Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Zyra walked, then jogged, then raced through the forest as the signs became easier and easier for her to detect. Perhaps she wasn't following River, but she was following someone. Or something. She jumped over a fallen tree and almost into the startled body that had failed to hear her.

"My lady! The red-headed centaur took a few steps to steady himself, his hand poised to pluck off a handful of berries.

"My apologies Galien," Zyra said kindly. She looked around him, wondered if his skittishness had corrupted her trail. He stood awkwardly observing her, waiting for her to strike up conversation. It became painfully clear within a matter of seconds that she would not.

"So my liege..."

She took a step forward. Maybe it was that fallen branch, or those trampled flowers...but she could see the hoof marks on them. But had that always been there, or just occurred? Damn, she should have known it would not be easy.

"Yes Galien?"

"Would it be out of turn to ask why you've ventured so close to the Nengen tribelands?"

"I'm looking for someone."

"Oh?"

Galien noted her diverted gaze and how she walked lazily towards some flowers. So the keromedio was in fact a romantic! Galien ran a hand over his hair to tuck in his strays and wiped the berry juice off his face with the back of his hand, then his hand onto his back. Eagerly he cantered up beside her. Zyra watched the young colt's face lit up with hope.

Splendid.

"It is bad manners that this person keeps you waiting."

"I don't think they expected to see me again to be perfectly honest."

"As opposed to partially honest?"

"As opposed to lying."

Galien laughed, a funny girl, she was strong, and funny. He galloped in front of her and she stopped and crossed her arms. "Can I help you?"

"I'm merely curious," he said smiling. "This someone you hoped to see. Did you find him?"

She shook her head. "Unfortunately, no. But that's the downside of looking for a green ogre in a green forest."

Galien brayed in dismay, tossing his human head back in a jerky nod. Of course, he had been foolish. And yet his matelessness would be the end of him. He liked this dyrad...no, human, and he figured that should be enough to court her at very least.

"I envy my cousin, fair lady," he said, presenting himself by circling about her. She would see the rich fullness of his mane and the strength in his muscles. A strong boy or a beautiful haired boy would entice a short-lived human. "Surely any man you chose to track down must be formidable. Do you intend to mate him?"

"Why would you say that?"

"I mean, you hunt him down, do you not?"

"Well yes but..." She tilted her head wondering how he could go from tracking to...right, Kail had explained it to her when he gave her the mark. The chase was a type of permission to mate, and the victim being carried off was expected to accept. And the magical beings had called humans barbaric. Consent was such a precious thing. The nymphs, ogres, centaurs lacked...humanity.

"Human mating does not work like that," she said stiffly. "I have been tasked to find him."

"Would you care for my assistance?" Galien tossed his fiery knotted locks behind himself and knelt so she could mount. "It would be much quicker if I escorted you."

She smirked and took a preparation step back.

"Why do I have the feeling that if I climb on you you're going to carry me away?

"Because he will."

Zyra turned and saw Gray Son approaching, unsurprised by his presence. She had heard him breathing behind a tree. Unlike ogres, centaurs were not soundless. In truth they didn't need to be, their prey could hear them and still it would make no difference. They were fast.

Zyra tilted her head in respect. "Gray Son, I believe?"

The bronzed centaur smirked. "I see you have not forgotten our brief encounter."

"I see you are still part horse and therefore, unforgettable."

The centaur chuckled, a deep rumbling sound. He turned to Galien whose face lost its pallor.

"Galien!"

"Yes?"

"Depart."

"But—"

"I said...Depart."

Galien stood up and forced a smile on his face. He elegantly bowed and took Zyra's hand pressing it to his lips. "Until next time, beautiful keromedio."

Zyra nodded her head and the centaur darted into the forest. Gray Son snickered and strode forward, shoulders back, hands interwoven behind him.

"So, what does bring you into our forest keromedio?"

"I seek an ogre named River, son of Meela, brother of..."

"Kail the Exile?"

Zyra stiffed. "Is that what you call him?"

Gray Son smiled. "Is that not what you call him keromedio?"

"This ogre," she said, ignoring Gray Son's question. "River, a youth. Have you seen him?"

"At what hour did he disappear?"

"His caretaker knows not when he departed."

"Her name?"

"Mourabet."

"Oh. The firespitta."

That sounded like an insult. "What?"

Gray Son shook his head. "Do not worry about our...phrasing. They are unique to our kinkind. I believe it in your best interest to return to a less dense portion of the land. You are not unwelcome here, but as you have seen..." he gestured to when Galien had been, "the matelessness is affecting their judgement."

"Well I cannot be claimed," Zyra declared. "And I can take care of myself."

"Why, because of the Mark?"

"You...can see it?"

"Of course."

He circled about her in a similar way to Galien and she tried to recall if May Son had said if Gray Son was a mated centaur. "We children of the land, basilisks, ogres, centaurs can see it easily, but while it stakes a claim it is a weak one. The Mark is faint so your beloved is not here, so it must be the Exile. Furthermore it is incomplete. It will not protect you from wandering eyes. To think so your beloved must be arrogant."

