Old Wounds, New Love Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So what?"

"He'll show the tapes to people."

"And I care why? I'm gay, I have a nice dick and I have nothing to hide."

Afton flinched, looking at Ethan with a surprised expression. He sounded so confident of his orientation and his stance. He was protecting Afton like he been unable to protect himself. Xavier had shattered him that badly.

"You're as sick as he is," Xavier spat.

"He loved you and you fucked him over. How do you live with yourself?" Ethan took a menacing step forward causing Xavier to scamper away as he had in the bar.

"He loves only the power and the money. Don't you, baby?" The old endearment made Afton flinch. "You dreamt about it every fucking moment of every fucking day," he was now speaking to a white faced Afton who stood near the door frozen. "You owe me. I helped you build your empire. You wouldn't be where you are now without my help."

"I am not under your control anymore. You saw my choice of lifestyle as a sick perversion for you to exploit. You did nothing for my career and all you did was to destroy any chance I could have at being happy."

"Until now," Ethan mumbled and earned a smile from Afton.

The comment seemed to give him courage. "I needed to purge my past, Xavier. I need to purge myself of you. That building reminded me of bad choices that I want to forget. Each day I held onto to that building was one more day I couldn't let go. I'm ready to forget. I finally have a reason to move on, so it's done, the escrow will close in three days – cash deal. When it is final, our contract is terminated. You won't get any profit from the sale and you can't collect the income from those apartments anymore. I hope you rot in hell."

"Fuck you Afton." He spat at Ethan next, "And fuck you and all your goddamn friends."

Ethan snorted, "Yes, I will fuck Afton and maybe some of his friends, thanks for the suggestion. Now go."

Xavier stared at Ethan a moment longer. None of Afton's friends had ever had the courage to stand up to him before. He saw a formidable man standing before who would. Ethan was not some weak, snivel gay man who could be pushed around. The only reason he had gotten a yoke around Afton was through his heart and his pants, but Ethan was a different matter. He'd have to use brawn and that was something Xavier didn't have. He was soft, he knew it. He chose to use manipulation to wrangle power, not brute strength.

"I will never forgive you for this, Afton." He wiped his bleeding nose again.

"I hope you never do," Afton said in his most arrogant voice. He had found the courage to be the bone chilling cold man he could be when making business deals. "Good-bye." He strode into the building and leaned against the wall just inside the door. He was trembling so badly he nearly fell.

Ethan caught him pinning him to the wall with his body. "Look at me," he demanded and kissed him when his face lifted. "I love you and he doesn't control you anymore. He's got to get through me first. Do you understand that?"

Afton's pale face nodded. "You defended me."

"I will defend you every day if I have to. I love you."

"I hate it that he makes me weak. I hate that me makes me tremble with fear." He held up his hand to show how badly he was shaken.

"He's gone. I know you pretty damn well, and this is not who you are. It's a reaction. Fight or flight. You chose flight." He kissed his quickly and then added, "I will be the fight from now on. Only when it comes to that asshole. You seem to handle yourself just fine with everyone else," he laughed and then kissed him more passionately, warring with his tongue in the hallway.

Greta tentatively approached, clearly worried. "Hey," she interrupted. "I left the others at the table, but I had to come. Is everything all right?"

Afton wrapped his arms around Ethan and held him in a hug, a huge smile at his friend from the embrace. "It's perfect. He's gone from my life and I feel free for the first time."

"You knew he'd come looking for you, Afton."

"Yes. I have found something that gave the courage to finally stand up to him," he squeezed Ethan. "It's time to move on."

A tear streaked down her face and she sobbed, rushing to her friend and her arms flew around the two of them in a fierce hug. "Oh thank God. I've been waiting ten years for you to say that!"

Afton cherished these two people the most in his life. Greta because she'd never once faltered in her loyalty, picking up the shattered pieces of Afton's soul each time Xavier tore him apart and Ethan solely because he held his heart. "Come on, desert is probably getting cold and Ethan, I want to get you some ice for that hand."

They all looked down at his right first and his knuckles were swollen and red. He may have broken it on that second punch. "It's fine."

"Liar. Come on," Afton shoved him off and hand in hand they made their way back into the restaurant. As he sat down at the table, he met the worried glances from each of his friends, Mary included and smiled. "It's done." It was time to finish their dinner and truly begin a new chapter in life – with Ethan.

12