Oil and Water

Story Info
A story in ancient Egyptian times.
6k words
3.19
33.6k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse the Historical inaccuracies. This is a work of Fiction and not meant to be true by any means.

*

In the age of the Pharaoh's, Queen Cleopatra had just come in to power and she had servants and maids to serve her hand and foot. One maiden was named Isis, after the goddess of fertility. She was in charge of all the cats Cleopatra had owned. She wore little make up, that was reserved for the Pharaohs family and not servants. Cleopatra's brother, Imhotep was in charge of the male slaves and they made the pyramids.

Imhotep had dogs to help keep the slaves in line. One male servant, Cheops, was in charge of the dogs and keeping them fed so they would be at their best if a slave got out of line. He liked training the dogs. He liked the dogs better than the cats. He thought the dogs were better at helping the Pharaohs then silly cats were.

The male and female servants were separated. They never got to see one another. They ate and slept separately and barely saw one another. Until one fateful day. Cheops was waiting to give a message to the Queen when Isis came out to see what he wanted. He was smitten immediately. She was intrigued by him. She rarely saw a man in the house. Just the Queens brother and father, not any of the male slaves.

"I am Isis, Cleopatra's head master of all the felines. Is there something you wish of the Queen?" She asked curiously.

"I am Cheops. I am to give The Queen a message from her brother regarding the slaves." He responded.

"Very well. I will inform the Queen of your request. Please stay here." She said and left.

"I think I'm in love." He said under his breath. In a few moments, Isis came back with the Queen and she sat on her throne. He knelt before Cleopatra.

"Speak." Cleopatra said. Isis got a fan and fanned Cleopatra.

"My Queen, I Have a message from Imhotep, He needs more slaves for the pyramids. The men we have now are too weak, and they die in a matter of days. There are not enough to finish the first pyramid." He said.

"What does he expect me to do about it?" Cleopatra asked angrily.

"With your womanly charms, he thought you could go to Syria and have the men from there come to work for us. His words My Queen." Cheops said. Isis was looking at him while she was fanning Cleopatra.

"I am Ruler of ALL Egypt! How dare he think he can order me around!" Cleopatra said defiantly. Isis waved the fan faster.

"A thousand pardons My Queen. I was just relaying the message." Cheops said. He bowed low.

"Rise servant." She said, He raised his head. "Tell my brother I will weigh the options and will send a reply to him as soon as I am ready." Cleopatra said. Cheops bowed again.

"Yes, my Queen." He said and left. Cleopatra and Isis looked at him as he left. Cleopatra reclined back on her throne. Cleopatra gazed at Isis.

"You have never seen another man before?" Cleopatra asked curiously. Isis stopped waving the fan, and was shocked at the question.

"Just your brothers, My Queen. To fornicate with the royal house is punishable by death." She said. Cleopatra smiled.

"Yes it is, But do you like that servant?" Cleopatra asked curiously.

"He intrigues me. And no I have never seen another man besides your family. I feel something inside..... he piqued my curiosity." Isis said.

"Yes, He felt the same about you too. How would you like to spend some time with him?" Cleopatra asked.

"No! I mean, I Have never been with a man, I like being head of the cats, they like me more than any man ever has. My parents were killed when I was very young. I don't remember them, all I remember is being with cats. That's why they like me so much. I can identify with them. I can understand them better than men sometimes." Isis said

"You will have to be with a man. To get married and raise a family. That is the way things work." Cleopatra said.

"I doubt any man would want to be with me, I'm too unusual." She said.

"I saw in his eyes. He was interested in you, Maybe you should think about it before you go. He is the head master of Imhotep's dogs. I don't think that a cat master and a dog master would be a good couple." Cleopatra said,

"I like dogs. I have just been around cats more. I think animals like me more anyway. I'm not threatening to them." Isis said.

"He doesn't think you are threatening. Quite the opposite. I think he is very much interested in you." Cleopatra said.

"I don't know what to do with a man. I have been with cats most of my life." Isis said.

"I will give you a few lessons. You can practice on another male servant, if you wish." Cleopatra said.

"I'd be too nervous. I mean, to force someone to like me is different than for someone to like me. I appreciate the offer, My Queen." Isis said. haltingly.