She would have defended Kail, but this entire business was beyond her. She succeeded in an aloof stature. "So what if it is incomplete. When I return I will complete it, and we will live our lives in the safety of the human lands."

"And your kind would accept a brown and green child so openly?"

"A girl? Yes. A boy would be complicated. My sister Firetoucher...she...what are you doing?"

As he slowly made his circle, flexing as he did so, she frowned. "Why do you do that?"

The centaur raised an eyebrow. "Do what, my lady?"

"This! Circling, the strutting, the spectacle you're putting on. I have seen it from your people on three separate occasions and I know not why."

Gray Son laughed. "I had hoped to be more subtle than an upstart colt, but perhaps my timing was too telling. I am presenting myself to you, that you might see I am without deformity and pleasing to the eye."

"Why would that matter?"

"It could matter." The centaur paused in front of her. He was much bigger than she realized. "I am courting you. Before the chase of course. You know not how long you will stay with us keromedio. Do you intend to live your life alone?"

"I'll be returning to my village shortly," she said curtly.

"Is that what you think?" the horse man tisked. "Then I feel sorry for you."

"I'll be talking my leave."

"It will be a waste," he continued. "You are a fine woman, brave and strong. A touch uncivilized, but you can be taught."

"Hey!"

"And it will take time to mend your heart. Shyla knows what it takes to break it. You could be made of stone."

Zyra growled, her eyes narrowing. "How dare you insinuate what you don't know! Kail loves me, I know he does. And my heart is not—"

"Save it. You know the truth." Zyra visibly recoiled at his words and his cold face melted when he looked at her. He coughed. "But that is my assumption, my liege."

He changed his gait to a more casual one, and seeing her irate face, gave her some space.

"Entertain this ideal if you must, but whether you choose Galien, or choose to live in your forest I fear either way I might be at a disadvantage," he said calmly. "As far as I have heard, you have a preference for green."

"Excuse me?"

How much did this four-legged muckash know?

"And from whence does this omnipotent source come?"

Gray Son brayed his brown curls tossing.

"I would hardly like to be involved with a murder."

"Then don't answer me and see what happens."

"Oo...fiesty. Are you sure you don't feel in the mood for a brisk sprint?"

"Positive, and your reluctance to get involved directly contradicts your desire to be involved with me," she said dryly. She wondered if May Son's boast about centaurian manners was more conjecture than fact.

"You talk about it in such plain terms without your brother about to keep your manners present. I don't understand why you creatures abuse me, but I have had enough for the day."

Zyra turned and ran back to where she had come. She was about to sigh in relief when she heard heavy hooves crash and Gray Son began running beside her.

"How so? Tell me of your abuses sweet lady. "

"You mock me."

"No! I am sincere."

Zyra scoffed. "You make a mockery of my feelings for amusement."

"Me in particular?"

"Everyone. You insult with false and selfish advances, and call my rebuttals unkind."

"Everyone wants something. Is pursuing it selfish? You are exotic and powerful," he said. "Of course there will be suitors, even if their promises are empty. You are at least guaranteed a bed partner. You must be bored with the witch by now."

Zyra stopped so suddenly she would have fallen on her face had Gray Son not caught her by the waist.

"Are you alright?"

She grabbed him by his hair and pulled him down to her eye level. His lower half sat to compensate, but he looked more aroused than offended.

"I want to know how you know these things. Now."

"Have you ever met a Selkie named Nymare? She like all the Aquatics was blessed with ability. Hers is to change shape."

"I am aware."

"Then are you aware of her pool?"

"What pool?"

"Well...let go of my hair, and I shall tell you."

Zyra let him go immediately. Damn, her temper had once again gotten the best of her. "Apologies. Tell me about this pool."

Gray Son combed a hand dramatically through his hair and tighten his abdominal muscles, arching back with a sigh. "If only I could dear woman, but I am gravelly injured. My head, my mind, my recollection! Surely you must do more than that to right your wrongs. I have just the activity to get back into my good graces-ow! How about I get in your good graces-Agh! Maker be you're strong. Gah!"

She grabbed his hair again and again, silently delighted when he cried out.

"It takes very little to get out of mine so I suggest you tell me how you know this before I tell your brother about your rudeness and flagrant perversity."

"Tattletale."

"I do not tattletale! You are tattletale!"

"Do you even know what that means—ow! Her pool! It is like the basin of the witches. It shows all of the events in the valley, even inside the Marble Tree. She can see everything, and she's a gossip."

Zyra released him, and he pulled back from her holding his head in pain.

"That really hurt woman. You are a woman right?"

She ignored his insults, a cold dread filling her. "So...you and others...know of my relations."

He snorted. "Two. Nothing to be ashamed or proud of."

"Why would you know such things?"

"We're curious," he admitted. "The centaurs, the braver, younger ogres, the nymphs don't particularly care but they visit her and spy. We are curious about who you really are. And, excited that you are attracted to a nonhuman. It creates a...range, of possibilities."

Zyra spat on the ground, mortified by the entire ordeal and began to scream. "Present yourself all you want, in any manner you want. I have a task and when it is completed, you shall never see me again! Any of you!"

She panted, her nostrils flared and her eyes murderous.

