Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 20

Story Info
Zyra had to be stopped.
14.7k words
4.89
11.9k
9

Part 20 of the 34 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/02/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 20:

"Locat Nazu requiem...Naza locat requiem...locat nazu..."

The chant had been going on for seven days. The witches of the pure elements, water, earth, fire, and air continued their location chant in vain.

Caligula stood over them, staring at the marble basin and its odd stillness with disdain. Despite their best efforts, despite his immeasurable strength, they could not find him. That could mean one of two things. Either it was a good sign because he was too weak to register enough magic to be found, or a bad sign because the Mage did not wish to be found, and he had the power to hide himself.

Creedon, even now it brought a shiver down his spine.

Part of him always knew that this day was coming, and yet he could not bring himself to recognize it fully. He knew even in his weakest, Creedon could destroy everything.

Caligula gritted his teeth and focused on all his assets. What did he have that Creedon did not?

Could not?

The lesser witches, numerous as they were, could easily be matched by the right summoning of demons and sprites. Loyalty among the ogres was valuable, but they were not a warrior class. What good was a weapon without a wielder? Caligula's eyes cut to the basin once more. How foolish of him. In all of his confusion he had forgotten a valuable piece of the puzzle, his wielder.

"Etaceh?" he called.

The witch appeared from the shadows. She too was surveying the lack of progress uncomfortably.

"Yes Caligula?"

He smiled at her warmly. "I believe it is time."

A sharp red grin slashed across Etaceh's face, twisting the beautiful witch into an image of alluring horror.

"Until the end?"

Caligula nodded with a small smile, "Yes, until the end."
_________________________________________________
"Now!"

Zyra thrust the spear at Rell and he firmly blocked it. She let out a fierce roar as she spun it high into the air and thrust it downward.

Stepping backward, Rell met it overhead and twisted the spear under to counter strike. Zyra flipped back with a grin. Chuckling she threw the spear at him. He ducked, turning wide eyed to watch it impale into a tree.

"Hey! Are you serious?" he shouted worriedly.

His shock turned into a series of grunts and a startling change of scenery. In the second it took for him to look back, Zyra had disarmed him and tackled him to the ground. Coy, she sat her knees into his chest, her lips curved in a catty grin.

"Rell! What is the first rule?"

Rell coughed trying to push her off. "Ugh, I think you bruised something."

"First rule Rell!"

He frowned. "Never turn your back on an opponent."

"Good," Zyra stated contentedly.

She jumped up and offered him a hand up.

"May your bruises be a reminder to you my young disciple."

Her disgruntled pupil groaned as he took her hand.

"Are you punishing me for something?" he asked sardonically.

"Punishing you?"

Zyra chuckled. "Of course not."

"Well you seem to be enjoying this," Rell snapped, rubbing his aching back. This was the third time he had ended up sprawled on his back because of her.

Zyra shrugged. "Very well, let us take a break."

She skipped happily off to their provision as Rell complained all the way there.

"Honestly Zyra, can you...and don't know why...Your sisters would...training. Even so..."

Eventually she began to tune him out. If she was being completely honest with herself, she knew that he was right. She was enjoying herself, immensely. There was something great about not having to go easy on someone. Rell had no skill, but he had the durability of a keromedio dormant. That is what she decided to call him. Sure he bruised and cut easily, but he healed twice as fast. She wasn't trying to hurt him, but if she did, she knew he could take it.

"...and make sure you try! Okay?"

Apparently he had finished his diatribe. What noncommittal thing could she say to cover herself?

"Rell, you know I have only your best interests in mind."


"That's not the point Zyra," he declared. "I want to have skin when this is done!"

"Alright," she promised. "You will have all the skin your heart desires. Unless your customs have had it removed prior to our training."

"Your sarcasm is duly noted," he scoffed.

He took his knife and sliced the large green fruit from his land and passed half of it to her. Curiously she sucked on it and hummed her approval. The red juicy inside was sweet and succulent.

"Don't swallow the seeds," he said as the sliced into his half.

"Why? Zyra asked, juice dribbling down her chin.

"It is rumored that the fruit will grow in your stomach."

Zyra coughed, the black seeds spewing from her mouth.

"Really? What is this called? Why would you eat something so dangerous?"

Rell chuckled. "I have yet to see it happen. It is only a myth."

"Even so!"