"All right, no male servant, but I will give you some finer points of being with a man." Cleopatra said. she got up and started to leave, She turned around to Isis. "Well? Are you coming or not?" She asked annoyed.

"Yes, My Queen." Isis answered and followed Cleopatra to her bed chambers.

In Imhotep's office, Cheops's has returned and has given Imhotep Cleopatra's message. Imhotep was annoyed but calmed down after a few moments.

"At least she is thinking about it. Only SHE can bring more men in to the kingdom and help us build these great pyramids I have planned. Many moons pass and still we are no closer to finishing the task. If she doesn't I will have to use the servants here. And I would hate to do that." Imhotep said. Cheops stared off into space, thinking about Isis. "Cheops? You would rather make pyramids than protect them with my dogs?" Inhotep asked curiously. Cheops finally came out of his trance.

"No, My Lord. I was just thinking of a beautiful woman I saw, I want to see her again." Cheops said. "My sister is not good for you. Keep well away from her. She will break your heart." Imhotep said.

"No. Not the Queen. One of the female servants. I think she said she was head master of the cats." Cheops said.

"Ahhh! The orphan we found a few years ago. She was sleeping with cats and the cats liked her, so my sister made her head of all the cats. I have never seen anyone with such an ability for animals. Outside of you of course." Imhotep said. Cheops smiled.

"I was smitten when I saw her. I never saw anyone else like her. She has piqued my interest. I just don't know if it is the same with her." Cheops said.

"I can find out, if you want me to. But I hope this will not interfere with your duties here. I need my dogs on full attention and obey my commands if any of the slaves get out of line. Understand?" Imhotep said.

"Yes, My Lord." Cheops replied.

Back in Cleopatra's bed chambers. She and Isis are on her bed talking. There are 2 more female servants scurrying around doing Cleopatra's bidding. One is mixing colours for eye make up and rouge.

"I have never worn the eye colour, I thought that was just reserved for you and the women in your family. Lowly servants don't wear things like that." Isis said.

"You were named after the Goddess of Fertility. You must live up to your namesake. Isis is one of our favoured Goddesses. She brings forth a plentiful harvest and many babies. We need to keep our bloodline going, We must never cease to exist. It is our destiny." Cleopatra said.

"Yes, My Queen." Isis answered. One of the other servants brought over what she had finished mixing and started to put it on Isis. Cleopatra stopped her and grabbed the dish.

"I will do this myself!" Cleopatra said.

"Yes, My Queen." The female servant said and backed away.

Cleopatra put the make up on Isis. Blue eye shadow and the dark liner surrounding her eyes. She put on a light cover of the red rouge and red on Isis's lips. Cleopatra sat back and looked at her handiwork.

"Magnificent!" Cleopatra said, And got a reflective tray so Isis could see what she looked like. She held it up to her. "Well? What do you think?" Cleopatra asked.

Isis's image was a bit distorted but, what she could see, she liked.

"This is a first for me My Queen. I never thought I would be able to wear face paint. I like it very much." Isis said. Cleopatra smiled.

"Good! Then it is settled! Come with me Isis. We shall see my brother and we will take a trip to Syria." Cleopatra said and they left to Imhotep's office.

In Imhotep's office, he and Cheops are still discussing Isis when they hear a knock on the door, Cheops goes over and opens the door. He is stunned to see Isis in make up, and, then notices Cleopatra.

"My Queen, What a surprise to see you! Come in." Cheops said, and got out of the way for Cleopatra to enter.

"Yes, Dear Sister. WHAT a surprise to see you. You don't often make personal appearances. Unless it has some benefit of yours." Imhotep said.

"What a wonderful sense of humour you have Dear Brother. I decided to give you my answer in person and not by a servant, so that you know it was actually me who said it. I will go to Syria, but I have a few conditions." Cleopatra said.

"As usual, Dear Sister. And what are they?" He asked curiously.

"First, I want YOU to come with me. I know your underlings can handle it for a few days. Second, I also want HIM to come." She said and pointed to Cheops. "My servant Isis will also accompany us." She said, Cheops was stunned.

"Are you sure my Queen? I don't know anything about Slaves. Just dogs." Cheops said.

"Same thing, in most cases, Cheops." Cleopatra said. Cheops thought better and said nothing. "Yes, My Queen." Cheops answered.

"When do we leave Dear Sister?" Imhotep asked.