Gray Son grinned. "Come visit me sometime. I'll explain to you the mechanics of mating here, even if you don't intend to. Perhaps the knowledge of our cultural practices will ease your mind, bring you understanding, and perhaps our understanding of you will allow us to cease our offense."

"No."

"Suit yourself." He gave a graceful bow and Zyra felt herself impressed by his fluidity in what to her was a bulky body. "The pool of Nymare is that way. Follow the yellow flowers. It is a path she uses to lure the youthful. She lures children, but she never kills them. Either way, perhaps you could ask her where the ogre is. She no doubt can see him."

"Thank you."

Gray Son smiled. "Have I earned any favor with my good deed?"

Zyra shook her head and headed into the forest.

****

"Kail...Kail!"

River looked out onto the human land. It had been too long since he had last laid eyes upon his brother. He had placed him in a dark, deep corner of his mind and left his memory for dead. It was better than the reality. Instead, he found that his brother had not only survived, but he had flourished. Surely he could be contacted then, with one of the women he had seduced. Surely his brother could be spoken to.

"Kail!"

Out in the distance he saw a slight red-headed woman holding a parcel tight to her chest. She moved gingerly as though afraid to make sound. He looked at the invisible line that separate the valley from the tribeland. If he crossed they would know. Meela used to tell his scary stories about what happened to boys who crossed the border, and how the humans used fires to boil their skin and eat it. Needless to say Meela had raised both her young successfully with no fear of him wandering to never be seen by her again. At least, back when she could see.

"KAIL!"

The woman snapped and for the first time saw him. She pulled the parcel in tighter in response.

"Hey! Human woman, come here."

She took one step and darted off into the forest. River would have been furious if he had not been impressed.

"She's quick," he mumbled. "For a human." Now what could he do? Mourabet was no doubt tearing up the valley trying to find him. There would on doubt be...

"Are you River?"

He jumped and turned face to face with a nymph. It was a female. He gulped. Mourabet had forbidden him from nearing their lands, but they were one of the first lines of defense against intruders, driven mad by their own secret desires sent by Ny, to wetten them with their water magic. He bit his tongue. No, do not fall for it.

"I am. Why do you ask?"

"You are being searched for," she said smiling. She wrapped her arms around him and he felt her cold nipples press through his shirt. "I'm so glad we found you. How old are you dear boy?"

"In whose years?"

"Do you know nymph years?" She whispered in his ear.

"N-no."

"Then in your years."

"Ni-nineteen."

"Splendid. Well now that I've found you, I'm going to take my reward."

"What?"

The beautiful creature tossed long tendrils of green with flowers blooming in them over her shoulder, assaulting his senses with the aroma of flowers and earth. He felt his manhood rise immediately.

"The one Friend Scallen promised. He said you would be easy."

"Easy? I-I don't underst—hey! Don't touch there!"

The nymph giggled and suddenly she was not alone. River found himself surrounded by bodies, male and female who looked upon him with lust and mischief.

"He said if we found you we could play with you until he came to get you. As punishment for running off. So long as you gave the invitation."

"What invitation. I didn't give..." his words died when he felt a warm hand encase his manhood. Startled he yelped when hands pulled down his trousers and the tree's vines wrapped around his arms and pulled them up and taut.

"My name is Kalia," she said in a smooth sultry voice. He looked at her curvy, smooth body. She was so...the hand on his cock became a mouth, and thoughts were unnecessary. A finger probed at his butt, Kalia kissed him and began to finger a nipple.

He became suspended into the air and his mother's warnings came to him. He was a bad boy, he had gone to the border, but though he had not crossed and his captors were not human, River found himself being eaten.

*****

Firetoucher ran from the ogre that she saw at the border. She had been seen. She had been so careful to avoid the Ursies and her own people though it had hurt her. She missed the Rovians, and she knew the law, but she would not give him up. Her son was hers. She loved him more than she had ever loved anything, and she would not give him up to an Ursie savage who wanted him for power. She looked down on her light brown baby and his dark eyes, but he had her eyes, her nose, and her heart.

"Do not worry my love. I won't let them take you."

She ran again, farther into the Wakai tribe land. Firetoucher didn't want to make that mistake again. The valley was not a place for a human let alone a baby. As she wandered she stumbled upon a hut. Sneaking up to it she looked inside and saw it was barren.

"Abandoned?"

Cautiously she walked up to the door and peered in. On the floor she saw nothing there but what appeared to be a Rovian fur. She walked up to the fur and took a deep breath. It smelled of home.

What Rovian would be all the way around here?

She placed her baby on the fur and closed the door. She was tired, she could eat later. Her baby, could eat now.

Firetoucher revealed her breast and presented it to her baby. He suckled from her and she felt at peace. She would stay here just for the night. Her son fell asleep at her breast. She pulled him to her and fell into a fitful dream.

*****

**Notes**

I loved your guesses on who she saw. It could have been Rell, but been there done that. Ginger was a close guess. In the first draft it was her, but plot wise it didn't work. She needed a longer training montage. They're Rovians! They don't half-ass anything.

I've already written chapter 30, so expect it sooner than later.

Love always,

Stubborn Dreamer

12