Old Wounds, New Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You lie. You don't just find out you're gay! You must have known and you lied to me!" Mary was stepping towards the door while her tears flowed freely now. "How could you? How could you do this to me?"

"I swear," he finally closed the distance and grabbed her arm stopping her escape. "I just realized it."

She sniffed and looked away. "You said you loved him. Is that true?"

Using his hand, he lifted her chin forcing her to look into his eyes. It was time for the truth. "Yes."

Mary closed her eyes in defeat. "Oh my God. You're in love with another man which means you're fucking gay." Her head shook, "This can't be happening. It's a nightmare or a cruel joke, right?"

"I'm sorry, but it's not a joke. I discovered I was I love with Afton the night of the fundraiser. I crave him, Mary. I can't be with you anymore, you get that don't you?"

"Oh my God," she repeated. "You fucking bastard! You're breaking up with me? This seriously is real?"

It hit Ethan at that moment that he had to embrace his choice of sexual orientation. Denying it now would only sound idiotic. He couldn't deny it no matter how much he wanted to hide, especially not after the orgy he just participated in. "Yes, Mary. I am gay."

Her knees gave out and he caught her. "Get off of me," she spat. "I don't ever want you touching me again." She found her balance and shoved off him, storming out of the room.

Greta slipped past, pausing to give him a compassionate look before chasing after Mary.

"All right, everyone out," Afton yelled throwing clothing at the group of naked men watching from the couch. "I said out!"

People moved and the room cleared except for Afton and Ethan. He still stood like a statue watching the door that Mary had fled through.

"Are you okay?"

Ethan didn't respond for a moment. He then turned his face to find Afton watching him. "Of course not," he snarled.

"Greta will talk with her," Afton offered, knowing it wouldn't ease his heartache.

For the first time, Ethan felt a blast of anger towards Afton. "It won't help. I didn't want her finding out like this. Did you know this would happen? Is that why you invited her?"

Afton paled, his guilt showing on his face. "I knew the orgy would happen, but I didn't expect her to walk in. I wanted the knowledge she was in the other room to be an added thrill of discovery. I wanted it to be a risk you could get caught. I never thought you would." His voice was filled with honest compassion. "I am sorry, Ethan."

His grief overwhelmed him. Ethan inhaled sharply before a single tear bled from his eye. He couldn't stay mad at Afton, even aft this. "Well she did."

"I know and I am sorry."

"Can we leave now? I can't handle being in this room anymore and I need to think."

Afton nodded, rushing to find their clothes. They were both dressed in a short time. He grabbed Ethan's hand firmly, kissing his knuckles once before leading him out into the main room and through the crowd.

Ethan was in a daze as Afton dragged him forward. He partially scanned the people, searching for Mary or Greta, finding neither. They must have left as well, but he didn't care right now. He felt like he was about to hyperventilate and needed to get out of this building before he fell apart.

"Hold on, Ethan. We're almost to the limo. Hold on," Afton crooned.

Afton's strong hands guided him into the vehicle, and shut the door. Ethan barely noticed. He finally was free to give into his anguish, sobbing loudly before Afton's arms engulfed him tight.

"I've got you. I promise, I won't let you fall. You can let go, Ethan. Cry."

He did, all the way back to the mansion.

Back in their room, showered and snuggled in the warm blankets, Ethan finally spoke in a raspy voice. "What am I going to do now? She's going to tell my family and everyone I know. My life back home is ruined. Just like that, all I've ever known is gone."

Afton wasn't going to lie to him, but tried to soften the fear. "I know, but it's not the end of our life. Think of it like a new beginning."

Ethan snorted. "That is such a cop out and you know it. You had a life you wanted to escape; I loved mine. I love working on a farm and I love being outdoors. That is all gone for me now. What am I going to do?"

This was an interesting question that made Afton frown unable to hide his hurt. "I thought you wanted to be with me?"

Ethan paused finding Afton's worried gaze and smiled in encouragement. "Of course I do, that's not what I meant; I guess I just never thought about what would happen next."

"I have," Afton whispered in response.

"What?"

"I have thought about it. Stay with me, here. Stay with me, Ethan. Not just while you are in NY, but forever. I can't live without you."

The raw emotion in Afton's request touched Ethan so he shifted so he could cup his cheek. "Forever?"

Afton nodded. "We could ever purchase a farm for you to manage, whatever you want. Just don't leave me."

The thought of spending his life with Afton affected him greatly. He wanted it more than anything. The fears of how his family would react faded and the guilt he felt at hurting Mary disappeared. All that mattered was Afton and he was waiting for his answer with anxiety. "I won't leave you. But you knew that already deep within your soul. I love you, Afton. With all my heart."

Tears formed in Afton's green eyes as the relief washed over him. He hadn't realized how scared he was of losing Ethan or how close it came to the potential of him running away.

"Now what?" Ethan asked softly, lowering his face for a kiss.

Their lips met softly, barely touching. "We love."

Until the next and final chapter