"When the sun is at it's apogee. We will pack what we need and I expect you to do the same." Cleopatra said.

"Of course, Dear Sister. We will be ready." Imhotep said.

"Don't be late." Cleopatra said and she and Isis left. Cheops was still looking at Isis when she left.

"Cleopatra made her look that way, as a way of impressing you. She does look nice with the face paint but a little too much. Don't you think?" Imhotep asked.

"I think it enhanced the beauty she already has. But I do prefer her to not wear face paint." Cheops said. Imhotep smiled.

"You are a born politician. You will make a good ruler one day." Imhotep said.

"Me? A ruler? I doubt that, My Lord." Cheops said.

"Time will tell." Imhotep said. "Come on, We must get ready for my sisters return. She HATES to be kept waiting!" Imhotep said. Cheops smiled, and they went to pack a few things for their trip.

In the Caravan, Cleopatra and Imhotep are riding in a covered shed being carried by four slaves. Isis and Cheops are in another right behind them. There are several camels bearing the load of the possessions and making their way slowly to Syria.

"I expect it will take a few days to reach Syria." Imhotep said. "More than enough time for Cheops and Isis to get to know one another. But I know your intentions Dear Sister. And I approve. Cheops is smitten with Isis. I don't know if she feels the same way towards him. But I suppose that is what this little excursion is all about." Imhotep said with a smile.

"You know me too well Dear Brother. Yes, she is. She had never been with a man and I Gave her some pointers on what to do." Cleopatra said. Imhotep rolled his eyes.

"For her sake, I hope she doesn't listen." He said. She looked at him in surprise. "Dear Sister, with your success with men, I don't think she would want that with her first love. You are strong and opinionated. Something that most men do not want from their women. This is a mans world, the few women rulers there were, never lasted that long." Imhotep said.

"I WILL prove you wrong Dear Brother. I will be the best known and best loved Queen in EVERY land!" She said.

"Of course you will Sister." Imhotep said and they rode in silence to their first rest stop of the night, The other servants made camp and Isis made dinner for Cleopatra and Imhotep and a small dinner for her and Cheops.

"I hope you like what I prepared, I'm not used to cooking for more than myself." Isis said. Cheops looked at her and smiled.

"I'm sure I will love it. Anything that comes from you will be marvelous." He said. She smiled and handed him a plate of food. He tasted it. "Very good. This is certainly better than what we usually get. You will make someone a good wife one day." He said.

"I have been on my own all my life. I have never known any man to want to be with me. My cats are my only solace." Isis said.

"I feel the same way about my dogs. I feel closer to them than to anyone else. I feel I can tell them things that no one else would ever want to listen to me." He said.

"Yes! Exactly! I guess we are kindred spirits. I really never thought I could meet anyone like me. Scary huh?" She said with a smile.

"No. I think its wonderful. The first time I saw you, you took my breath away. I wondered if you could ever want to love a man like me. I think we were chosen to come to see if we could get to know one another and see if we do like one another and are compatible. I think we are. Don't you?" He said.

She stared at him for along time. She wasn't sure if she gave her heart, that he wouldn't step all over it, and throw her away like a lot of men did. She looked into his eyes, She tried to see what was true in his heart. He caressed her face as if he knew what she was thinking.

"I will NEVER betray you. I will love you until we are gone from this world and into the next and many more after that. I will always be by your side. No other woman has taken my heart and given me hope. Only you have set my heart afire and given me what I was missing for so long." He said.

"And what is that?" She asked curiously.

"Love. I know I have never felt this way before and will never feel this way again with anyone else. YOU are the one I want and the one that I will forever love." He said.

She was stunned by his words. She never knew anyone would feel that way about her. She saw other servants use each other for their own gain but she wasn't that way. She wanted someone to love her and her to love someone unconditionally. She wasn't sure if he was the one. She supposed that she would have to find out during this trip. He got down on his knees.

"I make this pledge to you. I will never want anyone else. I will always love you no matter what. But I will not pressure you. I am not like those other men who use women and throw them away. I feel that once I fall in love, I will never be in love with anyone else. That is my solemn vow to you. I will try my best to make you see that I will never leave you." He said. She looked at him and caressed his face.

