaty with exertion.

"Do you mind?" Ginger said coyly. "We're kind of busy."

Zyra looked at the monokeros, wondering if she dared to feel hope. He opened his eyes and looked at her sternly.

"I have no need of you."

Zyra felt a smile stretching on her face, a full one, one she rarely used. Ginger felt herself getting emotional at the joy on Zyra's face.

"You heard the man. Shoo!" she shouted.

"Yes maam," Zyra beamed brightly.

Smiling from ear to ear she ran all the way back to Kail's hut. She saw him outside with a towel draped around his shoulders and pants on.

"Oh, hey!" he managed before she jumped on him. He caught her with wide eyes as her smile made her previous beauty a pale shadow in comparison.

"What—"

She swallowed his question with her mouth, wrapping her arms around his neck. He mumbled helplessly against her lips before deciding the "what" was irrelevant. With one hand tucked firmly beneath her he fumbled for the door. He bumped them into the side of his hut and she made a small noise of protest, but she didn't release him. Finding the door at last he pushed it open and ducked them inside. She pulled back breathlessly, smiling, giggling and it was contagious. He kicked the door closed and tossed her onto the furs. __________________________________________________

The next day Zyra walked with a bounce in her step. She had spent the night at Kail's again, and then escaped him just before morning. The temptation of sex was too strong right now. It was addictive, a sweet and potent drug that only got better with time. She wondered if that's why the tribes were separated. With men and women living together, how would any work get done?

She giggled at her thoughts as she headed towards the village. When she entered she saw her hunters sharpening their weapons. Rair saw her immediately and stood, inclining her head in a sign of respect. Zyra did the same before the rest of her hunters converged on her like wild beasts. Enui and Gharla cut through the gibbering crowd with a firm but humble question.

"What do you ask of us my huntress?"

The others quieted and looked at her expectantly and she nodded curtly, signaling they could all get up.

"The celebration approaches in 12 days time. The bulk of the hunting has been done, but we now must finish our preparations. Understood?"

"Yes huntress!"

Zyra nodded approvingly. "Good. Imjah?"

She stepped forward briskly and pressed her forearm against her chest.

"Yes huntress."

"Take three of our number and go to the preserved Nemlock. Assign half of its number to the women on the east of the village and let them roast it and wrap it in leaves. Dispose of any meat that has spoiled."

Imjah nodded and took a few with her before heading off into the direction Zyra had told her.

"Gharla."

Gharla stepped forward. "Ha sisna?"

Yes sister?

Zyra smirked. Leave it up to Gharla to show off.

"Go to the west of the village. Repeat my instructions with the Perkadu but collect its feathers. Tonight we will distribute them evenly among the village women so they may use them to adorn themselves for celebration."

Gharla nodded and went off, gesturing that Enui come with her but Zyra raised a hand.

"Wait Enui, I need you."

Gharla looked wounded for a moment then sucked up her emotions and took another huntress.

Zyra gave the group instructions until it was only her and Enui left. Some were off cutting wood to supply the fires, some were taking orders for materials for the village women, another was seeking council with Kyzu. She would relay Kyzu's orders and they would act accordingly. Looking at Enui Zyra let out a sigh.

"Wan trulia yah sisna?" Enui whispered, her eyes darting to where Rell innocently stood.

He saw them and waved. They returned the gesture.

What troubles you sister?

"Ack a oot ta na somlia ack shalla regret." I am about to do something I shall regret.

Wan?"

Zyra sighed.

"Beeblia Henna,"

Enui blinked in shock.

"Seriously? Are you sure?"

"Yes Enui," Zyra said sighing. "Bring Henna. To me, as swiftly as you can."

Enui nodded and went to fetch her.

A moment later Rell strode up to her.

"How do you fare?" he asked, biting into a sweet red tree fruit.

"Decently," she said stretching. She noticed his eyes wandered, but it was far cry from lechery.

"What was that strange language you spoke in? Is it the same from when Hanto and I..."

"Yes," Zyra said, not wishing to think of Hanto.

She did not want him near her. How could she refuse him without offending the Chief? That could damage their allies and their trade. How would they continue their line? It wasn't like they could grow other women.

"Zyra?"

"Right. Um, I hope we didn't offend you Rell."

He shrugged. "I understand there are some things you do not wish me to hear. I am after all not a villager."

"I trust you Rell. With my life," Zyra said giving him and smile.

She put her hands on his shoulders and gave him a comforting squeeze.

"It was nice to hear it though. I didn't think about your feelings. It's just...been a while." The code was necessary around outsiders; otherwise it was only discussed among trusted friends."

Zyra eyed Rell with fondness. Was he not a trusted friend?

Pushing on his shoulders she made him sit beside her on a log. Enui would not be back yet. Henna would no doubt wish to come kicking and screaming.

"What I tell you, you must never repeat around anyone but me understand?" she said firmly.