Rell laughed harder. "It is only a fruit Zyra. It is called water melon."

She eyed the fruit suspiciously until hunger gave way and she ate once more. Zyra wiped her moist chin and took another watery bite.

"I can see why," she slurped.

After they had finished eating, they headed back towards the camp. The celebration was almost over. There would be two more days of revelry and one day of farewell.

Zyra smiled at Rell as relief and sadness came upon her. It was almost over. Rell would go home, taking his awful brother with him, and in half a year they would see each other again.

She tried to imagine day to day life without Rell. It was strange that he had so quickly become a fixture of their lives. It wasn't that she would miss having to share her tent. Simply that she would miss seeing him, bent by the fire cooking, or running after Rair, Enui, or Gharla like a doting pet.

With a long sigh she took his hand and held it tightly. He looked down at her curiously and she gave him a weary smile.

"I will miss you brother," she said earnestly.

"It is not like we will never see each other again," Rell said squeezing her hand back. "But, I too will miss you sister."

She smiled and threw an arm around his shoulder.

"Alright, now let us go back to my tent. You're going to fetch my buckets, fill them with water, and carry them back."

"Is that for strength training?"

"No. I just need water."
_________________________________________________

"Scallen...Scallen! Scallen!"

His eyes snapped open as he heard the sound of his name being called. Frowning he uncurled from his comfortable nest.

"Scallen...Scallen!"

The green eyed basilisk frowned, or he would have had he lips at the moment.

Yes, something was calling him.

He hissed as he transformed into his humanoid form and slid towards the sound. As he slipped through his tunnels he eventually found one that appeared to be directly below the call.

He licked his tongue out. The weather was decent enough, as for the species of the creature, he was unsure. The air had no taste of the living or dead. Something or someone was tampering with his senses.

"Scallen!"

Rolling his eyes he lifted up out of the earth. Very little could contest against a basilisk. To his amusement he found himself under the Reverence tree. The last time he had been there was to tease delicious Zyra out of it. He sniffed as his green eyes scanned the area.

Nothing, he saw nothing.

He hissed in annoyance. A foul trick then? To disturb him out into the open? For what purpose?

"Scallen."

He turned sharply to apprehend the assailant when the sight made his blood freeze. Scallen gasped, unable to understand what it was he was seeing.

"ssZ...Zatannya," he breathed.

"Scallen."

The breathtaking woman walked towards him and he took a step back, his eyes filling with tears. Her long brown hair curled around her in soft curls. Her skin was rosy with life, but most important, most alluring, were her eyes. That vibrant vision of green that matched his, that matched the current keromedio, looked up at him with love.

"Scallen," she declared in relief.

She grinned at him brightly. "I was looking for you everywhere."

Zatannya lifted her hand up and showed that she had a basket filled with his favorite fruit.

"We can share them," she cooed waltzing up to him.

He bit his cheek and the pain made the tears receded. The woman whom he had loved pressed her cold cheek against his chest.

"I love you so much Scallen," she said warmly.

Scallen shook in response.

"No...no."

He closed his eyes and felt the presence recede.

When he opened his eyes, Zatannya was walking out from the shadows, watching him with concern.

"My love what is wrong?"

He looked at the figure with pure hatred.

"Why? Why have you done thissssss?" he asked softly.

"Done what—"

"Do not lie to me!" he growled viciously, his mouth filling up with deadly venom.

Zatannya's face pouted. With a twirl she was gone, in her place was the witch Etaceh.

"Scallen!" Etaceh tittered happily. "It's been quite a while. Eat anything appetizing lately?"

Scallen spat out a mouthful of venom and watched the spot on the grass sizzle and die with some measure of contentment.

"Oh...you mean, like your keromedio? I found it interessssting that you thought I would rut with hhher like a mindlesssss beasssst. sssSurely you've forgotten who I am."

Etaceh giggled girlishly in response.

"Well you can't blame an old friend for trying to hook you up. But Scallen,sweetie. You and me, we go back. I don't believe that you left her completely alone. Did you Scallen?"

She walked up to him, curling around him in a way that mimicked his reptilian nature.

"Lovely thing like her. You didn't sample her? Not even...a taste?"

Scallen smirked in response.

"Like I ssssaid, I'm not a mindlesssss beasssst. But all men can be beastsss, especially when women are consss...cerned. Right Etaceh?"