"I will give you a chance since you are giving me a chance. I thought my cats would be my life but now I see you are going to be right there with me. I don't mind you working with the dogs. I like them as well and I don't know if they like me but I think I get along with most animals." She said.

"I don't know of anyone that wouldn't like you. You just need to come out of your shell and let people see the real you." He suggested.

"Maybe, But I'm not sure how. I have been alone and taking care of the cats for most of my life. It's not easy for me to be around people." She said.

"Me either. Maybe, as a couple, we both can come out of our shells and make new friends. Just a thought." He said.

"All right. I have never been part of a couple before. I'm sorry if I make any mistakes." She said.

"I haven't been part of a couple either. We shall make mistakes and learn with them together. I have never felt such happiness and contentment as when I am with you. You make me feel complete and I will do anything to make you happy." He said. He looked in her eyes with such intensity and desire.

She felt his love. She felt it in his touch and in his words. She knew that he meant what he said. She saw it in his face, and, most of all, she saw it in his heart. That was the most important place she could see the goodness in him.

She caressed his face, she never thought she would get to be with a man like this. She craved the intimacy and the closeness of most couples she knew. She needed to be loved, not just by her cats but by someone who loves her with his whole heart. She wanted to be kissed, and he longed to kiss her. She drew closer to him and closed her eyes. She hoped she wouldn't miss his lips.

He drew closer to her lips and kissed her, slowly at first, but long and passionate. He wanted to kiss her like that for a long time, Ever since he first saw her. They stopped kissing but they both had their eyes closed. Savouring the moment and the passion that they shared.

"I love you." He said after he opened his eyes.

"I like you. But I feel I need more time. I still want to have your company and your love, but, I think its a bit too soon for me. I hope you don't think I'm leading you on. Because I'm not. This is my first experience with a man and I really don't know how to be with one. Please be patient with me." She said,

"Like I said before. I am not going anywhere. I will be only with you. You have taken my heart and I would be a fool to leave you after I have devoted myself to you. I will wait. No matter how long it takes." He said. She smiled.

"Thank you Cheops. I will never forget what you have done for me. I just hope I will be able to live up to your expectations." She said.

"All I have done is love you. All I will EVER do is love you. As long as we are together, I will be happy." He said. "You have exceeded my expectations. I never thought I could be loved, and, now you have given me a chance at loving a wonderful woman like you. It is like a fairy tale." He said. "I just hope I can live up to everything you want from me. I don't know what to do with a man. My cats have been my life. I will not give them up and I don't expect you to give up your dogs." She said.

"Imhotep said you have a way with all animals. I'm not sure if that's true. I can see you have cat-like ways. Maybe from being around them for most of your life. I think I could get used to the idea." He said.

"Maybe." She said and laughed. They caressed each others faces again. "I can't believe you want to love me."

"It's something I need to do, My Love. I will do anything to make you happy." He said. She smiled. He smiled back at her. "I love your smile. It lights up the whole room." He said.

"You have a nice smile as well. Sort of shy, in a way, but, very sweet." She said.

"Shall we retire for the night, My lady? I think we will have a long day tomorrow." He said.

"Yes, I suppose that's true. I have never slept with a man before. I'm not sure if it is right for us. Not yet anyway." She said cautiously.

"We will sleep on opposite sides of the tent. I will not touch you in anyway you feel that is not necessary. I love you and I will not do anything to endanger what we have." He said.

"Thank you Cheops." She said and kissed him again.

"You have the most wonderful lips. I wouldn't mind kissing them over and over." He said. She laughed a small laugh.

"I Bet. But I wouldn't mind you kissing me, just as long as I get to kiss you back." She said and winked.

"Very nice. I would like that very much." He said. He had a BIG smile on his face. She arranged the pillows for her and him separately and a couple of blankets so they wouldn't get cold during the night. Deserts are notorious for being scorching hot during the day and freezing at night. She hoped that there would be enough for the both of them.

They went to sleep on opposite sides of the tent and he laid down for a moment. He waited until he thought she was asleep and sat up and looked at her. He longed to be next to her and hold her while she was sleeping. All of these feelings he had buried inside were coming to the surface and he didn't want to stop them. But he also didn't want to rush her into something she didn't want to do. He respected her feelings enough to not rush her into anything, but, he also wanted to show her how much he cared for her. THAT was the hard part.

12