It wasn't against the rules but it was implied that no one save a Rovian ever speak or learn the hunter code. There were village girls who didn't know it, let alone an outsider. Nima had been taught the code by Zyra herself. Rell nodded understanding the weight of her words.

"Good. Now..." she dropped her voice to a whisper. "Say ack."

"Awlk."

"No," Zyra said shaking her head. "Look at my lips. AH-k...Ack."

"Ack."

"Ack is I. Now a...ah."

"...a."

She pointed to herself. "Ack a Zyra."

Rell furrowed his nose. "I am Zyra?"

"Yes!" Zyra said, her heart racing in anticipation as she taught him the code.

"So to say I am Rell, you say..."

"Ack a Rell."

"Ha."

"What?"

"Haw, Ha means yes."

"What is no?"

"Neh."

Rell nodded, a small smile spreading on his lips.

"Thank you Zyra."

Zyra nodded and held his hand. "You know you are among my most trusted friends. The hunter code is for that, for us."

They jumped when their tattoos lit up and they yanked their hands from one another frowning.

"Why do you suppose they interact?" Rell asked her.

Zyra shook her head. "Probably so that when I die, you will know."

Rell's mouth thinned into a grave line. "You won't die Zyra. I won't allow that. Enui, Ginger< Rair and Gharla won't allow that, and neither will Kail. You have allies..."

He held her hand again, this time firmly. "And friends."

Their tattoos flashed again but they ignored it and sat in companionship. The special bond between them didn't break with distance or time as Zyra thought it might. They understood the curse they were both inflicted with. If nothing else, it assured they would be bound for life. It was up to Zyra to assure that Rell had a normal life.

A plan suddenly occurred to Zyra. It was wrong to test the bond, wrong to ask what she planned to ask, but she had to. She needed to. She would.

"Rell." Zyra released his hand and he looked up at her in surprise. She avoided his gaze.

"Hah Zyra?"

She snickered. His code was so rough. He made it sound like a cough more than a soft question.

"Rell...in 11 days time I will ask you a favor. You have the right to deny or grant me that favor, but understand that it will come to a great cost to us both."

Rell shook his head. "You can ask me now Zyra. I will not deny you."

"Do not say what you will and won't do now," Zyra snapped.

She locked eyes with him and he started at the feral look in her eyes.

"In 10 days time, you will meet me at our spot after the sun sets. Do not forget, do not mention this conversation again. I trust you."

Then she stood up. Enui was coming back with Henna, she could hear Henna's venomous thoughts.

Rell watched her walk away with growing dread. What could Zyra have to ask him two days before the celebration?

Henna's eyes spit fire but her body shook before Zyra. She was like a tiny animal backed into a corner with nothing but pride to keep it fighting. Zyra actually felt bad for her.

"Have I displeased you huntress?"Henna asked calmly.

"Not yet," Zyra chided lightly. "Though if you think about slapping me once more I might be tempted to break your arm."

Henna gasped and shook harder before spitting and baring her claws in vain.

"You're a monster! I don't care what you do to me. You'll only prove it!"

"I am a monster," Zyra said grinning at her.

Henna's eyes widened as she took a step towards her.

"But even monsters need reinforcements."

Her hand snatched up Henna's delicate heart shaped face and she gave her a toothy smirk.

She squeezed Henna's cheeks and the girl squealed more out of outrage than pain.

"There is a herb that grows at the tops of the Bell Bark trees. When grinded it soothes the friction of..."

"I know what it's for," Henna mumbled.

"Hn, I bet you do."

Zyra released her and crossed her arms. "You will go and gather these things until you have collected 100 of these plants. You will give them to Kyzu at the end of each day."

"They lie beyond the path of lone village girls," Henna said, her emotions ranging between bitterness, spite, and sadness.

Zyra tucked a strand of hair behind the insolent girl's head. "Then I suppose it is good that you are a huntress."

Henna looked up at her, her eyes betraying the weakness of hope. "You...after all..."

"I don't hold grudges," Zyra said shrugging. "At least not small ones. You were always the quickest and lightest huntress. You could easily scale the trees."

Henna flushed with the compliment as she struggled to fight against her gratefulness.

"If you complete this task I will reinstate you as a full huntress," Zyra said firmly. "Until then you are to report your progress to Enui and she will assist you if you need it. She will tell me if you are ready."

"I understand."

Enui coughed and Henna bowed her head.

"I understand...my huntress. Thank you."

"Do not stay out past dark," Zyra commanded. Henna nodded and went to change her clothing.

"Oh and Henna?"

Henna looked back at her. Thoughts of Zyra telling her it was all a joke ran through Henna's mind and real fear flashed on her face.

"If you stay out past nightfall, climb a tree and stay in it. No one will come look for you. Though, I'm sure you can manage."

Henna bowed again before rushing off, embarrassed angry thoughts and all.

"Why did you not let me do this task?" Enui asked in a clipped tone.

"I need you for other things."