He licked his tongue out and tasted the air.

"I taste Caligula on your ssskin. How isss the old man? ssStill treating you like hiss whore?"

"You watch your tongue," Etaceh spat viciously.

Scallen smirked wider, glad he was able to at the very least get under her skin.

"What isss it like to have all that power, and ssstill nothing to ssshow for it?"

Etaceh looked at him in disbelief before her face exploded in mirth.

"Ha! You tell me! You had everything once upon a time. Power, riches, even love. Tragic isn't it? You even had these."

Scallen stiffened as Etaceh opened her palm, revealing the clear globe in her hand. Dark purple magic clouded around it, and Scallen swallowed as Zatannya reappeared.

"Scallen." She grinned at him brightly. "I was looking for you everywhere."

"ssStop," he demanded to Etaceh. H

e tried to tear his eyes away from Zatannya, but he could not.

She showed him the fruit basket.

"We can share them."

"Etaceh ssstop."

"I love—"

"ssSTOP," he snarled.

Etaceh cupped her hand and the image went back into the globe.

"Why do you do thissss?" he barked.

"To remind you of your place," Etaceh said, licking her blood red lips. "You forgot yourself basilisk."

"You are sssick," Scallen spat. "You are sssick to ssstill have that in your possession!"

"Do you want it?"

"What?"

Etaceh strode forward, her black robe flowing behind her delicately. Her hand outstretched the glass globe in its center.

"Do you want her remembral?"

Scallen's fingers itched to snatch it out of her hand, but he didn't even look at it. Instead he drilled his eyes onto the witch.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to take it," Etaceh declared silkily. "I want you to take this remembral. I want you to take this frozen fracture in time from my late Zatannya's life."

"sShe wass mine."

"She was yours," Etaceh corrected. "And in the end, she was mine. They're all mine. Take it."

She placed the heavy globe into his hand.

"Don't worry. I have many more. I can even pick something out if you like, more significant than this snippet. The moment where you first made love? That's one of my favorites. I didn't know you were so virile. Well, then again you are a basilisk. Or the first time she said, "I love you." Really romantic thing wasn't she? You remember the rose petals? What do you think Scallen?"

"I think...not even the Maker himself could ssave your twissssted ssssoul."

"Oh ho, so serious darling? Like the Old Ones used to say. Take a chill pill."

Her smile turned deadly and her hand lashed out and knocked the remembral from his hand. Before he could react, the globe ensconcing that precious memory, was broken. He could not stop himself from kneeling and watching the white swirl shimmer with her face for mere moments before disappearing again. Gosh if that wasn't like losing her again.

"Scallen," Etaceh cooed, touching a finger under his chin. "Chin up."

He grabbed her finger, crushing it in his hand. He stood, pulling her into him. He could kill her for that, for everything.

"Do you dare?" Etaceh chuckled, the fingers in her hand bruised, if the bones were not broken.

"I'll get you another old friend. Was it not you who asked me to capture and make them?"

"Destroy them," he demanded. "Destroy them all. That wasss a different time."

"You can destroy them when I give them to you," Etaceh jibed, pulling her hand away. "If you can."

She huffed, turning her hand over. He had broken bones. She remembered that the last time he had done so. He was holding her hand for comfort and it was an accidental casualty. With a wave of her other hand, everything was in its right place.

Good as new.

She smiled brightly. "I'll give them to you on nights like tonight. When you need to be reminded of true power. You might have knowledge and age like us basilisk, but your power is nothing like ours. Do not interfere sweetie."

"ssSo you're making your move," Scallen hissed. "You want to make sssure I ssstand idly by!"

"Don't forget Scallen. We were friends once. Do not get involved," Etaceh warned him.

He scoffed. For a moment she sounded genuine. Then she grinned goofily.

"But if you do, I will remind you my sweet."

Scallen spat out another mouth of venom, this gob sizzling at her feet.

"One day," he vowed. "I will have my revenge Etaceh."

Etaceh chuckled as she sunk into the darkness.

"I know old friend, but today is not that day."

Scallen eyed her evilly, remembering a vital fact. "And Etaceh?"

"Yes?"

"Do not forget. You sssummoned me into the valley to kill the hhumansss...you owe me...a favor."

Etaceh halted, all mirth gone from her face.

He smiled. "Did you forget? Or were you hoping...I would forget?"