"Zyra, you know what I mean."

Zyra gave Enui a smile. "I can't keep her from being a huntress forever. Her punishment was to understand her place. Our job is to benefit the people. If a prolonged display of my power harbors the development of what could be a fine huntress, how could I defend myself when they turn against me once more? How could I prove that I am most qualified to lead us?"

"They will not turn against you," Enui said, her face grave. "And they will not question what is rightfully yours. Never again, me and Gharla will not allow it."

"They might not question it with a duel rite," Zyra said, "but they will question it. It is in their nature and it cannot be stopped. It is my duty to protect that."

Enui shook her head, her brown locks bounced around her face. "Then why do we stay? Why do we live in such ungratefulness and mistrust?"

Zyra chuckled and gestured that they move on.

"Where else could we go?"

Enui fell silent then as she trailed behind Zyra. The voices of the nymphs haunted her dreams. There was a place, a place they could all go.

But knowing Zyra, knowing who she was and what she stood for, would she ever leave? __________________________________________________

"So...what's your name?"

"My name?"

Ginger lay against the chest of the monokeros, her naked back lightly stroked by his arm. She purred and ran a hand through his hair.

"Mm...you are so beautiful."

"I don't have one," he rasped. He was amazed at the strange peace he felt with her against him. The human form was the ideal form for his transformation. He could have turned into his adult form at any moment and left Zyra with the message, but something held him back. It was odd to be so old and so confused. He of all knew that knowledge was infinite. Yet, how could he not be surprised? Ginger was...she was...amazing.

"How could you not have a name?" Ginger asked, lifting her head up.

Her hair cascaded around her shoulders, her raw sexuality and hungry eyes igniting him again.

"The monokeros name themselves. Some name themselves earlier in their lives. I had chosen to name myself as part of my coming of age."

Ginger nodded and gave him a small smile. "Well I have to call you something. Calling you Monokeros is the same thing as you calling me Human, and you know how much I hate that."

"Why?" he asked curiously. "Is that not what you are?"

"All that I am, all that I'll ever be is Ginger," she said kissing his chin. "Names have to be lived up to. My name is a plant that grew in the Old World, and now grows wild in the most remote of places. I have never tasted it but..." she eyed him coyly. "I know it must be bursting with life."

He stared at the creature before him in wonder. She was so human, so frail and whimsical yet was she not precious? Perhaps the burden of the human message was the one that he was to share to his people. Humans, no one knew what to do with them. Perhaps their violent blood could be tamed with interbreeding. Was Ginger not an ideal human? Nonviolent, loving to a fault, and a comfort to those around her? Even with a nymph father?

"Call me what you will Ginger," he said guiding her beneath him. She smiled, feeling his arousal against her once more.

"I do adore a lover who never tires," she said breathlessly. "But I have to call out something. How about...Lune?"

"Lu-nay?"

"No," she chuckled. "No, Loo-n. It's moon in the huntress code, only you didn't learn that from me."

The monokeros struggled to wrap his lips around the word and she watched them pucker and purse.

"Loo..nn..eh?"

He looked at her with such expectation it broke her heart.

"Yes, we'll call you Luneh. For the moon you remind me of."

"I see." He smiled at her and kissed her lips. His body shone as the emotions of desire flooded him and she wrapped herself around his light. Tilting his hips he drove his horn into her and she cried out his name.

"Luneh!"

A shiver ran through him. "Yes Ginger, Luneh." __________________________________________________

A week had passed since Zyra had been spared from the monokeros. The village was bustling with life as girls cooked, cleared the land, and prepared themselves for the celebration. Rell helped them by teaching them a few Ursie customs that assisted them in helping the men feel more at home. Tired as they were the Ursies did not wish to wait a night for the celebration to begin. They wished for it to start almost instantly. It was thus changed that the night of would mark the start. That way there would be no forcing the start because of a horny couple or group.

Rell's ability to cook and clean gave him several admirers and Zyra noticed with amusement that he sought out Rair who almost always regarded him with chagrin and scorn.

"You cook well for a man," a village woman named Tuyu said smilling widely.

He nodded as he cut up fruits that would be boiled into sweet syrups.

"We have no women to cook for us," he said shrugging. "You hunt well for women do you not?"

"We hunt well for anyone," Rair snapped, appearing out of nowhere.

"Oh, Rair," Rell said waving a hand to her. "Come try this syrup. It's for..."

"Have you seen Zyra?" she interrupted, glaring at him.

He sighed and shook his head. "No, but I heard she was with Kyzu—"

"Thank you."

He watched her turn on her heel.

Goodness that woman was prickly.

"Rell, will you carry this water jug for us?"

He turned and saw two young girls with a large jug in front of them. He wondered why they had carried it to him instead of their destination but shrugged.

"Sure. Where to?"

They pointed him in the direction and with relative ease he lifted it. Zyra was right, he was getting stronger. He heard the girls giggle behind him as they walked and shook his head.