"Shall I slit my wrists for you?" she said as lightly as possible.

"I have sssomething more painful in mind."

Watching him Etaceh left seething, unsure if she had accomplished what she came for. This is why basilisks were so irritating. They were powerful and they could not be intimidated.

When she left he jumped down into his dark tunnel. Stumbling he tried to transform back into his snake but he couldn't concentrate. This form was able to feel everything and so, he felt.

Scallen shouted loudly, bitterly into the echoing cave, surrounded on all sides by misery.

Falling onto his knees, he put his face into his hands, and he wept.
________________________________________________

When Zyra went to Kyzu's tent, her sister was startled at her appearance. She had been pointedly avoiding her place.

"Are you alright?" Kyzu thought curiously.

"Fine," Zyra said, giving her a smile. "You?"

Kyzu nodded. Then they talked.

It was an enjoyable exchange, one they hadn't had for a long time. At the end, Kyzu said she had one more surprise for her.

"You didn't think I had forgotten did you?" she asked teasingly.

Smiling Kyzu produced a dress.

"I said I had made you something for the celebration did I not?"

Zyra took the fabric into her hands. It was a crimson red dress with green embroidered vines on the bottom hem. It had been made in a traditional style, floor length with slits on both sides that would show when one walked. The top portion had long flowing sleeves, and the top was cut to accent her cleavage. Overall it was a very lovely, very uncomfortable, very seductive choice; perfect for the celebration.

"Kyzu...its..."

"You know Zyra," Kyzu interrupted. "I have always secretly thought of you as a wild rose. Your wild prettiness was always a source of envy with me, but no longer. I want you to look and feel your best always."

Coming closer she put a hand on her sister's shoulder.

"I will not insist you wearing this dress, but if you do, consider it a secret pact between us. A joke that we can share."

Zyra nodded, looking down at the dress.

"Thank you. I will consider it earnestly."

Kyzu nodded. It was all she could ask.

Silently Zyra departed, wondering if it would be so bad to wear the dress. Her sister was trying. She should have faith in her.

Walking back to her tent she placed her dress back inside and turned to walk straight into Henna. Before the girl could fall, she grabbed her wrist and pulled her back up.

"Yes?" Zyra asked frowning. Whatever she wanted had to be bad news.

"I didn't mean to disturb you," Henna said in her classically grumpy fashion, "...but I have been sent by Nima to fetch you."

"Nima?"

"Yes."

Zyra smiled as she thought of how the girl must be fussing. She and all of the younger children, boys and girls, were together under the care of the elders. During these times, Nima was prone to whining for her and Kyzu.

"Take me to her."

Henna nodded and led her away, hiding the smile on her face.
_________________________________________________
"Nima!"

Henna saw the little girl pressing something in the ground. When she saw her, her brown eyes filled with guilt. Henna's brow furrowed.

"What are you..."

A little boy reared up, his face brown with dust and dirt, crying he ran off. Henna's eyes widened. Nima had been holding his face to the ground.

"Ni..."

"Auntie said I could!"

The girl's outburst made her jump. She was still not used to her speaking.

"What?"

Nima stood, dusting her dirty hands off on her white and blue dress. Her chin jutted out proudly.

"Auntie Zyra said that if a boy tried to lift up my dress I should press his face to the ground! As...an example to the others of what happens when they test me."

Henna was at a loss of words. "Do...do you even know what testing you means?"

"No! But-but Auntie Zyra was very clear!"

Henna snickered. She bet that Zyra was. She bent down to the brute in training and lifted her arms out to her. "Come here Nima."

Happily Nima accepted the arms that wished to pick her up. Henna took her back toward the camp beyond the supervision of the elders and sat her in a field of sunflowers. Sitting her on a log she rummaged through her bag to find what she needed.

"Why are we here?" Nima asked curiously. She knew Henna was a hunteress, and Zyra told her that huntresses could be trusted.

"Do you miss your auntie?" Henna asked, pulling out a water flask.

"Yes!" Nima shouted.

Henna recoiled. Did she have to scream everything?

"Well, she told me she misses you too."

Opening the flask she poured in a few drops of the first potion. Then she closed the flask and began to shake it up.

"So I decided it would be good if you saw each other."

"But I'll get in trouble," Nima stated pouting. "Mommy said no kids at the celebration. She visits me, but Zyra can't she said."